PDA

View Full Version : Cavs' Kevin Love out 4-6 months after undergoing shoulder surgery.

Wavves
04-29-2015, 10:52 PM
The Cleveland Cavaliers provided an unfortunate update on Kevin Love's status on Wednesday:

[QUOTE]Cavaliers forward Kevin Love underwent successful surgery this afternoon at the Hospital for Special Surgery in New York City to repair his dislocated left shoulder. The surgery was performed by Dr. David W. Altchek. Continuing treatment and rehabilitation at Cleveland Clinic Courts and Cleveland Clinic Sports Health will be conducted by the Cavaliers

Lebron23
04-29-2015, 10:54 PM
Get Well Soon Kevin Love.

Fudge
04-29-2015, 10:54 PM
:biggums:

Damn.

Hate the Cavs. But this is ****ing terrible. That ugly lesbian Olynyk should've honestly been suspended for AT LEAST 10 games.

G0ATbe
04-29-2015, 10:55 PM
No excuses.

Budadiiii
Good news.

TylerOO
Next man up.

Ca$H
04-29-2015, 10:56 PM
Get Well Soon Kevin Love.

Agreed. He needs to be healthy when he is playing for the Lakers next season.

Lebron23
04-29-2015, 10:57 PM

Damn.

Hate the Cavs. But this is ****ing terrible. That ugly lesbian Olynyk should've honestly been suspended for AT LEAST 10 games.

I really feel bad for Kevin Love. He really wanted to play in the playoffs. Oh Well injuries are part of the game.

Ca$H
04-29-2015, 10:57 PM
Next man up.

Bruce Jenner.

funnystuff
04-29-2015, 10:58 PM
:wtf: :facepalm

Fudge
04-29-2015, 10:59 PM
****, turned soft there for a minute... :facepalm

No excuses still, ya bum ass Cavs/LeBron fans.

:lol :lol :lol

Spaulding
04-29-2015, 11:01 PM
http://cdn.meme.am/instances/19774032.jpg

sbw19
04-29-2015, 11:03 PM
All good as long as he comes back fully recovered.

livingby3's
Things were looking good for the Cavs before this injury. It's always no good seeing a contender limited due to injuries.

But it's a big boys' game. Injuries happen to every team. TT a pretty darn good player, I think they won't win the title, but it's going to be a good fight even without Love

poido123

Damn.

And JR Smith at least 5.

Dat catering.

nba_55
04-29-2015, 11:05 PM
And JR Smith at least 5.

Dat catering.

Bulls fans hoping for suspensions and injuries because they know damn well that a fully healthy Cavs team shits on them. :oldlol: :oldlol:

Wavves
04-29-2015, 11:06 PM
Does the injury impact his free agency decision at all?

nba_55
04-29-2015, 11:08 PM
Does the injury impact his free agency decision at all?

Yeah, he was about to go to Boston. Now, he's staying with Cavs.

nba_55
04-29-2015, 11:09 PM
Agreed. He needs to be healthy when he is playing for the Lakers next season.

There's a document of 205 pages explaining why nobody wants to play with the rapist. You should read it.

Genaro
04-29-2015, 11:11 PM
This sucks. Injuries are a sad part of the game. I don't think it was a dirty play but the consequences speak for themselves, Ollynyk should have been suspended a longer time.

funnystuff
04-29-2015, 11:12 PM
the fact that a punch with no serious injury warrants more games than dislocating someones shoulder is beyond me

TylerOO
04-29-2015, 11:15 PM
Bruce Jenner.

Jen Brucer.

poido123
04-29-2015, 11:20 PM
Bulls fans hoping for suspensions and injuries because they know damn well that a fully healthy Cavs team shits on them. :oldlol: :oldlol:

We will crush the Cavs and I'll be just as satisfied, injured or not and little f.cks like you and the other Lebron turds can eat shit for once :pimp:

I just think the right thing should of been done. The league has catered to a situational mercy and Lebron who befriended the commissioner by being an ambassador for situations such as this.

Everything Lebron does is calculated. He's always looking for an edge, he doesn't want to have to rely on his own composure to lead a team out of difficult situations.

Spaulding
04-29-2015, 11:21 PM
As Kenny said on TNT...injuries like this really make you apprentice teams that win rings.

So many factors come into play for teams being able to win the ultimate prize. Everyone (that matters) on team must be healthy for the chance.

I do not see the Cavs winning the chip at all. Though I said this before Love was hurt. Will they go to Finals? Sure, but that is due to Bulls and Hawks really being disappointing in this post season. I honestly think Hawks and Bulls collectively are better teams than Cavaliers.

