PDA

View Full Version : Dirk Willing To Come Off Bench If It's Means Landing A Top Free Agent

DirkLegend41
04-29-2015, 08:48 PM
Keep this one in mind ahead of the LaMarcus Aldridge and DeAndre Jordan sweepstakes.

Dirk Nowitzki says he would be willing to come off the bench next season if the Dallas Mavericks were to acquire a marquee free agent.

Nowitzki and Aldridge are both traditional power forwards, but the Mavs are believed to be one of the two prime candidates to lure Aldridge away from the Portland Trail Blazers. Dallas is also said to have mutual interest with Jordan, the Los Angeles Clippers center who's a more natural fit next to Nowitzki but could likewise require a change to the frontcourt rotation.

The Mavs cleaned out their lockers Wednesday following elimination at the hands of the Houston Rockets the night before. Amid talk of the Rajon Rondo disaster, Nowitzki conceded it was a tough year.

http://www.thescore.com/nba/news/755609

Dirk willing to come off the bench as a Sixth Man? This could be the chance for the Mavs to bring home LaMarcus Aldridge. Come back home, LaMarcus! You said the Blazers don't believe in you. Your hometown of Dallas believes in you. :applause: :rockon:

HylianNightmare
04-29-2015, 08:50 PM
He really is a class act

Lebron23
04-29-2015, 08:52 PM
I hate his racists fans, but Dirk's always been a class act.

Hit_Em
04-29-2015, 08:54 PM
I also hate his racist fans.He is the only white player i remember copying anything from growing up.Truly a legend :applause: one of my fav players of all time

Smook A.
04-29-2015, 08:55 PM
Another reason why I'll always have crazy respect for Dirk. Super unselfish and extremely loyal to his team.

kennethgriffin
04-29-2015, 08:56 PM
why do stars transition into bench scrubs just to hang on to their careers

its not like their gonna get any credit for winning
nore does dirk really need the money

and i doubt he has anything to prove either since he won as the man

so wtf is dirk thinking

he has no pride i guess

ZMonkey11
04-29-2015, 08:57 PM
Man, most of Dallas has no idea he came from Seagonville. And if they did, they'd want to forget he came from Seagonville.

Where is the welcome back mats for Chris Bosh?

But in response to the first part, damn Dirk. Dirk is the ****ing man. I was not a fan of the Dallas Mavericks until they drafted that weird haircut German. And to see him take a paycut, take a smaller role, then suggest taking an even SMALLER role, all while in the considerations for a top 20 player of all-time.

Dirk is truly amazing. All you could ever ask for in a franchise player. In an age where players can move wherever they want, whenever they want, Dirk is a shining example of what being franchise a player is about.

ZMonkey11
04-29-2015, 08:59 PM

so wtf is dirk thinking

he has no pride i guess

https://imgflip.com/i/kukp7?merp=1430355631.53

Relinquish
04-29-2015, 09:00 PM
Dirk is truly amazing. All you could ever ask for in a franchise player. In an age where players can move wherever they want, whenever they want, Dirk is a shining example of what being franchise a player is about.

If Dirk had never won a ring, you would never have written all this hoopla.

ZMonkey11
04-29-2015, 09:02 PM
If Dirk had never won a ring, you would never have written all this hoopla.

Yea, you're probably right. That's why no one cares about Dominique, right?

But, he did. As the ****ing man. He beat down Arguably the best SF of all-time, arguably the second best SG of all-time, and arguably the best coach of all-time.

So yea....I guess I will stand by it. Cause he did it. AS THE ****ING MAN.

the_troof
04-29-2015, 09:09 PM
Its insane to see the differences in the generations

Guys like Dirk, Duncan, Pierce, Garnett, even Kobe are guys who will do whatever it takes to win, while staying loyal to their organizations.. I know Truth and KG played for different teams but both stayed in bad situations for a long time and KG willingly returned to Minny knowing they wouldn't be close to the playoffs for a few years. Compare these guys to LeBron and Dwight and CP3 and MeLo who held their franchises hostage the year before their free agencies.

ZMonkey11
04-29-2015, 09:12 PM
Its insane to see the differences in the generations

Guys like Dirk, Duncan, Pierce, Garnett, even Kobe are guys who will do whatever it takes to win, while staying loyal to their organizations.. I know Truth and KG played for different teams but both stayed in bad situations for a long time and KG willingly returned to Minny knowing they wouldn't be close to the playoffs for a few years. Compare these guys to LeBron and Dwight and CP3 and MeLo who held their franchises hostage the year before their free agencies.

Might want to edit out one player in your list. Starts with a K. Before the hounds get you. Less you did it...on purpose??:coleman:

the_troof
04-29-2015, 09:17 PM
Might want to edit out one player in your list. Starts with a K. Before the hounds get you. Less you did it...on purpose??:coleman:
He was loyal to an extent.. hard to play for a franchise for 20 straight years without being a loyal person. I realize he tried to get traded and didn't take a paycut.. but he's still going to retire a Laker

sd3035
04-29-2015, 09:19 PM
Dirk is a legendary human being

COnDEMnED
04-29-2015, 09:23 PM
I hate his racists fans, but Dirk's always been a class act.
Can you elaborate? I can't keep up with all the ISH subplots. I haven't seen this myself. I'm interested in some new entertainment.

