PDA

View Full Version : LMA considering Cavs if Love leaves

SugarHill
05-02-2015, 05:28 PM
http://sircharlesincharge.com/2015/05/02/nba-rumors-aldridge-james-cavs/

[QUOTE]Even though Kevin Love may hold the Cleveland Cavaliers in the palm of his hands, with all the leverage, as this summer approaches, that doesn

DonDadda59
05-02-2015, 05:32 PM
Needs to spend the offseason working on his 3 point shooting.

And eating only entrees at restaurants.

RoseCity07
http://www.oregonlive.com/blazers/index.ssf/2014/07/trail_blazers_lamarcus_aldridge_pledges_to_sign_co .html

lilteapot
Love is not leaving the Cavs.

He literally has no reason to. He's part of a winning team, playing with the best player in the world, he doesn't have to shoulder the offensive burden anymore, he had finally found a way to fit into the system, he had his best game as a Cavalier before getting injured, why would he leave?

navy
05-02-2015, 05:33 PM
Who else is on free agent market for the Cavs to get outside of Love or Aldridge?

StephHamann
05-02-2015, 05:34 PM
Bran needs more help, will also try to sign M.Gasol and Kawhi

Genaro
Off season rumors doesn't say nothing to me. Unless LMA comes out and tell witch teams he's looking at, I don't really believe in those BS.

FLDFSU
You guys realize that between now and the first game of next season every free agent is going to be linked to the Cavs right?

Do you know why? Because writers and reporters know that if you linked a player to the Cavs people will create threads and click on their articles...

LMA could really want to go to Dallas or NYC and nobody but their local media will print it because they know ISH won't create 500 threads about it...

Just wanted to point that out...

navy
05-02-2015, 05:35 PM
Off season rumors doesn't say nothing to me. Unless LMA comes out and tell witch teams he's looking at, I don't really believe in those BS.
Marc Stein is legit to be honest.

Cocaine80s
05-02-2015, 05:35 PM
http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/466/680/b0e.gif

ArbitraryWater
05-02-2015, 05:38 PM
oh wow

TheMarkMadsen
05-02-2015, 05:38 PM
[QUOTE]Even though Kevin Love may hold the Cleveland Cavaliers in the palm of his hands, with all the leverage, as this summer approaches, that doesn

navy
05-02-2015, 05:41 PM
just have to read the bolded to realize how dumb this article is
Your not paying attention. LMA will only have Cleveland at the top if Love leaves. As for right now he's favoring San Antonio/Dallas, moreso San Antonio since Love is still there.

SugarHill
05-02-2015, 05:41 PM
just have to read the bolded to realize how dumb this article is

Says the Cavs would be at top if Love leaves. That's the caveat. But you're right, this whole thing is TMZ.

RedBlackAttack
05-02-2015, 05:45 PM
I'd rather Love stays, but he'd be a nice security blanket if things go haywire. How about Love stays and we add LMA with Haywood plus filler?

Kyrie
JR / Shump
LeBron
Love / LMA / TT
Mozgov / Varejao

Do it, Griff.

Im Still Ballin
05-02-2015, 05:47 PM
L-m-a

ArbitraryWater
05-02-2015, 05:49 PM
I'd rather Love stays, but he'd be a nice security blanket if things go haywire. How about Love stays and we add LMA with Haywood plus filler?

Kyrie
JR / Shump
LeBron
Love / LMA / TT
Mozgov / Varejao

Do it, Griff.

I like it.. one more 3/D guy, then it'll be really good.

SugarHill
05-02-2015, 05:51 PM

Kyrie
JR / Shump
LeBron
Love / LMA / TT
Mozgov / Varejao

Do it, Griff.
lol

Im Still Ballin
05-02-2015, 05:51 PM

Kyrie
JR / Shump
LeBron
Love / LMA / TT
Mozgov / Varejao

Do it, Griff.
Dew it.

TheMarkMadsen
05-02-2015, 05:52 PM
Your not paying attention. LMA will only have Cleveland at the top if Love leaves. As for right now he's favoring San Antonio/Dallas, moreso San Antonio since Love is still there.

no you're not paying attention

"will reportedly put cavs on top of list, ABOVE SAN ANTONIO if Love leaves"

and then like 2 paragraphs later

"The sneaky part of this whole report is that Aldridge reportedly has the Spurs on top of his free agency list. It’s not known if they are above the Portland Trail Blazers"

translation

"we know jack shit, but its a safe bet that he's going to his home town or staying in Portland, oh and if he can get that guranteed trip to the finals every year by playing in the east with 2 other all stars.. he's interested"

no shit

outbreak
05-02-2015, 05:57 PM
Love is not leaving the Cavs.

He literally has no reason to. He's part of a winning team, playing with the best player in the world, he doesn't have to shoulder the offensive burden anymore, he had finally found a way to fit into the system, he had his best game as a Cavalier before getting injured, why would he leave?

Ego. I don't think he leaves but he has a reason to if he feels disrespected in his role and wants to be the man. If he does he's an idiot for thinking that would happen with Lebron though.

This article is the usual off season speculation. He could go to Cleveland, he could also go to any other team in the league. Until he says where he wants to go these articles will keep popping up.

RedBlackAttack
05-02-2015, 05:59 PM
I like it.. one more 3/D guy, then it'll be really good.
Durant? :confusedshrug:

Cocaine80s
05-02-2015, 06:03 PM
Aldridge can play Center

Kyrie/Dragic
JR/Shumpert
Lebron/Durant
Love/Thompson/Verajao
LMA/Mozgov/Verajao

ArbitraryWater
05-02-2015, 06:03 PM
Durant? :confusedshrug:

hmm.. he definitely fills the "3" area.. Tony Allen for the "D" part.

lilteapot
05-02-2015, 06:05 PM
Ego. I don't think he leaves but he has a reason to if he feels disrespected in his role and wants to be the man. If he does he's an idiot for thinking that would happen with Lebron though.

This article is the usual off season speculation. He could go to Cleveland, he could also go to any other team in the league. Until he says where he wants to go these articles will keep popping up.

I'm positive he knew his role would be diminished playing with Bron and Kyrie. I don't think his ego is a factor here.

Meticode
05-02-2015, 06:08 PM
I hope the Cavs are able to keep Mozgov and Iman Shumpert.

SugarHill
05-02-2015, 06:09 PM
I'm positive he knew his role would be diminished playing with Bron and Kyrie. I don't think his ego is a factor here.
to the point that you're called a roleplayer by lebron in the media? Sometimes looking like you're not even in the game? I can see Love not liking this situation.

lilteapot
05-02-2015, 06:11 PM
to the point that you're called a roleplayer by lebron in the media? Sometimes looking like you're not even in the game? I can see Love not liking this situation.

When did Lebron call him a roleplayer? Stop making shit up.

SugarHill
05-02-2015, 06:12 PM
When did Lebron call him a roleplayer? Stop making shit up.
http://www.nba.com/2015/news/04/28/kevin-love-unlikely-to-suit-up-again-in-2015-playoffs.ap/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpts

Obviously, he brings so much to our team offensively and defensively. It's a big blow for us. We've got to have guys step up. You never want to have one of your major role players out," James said. "Everyone has to pick up not what he was able to do, but they have to pick up what they are capable of doing."

TheMan
05-02-2015, 06:14 PM

Kyrie
JR / Shump
LeBron
Love / LMA / TT
Mozgov / Varejao

Do it, Griff.
LOL

outbreak
05-02-2015, 06:28 PM
You said there is "literally no reason" he would leave. I gave you a reason. Hell there could be other reasons, maybe he hates cleveland? Maybe he has a girl in another state? There's always a reason for someone to leave.

lilteapot
05-02-2015, 06:32 PM
http://www.nba.com/2015/news/04/28/kevin-love-unlikely-to-suit-up-again-in-2015-playoffs.ap/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpts

Lebron is a major roleplayer too. So is Kyrie.

He didn't mean Love is a Mike Miller type roleplayer. He's said many times that Love is a part of the Big 3.

upside24
05-02-2015, 06:36 PM

He transformed from a well rounded scorer who could post as well as almost anyone in the league IMO and a great offensive rebounder to a spot up three guy who never gets chances at offensive boards.

To me his rebounding is his best asset and he was not used properly. He got Boshed. Wouldn't blame him at all for wanting to play on another contender where he gets to play his style of game instead of adhering to another players style.

TheMarkMadsen
05-02-2015, 06:37 PM
Lebron is a major roleplayer too. So is Kyrie.

He didn't mean Love is a Mike Miller type roleplayer. He's said many times that Love is a part of the Big 3.

this is the 2nd time ITT that you've been proven wrong and then tried to dance around the fact

Meticode
05-02-2015, 06:37 PM
He transformed from a well rounded scorer who could post as well as almost anyone in the league IMO and a great offensive rebounder to a spot up three guy who never gets chances at offensive boards.

To me his rebounding is his best asset and he was not used properly. He got Boshed. Wouldn't blame him at all for wanting to play on another contender where he gets to play his style of game instead of adhering to another players style.
It also doesn't help he's been dealing with a chronic back problem all year long and a cranky knee.

lilteapot
05-02-2015, 06:38 PM

He averaged 10 rebounds a game dude.

upside24
05-02-2015, 06:41 PM
He averaged 10 rebounds a game dude.
Didn't he average 15 at one point not too long ago. Dude is not a dinosaur he could have easily got more than 10 if he spent more time around the post and not waiting at the three for LeBron to realize he left his go-go gadget legs in Miami.

Love was not used properly. He did have injury issues like ever other significant player in the league but he could have been used more effectively, exploiting his strengths and not just being an afterthought.

upside24
05-02-2015, 06:43 PM
It also doesn't help he's been dealing with a chronic back problem all year long and a cranky knee.
I agree. Still feel he has more to offer than this current system leads people to believe.

lilteapot
05-02-2015, 06:46 PM
Didn't he average 15 at one point not too long ago. Dude is not a dinosaur he could have easily got more than 10 if he spent more time around the post and not waiting at the three for LeBron to realize he left his go-go gadget legs in Miami.

Love was not used properly. He did have injury issues like ever other significant player in the league but he could have been used more effectively, exploiting his strengths and not just being an afterthought.

Love was also playing with Pekovic in Cleveland who wasn't that great a rebounder and had trouble with missing so many games due to injury, so Love was able to crash the boards more. Now he's playing with Thompson who is an elite rebounder and mozgov who is a ****ing giant so naturally he doesn't need to get 15 rebounds a game.

If he's a stat whore, like he was accused of by so many of you in the past, he'll be inclined to leave. I don't think he is though, so I am of the opinion that he's staying and doesn't care that he "only" averages 17 and 10.

You aren't averaging 30ppg playing with Lebron and Kyrie. I can't believe you guys thought he would. It's not a video game.

upside24
05-02-2015, 06:57 PM
Love was also playing with Pekovic in Cleveland who wasn't that great a rebounder and had trouble with missing so many games due to injury, so Love was able to crash the boards more. Now he's playing with Thompson who is an elite rebounder and mozgov who is a ****ing giant so naturally he doesn't need to get 15 rebounds a game.

If he's a stat whore, like he was accused of by so many of you in the past, he'll be inclined to leave. I don't think he is though, so I am of the opinion that he's staying and doesn't care that he "only" averages 17 and 10.

You aren't averaging 30ppg playing with Lebron and Kyrie. I can't believe you guys thought he would. It's not a video game.
I didn't expect him to put up 30 a game. Nor LeBron or Kyrie for that matter. That would be like the 2010-11 Heat having LeBron average 29, Wade 27, and Bosh 24. They were the man on their respective teams before the teaming up so obviously they put up great numbers in there roles but not as a unit on the same team.

Having a three headed scoring assualt no one should dominate the ball and take all the shots and that is the point, contribution from a trio complimenting each other not stepping on each others feet. Magic, Worthy and Kareem illustrate this perfectly. Bird, Parish and Mchale also.

The ability for three extremely talented players to bring their abilities to the table and mesh their game with each other.

It just seems like Love had to compromise his game for LeBrons.

lilteapot
05-02-2015, 07:12 PM
I didn't expect him to put up 30 a game. Nor LeBron or Kyrie for that matter. That would be like the 2010-11 Heat having LeBron average 29, Wade 27, and Bosh 24. They were the man on their respective teams before the teaming up so obviously they put up great numbers in there roles but not as a unit on the same team.

Having a three headed scoring assualt no one should dominate the ball and take all the shots and that is the point, contribution from a trio complimenting each other not stepping on each others feet. Magic, Worthy and Kareem illustrate this perfectly. Bird, Parish and Mchale also.

The ability for three extremely talented players to bring their abilities to the table and mesh their game with each other.

It just seems like Love had to compromise his game for LeBrons.

That isn't what has been happening in Cleveland though. It's not like they're going away from Love completely, he's been averaging 13 FGA pg.

Love has had to give up stats, but what's more important is how much better they are on both ends of the floor when he's on the court. That tells you all you need to know or be worried about; that it's working. If it was a situation like Rondo in Dallas where they are significantly worse with him on the court then I'd understand the gripes with how Love has been used, but you can't really knock it since what they're doing now has worked.

upside24
05-02-2015, 07:19 PM
That isn't what has been happening in Cleveland though. It's not like they're going away from Love completely, he's been averaging 13 FGA pg.

Love has had to give up stats, but what's more important is how much better they are on both ends of the floor when he's on the court. That tells you all you need to know or be worried about; that it's working. If it was a situation like Rondo in Dallas where they are significantly worse with him on the court then I'd understand the gripes with how Love has been used, but you can't really knock it since what they're doing now has worked.
I completely agree. As long as it is working and his presence is a plus like you said I agree. Results speak for themselves.

I just STILL feel he could be used better and if he stays maybe next year he will be. The 2011-12 Heat were more effective once LeBron and Wade found a better way to coexist instead of taking turns attacking like the first iteration of the Heat.

More familiarity with each others games and lanes can provide dividends next year for the Cavs.

Nanners
05-02-2015, 07:36 PM
the cavs cant afford aldridge

RedBlackAttack
05-02-2015, 07:56 PM
the cavs cant afford aldridge
It'd probably have to be a S&T, but they could make it happen if LMA was intent on coming here.

VengefulAngel
05-02-2015, 08:03 PM

Kyrie
JR / Shump
LeBron
Love / LMA / TT
Mozgov / Varejao

Do it, Griff.

In the world of no salary cap....

Inferno
05-02-2015, 08:10 PM
Aldridge can play Center

Kyrie/Dragic
JR/Shumpert