PDA

View Full Version : Was LeBron James The Worst Player On The Floor In Game 1?

Yao Ming's Foot
05-06-2015, 01:54 AM
http://i.imgur.com/z0KJFpn.png

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fancy-stats/wp/2015/05/05/lebron-james-is-the-worst-player-on-the-court-in-cavs-game-1-loss-to-bulls/?tid=sm_tw

Real14
05-06-2015, 02:01 AM
:roll:

BuffaloBill
05-06-2015, 02:03 AM
No, I'm pretty sure he was still better than those guys who come and mop the sweat off floor after someone falls. That's about it though :confusedshrug:

Lebron23
05-06-2015, 02:14 AM
Kobe Bryant

BuffaloBill
05-06-2015, 02:15 AM
Kobe Bryant

Rent Free
:roll: :roll:

warriorfan
05-06-2015, 02:16 AM
Strange metric, must have a high value on turnovers.

aj1987
05-06-2015, 02:23 AM
What kind of retarded ass stat is that?? Rose and Noah are two the worst Bulls players? :facepalm

plowking
05-06-2015, 02:26 AM
Iman Shumpert needs more help.

Lebron23
05-06-2015, 02:27 AM
What kind of retarded ass stat is that?? Rose and Noah are two the worst Bulls players? :facepalm

This Kobetarded Stats.

Mr. Jabbar
05-06-2015, 02:28 AM
http://i.imgur.com/z0KJFpn.png

if one could ever represent game 1 eye test on a %-sheet that would be it :applause:

pauk
05-06-2015, 06:35 AM
With that specifically made formula yes.... however if it included rebounding, facilitating and defense....

poido123
05-06-2015, 06:43 AM
With that specifically made formula yes.... however if it included rebounding, facilitating and defense....

Bu, Bu, But Lebron had good stats doe :oldlol:

He played shit, guy his size and talent should always be able to put up stats.

Eye test says he wet the bed.

aj1987
05-06-2015, 06:48 AM

Agree with you that LeBron played like shit (even though he had 19/15/9/3). However, Rose was fine and this retarded stat has him under AB, Kirk, Miller, Marion, etc.. Straight up garbage stat.

AirFederer
05-06-2015, 07:19 AM
http://www.pbh2.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/dancing-fail.gif.webm

tragicbronson
05-06-2015, 08:29 AM
Kobe Bryant

Classic example of living in someone's head

Quickening
05-06-2015, 08:38 AM

19 points, 15 rebounds is putting up stats

DukeDelonte13
05-06-2015, 08:51 AM
He made a couple bone headed plays but made a lot of good ones.

Worst on the floor that night for the cavs was probably Mike Miller.

People don't give the bulls enough credit for executing. They shot 7/10 from behind the arc at one point in the game. Rose was hitting tons of stupid jumpers.

Pau couldn't get anything going inside but nailed seemingly every midrange J he took.

Velocirap31
05-06-2015, 09:05 AM
So it ignore rebounds, assists and all semblance of defense.

Beastmode88
05-06-2015, 09:08 AM
19 points, 15 rebounds is putting up stats

You forgot the stat that matter, 0-1.

ArbitraryWater
05-06-2015, 09:09 AM
So Kobe fans hate advanced stats but bring out the most random retarded shit possible when it favors their anti LeBron agenda?

Elosha
05-06-2015, 09:20 AM
To answer the question, obviously no Lebron was not the worst player on the floor in Game 1. It's impossible to be the worst with 19/15/9. However, LBJ's stats are sometimes deceptive, such as last year in the Finals, where he had relatively little impact when the games were actually being contested. Quite simply, in Game 1 he was very tentative and shot poorly. He was turnover prone, and lacked the impact of a superstar. By his standards, he had a very poor game, but overall he contributed quite a bit to the Cavs. He played like an All-Star, not a top ten all time player. Lebron can at times be very inconsistent in his mentality and approach in playoffs. Plus, to be fair there was an adjustment as the Cavs worked to play without Love.

I expect Lebron to play quite a bit better tonight. But the Bulls, if focused, can still take Game 2. I hope they give it their all, and are not merely satisfied with getting the split.

r15mohd
05-06-2015, 09:37 AM
To answer the question, obviously no Lebron was not the worst player on the floor in Game 1. It's impossible to be the worst with 19/15/9. However, LBJ's stats are sometimes deceptive, such as last year in the Finals, where he had relatively little impact when the games were actually being contested. Quite simply, in Game 1 he was very tentative and shot poorly. He was turnover prone, and lacked the impact of a superstar. By his standards, he had a very poor game, but overall he contributed quite a bit to the Cavs. He played like an All-Star, not a top ten all time player. Lebron can at times be very inconsistent in his mentality and approach in playoffs. Plus, to be fair there was an adjustment as the Cavs worked to play without Love.

I expect Lebron to play quite a bit better tonight. But the Bulls, if focused, can still take Game 2. I hope they give it their all, and are not merely satisfied with getting the split.

so if Lebron wasn't the impact player for Miami last year, who was?

as for game 2, Lebron is a pretty good rebounder after he has an off-game (by his standards, of course). Cavs will more than likely win it, with Lebron leading the way

Elosha
05-06-2015, 09:51 AM
so if Lebron wasn't the impact player for Miami last year, who was?

as for game 2, Lebron is a pretty good rebounder after he has an off-game (by his standards, of course). Cavs will more than likely win it, with Lebron leading the way

No one was an impact player for the Heat in last year's Finals. Lebron was the best player for the Heat, obviously, but he was relatively quiet for the series. Lebron had one dominant game in Game 2. He disappeared for long stretches of the rest of the games, scored a lot of points in close to garbage time, with the game far out of reach, and was generally outplayed or played to a standstill by Leonard when the game was actually in reach. And he scored very little in the fourth quarters

Not saying he was a bad player in the Finals. In fact I'd give him 7.5 to 8 out of 10, and the rest of the Heat no more than a 6. But for him to have been truly dominant, he'd need to impact the game when it actually mattered.

Rose'sACL
05-06-2015, 09:56 AM
No one was an impact player for the Heat in last year's Finals. Lebron was the best player for the Heat, obviously, but he was relatively quiet for the series. Lebron had one dominant game in Game 2. He disappeared for long stretches of the rest of the games, scored a lot of points in close to garbage time, with the game far out of reach, and was generally outplayed or played to a standstill by Leonard when the game was actually in reach. And he scored very little in the fourth quarters

Not saying he was a bad player in the Finals. In fact I'd give him 7.5 to 8 out of 10, and the rest of the Heat no more than a 6. But for him to have been truly dominant, he'd need to impact the game when it actually mattered.
that is a straight up lie. stop making up things to hate on lebron. he scored nearly all of his points before garbage time. you clearly didn't watch the series and parrot whatever is said on this forum like a fact.

Optimus Prime
05-06-2015, 10:01 AM
Weird metrics. LeBeta shot poorly and had a bunch of turnovers, but he almost had a triple-double and it's not like he shot that badly or had double digit turnovers.

:lebronamazed:

Elosha
05-06-2015, 10:03 AM
that is a straight up lie. stop making up things to hate on lebron. he scored nearly all of his points before garbage time. you clearly didn't watch the series and parrot whatever is said on this forum like a fact.

Sorry, watched every game and been watching for over 30 years. No need for hysterical insults, you and I probably just have a different definition of garbage time. Lebron scored many of his points when the game was far out of reach, and just as importantly, had a number noticeable periods where he wasn't contributing much scoring at all and was relatively passive. Lebron launched no furious comebacks in the fourth quarters, he did not go in any scoring binge or try to assert his will on the series. He played fairly good offense within the flow and fairly pedestrian defense. It wouldn't kill you to admit this wasn't his best Finals. Doesn't mean I'm "hating on" Lebron, or that he isn't an all time great.

edrick
05-06-2015, 10:18 AM
What a weird way to measure, way to include only the negative stats Lebron had. lol

Yes, Lebron had a terrible game, but come on now.

OmniStrife
05-06-2015, 10:32 AM
Is there a place where they post this chart after every game?

r15mohd
05-06-2015, 10:33 AM
Sorry, watched every game and been watching for over 30 years. No need for hysterical insults, you and I probably just have a different definition of garbage time. Lebron scored many of his points when the game was far out of reach, and just as importantly, had a number noticeable periods where he wasn't contributing much scoring at all and was relatively passive. Lebron launched no furious comebacks in the fourth quarters, he did not go in any scoring binge or try to assert his will on the series. He played fairly good offense within the flow and fairly pedestrian defense. It wouldn't kill you to admit this wasn't his best Finals. Doesn't mean I'm "hating on" Lebron, or that he isn't an all time great.

it surely wasn't his best Finals...but still to say he had little impact and his stats are deceptive is just dumb. the only reason the Heat had any form of contention in the Finals was due to him, and I've yet to see any blame placed on Dwade or Bosh for their disappearing act this Finals, or majority of the playoffs over the years

reality is, had either of his supporting cast ("superstars") showed up, the series would be vastly different. However, it turned to be a remake of the initial Cavs stint for Lebron and having to shoulder every facet of the game once again. he fared well in doing all he could, it surely wasn't his best series (definitely better than a lot of other winning contenders in its own right) but seeing they lost and he's the lead, it's basically empty stats for ridicule :rolleyes:

sd3035
05-06-2015, 10:42 AM

Noah was terrible, try watching the game instead of staring at Lebron's balls next time