All Cavs have going for them is the pure talent of Lebron and Kyrie. Which is NOT enough for a chip. Even Shaq Kobe and Pippen MJ needed their role players/bench to win.

As a whole Cavs bench is lacking, their defense is non existent and offense reminds me a lot of OKCs...which is iso up the a**.

Sure Lebron and Kyrie can make good plays, passes and shots. Though, relying heavily on two guys wont win a chip at all.

poido123
04-29-2015, 11:22 PM
the fact that a punch with no serious injury warrants more games than dislocating someones shoulder is beyond me

Both punishments were wrong.

Smith 5+

Olynyk 10+

nba_55
04-29-2015, 11:22 PM
We will crush the Cavs and I'll be just as satisfied, injured or not and little f.cks like you and the other Lebron turds can eat shit for once :pimp:

I just think the right thing should of been done. The league has catered to a situational mercy and Lebron who befriended the commissioner by being an ambassador for situations such as this.

Everything Lebron does is calculated. He's always looking for an edge, he doesn't want to have to rely on his own composure to lead a team out of difficult situations.

Can't wait to see your all-time great defense vs Cavs. I hope it is as good as the one you played vs Plowking.

Magic 32
04-29-2015, 11:23 PM
There's a document of 205 pages explaining why nobody wants to play with the rapist. You should read it.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view5/2770568/you-mad-o.gif

SpecialQue
04-29-2015, 11:23 PM

It was an accident.

nba_55
04-29-2015, 11:24 PM
It was an accident.

Just like your existence.

RedBlackAttack
04-29-2015, 11:33 PM
It was an accident.
I'm sure JR meant to hurt Crowder's knee when he hit him with a spinning back-fist. Simply playing recklessly isn't an excuse when a guy gets hurt... it's the cause of the injury, in fact.

This just feels like another incident in the long line of things that have derailed Cleveland sports franchises for the last 40 years. A big f#ck you to Olynyk.

jayfan
04-29-2015, 11:36 PM
You punish based on the act itself, not the result of the act.

nba_55
04-29-2015, 11:36 PM
I'm sure JR meant to hurt Crowder's knee when he hit him with a spinning back-fist. Simply playing recklessly isn't an excuse when a guy gets hurt... it's the cause of the injury, in fact.

This just feels like another incident in the long line of things that have derailed Cleveland sports franchises for the last 40 years. A big f#ck you to Olynyk.

:applause: :applause: :applause:

J Shuttlesworth
04-29-2015, 11:38 PM
I think the injury makes him LESS LIKELY to leave. He was just starting to really gel right as the playoffs started, and then he gets sidelined with a freak injury. I'm sure Love feels like he has unfinished business.

But a damn shame.. I feel bad for Cleveland fans since this appeared to be the best shot at a ring that the Cavs have ever had.

L8krH8tr
04-29-2015, 11:39 PM
anyone know what kind of shoulder repair? I might of had the same repair. Torn type 2 SLAP Tear AKA Labrum and scar tissue

RedBlackAttack
04-29-2015, 11:40 PM
You punish based on the act itself, not the result of the act.
...and the act was locking up a guy's arm -- not under the basket where guys are stationary, but in the open court with both guys running hard and when you had zero chance of making a play on the ball -- and forcefully twisting and yanking it in the opposite direction.

J Shuttlesworth
04-29-2015, 11:40 PM
anyone know what kind of shoulder repair? I might of had the same repair. Torn type 2 SLAP Tear AKA Labrum and scar tissue
It did say the labrum tore away from the bone, which sounds similar to what you went through.

RedBlackAttack
04-29-2015, 11:42 PM
Acute anterior inferior glenohumeral dislocation with corresponding ligament/labrum tearing and humeral head bone bruising.

poido123
04-29-2015, 11:44 PM
...and the act was locking up a guy's arm -- not under the basket where guys are stationary, but in the open court with both guys running hard and when you had zero chance of making a play on the ball -- and forcefully twisting and yanking it in the opposite direction.

You aren't going to see it any other way honestly.

You are pissed off because the Cavs have no chance of winning a chip this year and possibly next year.

You aren't even leaving it open to the possibility that Olynyk might not of been actually trying to hurt him.

You are that mad.

tpols
04-29-2015, 11:47 PM

lol.. the act of Kelly arm pull was way less reckless/deliberate than Jr's spinning backfist. it just so happened one occurred in a freak injury.

funnystuff
04-29-2015, 11:49 PM
It was an accident.
No play on ball, grabbed KLoves arm and twists it the opposite direction.

I wouldn't of been surprised if KLove made the gesture to tap out.

L8krH8tr
04-29-2015, 11:50 PM
Acute anterior inferior glenohumeral dislocation with corresponding ligament/labrum tearing and humeral head bone bruising.

Dam pretty much the same surgery!! I hope Kevin Love Heals faster than me because im about a year and a half out of surgery and not 100% and dont even know if ill ever be the same. I can barely put a gallon of milk in the fridge without some pain. I have to stretch my shoulder for 30 minutes before i even try and exercise. A little bit worse than Kobes Rotator Cuff Surgery. The Labrum is brutal.

J Shuttlesworth
04-29-2015, 11:50 PM

You are pissed off because the Cavs have no chance of winning a chip this year and possibly next year.

You aren't even leaving it open to the possibility that Olynyk might not of been actually trying to hurt him.

You are that mad.
Wait... what happened Just the other day, you were saying the play looked dirty. You even said it looked like a scene out of braveheart. Changed your tune?

funnystuff
04-29-2015, 11:51 PM
Dam pretty much the same surgery!! I hope Kevin Love Heals faster than me because im about a year and a half out of surgery and not 100% and dont even know if ill ever be the same. I can barely put a gallon of milk in the fridge without some pain. I have to stretch my shoulder for 30 minutes before i even try and exercise. A little bit worse than Kobes Rotator Cuff Surgery. The Labrum is brutal.
Damn really? Hope that sh*t heals for ya

poido123
04-29-2015, 11:53 PM
Wait... what happened Just the other day, you were saying the play looked dirty. You even said it looked like a scene out of braveheart. Changed your tune?

It looked dirty. I leave it to a possibility that it COULD NOT of been dirty.

We honestly don't know what went through Olynyk's head, the simple jostling for position leaves an element of doubt there.

lilandywiggins
04-29-2015, 11:53 PM
That is brutal.

L8krH8tr
04-29-2015, 11:54 PM
Damn really? Hope that sh*t heals for ya

Ya thanks. I hope I heal but its taking forever. Alot of baseball pitchers get Labrum tears and never the same after either. I battled depression over this injury. Its so brutal not being able to do what you love. Take care of your shoulders people! its a really bad injury probably the worst after acl/mcl meniscus.

J Shuttlesworth
04-29-2015, 11:56 PM

We honestly don't know what went through Olynyk's head, the simple jostling for position leaves an element of doubt there.
I don't think Olynyk intended to pull his shoulder out... I just think it wasn't a basketball play, and had unfortunate consequence. An armbar has no place in basketball, and neither does what JR did... Both had unintended consequences, but both were dirty plays.

That's my two cents at least...

J Shuttlesworth
04-29-2015, 11:56 PM
Ya thanks. I hope I heal but its taking forever. Alot of baseball pitchers get Labrum tears and never the same after either. I battled depression over this injury. Its so brutal not being able to do what you love. Take care of your shoulders people! its a really bad injury probably the worst after acl/mcl meniscus.
What did you do to tear it?

funnystuff
04-29-2015, 11:58 PM

Think about the possible incentive...about to get swept, no play on ball, he held onto his arm pretty excessively.

I believe it was a shot at Kevin, although no one knew what was going on through Olynyk's head so all we have is opinions so far.

RedBlackAttack
04-29-2015, 11:59 PM

You are that mad.
I don't care whether or not he was trying to hurt him. It was reckless and when you play recklessly, people get hurt. I'm tired of hearing the excuse that "He wasn't trying to dislocate his arm."

No sh!t. That's not even close to the point. There is no justification for grabbing and yanking the arm the way he did in that position without having even a remote play on the ball. Trying to defend it is far worse than calling it what it is... reckless and dirty.

I'm not even really mad, tbh. I accepted the fact that Kevin was done when it initially happened. I'm glad they elected to just go ahead with the surgery and not mess around with it. You don't magically recover from that injury in a few weeks. It's become more about not having it derail his career now.

But, that doesn't mean I have to pretend that Olynyk did nothing wrong. This is 100% his fault.

poido123
04-30-2015, 12:00 AM
I don't think Olynyk intended to pull his shoulder out... I just think it wasn't a basketball play, and had unfortunate consequence. An armbar has no place in basketball, and neither does what JR did... Both had unintended consequences, but both were dirty plays.

That's my two cents at least...

I was fine with a lengthy suspension for Olynyk as what he did has caused a major injury to another player.

I am very disappointed with JR's suspension of only 2 games. That was DEFINATELY not a basketball play and should of had the book thrown at him.

Certain players have a rep in this league, Smith would of been gone a long time if he didn't have ambassador(pretend buddy to Silver) Lebron on his team.

nba_55
04-30-2015, 12:04 AM
I was fine with a lengthy suspension for Olynyk as what he did has caused a major injury to another player.

I am very disappointed with JR's suspension of only 2 games. That was DEFINATELY not a basketball play and should of had the book thrown at him.

