PDA

View Full Version : Spurs are out in the first round... WOW

PhutureDynasty
05-03-2015, 01:53 AM
Didn't feel like a first round matchup but it was.

Still surprised by the fact that they won't be even in the 2nd round, let alone the WCF.

Crazy sport that we watch.

KG215
05-03-2015, 02:00 AM
The Spurs are probably the 3rd best team in the West and one of the five best teams in the NBA. Unfortunately for them so are the Clippers, and the Clippers had HCA because the Spurs f***ed around, laid a big fat egg, and pissed away HCA on th elast night of the regular season.

And, really, I think the Clippers and Spurs might be 2a and 2b in the West. I really think the Spurs probably would've won this series if they'd had HCA. And I know, the Rockets finished second in the West. If they beat the Clippers next round, I'll readily admit the Rockets are, at least, the second best team in the West.

Micku
05-03-2015, 02:04 AM
Clips and Spurs were basically equals. This wasn't your normal first round matchup. Either team could've beat each other, and the Clips luckily got their way barely.

Imo, they are 2a and 2b of the West. But the Clips are banged up with this series, so we'll see how they can take on the Rockets. Initially I thought whoever won the Clips/Spurs series would go on to the WCF. I still think that, but we'll see.

AussieG
05-03-2015, 02:05 AM
That loss to the Pelicans really cost them. Home court helps.. a lot.

Timmy D for MVP
05-03-2015, 02:06 AM
Crazy right? If you got rid of conferences and they ended up on opposite sides of the bracket it would be a potential Finals match-up. These were two of the 3 best teams in the conference.

I don't put too much stock on: "oh they lost in the first round it's a bigger deal than if they lost in the WCF." It would have been tough to swallow for someone no matter the outcome but when you look across the court and see THAT team, you can't be too disappointed.

I do think the Spurs had the best shot to upset the Warriors. But there's no point in thinking about hypothetical scenarios.

BuffaloBill
05-03-2015, 02:07 AM
There's no way to know for sure. But I think the Spurs would have had an easier time against the Warriors than they did against the Clippers.

SaltyMeatballs
05-03-2015, 02:08 AM
Felt like a finals match. One of the best 7 game series I've seen in a while.

Mr. Jabbar
05-03-2015, 02:09 AM
WELL

they could have easily won the east, even the chip, but they're out in the first round.

and ppl dare to question why we put asterisks on lebron and his joke of a conference

dubeta
05-03-2015, 02:10 AM
Losing in the 1st round = beta

JimmyMcAdocious
05-03-2015, 02:12 AM
They played their starters and the Knicks beat them. That's more unacceptable than on the road against the Pelicans in a win or go home situation for them. They win that game and the get HCA, right?

sportjames23
05-03-2015, 02:16 AM
Losing in the 1st round = beta

5 >>>> 2 doe

konex
05-03-2015, 02:17 AM
There's no way to know for sure. But I think the Spurs would have had an easier time against the Warriors than they did against the Clippers.

Definitely. Blake is a monster

ThePhantomCreep
05-03-2015, 08:59 AM
WELL

they could have easily won the east, even the chip, but they're out in the first round.

and ppl dare to question why we put asterisks on lebron and his joke of a conference

Good point.

Paul George 24
05-03-2015, 09:06 AM
Leoanrd Cost Them Lose In 1st Round

kells333
05-03-2015, 09:30 AM
WELL

There are plenty of threads on lebron. This isnt one of them. Get off his dick

Derka
05-03-2015, 12:59 PM
Good point.
No, its not.

ArbitraryWater
05-03-2015, 01:02 PM
Good point.

um, yea, no.

Paul George 24
05-03-2015, 01:07 PM
um, yea, no.
http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/4-21-2015/OFs2Tc.gif

Done_And_Done
05-03-2015, 06:33 PM
Insane matchup for a first round. Especially when you consider how lopsided some of the other series have been. It really and truly could have gone either direction. Both top tier teams capable of going the distance.

Lakers Legend#32
05-03-2015, 06:49 PM
Can't repeat = No Dynasty

SexSymbol
05-03-2015, 06:57 PM
Yeah, they would only need 4-5 games to be beat and go home to san antonio to relax

PhutureDynasty
05-03-2015, 07:16 PM
This is the same team that is one year removed from dismantling a solid Heat squad with some of the best team basketball I've seen. That same team lost in the first round.

The West is nuts.

TheMarkMadsen
05-03-2015, 07:25 PM
maybe we can finally stop overrating the 2014 Spurs and bran stans will stop acting like that was some atg team

they could have very easily been eliminated in the first round last year in game 7 against the Mavs, if Dirk doesn't play mediocre throughout the series the Spurs probably lose in 6.

The west is just that tough

rmt
05-03-2015, 08:09 PM

I agree. Things would have been in their natural order - with Klay and Iggy, there's no doubt who Leonard would have been guarding. He has no business guarding PGs - especially one as crafty as Paul. Pop really messed up there - Green should have been on Paul for every minute of the game.

rmt
05-03-2015, 08:13 PM
This is the same team that is one year removed from dismantling a solid Heat squad with some of the best team basketball I've seen. That same team lost in the first round.

The West is nuts.

This season Spurs haven't really looked like that team in the Finals - maybe flashes of it for parts of games - but never the dominant team blowing out others. They've had their difficulty getting up for games - losing to the Knicks, to the Pelicans in the last game and uncharacteristically losing games in the last few minutes (for an experienced team).

huskerdu
05-03-2015, 08:13 PM
maybe we can finally stop overrating the 2014 Spurs and bran stans will stop acting like that was some atg team

they could have very easily been eliminated in the first round last year in game 7 against the Mavs, if Dirk doesn't play mediocre throughout the series the Spurs probably lose in 6.

Horrible post, Splitter was at like 40% capacity in this series and was phenomenal last year (he was the biggest reason why both Dirk and LMA struggled). Parker was pretty injured and Ginobili regressed.....yet they still were one shot away from beating a fantastic Clipper team without HCA.

2014 Spurs are one of the best teams of the past 15 years, that will never change.

SyRyanYang
05-03-2015, 08:32 PM
Horrible post, Splitter was at like 40% capacity in this series and was phenomenal last year (he was the biggest reason why both Dirk and LMA struggled). Parker was pretty injured and Ginobili regressed.....yet they still were one shot away from beating a fantastic Clipper team without HCA.

2014 Spurs are one of the best teams of the past 15 years, that will never change.

So they just magically deteriorated in the span of 6~10 months even though their best player improved and won DPOY?

Smoke117
05-03-2015, 08:36 PM
The saltiness from Kobe stans in here is pathetic. They always...ALWAYS have to bring up Lebron...even when he has nothing to do with a thread. :facepalm

red1
05-03-2015, 08:40 PM

not even. did you even catch the finals? spurs were playing out of their minds