PDA

View Full Version : So how much money did Olynyk actually cost Love?

Akrazotile
05-02-2015, 12:18 AM
Love was probably going to get a max deal this offseason from somebody. Now what are the offers gonna be like? Is anybody gonna give him more than a one year deal to prove the shoulder isnt a problem?

That was a really expensive cheap shot, thats for sure.

305Baller
05-02-2015, 12:21 AM
yea it was a shitty thing for love.

gts
05-02-2015, 12:51 AM
None most likely. Love was never going to opt out, he'd wait for the summer of 2016 to take advantage of the big TV money, he'll be back for next season so barring another injury Love will be responsible for his next contract

JimmyMcAdocious
05-02-2015, 12:53 AM
Money? I'm more worried if Love can go on and live a normal life after this incident.

Akrazotile
05-02-2015, 12:57 AM
None most likely. Love was never going to opt out, he'd wait for the summer of 2016 to take advantage of the big TV money, he'll be back for next season so barring another injury Love will be responsible for his next contract

Ohhh right, I completely forgot he had an opt out/in. Was thinkin he was just a free agent straight away.

Well then yeah, guess it isnt as big a deal. That opt in is a life saver.

Done_And_Done
05-02-2015, 02:57 AM
With or without the opt clause, I still say there's a pretty big market for Love's services. He'll have a number of GM's ready to toss him a lucrative long term deal. If Cleveland bunks out against Chicago, his market value may arguably rise.

J Shuttlesworth
05-02-2015, 03:06 AM
With or without the opt clause, I still say there's a pretty big market for Love's services. He'll have a number of GM's ready to toss him a lucrative long term deal. If Cleveland bunks out against Chicago, his market value may arguably rise.
How severe are shoulder injuries like this long term? It's not on his shooting arm... would it really have that big of an impact on his game?

Hittin_Shots
05-02-2015, 03:08 AM
How severe are shoulder injuries like this long term? It's not on his shooting arm... would it really have that big of an impact on his game?

Rebounding would be affected also

Done_And_Done
05-02-2015, 03:10 AM

The physical repercussions of such an injury is something I honestly can't speak to. I was basing my opinion with him eventually coming back at full health. I'm curious to know the answers to your questions as well though...

tomtucker
05-02-2015, 03:39 AM
Money? I'm more worried if Love can go on and live a normal life after this incident.

don