Elosha
05-06-2015, 11:18 AM
it surely wasn't his best Finals...but still to say he had little impact and his stats are deceptive is just dumb. the only reason the Heat had any form of contention in the Finals was due to him, and I've yet to see any blame placed on Dwade or Bosh for their disappearing act this Finals, or majority of the playoffs over the years

reality is, had either of his supporting cast ("superstars") showed up, the series would be vastly different. However, it turned to be a remake of the initial Cavs stint for Lebron and having to shoulder every facet of the game once again. he fared well in doing all he could, it surely wasn't his best series (definitely better than a lot of other winning contenders in its own right) but seeing they lost and he's the lead, it's basically empty stats for ridicule :rolleyes:

I didn't say he had "little impact" or that he provided empty stats. What I'm suggesting is that he wasn't as impactful as he could be, and has plenty of blame to share for the defeat. He didn't impact the game at an all time great level, which is probably what it would have taken for the Heat to have been truly competitive. They still would have lost because Wade, Bosh and the rest of the Heat were far worse than Lebron. Had Wade been healthy and played up to his normal level and had Lebron been scoring more and not gone through his periods of passivity, they would have had a fighting chance.

There's blame to go around and most of it should fall on Wade, Bosh, and the coaching staff. But Lebron doesn't get off because he averaged 28 and 58%. There's raw numbers and then there's how and when you got your numbers. The latter shows Lebron to have played well, but not in any way great.

Actually, you and I are probably 90% in agreement; but differ as to the characterization of his performance. We both agree it wasn't his best effort, the question simply is what more could he have done.

nathanjizzle
05-06-2015, 11:21 AM
someone really spent their time making a graph of this bullshit metric:lol lebron wasnt even that bad. i would say jo was worst than lebron. and shumpert over irving. ha HA.

SpecialQue
05-06-2015, 11:25 AM
I absolutely adore how so many people are trying to make this thread about Kobe. :roll: That's a dictionary definition of "rent free" if I've ever seen one.

lilteapot
05-06-2015, 11:34 AM
he was pretty bad.

r15mohd
05-06-2015, 12:38 PM
I didn't say he had "little impact" or that he provided empty stats. What I'm suggesting is that he wasn't as impactful as he could be, and has plenty of blame to share for the defeat. He didn't impact the game at an all time great level, which is probably what it would have taken for the Heat to have been truly competitive. They still would have lost because Wade, Bosh and the rest of the Heat were far worse than Lebron. Had Wade been healthy and played up to his normal level and had Lebron been scoring more and not gone through his periods of passivity, they would have had a fighting chance.

There's blame to go around and most of it should fall on Wade, Bosh, and the coaching staff. But Lebron doesn't get off because he averaged 28 and 58%. There's raw numbers and then there's how and when you got your numbers. The latter shows Lebron to have played well, but not in any way great.

Actually, you and I are probably 90% in agreement; but differ as to the characterization of his performance. We both agree it wasn't his best effort, the question simply is what more could he have done.

:cheers: indeed!

as for impacting at an all-time great level...even that is a wash to what occurred. he could have dropped 45/10/9 and it wouldn't have been enough because a)the Spurs were THAT good b)the Heat, outside of Lebron, was D-leaguing c)the Spurs could care less about anyone else on the Heat

to me, you were expecting some miraculous effort for Lebron to carry this team to a ring, or even to the brink in being eliminated. it wasn't happening, even if he put up amazing stats...it was a one man show, and that scenario has NEVER won a championship. and as we both mentioned, Lebron putting up the 28/8/4 stat-line was OK so long as Bosh or Wade held their own to even their regular season form. it would have gone further, and likely beaten because the Spurs were just on a tear but to say Lebron needed to do more isn't valid when the other reliant teammates dropped off.

another main culprit is Chalmers...he is usually OK on defense, but boy did he flat out play horrendously and to top that off, he was turnover prone more than he normally is. to this day, I still do understand why the Heat have him, he's in the same category of Beasley, OK talent but the bonehead plays and lackluster efforts at times just washes away any productivity. :facepalm

ShawkFactory
05-06-2015, 02:07 PM
I absolutely adore how so many people are trying to make this thread about Kobe. :roll: That's a dictionary definition of "rent free" if I've ever seen one.
So many people?

chazzy
05-06-2015, 03:44 PM
that is a straight up lie. stop making up things to hate on lebron. he scored nearly all of his points before garbage time. you clearly didn't watch the series and parrot whatever is said on this forum like a fact.http://i.imgur.com/JmDmOpD.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/Kxezcu4.png

Rose'sACL
05-06-2015, 04:58 PM
http://i.imgur.com/JmDmOpD.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/Kxezcu4.png
being down 15 isn't garbage time. being down 15 with 4 mins left in the fourth is garbage time. go on give me another idiotic reason for believing this.

sd3035
05-06-2015, 05:01 PM
http://i.imgur.com/JmDmOpD.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/Kxezcu4.png

:lebronamazed: