PDA

View Full Version : Spurs fans and other folks

gts
05-03-2015, 06:50 PM
What will the Spurs roster look like next season?

What do you want it to look like next season?

qrich
05-03-2015, 06:51 PM
Mills - Green - Kawhi - Aldridge - Duncan
Parker - Belli - Alan Anderson - Splitter

gts
05-03-2015, 06:59 PM
Mills - Green - Kawhi - Aldridge - Duncan
Parker - Belli - Alan Anderson - SplitterYou think Duncan is going to re up for a couple more years?

EDIT: Free Agents this year

Duncan
Manu
Danny Green
Belinelli

and others

T_L_P
05-03-2015, 07:39 PM
I'm assuming Manu retires in most of the scenarios.

1)

Adds: LMA, Duncan

Losses: Green, Manu

We can't sign LMA for $15+ million and expect to keep Green, who will likely command near 8 figures. The only way we can is if Duncan either signs for the vet minimum (not gonna happen), or if we trade for LMA (which will probably involve Splitter since Portland has expressed interest in him before).

Parker(uhh)-?-Kawhi-Aldridge-Duncan; or
Parker(uhh)-Green-Kawhi-LMA-Splitter

2)

Adds: Monroe, Green

Losses: Duncan, Manu

Sign Monroe to a Splitter-like deal, re-sign Green. Perhaps we could do something with Splitter to find a playmaking SG and a backup C?

3)

Bring everyone back, make another run. Manu and Tim can take slightly less than they do now, and we can pay Green.

4)

Not entirely sure about this one, but we could lose Manu, get rid of CoJo, re-sign everyone else and find a solid Guard.

Haymaker
05-03-2015, 07:56 PM
Give the hint to Manu. He's done.
TD might stay if Aldridge signs.
Let Green go, try to lure in Dragic.

rmt
05-03-2015, 08:06 PM
Parker's contract is really gonna mess up the Spurs. Need to do everything to bring back Leonard and Green. If TD and Manu take less, try to find an athletic big or stretch 4. Belli hopefully will sign for what Mills makes.

West is gonna be even tougher with OKC back healthy. Hopefully that college coach doesn't get the hang of the NBA quickly.

Pop is right about the seeding. POR shouldn't be rewarded for being in a crappy division while the SW division is punished for being in such a tough division. Hopefully they'll fix it like after Spurs/Mavs played in the 2nd round. Why do the Spurs get the short end of the stick - even with having to fight through the brutal West for so many years (Shaq/Kobe, Mavs, PHX).

gts
05-03-2015, 11:42 PM
I think Duncan Re-Signs a 2 year deal...

Manu, I can see him hanging it up but I don't know too much about him off the court or what else he has going on his life past basketball... He looked like a guy who's at the end of his career.

bobopenguin
05-03-2015, 11:48 PM
Give the hint to Manu. He's done.
TD might stay if Aldridge signs.
Let Green go, try to lure in Dragic.

let green go?? He's such a good role player!! lot of teams would like to have him!

ak47buffalo
05-03-2015, 11:55 PM
I don't think too much changes because I think both Duncan and Manu will re-sign. That doesn't leave them enough room for a LMA or a major free agent. I expect only minor changes, perhaps bringing over a European prospect (doubtful because jpl and Bertans have been injured/gash) or add a solid prospect this draft as well as Anderson playing a role.

I don't think the Spurs need anything other then health. If Parker, Leonard and Splitter have injury free years we will do just fine and contend for another chip. Any changes will be minor.

Chizdog
05-04-2015, 12:03 AM
Green is coming back to Cleveland.

gts
05-04-2015, 12:16 AM
let green go?? He's such a good role player!! lot of teams would like to have him!He's not going anywhere.

jimmybball
05-04-2015, 12:52 AM
Duncan and Manu should retire unless they land a key free agent, such as Aldridge or Marc.