Certain players have a rep in this league, Smith would of been gone a long time if he didn't have ambassador(pretend buddy to Silver) Lebron on his team.

Zach Randolph got 1 game suspension when he punched Adams. JR getting 2 is already 2X more than what Randolph got.

poido123
04-30-2015, 12:08 AM
Zach Randolph got 1 game suspension when he punched Adams. JR getting 2 is already 2X more than what Randolph got.

You mean this one?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrrwkewwQ2w

That was two guys bumping each other up the court and a reactionary flay NEAR Adam's head.

JR flat out punches Crowder straight in the head without any provocation.

Not even close to the same.

RedBlackAttack
04-30-2015, 12:09 AM
And, he actually got 2.5, because the league takes into consideration how much time a guy missed with the initial ejection. That suspension was warranted and certainly in-line with past ejections for flagrant, dirty plays in the playoffs.

One playoff game is equal to about 10 regular season games. You can completely kill the fortunes of a team's season with a 2 game playoff suspension depending on the player and the situation. The league has always taken that into account too.

But, this thread isn't about JR Smith. It's about Kevin Love. I don't know why every time someone attempts to hold Olynyk accountable, it becomes a discussion about JR Smith.

There are plenty of threads to talk about JR's suspension in.

nba_55
04-30-2015, 12:12 AM
You mean this one?

That was two guys bumping each other up the court and a reactionary flay NEAR Adam's head.

JR's was more violent, but not that more violent. 2.5 games is enough if Zach only got 1 game.

RedBlackAttack
04-30-2015, 12:13 AM
You mean this one?

:rolleyes:

Chris Childs got a two-game regular season suspension for squaring up with Kobe and punching him twice in the jaw.

And... this thread is about Kevin Love and Olynyk's arm bar. I'm tired of the deflecting.

34-24 Footwork
04-30-2015, 12:15 AM
Lebron stans in here claiming that they feel bad for the Cavs fans is one of the most disgusting things I've read in my 2 months of being on ISH.

Plus, Bran told the fans and stans that a championship would be a process and that he has a young core to mentor in the mean time.

poido123
04-30-2015, 12:16 AM
JR's was more violent, but not that more violent. 2.5 games is enough if Zach only got 1 game.

randolph didn't even look like he threw a punch at Adams, the league suspended him based on a reaction which could cause a fight, not because of impact or the fact he threw a punch.

JR throws a dirty sucker punch straight to the head and you say there wasn't much difference?

You guys are f.cking comedians :oldlol:

nba_55
04-30-2015, 12:19 AM

randolph didn't even look like he threw a punch at Adams, the league suspended him based on a reaction which could cause a fight, not because of impact or the fact he threw a punch.

JR throws a dirty sucker punch straight to the head and you say there wasn't much difference?

You guys are f.cking comedians :oldlol:

You won't change your opinion on the situation nor I will, and JR's suspension also won't change. I think we should end this pointless conversation in here.

J Shuttlesworth
04-30-2015, 12:21 AM
Yo RBA, what kind of moves do you see the Cavs making this offseason?

I'm not even sure what everyone's contract is. Mozgov has another year left, right?

poido123
04-30-2015, 12:22 AM
:rolleyes:

Chris Childs got a two-game regular season suspension for squaring up with Kobe and punching him twice in the jaw.

And... this thread is about Kevin Love and Olynyk's arm bar. I'm tired of the deflecting.

How many years ago? In a league which still had physicality and lee way? Was JR's punch in a square up or while the guy was completely unaware?

Don't you find it strange in the current league that comes down hard on provocation of fights and showing emotion etc., suddenly decides to go light on a guy who has a rep for dirty play and thuggery? A punch directly to the head with no argument to suggest it was an accident?

This is no coincidence. This is a situational mercy(Loss of Love) and a favour to Lebron.

That ambassador for the NBA is already paying off :applause:

RedBlackAttack
04-30-2015, 12:30 AM
http://i57.tinypic.com/2e1shw2.jpg

http://i59.tinypic.com/jkdthw.jpg

http://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/kevin-love-kelly-olynyk.jpg

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/RBSI3nyqnKo/0.jpg

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Kevin-Love-Shoulder.jpg

Reckless. Dirty. Period.

J Shuttlesworth
04-30-2015, 12:32 AM
[IMG]http://i57.tinypic.com/2e1shw2.jp

Reckless. Dirty. Period.
ugh. I honestly hate looking at those pictures

34-24 Footwork
04-30-2015, 12:34 AM
This play LITERALLY happens every basketball game. Freak accident.

Mr. Jabbar
04-30-2015, 12:35 AM
in the end this will be better for lejudas legacy.. playing (and winning) overcoming adversity is what actually defines an all time great. is this actual adversity? not so sure

as a cavs fan this must suck but from lejudas stan perspective this was kinda a big favor

RedBlackAttack
04-30-2015, 12:37 AM
This play LITERALLY happens every basketball game. Freak accident.
Arm locks anywhere but directly underneath the basket where guys are stationary are actually what is the freak occurrence. If this "play" happened more often, you'd see more shoulder injuries around the league.

There is nothing ordinary about this...

You get a guy's arm in that kind of compromising position and yank, bad things happen.

poido123
04-30-2015, 12:38 AM
http://i57.tinypic.com/2e1shw2.jpg

http://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/kevin-love-kelly-olynyk.jpg

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Kevin-Love-Shoulder.jpg

Reckless. Dirty. Period.

You answer my JR Smith points with pictures. Cool.

poido123
04-30-2015, 12:39 AM
Can you address this RBA?

"How many years ago? In a league which still had physicality and lee way? Was JR's punch in a square up or while the guy was completely unaware?

Don't you find it strange in the current league that comes down hard on provocation of fights and showing emotion etc., suddenly decides to go light on a guy who has a rep for dirty play and thuggery? A punch directly to the head with no argument to suggest it was an accident?

This is no coincidence. This is a situational mercy(Loss of Love) and a favour to Lebron.

That ambassador for the NBA is already paying off "

RedBlackAttack
04-30-2015, 12:39 AM
Can you address this RBA?

"How many years ago? In a league which still had physicality and lee way? Was JR's punch in a square up or while the guy was completely unaware?

That ambassador for the NBA is already paying off "
Go post it in a thread that isn't about Kevin Love being arm-barred by Olynyk.

houston
04-30-2015, 12:45 AM
kharma for lebron

poido123
04-30-2015, 12:47 AM
Go post it in a thread that isn't about Kevin Love being arm-barred by Olynyk.

You answer my first part about the JR incident, but now you can't answer this one?

How convenient.

If you can't be objective on JR, then no one is going to listen to your heart bleed on Olynyk. Doesn't help that you guys were dancing with the devil and accepting Lebron back with open arms, you pay the price eventually.

No sympathy from me. I guess there's a reason why your city never wins anything.

Eric Cartman
04-30-2015, 12:49 AM
Quick question: If you realize that a guy is holding your arm that way, why in the heavens would you sprint the other way?

Makes no sense.

34-24 Footwork
04-30-2015, 12:49 AM
You answer my first part about the JR incident, but now you can't answer this one?

How convenient.

If you can't be objective on JR, then no one is going to listen to your heart bleed on Olynyk. Doesn't help that you guys were dancing with the devil and accepting Lebron back with open arms, you pay the price eventually.

No sympathy from me. I guess there's a reason why your city never wins anything.

:applause: :applause: :applause: :cheers:

RedBlackAttack
04-30-2015, 12:54 AM

How convenient.

Yes, Poido. You're such a master debater that you've scared me away from addressing a topic. Kudos to you for the fantastic acumen in the act of discourse and the unmatched rebuttal that we all witnessed herein.

I actually addressed the fact that I don't think there is anything lenient about Smith's suspension a few posts up, which would -- in theory -- answer your whole (admittedly fantastic) post. I then revealed my being annoyed at every Love/Olynyk thread being derailed by a JR Smith conversation, before you made your (championship-level) post.

But, by all means... declare victory.

Now, back to the topic of the thread...

Thunderfan86
04-30-2015, 12:57 AM
Dam....after looking at those pictures that Mod just posted it does look dirty as fvck. But I still don't think he "intentionally" tried to rip the guy's arm off.

funnystuff
04-30-2015, 01:05 AM
Those pictures are both very cringe-worthy and upsetting.

poido123
04-30-2015, 01:05 AM
Yes, Poido. You're such a master debater that you've scared me away from addressing a topic. Kudos to you for the fantastic acumen in the act of discourse and the unmatched rebuttal that we all witnessed herein.

I actually addressed the fact that I don't think there is anything lenient about Smith's suspension a few posts up, which would -- in theory -- answer your whole (admittedly fantastic) post.

But, by all means... declare victory.

Now, back to the topic of the thread.

Stop acting so pompous.

Are you always a d.ck when you are confronted with something you can't answer?

The earlier argument from you on JR was hardly a home run :oldlol:

But since we have to go back onto topic and you will eventually go into your moderator power trip and threaten to ban me, let's talk Olynyk.

TheOne
04-30-2015, 01:20 AM
This is wrestling, not basketball. :facepalm

christian1923
04-30-2015, 01:23 AM
Grabbing the wrist and dislocating the shoulder.

