PDA

View Full Version : The Warriors Weakness

warriorfan
05-06-2015, 01:37 AM
Is Draymond Green getting in foul trouble. When Draymond is out of the game the Warriors don't have a replacement PF that can play defense. Early game the opposing team needs to go after Green hard and try to force him into early foul trouble. However this is a gamble because Green is an elite defender and if he stops you a few times while GS offense is clicking it can be bad news. The risk has to be taken because it is better than the alternative where Green can play the whole game with good defense while spacing the floor with 3's on offense.

J Shuttlesworth
05-06-2015, 01:39 AM
Their weakness is Beta Male Curry getting outplayed by Mike Conley, aka "One Eyed Wilie"

Spaulding
05-06-2015, 01:40 AM
Their weakness is when klay and curry get less than 40 percent of their 3s. Sad really.

warriorfan
05-06-2015, 01:41 AM
Their weakness is Beta Male Curry getting outplayed by Mike Conley, aka "One Eyed Wilie"

One game brotha, every dog has his day.

J Shuttlesworth
05-06-2015, 01:41 AM
Their weakness is when klay and curry get less than 40 percent of their 3s. Sad really.
Combined 3-17

Might as well have two Kendrick Perkins out there instead

J Shuttlesworth
05-06-2015, 01:47 AM
One game brotha, every dog has his day.
It's funny how Curry played just as bad as Harden did yesterday (if not worse), yet Curry gets a pass despite being MVP :rolleyes:

warriorfan
05-06-2015, 01:48 AM
Dray getting taken out so early really hurt the flow of the Warriors offense. They wern't able to use their normal lineups and No-D-Lee screws up their spacing while playing the worst defense in the league. He is like the polar opposite of what Green brings.

warriorfan
05-06-2015, 01:52 AM
It's funny how Curry played just as bad as Harden did yesterday (if not worse), yet Curry gets a pass despite being MVP :rolleyes:

Slice it anyway you want. Curry is the best player in the league and had one poor game out of 6 played this playoff. :rockon:

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
05-06-2015, 01:53 AM
Their halfcourt offense is SHT!!!!! Steph is not as skilled as CP in the halfcourt not close. Not midrange, not takin care of ball, not pickandroll, not passing, not playmaking. He just does fancy sht and jacks up 3s all style no substance

J Shuttlesworth
05-06-2015, 01:58 AM
Their halfcourt offense is SHT!!!!! Steph is not as skilled as CP in the halfcourt not close. Not midrange, not takin care of ball, not pickandroll, not passing, not playmaking. He just does fancy sht and jacks up 3s all style no substance
Yup. CP3 is still the best PG in the league hands down.

warriorfan
05-06-2015, 02:01 AM
:biggums:

Graviton
05-06-2015, 02:18 AM
Wait a little, Memphis always shuts down superstars at 1st but sooner or later they explode and carry the team. Just check the terrible shooting Westbrook/Durant had vs them but then took over in later games. Just typical ISH overreactions.

aj1987
05-06-2015, 02:19 AM
Slice it anyway you want. Curry is the best player in the league and had one poor game out of 6 played this playoff. :rockon:
Lol! No. KD and LeBron are still much better than Curry. He's the guy with the MVP, but he's not the best player in the world. Heck, AD is ahead of Curry as well.

KiiiiNG
05-06-2015, 02:21 AM
Wait a little, Memphis always shuts down superstars at 1st but sooner or later they explode and carry the team. Just check the terrible shooting Westbrook/Durant had vs them but then took over in later games. Just typical ISH overreactions.
lol thompson isnt westbrook and curry damn sure isnt durant

its not an overreaction

curry will be limited this whole series whether you like it or not

brooks_thompson
05-06-2015, 02:21 AM
Is Draymond Green getting in foul trouble. When Draymond is out of the game the Warriors don't have a replacement PF that can play defense. Early game the opposing team needs to go after Green hard and try to force him into early foul trouble. However this is a gamble because Green is an elite defender and if he stops you a few times while GS offense is clicking it can be bad news. The risk has to be taken because it is better than the alternative where Green can play the whole game with good defense while spacing the floor with 3's on offense.

I said to my friend as soon as he got his first foul on the first Memphis possession, 'If we can get another quick one on him right now, we'll win'. It happened.

