PDA

View Full Version : How do you feel about tha "Hack-A-Retardre" strategy?

Real14
04-29-2015, 08:27 PM
http://www.si.com/sites/default/files/styles/si_article_main/public/stats/photos/2014/nba/NBA_201502192311835025769-P5_0.JPEG
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/CSCQkndfKNc/hqdefault.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/iygniwz.gif
http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/greg-popovich-thumbs-up.gif

Is it annoying? Should it be banned forever? Does it excite you? Or do you just think there's nothing wrong with it and think it should keep on going? :confusedshrug:

QuebecBaller
04-29-2015, 08:34 PM
They just have to learn how to shoot free throw and the Hack-A-X will stop

Real14
04-29-2015, 08:35 PM
They just have to learn how to shoot free throw and the Hack-A-X will stop

Sounds easy but some big men now and throughout NBA history just cant get it right. Its quite puzzling indeed.

Cowboy Thunder
04-29-2015, 11:00 PM
I think they would be foolish to take it away or modify the rules.

Get better.

SpecialQue
04-29-2015, 11:02 PM
You're really hoping this Retardre thing catches on, aren't you?

Keep up the good fight, my nigguh. :cheers:

Fudge
04-29-2015, 11:05 PM
James Retarden
Retardre Jordan

OP is a genius. :applause: :lol

Spaulding
04-29-2015, 11:10 PM
Silver already spoke on this.

He met with MJ and Bird who stressed that players should just make their darn free throws.

Whereas Silver is concerned about the entertainment factor. A casual fan or new viewer to NBA games will be quick to change the channel seeing the continuous stoppage in play as 'boring.'

As a NBA fan its easy for me to support MJ and Birds opinion. I think it's embarassing for the player being "hacked," as the player is a professional....should find a way to adapt. That responsibility is on coach too.

Could care less about the casual fan or random viewer. Though, Silver is running the business...so you cant blame him for his concern.

Quite the predicament.

nba_55
04-29-2015, 11:11 PM
James Retarden
Retardre Jordan

you are both the same kind of ''genius''.:hammerhead:

plowking
04-29-2015, 11:18 PM
Learn to shoot. End of story.

If my 5'4 girlfriend who barely has strength to get the ball to the ring from there can hit 7/10, he should be able to as well.

ISHGoat
04-29-2015, 11:20 PM

If my 5'4 girlfriend who barely has strength to get the ball to the ring from there can hit 7/10, he should be able to as well.

no she cant

bobopenguin
04-29-2015, 11:20 PM
Sounds easy but some big men now and throughout NBA history just cant get it right. Its quite puzzling indeed.

how come josh can shoot 3s but not free throw.. seriously brah? they just need to shoot FT 2hrs a day instead of smoking weed.

nba_55
04-29-2015, 11:21 PM

No offense, but your gf would go 0/10 or 1/10 at best in front of 20 thousand people.

Mr. Jabbar
04-29-2015, 11:24 PM
how do I feel?

that it would be embarrassing to receive millions in paychecks if I wasn't able to make a free throw.

bluechox2
04-29-2015, 11:25 PM
i like the strategy , just loling at those who dont want it just to have a easier time playing ball

Genaro
04-29-2015, 11:28 PM
For me nothing changes. Yes, it's boring but we can't award the bad shooters.
Just work on your FTs, hire a shooting coach and be better at it.

That being said, I think Silver will make changes for audience purposes.

J Shuttlesworth
04-29-2015, 11:30 PM
I think it's funny that eliminating the strategy would make DJ one of the GOAT big men of all time :lol

sundizz
04-29-2015, 11:33 PM

It is much harder to hit free throws in a game. Shooting 2 is much different than getting to shoot 10 in a row. At the same time, it is just something genetic it seems. DJ has pretty good form but just has no touch. He has no depth perception when it comes to shooting for some reason and/or he just isn't able to get his body to replicate a successful movement over and over. It's why a granny shot may work for some of these guys - it minimizes movement and maximizes the available angle to go in.

plowking
04-29-2015, 11:56 PM
No offense, but your gf would go 0/10 or 1/10 at best in front of 20 thousand people.

I don't think she'd care enough whether she makes it or not for pressure to get to her.

She'd probably still hit 5.

PS- My GF has seen this and she took offense. She is fuming.

nba_55
04-30-2015, 12:06 AM
I don't think she'd care enough whether she makes it or not for pressure to get to her.

Oh sorry bro, I hope we are still bros from Australia who like Beasley and Miami Heat and who most importantly rep each other.

nba_55
04-30-2015, 12:06 AM
I think it's funny that eliminating the strategy would make DJ one of the GOAT big men of all time :lol

Relax

Real14
04-30-2015, 12:11 AM
James Retarden
Retardre Jordan

My nigah:applause:

Real14
04-30-2015, 12:12 AM
You're really hoping this Retardre thing catches on, aren't you?

Keep up the good fight, my nigguh. :cheers:
Thanks for tha support bro:D

Real14
04-30-2015, 12:14 AM
how do I feel?

that it would be embarrassing to receive millions in paychecks if I wasn't able to make a free throw.
You definitely have a point here.

Spaulding
04-30-2015, 12:14 AM

Don't belive ya sorry :(

Pointguard
04-30-2015, 12:21 AM
A foul is a deviation from good clean ball. It shouldn't be used as a strategy to win the game. That's crap and messes up the integrity of the game. The thing I haven't heard on TV yet was that the foul was created to clean up the game, not to pollute it. Its dirty ball and needs further cleaning.

J Shuttlesworth
04-30-2015, 12:24 AM
A foul is a deviation from good clean ball. It shouldn't be used as a strategy to win the game. That's crap and messes up the integrity of the game. The thing I haven't heard on TV yet was that the foul was created to clean up the game, not to pollute it. Its dirty ball and needs further cleaning.
That's a good point. Never thought of it that way.

stephanieg
04-30-2015, 09:38 AM
Yeah, the penalties for breaking the rules shouldn't give you an advantage. Like at the end of games when the losing team intentionally fouls and prays the other team misses. Talk about some serious BS. Transforms the game into a turn based basketball simulator between the two coaches. The last two minutes of that Clippers-Spurs game took like 30 minutes. But hey, more commercials, so I doubt that'll change anytime soon.

lilandywiggins
04-30-2015, 10:17 AM
If DeAndre learns to shoot, then it wouldn't be a problem.

ThickassGlasses
04-30-2015, 10:35 AM
Let's force PG's to play in the post while we are at it.

Or guys under 6 feet to tall to dunk instead of shoot lay-ups.

Maybe we should just move the FT back to the 3 point line so that anyone who can shoot triples can get punished.

It's stupid, shooting a FT is a skill and shooting a FT is supposed to benefit the team that is the victim. Should Jordan get better at shooting FT's? Sure, he'd be a better player. Curry should also work on his dunking and post game, only thing is no team can MAKE him.

ZenMaster
04-30-2015, 10:38 AM

I strongly agree with this and have used the point before. A foul, and subsequently free throws was put into basketball with the idea of it being a penalty for breaking the rules, it's not supposed to be strategy.

The NBA would be much better of implementing unsportsman like fouls just like they do in Europe and the rest of the world.

Chizdog
04-30-2015, 10:42 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CDuM8AlVEAAQPQP.png:large

Rivers should be teaching him how to improve. smh.

Mr Exlax
04-30-2015, 11:13 AM
I like it because it exploits a players weakness. It's no different than exploiting a defender who is too small, too slow, injured, inexperienced etc. It might not be the most entertaining to watch, but it is entertaining if you like coaching.

Jon_Koncak
04-30-2015, 12:36 PM
I think it's bullshit,a travesty,essentially cheating.I cant believe that a league that implementied a rule like 5 seconds back to the basket hasnt done anything about it.

UK2K
04-30-2015, 12:50 PM
I could underhand 30%.

smoovegittar
04-30-2015, 05:21 PM
I strongly agree with this and have used the point before. A foul, and subsequently free throws was put into basketball with the idea of it being a penalty for breaking the rules, it's not supposed to be strategy.

The NBA would be much better of implementing unsportsman like fouls just like they do in Europe and the rest of the world.

Great idea- I'm on board. Repped.