Lebron23
04-29-2015, 09:25 PM
Can you elaborate? I can't keep up with all the ISH subplots. I haven't seen this myself. I'm interested in some new entertainment.

Masondixon
Romosexual
DirkHoward41
StephHammann

Read all of their posts. They hate non whites (Asians, Mexicans and Blacks).

IncarceratedBob
04-29-2015, 09:26 PM
Is he the greatest non black NBA player ever? It's close

DMAVS41
04-29-2015, 09:27 PM
Might be good for him. He'd still end up playing roughly 28 minutes in the regular season and above 30 in the playoffs.

I'd love to get LMA back home, but we also have to get a guard or perhaps two that can defend/rebound/shoot.

That weakness is still there and it's the biggest on this team going into next season.

But it's pretty cool to think of a Dirk/LMA combo. Would be scary good...

We can't afford another bad signing like Parsons. We have to fill out this roster and get another legit all-star caliber type player if we have a prayer of doing anything.

Going to be a ton of work. We basically only have...

Dirk/Felton/Parsons/Harris on the books for next year. Not even sure Tyson is coming back because I'm sure some stupid team will offer him a full 4 year max again like those moronic Knicks did.

The situation is really no different. I just don't think this team can win paying Tyson/Parsons a combined 32 million a year.

Love Tyson...thought he was our best player in the regular season, but unless he takes 10 or less...not sure it's smart to keep him again.

Lensanity
04-29-2015, 09:29 PM
Meanwhile in Los Angeles........

Yao Ming's Foot
04-29-2015, 09:35 PM
Its a nice thought, but Dallas has wiffed on top free agents throughout the Dirk era.

D Williams
C Paul
D Howard
L James
S Nash

Seems like people only want to play with them if they are getting overpaid.

34-24 Footwork
04-29-2015, 09:36 PM
Meanwhile in L.A., fans are speculating if Lin will even have an NBA job next season.:lol

Lebron23
04-29-2015, 09:38 PM
Meanwhile in L.A., fans are speculating if Lin will even have an NBA job next season.:lol

Lin is gone in the off season. It's Clarkson's time right now.

DMAVS41
04-29-2015, 09:39 PM
Its a nice thought, but Dallas has wiffed on top free agents throughout the Dirk era.

D Williams
C Paul
D Howard
L James
S Nash

Seems like people only want to play with them if they are getting overpaid.

Yep. Dallas is a great city actually, but it's not attracting any big name guys now or ever unless there are additional reasons. Even then...like you said...it's not likely.

LMA at least is realistic because of those ancillary reasons.

Duggrr
04-29-2015, 09:45 PM
I applaud Dirk, but I don't see Aldridge going to Dallas even if he's from there. Portland and San Antonio are both in better situations as far as winning. Portland has the advantage of his potential on franchise records and SA has GOAT mentors and the addition of his kid living there. SA is a very realistic possibility.

34-24 Footwork
04-29-2015, 09:49 PM
Lol. All the ******s running from Zach Randolph/Gasol

lilandywiggins
04-29-2015, 09:52 PM
No reason for Dirk to come off the bench for DeAndre.

Spurs m8
04-29-2015, 09:59 PM
This is nothing but an invitation to LeMarcus

rezznor
04-29-2015, 10:59 PM
gotta hand it to dirk. he seems like a team first guy with little ego. the league needs more stars like him.

kenny817
04-30-2015, 12:27 AM
Man, most of Dallas has no idea he came from Seagonville. And if they did, they'd want to forget he came from Seagonville.

Where is the welcome back mats for Chris Bosh?

But in response to the first part, damn Dirk. Dirk is the ****ing man. I was not a fan of the Dallas Mavericks until they drafted that weird haircut German. And to see him take a paycut, take a smaller role, then suggest taking an even SMALLER role, all while in the considerations for a top 20 player of all-time.

Seagoville*

I actually watched him in high school...we're the same age

LA_Showtime
04-30-2015, 12:42 AM
Good thing Dirk loves his team and basketball as much as winning because he won't see much winning in his last years.

Mr. Jabbar
04-30-2015, 12:47 AM
why do nowadays fading stars think getting these "lebron rings" will somehow boost their legacy? :confusedshrug:

masonanddixon
04-30-2015, 06:15 AM
why do nowadays fading stars think getting these "lebron rings" will somehow boost their legacy? :confusedshrug:

Because Dirk is a shell of his former self and he's no longer good enough on offense to cover up his absolutely horrendous defense nowadays.

aj1987
04-30-2015, 06:20 AM
Yea, you're probably right. That's why no one cares about Dominique, right?

But, he did. As the ****ing man. He beat down Arguably the best SF of all-time, arguably the second best SG of all-time, and arguably the best coach of all-time.

