PDA

View Full Version : LeStans laughed when I suggested last year that Bran might never win another MVP

TheMan
05-04-2015, 02:41 AM
Last year before KD won his MVP, I said that LeBron didn't have too many MVP seasons left and that I could see him possibly get one more max and end up with 5 in his career but I could also see him not ever winning another one for the rest of his career. Meanwhile Roundball Rock was talking about 6 or 7 :oldlol: :facepalm

With the new generation of stars like Curry, Harden, ADavis, Westbrook, Durant (if healthy) and others taking control of the league from older players and LeBron in the wrong side of 30, it will take a tremendous season to top these youngs guys going forward. Also, he may or may never win another title, I could see a title or two more but nowhere near the ridiculous amount some of his stans were predicting. Remember when Kobe got his fifth title by age 30, everyone thought he'd easily tie/surpass Jordan but that seems very unlikely now.

Do you guys see anymore MVPs for LeBron? And no, this isn't a LeBron hate thread, 4 MVPs is a hell of an accomplishment. I guess I made this thread to remind people to stop being prisoners of the moment. OMG, Steph Curry won! I could see him win a bunch more!

Mr. Jabbar
05-04-2015, 02:42 AM
lestans do laugh a lot for a guy that is 2/5 and should be 1/5

dubeta
05-04-2015, 02:45 AM
Nothing makes us laugh more than 1-9 :roll:

funnystuff
05-04-2015, 02:47 AM
Jordan wasn't winning sh*t without Pippen and PJax, don't kid yourself.

LA_Showtime
05-04-2015, 02:48 AM
LeBron will win at least one more, and i say this in the NICEST WAY POSSIBLE that he'll do anything to make sure he wins another, including leave Cleveland again.

TheMan
05-04-2015, 02:59 AM
Nothing makes us laugh more than 1-9 :roll:
dubeta the 1-9 guy. Too bad that hasn't caught on and it must kill you :lol

I could tell you're salty af since I didn't dis LeBron in any way, shape or form in my OP, all I said is he might never win another MVP and or title, which is entirely within the realm of possibilities and your jimmies got rustled real fast:oldlol:

Stay mad 1-9 dude :lol

Cocaine80s
05-04-2015, 03:22 AM
"Wrong side of 30"

Wtf is the supposed to mean? He just turned 30 like 5 months ago :oldlol:

Quickening
05-04-2015, 03:27 AM
What have you even done in life OP?

Megabox!
05-04-2015, 09:51 AM
LeBron will win at least one more, and i say this in the NICEST WAY POSSIBLE that he'll do anything to make sure he wins another, including leave Cleveland again.
How the hell is leaving Cleveland going to make him win the MVP award? He didn't win this year because he missed a bunch of games and it was the first year with a new team, there was chemistry issues.

NumberSix
05-04-2015, 09:56 AM
He'll probably win it next season.

sdot_thadon
05-04-2015, 10:02 AM
He could very well win next season, he's in the pole position for it each year. He'll likely be a threat for it for a few more seasons.

TheMilkyBarKid
05-04-2015, 10:03 AM
No more mvps is certainly a possibility, however he still is the best in the game today.

Obvious but true.

VengefulAngel
05-04-2015, 10:18 AM
To be fair if Lebron wants to win it he will win it, plus the media almost aways want to give it to him every year.

Prometheus
05-04-2015, 10:42 AM

yep

Hey Yo
05-04-2015, 10:56 AM
Clear case of voter fatigue.

mehyaM24
05-04-2015, 10:59 AM
so because lebron didn't win it this year, that automatically means he is no longer winning it?

in his 30s, jordan won 2 more mvp's playing at a worse level from the all-around standpoint.

r15mohd
05-04-2015, 11:15 AM
but i thought MVPs arent of much value :confusedshrug: now the rhetoric and laughable matter that Lebron wont win ANOTHER :rolleyes:

the hypocrisy on this board is always amazing :facepalm

KG215
05-04-2015, 11:17 AM
If healthy, it'll very likely be a two man race between LeBron and Durant, again, and likely come down to whose team has the better record.

Lensanity
05-04-2015, 11:18 AM
2/7

kamil
05-04-2015, 11:19 AM
Clear case of voter fatigue.

Wrong.

Curry > LeBron*

sd3035
05-04-2015, 11:24 AM
Bran has no shot now that Curry, Durant, Harden, and Davis are all clearly better and on winning teams

TheMan
05-04-2015, 11:24 AM
That's certainly possible, it's also possible a younger star who's never won it before has a more deserving MVP campaign like Curry this year and Durant last year. Then you have guys like Harden, Westbrook, ADavis etc wanting to add an MVP to their resum

r15mohd
05-04-2015, 11:28 AM
[QUOTE=TheMan]That's certainly possible, it's also possible a younger star who's never won it before has a more deserving MVP campaign like Curry this year and Durant last year. Then you have guys like Harden, Westbrook, ADavis etc wanting to add an MVP to their resum

TheMan
05-04-2015, 11:39 AM
biased response. so is it the actual MVP of the league in terms of stats/impact/wins/etc. or trying to source a new face for the title seeing Lebron has won it "enough"? :rolleyes:
They did that to Jordan :confusedshrug: You gon' tell me Jordan wasn't better than Barkley and Malone, both of whom he beat the same year they won MVP? Why should we make an exception for Bran? That's the way MVP voters vote. I mostly agree with them but at times they get it wrong (Nash with 2 while Shaq with 1 is a travesty), but Curry and Durant were more deserving. Don't agree? Make your case.

ShawkFactory
05-04-2015, 11:39 AM
Bran has no shot now that Curry, Durant, Harden, and Davis are all clearly better and on winning teams
:rolleyes:

r15mohd
05-04-2015, 12:11 PM
They did that to Jordan :confusedshrug: You gon' tell me Jordan wasn't better than Barkley and Malone, both of whom he beat the same year they won MVP? Why should we make an exception for Bran? That's the way MVP voters vote. I mostly agree with them but at times they get it wrong (Nash with 2 while Shaq with 1 is a travesty), but Curry and Durant were more deserving. Don't agree? Make your case.

i know they did, I didnt say MJ wasn't disowned in that sense...it's just the wrong mindset to me. if Lebron, or whoever, is the one leading the league and beatsing...there shouldn't be an "fatigue" to picking him again. same goes for MJ...he deserved more MVPs that what he ended with, as did Shaq.

Chadwin
05-04-2015, 12:23 PM
so because lebron didn't win it this year, that automatically means he is no longer winning it?

in his 30s, jordan won 2 more mvp's playing at a worse level from the all-around standpoint.

Jordan also had excellent footwork and a post game to help as his athleticism declined.

emaugust
05-04-2015, 01:32 PM
"Wrong side of 30"

Wtf is the supposed to mean? He just turned 30 like 5 months ago :oldlol:

It means he is old. Hope that helps.

sportjames23
05-04-2015, 02:45 PM

Slow ether. :oldlol:

Leftimage
05-04-2015, 07:49 PM
Last year before KD won his MVP, I said that LeBron didn't have too many MVP seasons left and that I could see him possibly get one more max and end up with 5 in his career but I could also see him not ever winning another one for the rest of his career. Meanwhile Roundball Rock was talking about 6 or 7 :oldlol: :facepalm

With the new generation of stars like Curry, Harden, ADavis, Westbrook, Durant (if healthy) and others taking control of the league from older players and LeBron in the wrong side of 30, it will take a tremendous season to top these youngs guys going forward. Also, he may or may never win another title, I could see a title or two more but nowhere near the ridiculous amount some of his stans were predicting. Remember when Kobe got his fifth title by age 30, everyone thought he'd easily tie/surpass Jordan but that seems very unlikely now.

Do you guys see anymore MVPs for LeBron? And no, this isn't a LeBron hate thread, 4 MVPs is a hell of an accomplishment. I guess I made this thread to remind people to stop being prisoners of the moment. OMG, Steph Curry won! I could see him win a bunch more!

Take away the rocky team start (pre-trade) and 10 game absence (all L's), Cavs possibly hit 60 and lebron wins MVP.

If the cavs have the league's best record next season, I'd give him a serious shot at it.