PDA

View Full Version : So who you got? Manu/Duncan/Parker RETIREMENT

poido123
05-03-2015, 07:06 PM
All legends of the game and a legendary run of consistent dominance.

I pick perhaps Duncan and Manu.

Who knows, they might go around another 5 years and keep winning :oldlol:

navy
05-03-2015, 07:09 PM
They all stay.

Parker is still under contract anyways.

kennethgriffin
depends on the offseason. i think duncan/ginobili both retire if the spurs dont add any key pieces.. especially if kawhi leaves

if they keep leonard and land aldridge or someone else i think everyone comes back for 1 more year

Legends66NBA7
If I would have to pick 1 of the 3, probably Manu. Parker looked the worst of the 3 this season.

Duncan seems like he can play another 2 years.

Spurs5Rings2014

5peat incoming.

:cheers:

LAZERUSS
05-03-2015, 10:18 PM
With Pop coaching, those three can play another 1-2 years.

And Parker was playing with an assortment of injuries in the Clippers series. If he can regain his health, he can still be a good piece.

Leonard and Mills are ready to take the next step, as well.

And IMHO, Diaw has been brilliant as a Spur. Probably their most under-rated player.

lilteapot
05-03-2015, 10:20 PM
Duncan can still go for a few more years. He was great all season.

Tony looked really banged up but he can still play another year or two.

Of all of them I think Manu is the one that needs to retire.

Smoke117
05-03-2015, 10:21 PM
It's definitely time for Ginobili to retire. The guys game was always based around his slashing ability and without the quickness and speed...all you are left with is a guy prone to wildness who's shot is streaky as hell. There is no shame in him retiring...look at all the sg's around his age who were big when he was: Allen, Kobe, Carter, Tmac, Iverson etc...they are either out of the league or washed up. He just needs to accept that father time has won this one.

Done_And_Done
05-03-2015, 10:22 PM
Parker isn't even 33 yet. People often forget how young he is based on how long he's been a factor in the league. With that said, he's obviously not hanging them up yet...

LAZERUSS
05-03-2015, 10:23 PM
It's definitely time for Ginobili to retire. The guys game was always based around his slashing ability and without the quickness and speed...all you are left with is a guy prone to wildness who's shot is streaky as hell. There is no shame in him retiring...look at all the sg's around his age who were big when he was: Allen, Kobe, Carter, Tmac, Iverson etc...they are either out of the league or washed up. He just needs to accept that father time has won this one.

Manu will wind up in the HOF, but I have wondered what kind of a career he would have had with another team. Instead of being a career backup and 6th man, I believe he could have been a major star at his peak.

LAZERUSS
05-03-2015, 10:25 PM
How quickly they forget...

just last season the Spurs steamrolled to a title.

And even this year, with Pop more concerned about the post-season than the regular season, they still went 55-27, and lost a close seven game series to a very good Clippers team.

No reason to panic.

Prime_Shaq
05-03-2015, 10:27 PM
Parker was just terrible this season. Duncan though, I'm not sure we'll ever see him retire :lol

Lensanity
05-03-2015, 10:43 PM
There is a 0% chance of Parker retiring this year.

Would kinda be a shame if Duncan did. He is still ridiculously good. Would still be a good starter for 2-3 years no doubt.

305Baller
05-03-2015, 10:47 PM
neither should retire but they should add to the depth. Still add Aldridge if possible?

J Shuttlesworth
05-03-2015, 10:47 PM
Duncan is still pretty damn good. The only reason he would retire is just the grind you have to go through with trainers every day when you're playing a full season at that age.

Manu... he looks pretty washed up tbh. Parker too, but he's young enough to where he could still be decent off the bench.

ekosky
05-03-2015, 11:22 PM
they're not retiring?

once they get one of either Gasol or Aldridge they'll once again be at the top of the west

i give them like 3 more years together

imdaman99
05-03-2015, 11:39 PM
Duncan looked the best and he still looks damn good. Parker looked the worst, it probably has something to do with injuries as he is like 50 years younger than the other 2.

ak47buffalo
05-03-2015, 11:40 PM
Of the three only Manu could retire I feel like.

Parker is still under contract and is not that old. He was destroyed with injuries this year and his play suffered. I definitely believe he has also lost a step of sorts, but with no euro-ball this off-season, I think he will recuperate and have a much stronger season then this past one.

Manu is clearly on his last legs but can still hit some clutch shots at times, and is an important veteran presence. I'm certain the Spurs want him back but it's up to Manu I'd he's amenable to being a veteran, a coach, and only a part-time player. Judging from the past, I think he will and he will return for two more years with Duncan as a truly bit part player.

Duncan has a picture of Dorian Gray in his basement and thusly he doesn't age. He wil play forever.

jimmybball
05-04-2015, 01:00 AM
All legends of the game and a legendary run of consistent dominance.

I pick perhaps Duncan and Manu.

Parker looked the worst, but I think he is the only who stays.

CarlosBoozer
05-04-2015, 01:09 AM
Duncan could go for another 2-3 years but he may retire to preserve his body and spend more time enjoying his personal life, manu should retire and parker is still young.

Young X
05-04-2015, 01:12 AM
I see no reason why Duncan who's still playing at all star level on a top 5 team in the league should retire. He just averaged 18/11 on the most athletic frontcourt in the league.

ThePhantomCreep
05-04-2015, 01:20 AM
Manu will wind up in the HOF, but I have wondered what kind of a career he would have had with another team. Instead of being a career backup and 6th man, I believe he could have been a major star at his peak.

He wasn't the picture of health even with the limited minutes and reduced responsibilities he had on the Spurs. He would have been Tmac, minus the insane peak.

dubeta
05-04-2015, 01:24 AM
LOL, watch Duncan try and collude to the Cavs for the minimum

LA_Showtime
05-04-2015, 01:26 AM
Ugh i don't know why but i think duncan and manu are done. Manu's retirement is understandable but duncan has another year or two left.