I think Kelly has some MMA experience to pull that off.

Clearly intentional to me

nzahir
04-30-2015, 02:06 AM

Lebron 3-0 vs bulls, and twice with fully healthy team. So rose would be 3-1* vs lebron, if they win. But that asterisk is since the cavs are missing 2 of their top 5 players(jr only gone for 2 games though)

bigkingsfan
04-30-2015, 02:07 AM
Better +- without him. Lebron on his way to Goat if he pulls this off.

poido123
04-30-2015, 02:10 AM
Lebron 3-0 vs bulls, and twice with fully healthy team. So rose would be 3-1* vs lebron, if they win. But that asterisk is since the cavs are missing 2 of their top 5 players(jr only gone for 2 games though)

Huh?

:oldlol:

Rose missing from 2 of the series doesn't count? Or Deng?

There's an asterisk on all the matchups if you really want to go there :lol

livinglegend
04-30-2015, 02:12 AM
Huh?

Rose missing from 2 of the series doesn't count? Or Deng?

There's an asterisk on all the matchups if you really want to go there :lol
Nate Robinson played better than Rose did 2011.
Rose missing doesn't really count. It probably helped Bulls.

poido123
04-30-2015, 02:20 AM
Nate Robinson played better than Rose did 2011.
Rose missing doesn't really count. It probably helped Bulls.

Your dumbass can't be in med school :oldlol:

Kobe_6/8
04-30-2015, 02:29 AM
Better +- without him. Lebron on his way to Goat if he pulls this off.

Agreed, this could be a blessing in disguise for Bron's legacy.

tomtucker
04-30-2015, 02:30 AM
he be ready for Lakers camp

buddha
04-30-2015, 02:47 AM
this news pretty much means there's no reason to watch the NBA finals. the real finals will be the WCF's.

AintNoSunshine
04-30-2015, 03:17 AM
One of already few contenders is out just like that. Sucks.

Magic 32
04-30-2015, 03:24 AM
About time.

http://oi48.tinypic.com/1608xw7.jpg

tomtucker
04-30-2015, 03:33 AM
[

Reckless. Dirty. Period.

just use a tampon then

JebronLames
04-30-2015, 03:43 AM
should have seen this coming. All those pics on instagram without love was foreshadowing.

NZStreetBaller
04-30-2015, 04:26 AM
Man everybody around lebron get injured. Except for lebron lol.

Magic 32
04-30-2015, 06:19 AM

His teammates can't go to Miami.

aj1987
04-30-2015, 06:37 AM
:facepalm

http://i.imgur.com/QLsVRy4.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/31i7ODs.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/GVtD6Hc.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/kjCeMJo.gif

Stop posting, kid.

Magic 32
04-30-2015, 06:47 AM
:facepalm

http://i.imgur.com/QLsVRy4.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/31i7ODs.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/GVtD6Hc.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/kjCeMJo.gif

Stop posting, kid.

http://uproxx.com/smokingsection/2015/02/did-bill-simmons-hint-that-lebron-james-took-a-steroid-vacation/

aj1987
04-30-2015, 06:51 AM
http://uproxx.com/smokingsection/2015/02/did-bill-simmons-hint-that-lebron-james-took-a-steroid-vacation/
Thanks, TMZ. :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

If you're still too stupid to realize, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh.

StephHamann
04-30-2015, 07:00 AM
LeGM great work :applause:

Magic 32
04-30-2015, 07:37 AM
Thanks, TMZ.

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/extras/extra_bases/SimmonsReacts.gif

DukeDelonte13
04-30-2015, 07:55 AM
Can't believe people still think what KO did was a normal basketball play.

Ca$H
04-30-2015, 07:57 AM
Jen Brucer.

Interesting retort. Tell me more.

El Gato Negro
04-30-2015, 08:10 AM
If it happened on any other team it would be a complete different story. The general FU that the media and general public has for cleveland is straight pathetic.

poido123
04-30-2015, 08:25 AM

It didn't look good, but you can't prove that he intentionally tried to hurt the guy as they were both jostling for position in a live play.

JR Smith? That hood rat would be in jail for a king hit like that to an unsuspecting person.

The injustice here is that both of these players got off way too lightly on their suspensions.

DukeDelonte13
04-30-2015, 08:28 AM
It didn't look good, but you can't prove that he intentionally tried to hurt the guy as they were both jostling for position in a live play.

JR Smith? That hood rat would be in jail for a king hit like that to an unsuspecting person.

The injustice here is that both of these players got off way too lightly on their suspensions.

why are we talking about JR smith again? Did JR intentionally mean to sprain Crowder's knee when he punched him in the face? WTF does that matter?

poido123
04-30-2015, 08:28 AM
If it happened on any other team it would be a complete different story. The general FU that the media and general public has for cleveland is straight pathetic.

Dat Cleveland victim mentality.

No wonder you will never sniff a championship. Disasters follow those who always think the worst. :rolleyes:

poido123
04-30-2015, 08:30 AM
why are we talking about JR smith again? Did JR intentionally mean to sprain Crowder's knee when he punched him in the face? WTF does that matter?

It wasn't the injury. Why did you bring that part up?

I don't think anyone will/should listen to anyone complain about Olynyk when hood rat JR cowardly sucker punched Crowder.

:confusedshrug:

DukeDelonte13
04-30-2015, 08:39 AM

I don't think anyone will/should listen to anyone complain about Olynyk when hood rat JR cowardly sucker punched Crowder.

You are just salty that JR is going to play against the Bulls.

ThickassGlasses
04-30-2015, 08:48 AM

Ever been punched in the face?

Ever had your shoulder dislocated?

Tell me which you'd rather have done to you.

poido123
04-30-2015, 08:53 AM
You are just salty that JR is going to play against the Bulls.

Well yeah I am.

Why would I be happy about the league giving the Cavs a better chance at beating us over a bullshit situational mercy ruling and Lebron favour?

If this was a bulls player, you can bet that every Cavs/Lebron fan would be all over it.

Gimme dat salt, I'm f.cking mad salty.

poido123
04-30-2015, 08:57 AM
Ever been punched in the face?

Ever had your shoulder dislocated?

Tell me which you'd rather have done to you.

That isn't the line of argument here.

Why do people in this thread keep bringing up the injury as the argument?

I'm not arguing that Olynyk shouldn't get a lengthy punishment. I'm arguing that both players got off very lightly.

ThickassGlasses
04-30-2015, 09:02 AM
That isn't the line of argument here.

Why do people in this thread keep bringing up the injury as the argument?

I'm not arguing that Olynyk shouldn't get a lengthy punishment. I'm arguing that both players got off very lightly.

The problem is that based on what the league has done in the past and is currently doing... JR Smith got right around what he should as did Olynyk.

Playoff games are equal to regular season games, so what is a 2 game Playoff Suspension in theory could be half a series. It's not that light.

If you want JR to be suspended longer you'd have to argue that the NBA is cracking down and Olynyk would need more as would most suspensions dealt out through the year. Hell didn't Livingston only get 1 game for hitting someone in the balls this year (I want to say it was Dirk?)?

poido123
04-30-2015, 09:09 AM
The problem is that based on what the league has done in the past and is currently doing... JR Smith got right around what he should as did Olynyk.

Playoff games are equal to regular season games, so what is a 2 game Playoff Suspension in theory could be half a series. It's not that light.

If you want JR to be suspended longer you'd have to argue that the NBA is cracking down and Olynyk would need more as would most suspensions dealt out through the year. Hell didn't Livingston only get 1 game for hitting someone in the balls this year (I want to say it was Dirk?)?

What do you think a king hit to the face is worth? What if crowder collapsed to the floor and got brain damage? Does that change the suspension length?

I think it would. Which is why I bring up the situation surrounding the hit.

It was premeditated and cowardly. So was Olynyk who appeared to have purposely pulled the guy's shoulder out.

1 to 2 game suspensions are handed out for much less than these two occurrances.

ThickassGlasses
04-30-2015, 09:15 AM
What do you think a king hit to the face is worth? What if crowder collapsed to the floor and got brain damage? Does that change the suspension length?

I think it would. Which is why I bring up the situation surrounding the hit.

It was premeditated and cowardly. So was Olynyk who appeared to have purposely pulled the guy's shoulder out.

1 to 2 game suspensions are handed out for much less than these two occurrances.

Yeah it would have made a difference, but honestly a spinning elbow would have been much worse than a spinning back fist, and those happen much more commonly. They aren't premeditated which is what I think the big issue is.

They have, during the regular season. Even a 7 game suspension in the regular season is what 9% of the season, not including playoffs. 2 playoff games is anywhere from 29-50% of the series which could be the rest of the players season. I don't see how people don't understand that.

Just like the ultimate injuries suffered by KLove and Crowder play a part in the suspensions so does the playoffs.

poido123
04-30-2015, 09:24 AM
Yeah it would have made a difference, but honestly a spinning elbow would have been much worse than a spinning back fist, and those happen much more commonly. They aren't premeditated which is what I think the big issue is.

They have, during the regular season. Even a 7 game suspension in the regular season is what 9% of the season, not including playoffs. 2 playoff games is anywhere from 29-50% of the series which could be the rest of the players season. I don't see how people don't understand that.

Just like the ultimate injuries suffered by KLove and Crowder play a part in the suspensions so does the playoffs.

You telling me that JR coincidently "caressed" Crowder on the forehead in the same game that Love's shoulder was pulled out of it's socket? That it wasn't premeditated?

4 or 5 games would of at least been close to acceptable.

tpols
04-30-2015, 09:38 AM

Yea but a spinning elbow is a normal rebounding motion.. you grab the ball and hold it with arms at 90

2swift4u
04-30-2015, 10:51 AM
[QUOTE=tpols]Yea but a spinning elbow is a normal rebounding motion.. you grab the ball and hold it with arms at 90

ThickassGlasses
04-30-2015, 10:58 AM
You telling me that JR coincidently "caressed" Crowder on the forehead in the same game that Love's shoulder was pulled out of it's socket? That it wasn't premeditated?

4 or 5 games would of at least been close to acceptable.

So you think JR Smith came into the game thinking, "As soon as Crowder pushes me in the back 3 times going for a rebound, I'm going to half-spinning backfist him"? Really?

It was in the moment, I don't even think that's debatable. It's not like hockey where you send in a goon to fight the guy that hit your star. If that was the case Perk woulda been the one throwing the punch not JR Smith.

Olynyk's was in the moment as well, both were dirty, but it's not like either went into the game planning on doing it.

pegasus
04-30-2015, 01:00 PM
That's a shame. Love is a nice guy. Hopefully he'll recover quickly. In the mean time, it will be interesting to see what this supposed "all-time great" is made of. When adversity hits him, does he just pad his stats without even trying to affect the outcome of the game, or does he take his game to another level and will his team to a victory? They certainly still have enough to win if we are really looking at an eventual top-10 player of all time.

poido123
04-30-2015, 01:03 PM
So you think JR Smith came into the game thinking, "As soon as Crowder pushes me in the back 3 times going for a rebound, I'm going to half-spinning backfist him"? Really?

It was in the moment, I don't even think that's debatable. It's not like hockey where you send in a goon to fight the guy that hit your star. If that was the case Perk woulda been the one throwing the punch not JR Smith.

Olynyk's was in the moment as well, both were dirty, but it's not like either went into the game planning on doing it.

Not came into the game thinking to hurt him, but after seeing his teammate get injured.

Jr tried to mask his intent by doing it without looking at the guy. He knew what he was doing. That was no coincidence.

funnystuff
04-30-2015, 01:08 PM
That's a shame. Love is a nice guy. Hopefully he'll recover quickly. In the mean time, it will be interesting to see what this supposed "all-time great" is made of. When adversity hits him, does he just pad his stats without even trying to affect the outcome of the game, or does he take his game to another level and will his team to a victory? They certainly still have enough to win if we are really looking at an eventual top-10 player of all time.
Who are you even talking about? Kyrie? Or the guy who has better close out game performances than MJ himself? :confusedshrug:

Dr Seuss
04-30-2015, 01:27 PM
However Crowder pushed him 2-3 times from behind (watch the replay!) so JR got sick of it and swung his arm. I kinda understand that. still no excuse though

i love contradicting statements like this.

pegasus
04-30-2015, 01:59 PM
Who are you even talking about? Kyrie? Or the guy who has better close out game performances than MJ himself? :confusedshrug:
I'm talking about the guy who might have to have some great close out game performances without having a super stacked team for once.

Ca$H
04-30-2015, 02:04 PM
Bruce Jenner.

Jameerthefear
04-30-2015, 08:16 PM
why does poido ALWAYS manage to make himself look like a dumbass?

Budadiiii
04-30-2015, 09:05 PM
why does poido ALWAYS manage to make himself look like a dumbass?
Dudes a baggage boy.. :lol

Obviously he ain't working with much upstairs.

Jameerthefear
04-30-2015, 09:13 PM
Dudes a baggage boy.. :lol

Obviously he ain't working with much upstairs.
No doubt :oldlol:
It's getting more and more obvious why he "chose" his line of work.

Budadiiii
04-30-2015, 09:17 PM

Yeah, I have a feeling there was never a "choice" in the matter. Literally one of the only jobs he's capable of. I guess technically it was a choice, he just preferred loading bags over taking orders at McDonalds.

Lakers Legend#32
04-30-2015, 09:19 PM
Love will be ready for Lakers training camp.

J Shuttlesworth
04-30-2015, 09:38 PM

Yeah, I have a feeling there was never a "choice" in the matter. Literally one of the only jobs he's capable of. I guess technically it was a choice, he just preferred loading bags over taking orders at McDonalds.

poido123's stupidity bring ISH together :cheers: :D