PDA

View Full Version : BREAKING: Steph Curry named MVP

Pages : 1 [2]

TheMarkMadsen
05-05-2015, 11:53 PM
Go back and read my post first post you ****ing idiot. I never once said BEST OF ALL TIME. I said ONE of the best. Not THE best. Don't twist my words, Lakers fan.

what does that mean? top 10? top 50? top 100?

SaltyMeatballs
05-05-2015, 11:56 PM
they aren't even close to being one of the greatest.
20 years into the future you're going to look back and say I was right. This Warriors cast is stacked from top to bottom. A guy who shoots with the best of them, 3 elite defenders in Green, Bogut, and Iggy & some really solid scorers in Barnes, Lee, Speights, and Barbosa.

TheMarkMadsen
05-05-2015, 11:56 PM
I wasn't entertaining anything. I haven't brought up how GS is one of the most stacked teams of all-time. They are a great team and are the best team right now, look at their overall record.

I would take these Warriors over the prime Nash era Suns (05 Suns were the best version) because they play better defense. Same thing with the Kings.

they play better defense than the 05 suns based off their defensive philosophy, there's nobody on this Warriors team that is definitively better on defense than Shawn Marion. They do provide better rim protection tho, but the Warriors defense isn't some ATG defense, while the Suns offense was an ATG offense..

and there's nobody even close who provides Marion's defense plus his offensive production.

Bogut is better defensively than Amare, but not enough to make up the 19ppg scoring difference between the 2.

02 Kings I don't know.. **** them i'm not talking them up

TheMarkMadsen
05-05-2015, 11:59 PM
04 Pistons were stacked overall but when they got Rasheed were a great starting unit. That would actually be pretty cool series.

Take away Chauncey and you still have Wallace (DPOY + rebounding champ) Hamilton, Wallace and Prince

that already is better defensively and offensively than Draymond, Bogut and Klay

SaltyMeatballs
05-06-2015, 12:00 AM
what does that mean? top 10? top 50? top 100?
They won 67 games. Minus Steph Curry and they'd definitely still win AT LEAST 50. I'd say more around the top 20 area. Only reason you're denying this is because its present day. If I said Ray Allen was going to become the GOAT shooter in the early 2000s, you'd probably say im stupid. But NOW after more than a decade its not much of joke to say that. Same with the Warriors and them having one of the best casts in recent history. If they win it all this year, no one's gonna be like Stephen Curry did it all. They're gonna look at his cast too and say "damn... that cast was REALLY ****ing good". The guys around him are all fantastic players. He has a legit star in Klay next to him, and some really special role players who provide huge impact.

Droid101
05-06-2015, 12:09 AM
you might as well just post "i'm 15" and be done with it

It's been the ISH motto forever now.
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-4O2KsGkx0GM/UzBONQRzJhI/AAAAAAAAnwQ/VyAXq4UjyoA/w377-h283-no/blank.jpg

TheMarkMadsen
05-06-2015, 12:10 AM
They won 67 games. Minus Steph Curry and they'd definitely still win AT LEAST 50.

so Curry is the difference between them being an average playoff team out west and the best team in the entire league.. i agree

I'd say more around the top 20 area.

then what's the point of even claiming they are "one of the best" do you realize how massive the gap between supporting cast like the 86 Celtics and 87 Lakers (2 of the GOAT supporting cast) and a team like this years Warriors?

Only reason you're denying this is because its present day. If I said Ray Allen was going to become the GOAT shooter in the early 2000s, you'd probably say im stupid.

no actually that's the reason you're making this ridiculous claim, you're so caught up with the fact that they won 67 games and have rolled through the playoffs (largely due to Curry putting up 31/5/7)

07 Mavs won 67 games, I guess they were one of the GOAT supporting cast huh too huh :facepalm :facepalm ?

and the Warriors did what they did this season with Bogut missing 15 games, Lee missing 30 game and Green who eventually became the Warror's 3rd scoring option only averaging 12 ppg..

and wtf are you talking about with Ray Allen, it was obvious to anybody with eyes that he was going to be one of the GOAT shooters as soon as you saw him take a jumper

If they win it all this year, no one's gonna be like Stephen Curry did it all.

Nobody is saying he did it all, but he is the main reason this team is where they are... and like you even admitted in the beginning of your post Curry is the difference between them being a 67 win team and a 50 win team, which is the difference between a regular WC playoff team and an ELITE TEAM..

TheMarkMadsen
05-06-2015, 12:15 AM
and again, this Warriors team isn't built for the playoffs, literally no team in the history of the NBA has been built like this and then gone on to win a championship

Droid101
05-06-2015, 12:18 AM
and again, this Warriors team isn't built for the playoffs, literally no team in the history of the NBA has been built like this and then gone on to win a championship
The best defensive and best offensive team in the league has never won a championship?

Actually curious.

TheMarkMadsen
05-06-2015, 12:26 AM
The best defensive and best offensive team in the league has never won a championship?

Actually curious.

they have nobody to give the ball to consistently down low, they have no half court post threat at all unless Lee begins to get minutes again.

the only team that has ever won championships playing with that type of team were the Bulls, and they had Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen who were more than good enough in the half court game to make up for it..

you can't rely on jump shots and 3pters to win championships.

and there aren't many teams in NBA history that were built around guards who went on to win the championship.. Jordan, Kobe, Wade..

and Kobe and Wade both had guys who could get you buckets in the post when the game got ugly, or they could do it themselves. And they are 2 of the ATG guards.

I'll be shocked if the GSW win the title playing the way they do. We've watched KD & WB try to win championships with no post threat on their team for years now, that shit just doesn't normally work

Droid101
05-06-2015, 12:29 AM
Nice dodge.

Has the team with the best offense AND defense ever NOT won the championship, is a better question I guess?

TheMarkMadsen
05-06-2015, 12:36 AM
Nice dodge.

Has the team with the best offense AND defense ever NOT won the championship, is a better question I guess?

did you even read what I said?

Look at how their team is built.. who is their go to guy in the post?

how many teams have won championships without a true go to guy in the post?

you can tally off regular season stats all you want, but if you look at the history of the league, there aren't many teams who were built around guards, and didn't have a go to go in the post, who went on to win the champioships.. there aren't many teams built around guards who went on to win the championship..period

there are hardly any teams that are built around guards that go on to win championships

and those that did featured Jordan, Kobe, Wade.

I'd love to see them win it all, because that would mean Curry WENT OFF and that would be fun to watch, but teams built around guards don't normally take home the gold, especially teams built around guards that have no grind it out post player to go to when the game slows down and the jumpers aren't falling

Droid101
05-06-2015, 12:38 AM
there are hardly any teams that are built around guards that go on to win championships

That's true.

Still doesn't really answer my question, but I guess that's the best I'll get.

24-Inch_Chrome
05-06-2015, 12:40 AM
Golden State was third in the league in points in the paint/game. They're more than just a jump shooting team, though I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't win it all this year. You're right that a go-to guy in the post is a huge factor in relation to championships.

TheMarkMadsen
05-06-2015, 12:44 AM
That's true.

Still doesn't really answer my question, but I guess that's the best I'll get.

what do you want me to do go through the entire history of the nba on bball reference looking at drgt and orgt?

Kobe and Jordan

those are the only 2 guards who you could build around and consistently be in title contention. Wade too, but he was never healthy enough to see if he could sustain it. But all 3 of those guys had post games themselves. Curry is too small for that

Curry has to be on the level if he plans on winning with the team built around him

and it's not a coincidence that LEjoinme only begun to win championship when finally began working the post on a consistent basis.

I'm just saying if the Warriors win the title Curry is going to have to put up some Kobe numbers/2nd 3peat Jordan numbers for them to win.

Fawker
05-06-2015, 12:45 AM
look at this game. he has no vocal leadership. just leading by talent. team mates not made better

TheMarkMadsen
05-06-2015, 12:46 AM
Golden State was third in the league in points in the paint/game. They're more than just a jump shooting team, though I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't win it all this year. You're right that a go-to guy in the post is a huge factor in relation to championships.

I know and maybe that's where they'll make up for not having much of a post game, but I doubt that

TheMarkMadsen
05-06-2015, 01:18 AM
tonight's game was a good example of what i've been saying

curry & klay were off and the team looked lost offensively in the 4th

J Shuttlesworth
05-06-2015, 01:29 AM
tonight's game was a good example of what i've been saying

curry & klay were off and the team looked lost offensively in the 4th
Barkley has been saying it all season long... Jump shooting teams are vulnerable

People will say "but Golden State gets a ton of points in the paint" but most of that is off transition from regular season ball... A team like Memphis slows down tempo in the playoffs and won't allow those transition opportunities to happen. I can't believe people were predicting Warriors in 4-5 this series... absolute disgrace. Curry and Thompson can't really post up, and neither do Bogut/Green.

We see it with Harden too... His shooting % suffers in the playoffs because he has absolutely no post up game. Same reason LeBron was able to win 2 rings once he worked on his post game and stopped settling for jumpers.

Thunderfan86
05-06-2015, 01:41 AM
Barkley has been saying it all season long... Jump shooting teams are vulnerable

People will say "but Golden State gets a ton of points in the paint" but most of that is off transition from regular season ball... A team like Memphis slows down tempo in the playoffs and won't allow those transition opportunities to happen. I can't believe people were predicting Warriors in 4-5 this series... absolute disgrace. Curry and Thompson can't really post up, and neither do Bogut/Green.

We see it with Harden too... His shooting % suffers in the playoffs because he has absolutely no post up game. Same reason LeBron was able to win 2 rings once he worked on his post game and stopped settling for jumpers.
I was really enjoying this post until you brought up that nikka Lebron.

J Shuttlesworth
05-06-2015, 02:00 AM
I was really enjoying this post until you brought up that nikka Lebron.
Why? It's a clear as day example of it.

Thunderfan86
05-06-2015, 02:04 AM
Why? It's a clear as day example of it.
He got one of those rings against us :(

J Shuttlesworth
05-06-2015, 02:11 AM
He got one of those rings against us :(
Oh yeah word. I get it :lol

Chadwin
05-08-2015, 09:09 AM

That's only because they got like 20 points a game from fast breaks.

SamuraiSWISH
05-09-2015, 01:53 AM
In context, slightly less impressive than 2011 D-Rose. But congrats.

Yoshi
05-09-2015, 01:54 AM
Thank god Harden didn't win it.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
05-09-2015, 01:58 AM
I really want CP to Hakeem Admiral Curry, but Tonys gon feast on the Splash babies:( :(

warriorfan
05-09-2015, 02:52 AM
I really want CP to Hakeem Admiral Curry, but Tonys gon feast on the Splash babies:( :(

can some1 get this ngga some preparation H? his butt be hurting

ApexPredator
05-09-2015, 02:53 AM
Curry is a BAMF.

Lebron23
05-09-2015, 05:34 AM
Curry is a BAMF.

Nice username

Legends66NBA7
05-09-2015, 09:26 AM
Nice username

I agree. I'm surprised that nobody came up with that username before.

Better not be your alt. :coleman:

SamuraiSWISH
05-09-2015, 04:17 PM
Nice username
Reference to what exactly?

Lebron23
05-09-2015, 05:44 PM
Reference to what exactly?

http://www.wrestlingmerchandise.co.uk/ekmps/shops/davidmills/images/wwe-randy-orton-apex-predator-t-shirt-%5B3%5D-2874-p.jpg

http://www.wrestlingclub.co.uk/media/catalog/product/cache/1/thumbnail/r/a/randy-orton-apex-predator-top-rope-t-shirt.jpg

24-Inch_Chrome
05-09-2015, 06:01 PM
Wrasslin.

TheMarkMadsen
05-09-2015, 10:58 PM

anybody still honestly believe that this warriors team has an all time great cast around Curry??

if his shot isn't falling they have nothing, this team isn't built for the post season, Curry is going to have to average 30 on 48% the rest of the way for them to even have a chance at making the finals

ProfessorMurder
05-09-2015, 11:27 PM
http://i.imgur.com/aOXvQcr.gif

DMAVS41
05-10-2015, 01:02 AM

anybody still honestly believe that this warriors team has an all time great cast around Curry??

if his shot isn't falling they have nothing, this team isn't built for the post season, Curry is going to have to average 30 on 48% the rest of the way for them to even have a chance at making the finals

Yep. I tried telling people this year that Curry's impact was being diminished by the blowouts and just standard regular season ball.

They do have a very good defensive supporting cast around Curry though...although Curry definitely is part of a great defense, but this team heavily relies on Curry.

Playoff basketball is so fun...find out how good players/teams are for real.

I still think the Warriors are going to win it all for the record.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
05-10-2015, 01:41 AM
Yep. I tried telling people this year that Curry's impact was being diminished by the blowouts and just standard regular season ball.

They do have a very good defensive supporting cast around Curry though...although Curry definitely is part of a great defense, but this team heavily relies on Curry.

