PDA

View Full Version : So the Timberwolves could've had

Mass Debator
05-05-2015, 03:48 PM
Stephen Curry/Demar Derozan instead of drafting Ricky Rubio/Johnny Flynn in 2009

And the following year they could've had Demarcus Cousins or Paul George instead of Wesley Johnson...

And then Klay Thompson or Kawhi Leonard instead of Derrick Williams...

What a sh1t franchise :facepalm

Ca$H
05-05-2015, 03:49 PM
Stephen Curry/Demar Derozan instead of drafting Ricky Rubio/Johnny Flynn in 2009

And the following year they could've had Demarcus Cousins or Paul George instead of Wesley Johnson...

They have Wiggins now and could get Okafor or Towns.

Velocirap31
05-05-2015, 03:50 PM
It's tough to know who will pan out, who won't. It's easy to know after the fact.

Legends66NBA7
05-05-2015, 03:52 PM

Well, if they did develop the talent early on, I don't think they would have had all that talent.

But yeah, they dropped the ball a lot. Maybe things change in the future, who knows.

Mass Debator
They got lucky that the Cavs got desperate. But still, how many times can a team screw up on their top 5 picks?

Genaro
Wolves is a shitty drafter, not exactly news. No surprise they've been out of the playoffs since 04.

Eric Cartman
05-05-2015, 03:53 PM
David Khan.

Legends66NBA7
05-05-2015, 03:54 PM
It's tough to know who will pan out, who won't. It's easy to know after the fact.

Well, the point guard thing in 09 was awful.

They passed up on Curry, Holiday, Teague, and Lawson. I get drafting Rubio because of the hype, but I remember Flynn as a surprise move.

jimmybball
05-05-2015, 03:58 PM

This. They are on their way up. How far up is the question.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
05-05-2015, 04:02 PM
And nikkas blame KG for the playoff struggles????
KG is top 10 alltime he just played for by far the worst franchise

Velocirap31
05-05-2015, 04:10 PM
Well, the point guard thing in 09 was awful.

They passed up on Curry, Holiday, Teague, and Lawson. I get drafting Rubio because of the hype, but I remember Flynn as a surprise move.

As Raptor fans, we're very familiar with surprise draft moves :lol None of ours pan out.

StephHamann
05-05-2015, 04:13 PM
The savior is in Minnesotta.

Franchise-changing player, dynasty if they land Towns.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrGBbsdCcAAiQQc.jpg

chips93
05-05-2015, 04:16 PM
David Khan.

this

its not like there is something up in the water in minny that makes them draft duds, they just had a moron of a GM for a couple years.

JellyBean
05-05-2015, 04:27 PM

Yeah. My Timberwolves made some really picks in that 2009 draft. In hindsight, Curry probably would have been gone by the time the Wolves picked 5th & 6th in that draft. We needed a point guard Rubio would have been picked 5th no matter what.

That 6th pick. Yeah, I don't know what the heck Kahn was doing picking back to back point guards. I could see us picking Demar Derozan or Danny Green and watching them leave Minnesota in free agency.

I won't say that we are sh*^&y franchise. We Just had a crappy front office staff that made some really interesting picks without a ton of research on players.

Done_And_Done
05-05-2015, 05:28 PM
Yeah. My Timberwolves made some really picks in that 2009 draft. In hindsight, Curry probably would have been gone by the time the Wolves picked 5th & 6th in that draft. We needed a point guard Rubio would have been picked 5th no matter what.

That 6th pick. Yeah, I don't know what the heck Kahn was doing picking back to back point guards. I could see us picking Demar Derozan or Danny Green and watching them leave Minnesota in free agency.

I won't say that we are sh*^&y franchise. We Just had a crappy front office staff that made some really interesting picks without a ton of research on players.

I agree with this.

It was that point guard debacle in 09 which really was the worst of it.

warriorfan
05-05-2015, 05:56 PM
David Khan.

he's like a supervillian, his name even sounds like one

kennethgriffin
05-05-2015, 05:59 PM
and now thanks to lebron... the wolves have the next top 10 GOAT all time franchise legend

:lol

dubeta
05-05-2015, 06:00 PM
and now thanks to lebron... the wolves have the next top 10 GOAT all time franchise legend

:lol

Didn't you go on for a month calling wiggins a bust when lebron went back to Cleveland? :roll:

FireDavidKahn
05-05-2015, 06:00 PM
Without even looking up other GMs, I know that is at best a top 10 worst GM ever.

As far as the Wolves go, it all starts with Glen Taylor. He hires guys based on who he comfortable with rather than who is best suited for the job. This is why the term "country club" gets thrown about with the Wolves. Essentially Glen only hires friends.

tontoz
05-05-2015, 06:19 PM
The Wolves got the 5th pick in 09 from the Wizards, who traded it for Mike Miller/Randy Foye. Both of them were on the last year of their deals and ended up leaving.

The Wizards drafted Vesely at 6 in 2011, who was out of the NBA in 3 years.

:banghead:

hawksdogsbraves
05-05-2015, 07:05 PM

You're doing fine now but I think it's definitely fair to say you were a sh*^&ty franchise at that point lol