And as the series goes on, you better believe Z-Bo will step up and body the **** out of him if Green doesn't shut his mouth or if he makes another iffy physical play like popping Conley's face tonight.

navy
05-06-2015, 02:22 AM
Klay and Curry aren't Westbrook and Durant. But you're right. Can Memphis keep the warriors cold forever? No. Let's face it, they are bound to get blown out 1 or 2 more times.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
05-06-2015, 02:22 AM
KD/Russ>>>>>>>>>>>Steph/Klay
those nikkas wont survive Tony. Best chance is their depth bails em out

Graviton
05-06-2015, 02:23 AM
lol thompson isnt westbrook and curry damn sure isnt durant

its not an overreaction

curry will be limited this whole series whether you like it or not
I was talking about Barnes and David Lee.

KiiiiNG
05-06-2015, 02:25 AM
KD/Russ>>>>>>>>>>>Steph/Klay
those nikkas wont survive Tony. Best chance is their depth bails em out
indeed

westbrook and durant beat the grizz by themselves in game 6 and 7

its gonna take a team effort from the warriors to beat the grizzlies..

sadly, i think the warriors will have to win DESPITE curry... as in hes mostly a liability out there, thats how ineffective i believe him to be against the grizz in a playoff series.

sad i have to refer to the mvp of the league as a liability, but man thats just the way it is out there

KiiiiNG
05-06-2015, 02:26 AM
I was talking about Barnes and David Lee.

lmao...

warriorfan
05-06-2015, 02:29 AM
indeed

westbrook and durant beat the grizz by themselves in game 6 and 7

its gonna take a team effort from the warriors to beat the grizzlies..

sadly, i think the warriors will have to win DESPITE curry... as in hes mostly a liability out there, thats how ineffective i believe him to be against the grizz in a playoff series.

sad i have to refer to the mvp of the league as a liability, but man thats just the way it is out there

:crazysam:

Darius
05-06-2015, 09:22 AM
Eh Warriors still got this.

Have to remember it's not just their offense which is great, it's their defense too.

ArbitraryWater
05-06-2015, 09:28 AM

Durant had literally one good game with game 7... in game 3 he just padded hard in a blowout.

Sarcastic
05-06-2015, 09:47 AM
Eh Warriors still got this.

Have to remember it's not just their offense which is great, it's their defense too.

If this turns into a defensive, grind it out series, then it favors Da Bears. Warrior's need a more free flowing series to win.

Crown&Coke
05-06-2015, 02:15 PM
Their weakness is they can out play any team who wants to play fast, which is about every team in the league except maybe 2 or 3

They just happened to come up against on the the few teams who like to play slow and have some dogs on the perimeter who aint afraid

And when both their backcourt guys struggle to light it up, they have trouble as well. But that has happened like once this year, last night.

clipps
05-06-2015, 02:30 PM
Even though I can't stand the dude, Green is the second MVP behind Curry on the team. Him and Thompson make the Warriors a defensive juggernaut. Take those guys out and the Warriors defense is average at best.

navy
05-06-2015, 03:02 PM
Even though I can't stand the dude, Green is the second MVP behind Curry on the team. Him and Thompson make the Warriors a defensive juggernaut. Take those guys out and the Warriors defense is average at best.
Bogut?

clipps
05-06-2015, 03:21 PM
Bogut?

My bad, I don't know why I forgot him too, but I think Dreymond Green has more impact on D.

clipps
05-06-2015, 03:35 PM
double post

warriorfan
05-06-2015, 07:16 PM
My bad, I don't know why I forgot him too, but I think Dreymond Green has more impact on D.

They are about equal at this stage of their careers. Draymond is able to switch on more players and is more disruptive while creating turnovers while Bogut brings the elite rim protection and low post defense. The big factor is that Bogut's main back up, Ezili, is a much better defensive player than Draymond's back ups, M.Speights & D.Lee. That might make Draymond "more valuable" to the team's Defense but doesn't necessarily mean he is the better defensive player overall.

I say it's a toss up, both of them are different but essential parts in the Warriors stifling defense.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
05-06-2015, 10:20 PM
Klay doesnt make them a defensive juggernaut..............great defender specially man to man but Draymond, Bogut and Iggy are all way better overall defenders

Graviton
05-14-2015, 01:49 AM
Like I said. Grizzlies will be lucky to lose by single digits. Their offense is just garbage.