The warriors have a GREAT defense round him. Replace Stephen with an avg PG and they'd still have best D in nba

TheMarkMadsen
05-10-2015, 02:23 AM

Curry would have to play to the level of prime Kobe/MJ/06 Wade for that to even be possible

Lebron23
05-10-2015, 09:51 AM

:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

ArbitraryWater
05-10-2015, 10:01 AM
Curry would have to play to the level of prime Kobe/MJ/06 Wade for that to even be possible

huh

IGOTGAME
05-10-2015, 10:52 AM

Your blaming the team for the fact that Curry can't run an offense? Team relies on point guard to do basic point guard ish, news at 11

24-Inch_Chrome
05-10-2015, 11:18 AM
huh

I think he seriously believes that prime Kobe and Wade were on the same level as MJ. :facepalm:

TheMarkMadsen
05-10-2015, 11:35 AM
huh

Curry is going to have to play at a level of those 3 guards, the only 3 guards who have had teams built around them and gone on to win the title if GSW is going to make the finals

this warriors team has no half court post game, teams like this never do well in the playoffs.. Curry will have to be special in order to get them over the hump with the way the team is constructed

TheMarkMadsen
05-10-2015, 11:36 AM
I think he seriously believes that prime Kobe and Wade were on the same level as MJ. :facepalm:

you are a special kind of stupid

24-Inch_Chrome
05-10-2015, 11:40 AM
you are a special kind of stupid

You think prime Kobe is comparable to MJ and I'm the stupid one. :roll:

Maybe if we're comparing to old MJ, Bulls Jordan is on another tier.

TheMarkMadsen
05-10-2015, 11:44 AM
You think prime Kobe is comparable to MJ and I'm the stupid one. :roll:

Maybe if we're comparing to old MJ, Bulls Jordan is on another tier.

your insecurity is seriously clouding your ability to read

Fudge
05-10-2015, 11:49 AM
:roll:

24-Inch_Chrome
05-10-2015, 11:49 AM
your insecurity is seriously clouding your ability to read

:whatever:

Insecurity? The only player I stan is Steve Nash, you'd have to be insane to seriously think that Kobe (or LeBron for that matter) is anywhere near Jordan.

ArbitraryWater
05-10-2015, 11:54 AM

Insecurity? The only player I stan is Steve Nash, you'd have to be insane to seriously think that Kobe (or LeBron for that matter) is anywhere near Jordan.

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130915182228/adventuretimewithfinnandjake/images/3/3d/Awkward.gif

ArbitraryWater
05-10-2015, 11:54 AM

http://i56.tinypic.com/1z6a155.jpg

ArbitraryWater
05-10-2015, 11:55 AM

http://cdn3.whatculture.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Awkward.gif

ArbitraryWater
05-10-2015, 11:56 AM

http://rack.2.mshcdn.com/media/ZgkyMDEzLzA4LzEzL2EzL3N1cGVybmF0dXJhLmIzODZjLmdpZg pwCXRodW1iCTg1MHg4NTA-CmUJanBn/912d9dd9/2fc/supernatural-awkward.jpg

24-Inch_Chrome
05-10-2015, 12:01 PM
Nice use of gifs. :oldlol:

LeBron still has time to move up the ranks but he's got his work cut out for him if he wants to enter a tier with Jordan. Personally I don't think it's possible but only time will tell. I do have LeBron ranked over Kobe all-time though.

TheMarkMadsen
05-10-2015, 12:04 PM

when did i say that? you're jumping all over me for something I never said?

those players that i listed are the only scoring guards to have teams built around them and have gone on to win titles, if Curry is going to win the title, he's going to have to play at their level.. pretty fair assessment :confusedshrug:

only somebody who is extremely sensitive and insecure would read that and take it the way you did. why do you want to turn a Steph Curry thread into a MJ/Kobe thread.. nobody was comparing Jordan and Kobe until you arrived..

it's obvious that you're insecure by the way you keep using the hyperbole that Kobe wasn't "anywhere close" to Jordan... 2nd 3peat Jordan and 2peat Kobe are very comparable

Kobe in the playoffs from 08-10

30/6/6/2/1 on 57% TS

Jordan in the playoffs from 96-98

31/6/4/2/1 on 54% TS

somehow you read this

the only team that has ever won championships playing with that type of team were the Bulls, and they had Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen who were more than good enough in the half court game to make up for it..

you can't rely on jump shots and 3pters to win championships.

and there aren't many teams in NBA history that were built around guards who went on to win the championship.. Jordan, Kobe, Wade..

and Kobe and Wade both had guys who could get you buckets in the post when the game got ugly, or they could do it themselves. And they are 2 of the ATG guards.

and got

now cue up the gifs little boy, because i know you'll have nothing substantial to respond with

ArbitraryWater
05-10-2015, 12:07 PM
now cue up the gifs little boy, because i know you'll have nothing substantial to respond with

wow, "little boy" has really run its course on ISH :oldlol:

24-Inch_Chrome
05-10-2015, 12:33 PM
3ball, where you at.

I need me some spacing/handchecking gifs. Second 3peat Jordan > Kobe. Maybe old man Jordan = Kobe? :confusedshrug: