PDA

View Full Version : 2/5

kells333
05-01-2015, 07:42 PM
Can someone please explain why this is seen a such a bad thing. Shouldnt it be a good thing that you can consistently take your team to the finals. i swear people give lebron more flack for going 2/5 than chris paul/melo type players for never even making it. Congratulate this guy for consistently making his team a contender

24-Inch_Chrome
05-01-2015, 07:44 PM
It isn't a bad thing. ISH just has this retarded mentality that it's better to not make the finals than lose in them. All part of the Kobe/LeBron retards' constant back and forth.

04mzwach
05-01-2015, 07:49 PM
Can someone please explain why this is seen a such a bad thing. Shouldnt it be a good thing that you can consistently take your team to the finals. i swear people give lebron more flack for going 2/5 than chris paul/melo type players for never even making it. Congratulate this guy for consistently making his team a contender
Yes, but there's something that separates the greats from the greatest. The greatest will win at the most important moments in his career and the NBA Finals is the most important part of any NBA players career. Jordan has never lost in the Finals. Lebron is a on a level to where he's compared to some of the greats, but he's missed a ton of opportunities already in his career.

kennethgriffin
05-01-2015, 07:50 PM
its a bad thing because 90% of the time to make the top 10 all time you need a winning finals record

russell 11 for 12
jordan 6 for 6
kareem 6 for 10
magic 5 for 9
kobe 5 for 7
duncan 5 for 6
shaq 4 for 6
bird 3 for 5
hakeem 2 for 3
wilt 2 for 5 ( the only guy in the top 10 with a losing finals record. and its only due to him dominating the record books )

lebrons numbers are good but he aint dominating any records as far as i can see.

asside from that. the way he rigged championship teams together TWICE via colluding and tampering since the 2010 offseason also plays into how pathetic 2 for 5 is

considering he predicted 8 championships but ended up choking 2 ( should be 3 ) away

this is why its a "bad thing"

SouBeachTalents
05-01-2015, 07:55 PM
its a bad thing because 90% of the time to make the top 10 all time you need a winning finals record

russell 11 for 12
jordan 6 for 6
kareem 6 for 10
magic 5 for 9
kobe 5 for 7
duncan 5 for 6
shaq 4 for 6
bird 3 for 5
hakeem 2 for 3
wilt 2 for 5 ( the only guy in the top 10 with a losing finals record. and its only due to him dominating the record books )

lebrons numbers are good but he aint dominating any records as far as i can see.

asside from that. the way he rigged championship teams together TWICE via colluding and tampering since the 2010 offseason also plays into how pathetic 2 for 5 is

considering he predicted 8 championships but ended up choking 2 ( should be 3 ) away

So Hakeem's 2/3, with those 2 titles coming with Jordan retired are more legitimate to you than LeBron's? I'd love to see how you'd spin LeBron's titles if Durant retired, let alone the GOAT

kells333
05-01-2015, 07:56 PM
Yes, but there's something that separates the greats from the greatest. The greatest will win at the most important moments in his career and the NBA Finals is the most important part of any NBA players career. Jordan has never lost in the Finals. Lebron is a on a level to where he's compared to some of the greats, but he's missed a ton of opportunities already in his career.

If thats the logic then isnt your elimination game in the first round just as important its the most important game of your season and you lost it shouldnt be a plus on your resume

kells333
05-01-2015, 07:59 PM

russell 11 for 12
jordan 6 for 6
kareem 6 for 10
magic 5 for 9
kobe 5 for 7
duncan 5 for 6
shaq 4 for 6
bird 3 for 5
hakeem 2 for 3

Colluding and tampering the league for wanting to play/work with his friends? Stop it. He was only there 4 years it wasnt possible to win 8 rings please dont take that serious

kennethgriffin
05-01-2015, 08:00 PM
So Hakeem's 2/3, with those 2 titles coming with Jordan retired are more legitimate to you than LeBron's? I'd love to see how you'd spin LeBron's titles if Durant retired, let alone the GOAT

well jordan was banned unofficially by stern

and paul was veto'd by stern causing kobes achilles injury and costing lakers a future with howard aswell

so stern and unfortunate incidents altered reality in order for hakeem and bron to win titles

so?

i look at it like this

hakeem 94 = no collude, no ring chasing, no other star, real season, no bail out
hakeem 95 = no collude, no ring chasing, 1 other former star at the end of his career, real season, no bail out

lebron 12 = collude, ring chased, 2 other stars, fake season lockout
lebron 13 = collude, ring chased, 2 other stars, bail out by former star at the end of his career

its quite obvious hakeems titles are way better

04mzwach
05-01-2015, 08:01 PM
If thats the logic then isnt your elimination game in the first round just as important its the most important game of your season and you lost it shouldnt be a plus on your resume
Making it to the finals is better than making it to the 2nd round if that's what you mean. Elimination games are important, but of course...making it further always looks better than not making it any further. The Finals appearance is going to show up better on Bron's resume than just making the 2nd round. If his performance was extra suspect then it won't look good. Times where he failed to show up when it mattered will be what we debate about as we compare his case against several other greats.

kennethgriffin
05-01-2015, 08:01 PM
its obvious kobe/paul/gasol/bynum or kobe/paul/gasol/howard win the titles in 2012 and 2013

SouBeachTalents
05-01-2015, 08:05 PM

and paul was veto'd by stern causing kobes achilles injury and costing lakers a future with howard aswell

so stern and unfortunate incidents altered reality in order for hakeem and bron to win titles

so?

i look at it like this

hakeem 94 = no collude, no ring chasing, no other star, real season, no bail out
hakeem 95 = no collude, no ring chasing, 1 other former star at the end of his career, real season, no bail out

lebron 13 = collude, ring chased, 2 other stars, bail out by former star at the end of his career

Drexler in the '95 playoffs was EASILY better than Wade was in the '13 playoffs, while Horry outperformed Bosh in the playoffs as well

kennethgriffin
05-01-2015, 08:13 PM
Drexler in the '95 playoffs was EASILY better than Wade was in the '13 playoffs, while Horry outperformed Bosh in the playoffs as well

performance and actual status are completely different

the 95 rockets were a 2 man team while wade was basically having to sacrifice allot.

its obvious wade was better than his numbers portrayed him to be.

its like the 60s celtics. yeah they had legends averaging well under what they could have been cause the team was deep

the heat didnt call allot of plays for wade cause miami was rigged with 4 stars and other good players

AirBourne92
05-01-2015, 08:14 PM
first of all it's the fkin eastern conference

at least capitalize on the less brutal playoff conference.

ECF teams are less tired than the ones coming out of the west.

2nd of all, winning takes intangible skills that aren't recorded on a stat sheet

kobe didnt avg 30ppg in the finals but he knew what plays to call, and he knew how to maximize his teammates

let me know when lebron can do that

go rewatch the 2012 finals, ill give him credit for winning a ring but it was basically him and dwade going through isolation plays and screens against a very inexperienced thunder squad

that's why you have all time legends downplaying lebron's hype

he's a good player but not as good as some of you think--he still has a lot to prove, and if he can win a few more rings with a leadership role no one is going to bitch about it

kells333
05-01-2015, 08:18 PM

so?

i look at it like this

Fake season lockout? Can we have a real bball discussion or you just gonna be a dumbass

kells333
05-01-2015, 08:20 PM
Making it to the finals is better than making it to the 2nd round if that's what you mean. Elimination games are important, but of course...making it further always looks better than not making it any further. The Finals appearance is going to show up better on Bron's resume than just making the 2nd round. If his performance was extra suspect then it won't look good. Times where he failed to show up when it mattered will be what we debate about as we compare his case against several other greats.

If it is better than its shouldnt be a negative (2/5) it should be good for bron for making 5 finals

pauk
05-01-2015, 08:49 PM
People? No, its only guys who fear & loath Lebron.... that insane logic was created by Kobetards and it is used only by them.... its just a Lebron grudge agenda thing, started with all that Kobe vs Lebron who is the best talk since 2005 probably and eventually Lebron surpassing him and still gunning for success while Kobe is about to retire, they hold a grudge in favor of their idol...

I know / We all know they deep down inside dont believe in that logic, i hope so at least.... its just some badly created kobetard "meme" against Lebron, like the 5 > 2 thing at first, something ironic of a joke for them to pun Lebrontards or something, even though it doesnt work...... They still ride with that "X of X in Finals" logic now, desperately, i certainly never heard of it before, nobody ever thought of that before because it is pure stupidness and totally disrespectful to literally any player & team in NBA history who fought for giving their teams a chance to fight for a championship, win or lose..... nobody think its more prestigious to lose any time earlier....

Even though they know that logic is stupid and it is proven to them over and over again they ignore it, because it is still something Kobe has over Lebron, even though its stupid and they know.... its still just..... something... for them...

Im sure even Kobe would prefer a chance at a 4-7 game series for his 6th championship rather than sit at home and have his better than Lebron Finals record intact......... so this logic is even disrespectful to their idol....

They dont care...

Not even if the logic is contradictive.... because with that logic Kobe is nowhere close top 10.... im sure 100s of players had better Finals winning % than Kobe.... "But they didnt lead their teams!" is their response, not all, but many did, like Havlicek.... who is 8/8.... But he didnt lead them all those 8 times? Neither did Kobe lead his team all those 5/7 times....

tmacattack33
05-01-2015, 10:22 PM
Don't argue with anyone who uses flawed logic like that.

Instead, take advantage of it. If you see anyone using this type of elementary logic, you filter that person out as someone you don't need to listen to.

sportjames23
05-01-2015, 10:50 PM

so?

i look at it like this

You gotta be the stupidest kind of Kobe stan to believe that.

Angel Face
05-01-2015, 10:56 PM
It's bad considering how good of a player he is and how much of a stacked team he had.

kennethgriffin
05-01-2015, 11:03 PM
It's bad considering how good of a player he is and how much of a stacked team he had.

na bro... lebron fans think we should be happy with his 2 for 5 finals record

because thats what was supposed to happen

thats how amazing he iz

gilalizard
05-01-2015, 11:05 PM

Nobody is trying to pretend CP3 or Melo is the GOAT.

LeFlop stans constantly are trying to pretend their hero is GOAT, so it's necessary to point out all the ways he falls so far short of GOAT status.

J Shuttlesworth
05-01-2015, 11:27 PM
Nobody is trying to pretend CP3 or Melo is the GOAT.

LeFlop stans constantly are trying to pretend their hero is GOAT, so it's necessary to point out all the ways he falls so far short of GOAT status.
Actually, not really. Outside of obvious trolling, I don't even see most LeBron fans put him in the top 5. Most of their lists have him around 8-10

305Baller
05-01-2015, 11:42 PM
At this point in time 2/5 means what it means: LeBron's not perfect and his finals losses are a microcosm of this.

305Baller
05-02-2015, 12:02 AM
2/5 is a lifestyle. It means giving "we are not good enough to win the title" quotes as an excuse.

Lebron23
05-02-2015, 12:04 AM
2/5 is a lifestyle. It means giving "we are not good enough to win the title" quotes as an excuse.

Soon to be 3/6. Lebron with the same numbers of titles as the Miami Heat.

305Baller
05-02-2015, 12:08 AM
Soon to be 3/6. Lebron with the same numbers of titles as the Miami Heat.

http://media.247sports.com/Uploads/Assets/830/504/504830.gif

24-Inch_Chrome
05-02-2015, 12:31 AM
So much autism ITT. Winning in the finals > making it to the finals > not making the finals.

2/5 is just a trolling mechanism for player stans/haters.

Smoke117
05-02-2015, 12:54 AM
na bro... lebron fans think we should be happy with his 2 for 5 finals record

because thats what was supposed to happen

thats how amazing he iz

Nobody expects you do to anything but try to bring down Lebron to raise up Kobe. I like a good basketball discussion...even argument...but all you bring to the table is horseshit.

imdaman99
05-02-2015, 01:10 AM
As a Knicks fan, I would taken even 1 title. But if I am blessed with the supposed best player in the NBA with a once in a generation level talent and he has a losing record? I'd be a little spoiled. He hasn't won shit for the starving franchise Cavs, in a championship starved town of Cleveland. FFS the Heat won less than 5 years before he ran away to there and went to help them win. LOL this guy will never get it, and if he never wins a title in Cleveland? How could the average Cleveland guy respect him?

Mr. Jabbar
05-02-2015, 01:27 AM
his colluding habits have watered down the east even more.., why should we give him credit for making the finals in a top-heavy/shit hole conference?

Quickening
05-02-2015, 03:47 AM
Kobe is 2/5 in FMVPs... Surely this should go against him :confusedshrug:

warriorfan
05-02-2015, 03:59 AM
bran is 5/5 u count his c0ck and nipple rings