So yea....I guess I will stand by it. Cause he did it. AS THE ****ING MAN.
Kobe IS the 2nd best SG of all time. No arguments.

AirFederer
04-30-2015, 06:31 AM
Love his attitude.
I know of a certain other who should do the same..

Anyways, I`m not sold on LMA. But I guess that`s their best shot...

Dr Hawk
04-30-2015, 06:34 AM
Damn, I was about to ask you yesterday in this (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=374649) thread if wouldn't it be better if Dirk started to come off the bench at this point

Fallen Angel
04-30-2015, 06:39 AM
Rockets beat him so senseless he's resorting to becoming a bench player

Witnessed.

nathanjizzle
04-30-2015, 06:44 AM
If i were dallas, i would bust ass to get jimmy butler after this season. No need for monta. Also, get and elite pg, i think dragic would be in the market.

masonanddixon
04-30-2015, 07:02 AM
If i were dallas, i would bust ass to get jimmy butler after this season. No need for monta. Also, get and elite pg, i think dragic would be in the market.

Monta is a much better player than Jimmy Butler.

Dr Hawk
04-30-2015, 07:05 AM

Jimmy is easily a much better 2 way player, and he is 4 years younger. Better to have Jimmy than Monta on your team.

StephHamann
04-30-2015, 07:10 AM
I would rather join the Knicks than this trash team.

Monta Ellis Tyson Chandler Chandler Parsons without knees

:roll:

masonanddixon
04-30-2015, 07:15 AM
Jimmy is easily a much better 2 way player, and he is 4 years younger. Better to have Jimmy than Monta on your team.

Not really, Butler has come down to earth now that opposing defenses are actually focusing on him. Monta has the most important quality in the game--getting to the basket at will and getting to the FT line. Butler is a slightly better defensive player than Parsons.

What Dallas needs is a pass first PG who can spread the floor, like a Calderon...

StephHamann
04-30-2015, 07:20 AM
Not really, Butler has come down to earth now that opposing defenses are actually focusing on him. Monta has the most important quality in the game--getting to the basket at will and getting to the FT line. Butler is a slightly better defensive player than Parsons.

What Dallas needs is a pass first PG who can spread the floor, like a Calderon...

What Dallas needs to compete are.

A point guard who can shoot the 3 and is at least average on defense. (Dragic type)

A shooting guard that can stay in front of his man and knock down 3s (Green)

A PF who can create mismatches (Aldridge)

A center that can play defense (not Tyson Chandler)

Dragic (Barea)
Green (Harris)
Aminu (Parson)
Aldridge (Dirk)
DeAndre Jordan (Draft a rookie Center)

so they need better players at nearly every position, and even then they would not be better than the Warriors.

masonanddixon
04-30-2015, 07:23 AM
What Dallas needs to compete are.

A point guard who can shoot the 3 and is at least average on defense. (Dragic type)

A shooting guard that can stay in front of his man and knock down 3s (Green)

A PF who can create mismatches (Aldridge)

A center that can play defense (not Tyson Chandler)

Dragic (Barea)
Green (Harris)
Aminu (Parson)
Aldridge (Dirk)
DeAndre Jordan (Draft a rookie Center)

so they need better players at nearly every position, and even then they would not be better than the Warriors.

lol so you're knocking Chandler now? The heart and soul of the team?

Dragic and Monta are too similar and Miami will never allow him to get loose.

Are you referring to Gerald Green? He's trash.

All I want is Jose back or just anyone who can spread the floor...

Obviously another good defensive big man will suffice.

Now the critical issue is what Parsons will look like post-rehab

StephHamann
04-30-2015, 07:35 AM
lol so you're knocking Chandler now? The heart and soul of the team?

Dragic and Monta are too similar and Miami will never allow him to get loose.

Are you referring to Gerald Green? He's trash.

All I want is Jose back or just anyone who can spread the floor...

Obviously another good defensive big man will suffice.

Now the critical issue is what Parsons will look like post-rehab

Tyson played like a total loser against Houston, crippled Dwight looked like an allstar again.

Monta? He can co play for the Kings or som other scrub team.

Danny Green from the Spurs.

nathanjizzle
04-30-2015, 07:51 AM

Not for the team. Ellis needs to be ball dominate to be effective but he doesnt have the playmaking skills of an elite pg. Jimmy butler doesnt need the ball in his hands all the time and can play off of a pg. Also team chemistry will be better with a play maker running the offense instead of a scorer. With monta, you cant pair him with a great pg and have it work out well. Its been tried many times already thats why he bounces around to different teams

creepingdeath
04-30-2015, 10:49 AM
Most likely won't make much sense for him to come off the bench. At least not this coming season. Dirk needs his rhythm and is not a high energy guy anymore. Also, which free agent on the 4 can create his own shot as well as him except for LMA who probably doesn't come to Dallas, anyhow?

SexSymbol
04-30-2015, 03:50 PM
I'm sorry, I love Dirk, but... beta.

Cleverness
05-01-2015, 03:52 AM

so wtf is dirk thinking

he has no pride i guess

He loves the game and would like to keep playing while he can:confusedshrug: