PDA

View Full Version : "Tony Parker and Chris Paul is a wash. "

navy
05-01-2015, 01:01 AM
I gotta agree with the Duncan vampires on this on. Tony Parker is garbage and Popovich should be ashamed for playing him so many minutes. Just fake an injury and sit him out. He destroys the spacing, plays no defense, and most importantly keeps Mills and the ball movement out the game.

ClipperRevival
05-01-2015, 01:09 AM
Had Parker been anything close to his old self for stretches in this series, the Spurs would've been the better team. Lucky for us, he either lost a step or is suffering some injuries. Having said that, there is one game to be played and I hope this guy doesn't show up. But anytime you are talking about a once great player, it's always possible.

Proctor
05-01-2015, 01:10 AM
He has most certainly played like trash but I honestly think there is value in the familiarity he brings to the offense. I just wish Popovich would pull him when nobody can buy their shot. Patty is instant offense and hustle.

And for the record, I don't think he's done but he sure is damn near worthless in terms of scoring in this series. Frustrating as hell.

RRR3
05-01-2015, 01:10 AM
If the Clippers win, ninephive is in for some trollin'

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
05-01-2015, 01:11 AM
Had Parker been anything close to his old self for stretches in this series, the Spurs would've been the better team. Lucky for us, he either lost a step or is suffering some injuries. Having said that, there is one game to be played and I hope this guy doesn't show up. But anytime you are talking about a once great player, it's always possible.
Tony was a good, maybe very good player at one point. He was never great and now hes not even the best and arguably 2nd best PG on his team. Hes not even top 20-25 in his position overall

SCdac
05-01-2015, 01:14 AM
Parker looks out of it. Slow, unconfident in his jumper, nonfactor on defense.

He averaged 14 ppg in the RS... and he's not even averaging that.

He needs to step up to at least his RS production (which isn't much relative to past seasons).

Chris Paul and Griffin have been excellent.

navy
05-01-2015, 01:19 AM
Garbage

JebronLames
05-01-2015, 01:20 AM
Tony Parker got destroyed by LeGoat's defense. Same with rose. Both of them will never be the same.

ClipperRevival
05-01-2015, 01:24 AM
Tony was a good, maybe very good player at one point. He was never great and now hes not even the best and arguably 2nd best PG on his team. Hes not even top 20-25 in his position overall

Parker was great. The guy was one of the best pgs ever at attacking the basket. He could light you up offensively. And his playoff scoring avg is close to 19 ppg, which is 2 ppg average above his regular season avg of 17 ppg. You always want to see greats elevate their play come playoff time. The guy is a 4 times champ and half a fmvp. How many pgs have that resume? This guy had about 4-5 seasons when he was top 8-10 in the mvp voting.

He didn't have CP3's great career from start to finish but he was one of the better pgs to ever play.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
05-01-2015, 01:26 AM
Isn't Parker playing hurt?

Not taking away from the fact CP is better than him. By miles. But...?

navy
05-01-2015, 01:27 AM

Not taking away from the fact CP is better than him. By miles. But....?
He's still playing 30 minutes a game. If he's hurt take him out.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
05-01-2015, 01:30 AM
BTW, I almost hate rooting for a team the LeBron fanbois leeched onto. You got all these disgusting creatures cheering for the Clips because they don't want to see the Spurs send their guy back into the fetal position. :oldlol:

This is a catch f***ing 22, boys.

navy
05-01-2015, 01:32 AM
BTW, I almost hate rooting for a team the LeBron fanbois leeched onto. You got all these disgusting creatures cheering for the Clips because they don't want to see the Spurs send them back into the fetal position. :oldlol:

This is a catch f***ing 22, boys.
Not relevant to my thread, but you cant actually think either of these teams is beating the Warriors to be honest.

lilandywiggins
05-01-2015, 01:43 AM
Parker is legit the worst starting PG in the league.

Lebron23
05-01-2015, 01:46 AM
Tony Parker is washed up. This ain't 2007 anymore. And CP3 Ain't Daniel Gibson.

Young X
05-01-2015, 01:52 AM
Parker was never on CP's level, but the 2013 version of him would've gave the Clippers big trouble. They had such a hard time stopping him back then, I still remember when he BODIED CP3 in one of the meetings that season in LA. It was UGLY.

Darius
05-01-2015, 09:17 AM
im just glad Pop isnt playing Patty Mills more...

ArbitraryWater
05-01-2015, 09:33 AM
3-3 looks like a wash to me -Kobetard

imdaman99
05-01-2015, 10:17 AM
And CP3 Ain't Daniel Gibson.
It's true, CP3 could never carry his team to the Finals like Gibson did in game 6 against the Pistons :cheers:

sp6r=underrated
05-01-2015, 03:18 PM

Not taking away from the fact CP is better than him. By miles. But...?

Parker was trash the entire season. Sudden decline is the historical norm for players who are of slight builds and rely on speed. He's done. It isn't injury. It is ability.

PsychoBe
05-01-2015, 03:59 PM
Parker was trash the entire season. Sudden decline is the historical norm for players who are of slight builds and rely on speed. He's done. It isn't injury. It is ability.

he's injured :facepalm

his hip, achilles, and thigh are bothering him iirc.

qrich
05-01-2015, 04:09 PM
Where's ninephive?

sp6r=underrated
05-01-2015, 04:39 PM

It isn't just the post-season. His RS stats were trash too. Injuries are also related to the aging process. As players get older they can't deal with the accumulative toll of injuries caused by a decade of playing basketball.

navy
05-01-2015, 04:42 PM

So sit him out.

greatest-ever
05-01-2015, 04:45 PM
Parker was great. The guy was one of the best pgs ever at attacking the basket. He could light you up offensively. And his playoff scoring avg is close to 19 ppg, which is 2 ppg average above his regular season avg of 17 ppg. You always want to see greats elevate their play come playoff time. The guy is a 4 times champ and half a fmvp. How many pgs have that resume? This guy had about 4-5 seasons when he was top 8-10 in the mvp voting.

He didn't have CP3's great career from start to finish but he was one of the better pgs to ever play.
Parker is very fortunate to have played with one of the best organizations of all time. Duncan and Pop are the reason he's viewed as a great player.

greatest-ever
05-01-2015, 04:47 PM

Ok? And he's also 33 years old in his 14th season. You think he will just miraculously stop having injuries as he gets older and older?