PDA

View Full Version : NBA coaching job criteria.

veilside23
05-03-2015, 10:42 PM
With the hiring of Billy donovan as the thunders head coach raised some eye brows even to us casual fans.

Simple question do you think it really makes a huge difference if you were a player in the nba and got really good experience as an assistant coach in the nba.

Or a glorified college coach like brad stevens.

Am pretty sure some would argue it could have been someone else... or it should have been patrick ewing, mark jackson or somebody else.

I think being a coach plays a huge factor specially if it shows that you have a winning record. I know NBA is different from college and am not trying to justify the hiring of Donovan. I just want to ask you guys what you think is necessary because even the most successful guys who had been a coach in the NBA for a long time would suck eventually.

Akrazotile
05-03-2015, 11:11 PM
GOAT post, man. Im proud of u. :cheers:

veilside23
05-13-2015, 12:52 PM
bump wonder why no one else gives an idea about this or their thoughts since its a hot topic lately.

Akrazotile
05-13-2015, 02:16 PM
GOAT post, man. Im proud of u. :cheers:

IncarceratedBob
05-13-2015, 02:23 PM
it's not a very fair system.

a. you can't be black(ewing,hakeem,kareem)
b. if you're black you must only a placeholder to get fired (scott, shaw)
c. if you're white you dont have to have experience (blatt)

Akrazotile
05-13-2015, 02:26 PM

Maybe you just have to be good and not every black guy that played in the NBA once upon a time is qualified to coach.

kamil
05-13-2015, 02:30 PM

Using Blatt as an example as inexperienced is unfair. Steve Kerr had ZERO experience.