PDA

View Full Version : how many rings would Chris Paul/Kobe/Dwight/ have won if all were healthy

kennethgriffin
05-01-2015, 08:08 PM
2013 - paul 27, howard 27, kobe 34
2014 - paul 28, howard 28, kobe 35
2015 - paul 29, howard 29, kobe 36
2016 - paul 30, howard 30, kobe 37
2017 - paul 31, howard 32, kobe 38
2018 - paul 32, howard 32, kobe 39
2019 - paul 33, howard 33, kobe 40

kennethgriffin
05-01-2015, 08:09 PM
kobe never rips his achilles filling in for nash doing double duty 40mpg struggling to make the playoffs with chris paul there

navy
05-01-2015, 08:11 PM
Why is Dwight not run out of town in this scenario?

AirBourne92
05-01-2015, 08:11 PM
a lot more than his haters would have liked

Ca$H
05-01-2015, 08:15 PM
2013 - paul 27, howard 27, kobe 34, gasol 32
2014 - paul 28, howard 28, kobe 35, gasol 33
2015 - paul 29, howard 29, kobe 36, gasol 34
2016 - paul 30, howard 30, kobe 37, gasol 35
2017 - paul 31, howard 32, kobe 38, gasol 36
2018 - paul 32, howard 32, kobe 39, gasol 36
2019 - paul 33, howard 33, kobe 40, gasol 37

:facepalm Gasol was traded for Chris Paul.

kennethgriffin
05-01-2015, 08:15 PM

how can you possibly be this f*cking dumb

:lol

kobe wanted an alpha leader to take over LA ( DUH chris paul? )

howard wanted an alpha leader to run with for the next 10 years ( DUH chris paul? )

f*cking tard

:roll:

Ca$H
05-01-2015, 08:16 PM

Maybe CP3 would have changed the dynamics?

navy
05-01-2015, 08:17 PM
Maybe CP3 would have changed the dynamics?
Why is that?

kennethgriffin
:facepalm Gasol was traded for Chris Paul.

good catch

:cheers:

kennethgriffin
Why is that?

this man is on drugs

:oldlol:

Ca$H
05-01-2015, 08:19 PM
good catch

:cheers:

It's cool bro. I think you should add Phil and take away Mike Clown/Pringles
in this scenario. With Phil minimum 3 peat.

kennethgriffin
05-01-2015, 08:23 PM
kobe with paul/howard all healthy from 2013-2019 = a good 3-4 titles

kobe retires with 8-9 rings, 3-4 FMVP's

probly goes down as the GOAT

BarberSchool
05-01-2015, 08:25 PM
None.
Dwight is mentally still a child and will be until his death. Kobe is a triangle player, and isn't going to be willing to become an off the ball player. Chris Paul needs a pick and roll to be supremely effective.

Jameerthefear
05-01-2015, 08:31 PM
None.
Dwight is mentally still a child and will be until his death. Kobe is a triangle player, and isn't going to be willing to become an off the ball player. Chris Paul needs a pick and roll to be supremely effective.
u just said CP3 needs a pick n roll player...
u realize healthy 2011 dwight was the best pnr player in the league right?

kennethgriffin
05-01-2015, 08:31 PM
None.

1. dwight wouldnt have been the leader. he would have been comfortable fallowing paul/kobe ... and kobe wouldnt have been so hard on dwight knowing the future of the lakers were in great hands with chris as the #1 guy

2. kobe is a great player in any offense bro. since when did he get his points in the flow of the triangle anyway? LOL every time he scored he was breaking the offense and going 1 on 1

3. kobe got to the nba finals with gary payton sharing PG/ball handling responsibilities.

4. howard is a pick and roll guy and would have been great with paul.. either sag off paul and he hits a jumper at the foul line or fallow paul and he lobs to howard

we just never saw it with nash very often cause he never played due to injuries

JellyBean
05-01-2015, 08:34 PM
To be honest, none. I don't think Dwight would have lasted on a team with Kobe and CP3. The added pressure of trying to win a title and Kobe and CP3 pushing Dwight to reach his potential, would have broke Dwight mentally. He would have crumbled, demanded a trade, and threw the team chemistry off.

kennethgriffin
05-01-2015, 08:39 PM
To be honest, none. I don't think Dwight would have lasted on a team with Kobe and CP3. The added pressure of trying to win a title and Kobe and CP3 pushing Dwight to reach his potential, would have broke Dwight mentally. He would have crumbled, demanded a trade, and threw the team chemistry off.
dwight left because the lakers were going nowhere + kobes achilles + the pressure of being #1 + kobe not opening up to howard as being #1 to replace him

now take away all these things...

howard suddenly is comfortable as the #3 then #2 guy. howard is accepted by kobe as the #3 guy. howard has someone ( who at the time ) is better than even playing with james harden in chris paul

the fans also dont get on howard nearly as bad

with all the pressure on chris paul to lead. everythings peaches for dwight howard

SwishSquared
05-01-2015, 08:51 PM
Why is Dwight not run out of town in this scenario?I think it's because CP3 and Dwight were trying to team up with one another for several years. The problem was Dwight didn't want to leave Orlando and CP3 wouldn't leave New Orleans. Not to mention both teams lacked trade assets, but that's another discussion haha.

I'm pretty sure if Dwight didn't psych himself into opting-in to last year of his contract after reading twitter lol, he and CP3 would have timed it so they would both sign in Dallas in 2012. That would probably be a more entertaining discussion than this one, but I digress.

I guess OP is assuming that connection would have led Dwight to staying long-term in LA.

kennethgriffin
05-01-2015, 08:59 PM
I think it's because CP3 and Dwight were trying to team up with one another for several years. The problem was Dwight didn't want to leave Orlando and CP3 wouldn't leave New Orleans. Not to mention both teams lacked trade assets, but that's another discussion haha.

I'm pretty sure if Dwight didn't psych himself into opting-in to last year of his contract after reading twitter lol, he and CP3 would have timed it so they would both sign in Dallas in 2012. That would probably be a more entertaining discussion than this one, but I digress.

I guess OP is assuming that connection would have led Dwight to staying long-term in LA.

are you saying paul and dwight both leave LA to join AGAIN in dallas

:lol

buddha
05-01-2015, 09:05 PM
if all were healthy? no back problems for dwight and no injuries for Kobe? three at the very least. that big 3 fits together so much better than Wade, Bosh and LeBeta. maybe more if they get good role players around them like Trevor Ariza, Darren Collison and Josh Smith.

SwishSquared
05-01-2015, 09:07 PM
are you saying paul and dwight both leave LA to join AGAIN in dallas

:lolNope, after Paul landed with Clips and Howard left LA, it was reported by Yahoo! that they were planning in advance of their looming free agency to team up, likely in Dallas. Howard kept waffling on the plan, so CP3 got fed up and then asked for a trade out of New Orleans. That's what precipitated his move to begin with- Howard wasn't committing to the plan.

Spurs m8
05-01-2015, 09:16 PM
cp3 is in the team...so none

Hey Yo
05-01-2015, 09:24 PM
Instead of asking a hypothetical question, you can be realistic.

"How many rings for Rondo, Kobe and Randle"

Cold soul
05-01-2015, 09:41 PM
One ring or two Phil Jackson would have to be head coach though.

Real14
05-01-2015, 09:43 PM
At least 1 mainly because of Dfright's cowardness.

kennethgriffin
05-01-2015, 09:46 PM
Nope, after Paul landed with Clips and Howard left LA, it was reported by Yahoo! that they were planning in advance of their looming free agency to team up, likely in Dallas. Howard kept waffling on the plan, so CP3 got fed up and then asked for a trade out of New Orleans. That's what precipitated his move to begin with- Howard wasn't committing to the plan.

i dont understand what this has to do with anything.

i'm talking about a 100% chance of paul and howard ending up together on the lakers if not for stern

both would have been forced together via trades that went down in real life

then when they got together. why split that up?

raprap
05-01-2015, 09:48 PM
This is just sad. Can't believe Kobe is going out like this. Full of "what ifs".

Real14
05-01-2015, 09:52 PM
This is just sad. Can't believe Kobe is going out like this. Full of "what ifs".
What if bron stayed in Cleveland tha first damn place?
What if he didn't open his mouth and spat out lies?
What if post 2010 bron played with only one star a WHOLE season?
What if bron didn't had bad 4th quarters in 2011?
What if bron didn't get schooled by Forrest Diaw in tha finals?
What if Bron didn't get a Lecramp and didn't sat out like a Lebitch in 14 finals?

raprap
05-01-2015, 09:58 PM
What if bron stayed in Cleveland tha first damn place?
What if he didn't open his mouth and spat out lies?
What if post 2010 bron played with only one star a WHOLE season?
What if bron didn't had bad 4th quarters in 2011?
What if bron didn't get schooled by Forrest Diaw in tha finals?
What if Bron didn't get a Lecramp and didn't sat out like a Lebitch in 14 finals?
You clearly didn't understand what I meant. Keep doing you though. Let LeBron live rent free. :cheers:

Real14
05-01-2015, 10:13 PM
You clearly didn't understand what I meant. Keep doing you though. Let LeBron live rent free. :cheers:
What you mean then bro?:D

Smoke117
05-01-2015, 11:39 PM
Someone really should murder you and your entire bloodline. Put an end to the stupidity.

Lebron23
05-02-2015, 12:06 AM
Someone really should murder you and your entire bloodline. Put an end to the stupidity.

I have to agree.

SwishSquared
05-02-2015, 12:21 AM
i dont understand what this has to do with anything.

i'm talking about a 100% chance of paul and howard ending up together on the lakers if not for stern

both would have been forced together via trades that went down in real life

then when they got together. why split that up?This'll be my last post on it cuz I don't wanna dwell on this...

I explained the connection CP3 & Howard had- they wanted to play with one another for years before CP3 actually got traded to the Lakers. My first post was directed @ navy, hence why I quoted him, as conjecture on why Dwight might have stayed. Those two guys wanted to be teammates, thus why they wouldn't hypothetically leave in FA (btw navy's question was legit in predicting how many rings they could win b/c how many rings can you win if the team breaks up?).

My second post tried to explain to you that they wouldn't leave LA to team up again, but they actively tried to get together during their primes. You misread my first post and then didn't get the point of the second one.

Realistically how many do they win? Knowing the injuries that all players have had, there's a chance at one, but I don't see much beyond that honestly.

livingby3's
05-02-2015, 12:50 AM
Imho Kobe excel more playing with a good passing big, but not with a passing point.

In this case it's a bad fit all around. CP with Dwight and Kobe, I don't see them excelling. Which is why I also think Rondo would be a bad fit in LA.

Kobe would have a better chance to win with Marc than Dwight