PDA

View Full Version : Blake Griffin vs Prime Garnett

DFish24
05-06-2015, 01:59 AM
Who you got? Personally I think im gonna have to go with Blake. He's playing at a level right now in the playoffs that KG simply never reached. Blake is better as scorer and much more capable of carrying a team offensively than KG ever was. Blake has a slight edge as a playmaker, rebounding is a wash. KG's only real edge comes on defense and the gap isn't that big to be honest. Thoughts?

BuffaloBill
05-06-2015, 02:00 AM
mods

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
05-06-2015, 02:04 AM
KGs literally better at everything besides fastbreak offense

navy
05-06-2015, 02:06 AM
Blake is a better passer and ball-handler.

Real14
05-06-2015, 02:07 AM

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/kevin-garnett-reaction.gif

Real14
05-06-2015, 02:08 AM
mods

plowking
05-06-2015, 02:09 AM

He isn't a better scorer though. Blake is a great passer while also playing with one of the best passers ever. Says a lot. I think he is probably a better playmaker than Garnett.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
05-06-2015, 02:10 AM
:biggums: :biggums:
ball handler as in just dribble moves ye
passer:biggums:

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
05-06-2015, 02:12 AM
He isn't a better scorer though. Blake is a great passer while also playing with one of the best passers ever. Says a lot. I think he is probably a better playmaker than Garnett.
What makes Blake a better scorer?

navy
05-06-2015, 02:17 AM
:biggums: :biggums:
ball handler as in just dribble moves ye
passer:biggums:
Yes, Blake can pass from anywhere on the court in combination with his superior dribbling which is why i give him the edge.

Real14
05-06-2015, 02:18 AM
What makes Blake a better scorer?

J Shuttlesworth
05-06-2015, 02:21 AM
Blake put up 24 ppg on 52.8% shooting last year which is as good as any KG season. I think when it's all said and done, Blake will be the better offensive player overall, but KG's defense >>>>>>>>

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
05-06-2015, 02:31 AM
Blake put up 24 ppg on 52.8% shooting last year which is as good as any KG season. I think when it's all said and done, Blake will be the better offensive player overall, but KG's defense >>>>>>>>
KG put up 24 on 50% but did it at a much slower pace, way more halfcourt ball, much worse coach. Clips were runnin alot last year and Blake got alot of easy baskets in transition specially w/ CP whos a better player than him on both ends AND Collison
he had CP, Redick and Deandre to pass it to
KG just had Cassell who got injured in the playoffs. Outside of him he had dudes like Trenton Hassell, Wally, Spree and Olakwadasdsdsai:roll: :roll:

navy
05-06-2015, 02:32 AM
Blake got his points average up last year when CP3 went down not the other way around.

jimmybball
KG, no question.

CJ Mustard
KG is significantly better than Blake. Seriously, not even close. If KG had CP3 for 5 years during his prime, that's a minimum of 4 championships.

You could argue Blake is the better scorer I guess, but his numbers have pretty much been the same as KG's, and KG never played with anything close to an elite PG like Paul in his prime. Give KG Paul to set the table for him and he probably averages 26+ throughout his prime. Especially since KG is the better shooter, more polished in the post, and a much higher IQ player on both ends.

Real14
05-06-2015, 02:37 AM
KG is significantly better than Blake. Seriously, not even close. If KG had CP3 for 5 years during his prime, that's a minimum of 4 championships.

You could argue Blake is the better scorer I guess, but his numbers have pretty much been the same as KG's, and KG never played with anything close to an elite PG like Paul in his prime. Give KG Paul to set the table for him and he probably averages 26+ throughout his prime. Especially since KG is the better shooter, more polished in the post, and a much higher IQ player on both ends.

CJ Mustard
05-06-2015, 02:38 AM
I hope people are joking when they say Blake is a better passer/playmaker too. No way you watched prime KG if you believe that.

Real14
05-06-2015, 02:38 AM
KG, no question.

Real14
05-06-2015, 02:40 AM
I hope people are joking when they say Blake is a better passer/playmaker too. No way you watched prime KG if you believe that.

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Kevin-Garnett-Reaction-at-2013-Dunk-Contest.gif

KiiiiNG
05-06-2015, 02:43 AM
kg and not close lol

really?

plowking
05-06-2015, 02:46 AM

Yeah, it is that easy.

2 better players in Bron and Wade came together and they only won 2 championships together. You're out here giving 4 championships like it is easy money. :facepalm
Far better players than both haven't come close to 4 championships.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
05-06-2015, 02:51 AM
Yeah, it is that easy.

2 better players in Bron and Wade came together and they only won 2 championships together. You're out here giving 4 championships like it is easy money. :facepalm
Wade and Bran are a horrible fit on paper, both ball dominant wings. Wade also wasnt in his prime for half their years together
Wade isnt far better than CP either. and Bran isnt better than KG

imnew09
05-06-2015, 02:53 AM
Prime KG + CP + Jordan + Reddick?

Thats fken instant champ right there

CJ Mustard
05-06-2015, 02:55 AM
Yeah, it is that easy.

They made 4 Finals in a row with a broken down Wade for 3 of those years. Bron also choked at a historical degree in 2011. I'm just assuming none of that would happen with a KG/Paul duo, thus 4 titles is very achievable. KG won a ring the first year he had a championship level supporting cast, and he was already past his prime at that point.

warriorfan
05-06-2015, 02:56 AM
Garnett by a landslide.

Blake Griffin and Garnett could be comparable offensively but defensively there is no comparison.

navy
05-06-2015, 03:01 AM
They made 4 Finals in a row with a broken down Wade for 3 of those years. Bron also choked at a historical degree in 2011. I'm just assuming none of that would happen with a KG/Paul duo, thus 4 titles is very achievable. KG won a ring the first year he had a championship level supporting cast, and he was already past his prime at that point.
except that's the point. Blake and Cp3 havent been healthy all 4 years but you didnt mention that. Even winning 1 title is an accomplishment. 4 titles in 4 years? Ehh....no.

KrizMiz
05-06-2015, 03:03 AM
how is this even a question...

LA_Showtime
05-06-2015, 03:12 AM
If you put prime Garnett with Chris Paul you'd have multiple finals appearances and championshipS.

plowking
05-06-2015, 03:49 AM
If you put prime Garnett with Chris Paul you'd have multiple finals appearances and championshipS.

:facepalm

Posts like this... Almost as bad as "Player A can never lead a team to a title".

b0bab0i
05-06-2015, 03:58 AM
:facepalm

Posts like this... Almost as bad as "Player A can never lead a team to a title".
+1
Remember when lakers had Nash, Dwight, Kobe, and pau and were already proclaimed the champions even before the season started?

Angel Face
05-06-2015, 03:59 AM
:coleman:

This is like your Pippen vs Leonard thread... Anyway KG and it's not close! Do you think Blake could do what KG did in Minny? The best team mate he had there was a bonehead, Sprewell.

dazzer87
05-06-2015, 04:01 AM
couple of good games now Flake is compare to KG......:roll: :roll:

Angel Face
05-06-2015, 04:02 AM
couple of good games now Flake is compare to KG......:roll: :roll:

:oldlol:

StephHamann
05-06-2015, 04:06 AM

Blake is better at jumping over KIAs

Angel Face
05-06-2015, 04:09 AM
Blake is better at jumping over KIAs hood

Fixed.

ukplayer4
05-06-2015, 04:16 AM
logged in for the first time in several years just to neg op.

jalbert009
05-06-2015, 06:28 AM
logged in for the first time in several years just to neg op.

Same here! Been a while since I posted anything. But I repped u for doing it! :applause:

masonanddixon
05-06-2015, 10:25 AM
Obviously Garnett but it's not like he's significantly superior.

ArbitraryWater
05-06-2015, 10:36 AM
Blake can do damage on an all-time scale.. lets wait for his career to roll out.

ArbitraryWater
05-06-2015, 10:36 AM
Same here! Been a while since I posted anything. But I repped u for doing it! :applause:

stay!! You're the guy that proposed this trade and it happened in reality a day later! :bowdown:

RoseCity07
05-06-2015, 11:36 AM
Didn't Wolves make it to WCFs vs Lakers? KG made it there with Troy Hudson and Sam Cassell:oldlol:

TaLvsCuaL
05-06-2015, 11:45 AM
http://i.imgur.com/bpduwxd.gif

Fiasco
05-06-2015, 11:45 AM
Didn't Wolves make it to WCFs vs Lakers? KG made it there with Troy Hudson and Sam Cassell:oldlol:

Sam Cassell was a G, though.

gts
05-06-2015, 11:49 AM
People forgetting or don't know how good prime Garnett was

Mass Debator
05-06-2015, 12:20 PM
**** only if Kobe and KG came together! They had the same hunger but on opposite sides of the ball.

mehyaM24
05-06-2015, 12:38 PM
Wade and Bran are a horrible fit on paper, both ball dominant wings. Wade also wasnt in his prime for half their years together
Wade isnt far better than CP either. and Bran isnt better than KG
don't bother with people who don't know much about basketball.

others like duncan, pierce, dirk have been fortunate to still be productive on winning teams - let's just say they're one of the few fortunate aging stars not to decline drastically. but as far as kg gpes, some people often how great he was/is. toiling away his prime on those garbage minnesota teams took a toll on his body - yet and still, he was one of the greatest impact players ever, all-time e.g. rapm (mchale never put a decent roster around kg - but again, kg still managed to play at an MVP level his entire tenure in minnesota).

kg was a transcendent superstar that was unfortunately drafted by an inept franchise. he wasn't fortunate like his peers. just lol @ casuals comparing griffin to garnett - kg is leaps and bounds better.

Pointguard
05-06-2015, 12:44 PM
The guys who think Blake could win an MVP when Shaq, Kobe and Duncan were in their prime, raise your hand. There isn't one HOFer in their prime (Lebron off) playing now and he can't even get a top three vote, while playing on one of the best constructed offenses in the century.

SugarHill
05-06-2015, 12:50 PM
The guys who think Blake could win an MVP when Shaq, Kobe and Duncan were in their prime, raise your hand. There isn't one HOFer in their prime (Lebron off) playing now and he can't even get a top three vote, while playing on one of the best constructed offenses in the century.
You've said this before. There are a few HoF level players in their primes right now. Surely you understand how easy the NBA HoF is relative to other sports, right?

Durant
Curry
Westbrook
Harden
Davis
Paul
Kawhi
Wall
LMA
Dwight
etc

All they really need to do is finish their careers. :oldlol:

Pointguard
05-06-2015, 01:11 PM
You've said this before. There are a few HoF level players in their primes right now. Surely you understand how easy the NBA HoF is relative to other sports, right?

Durant
Curry
Westbrook
Harden
Davis
Paul
Kawhi
Wall
LMA
Dwight
etc

All they really need to do is finish their careers. :oldlol:
Huh?

You realize that I said right now. Duncan, Shaq, KG and Kobe were already good enough to get in at that time. Dwight will get in but it wasn't one of his few top years. Same with Paul and Durant. The others aren't in the HOF just yet nor would these be considered prime years. Or maybe you don't know what PRIME means? What is it that you don't get. Do you honestly think those guys are top ten GOATs? Which one do you think has a chance? I did the comparison for a reason.

Cold soul
05-06-2015, 01:23 PM
KG, easily here. KG had one of highest peaks in NBA in 04 he was unreal that year with his great defense.

the_troof
05-06-2015, 01:23 PM
is this thread a joke? KG had a top 5-10 peak ever.. Griffin is the Shawn Kemp of todays nba

T_L_P
05-06-2015, 01:27 PM
Everything considered, it's gotta be Garnett. His defense is so much better than Blake's, and he is one of the greatest Regular Season performers ever.

That said, Griffin's offense is no joke. Garnett usually underperformed on that side of the floor in the postseason and Griffin is elevating his play like crazy.

the_troof
05-06-2015, 01:32 PM
Everything considered, it's gotta be Garnett. His defense is so much better than Blake's, and he is one of the greatest Regular Season performers ever.

That said, Griffin's offense this Playoff run is better than anything Garnett did on that side of the floor in the postseason.
So KG's 32/21 on 54% shooting in game 7 (also with 5 blocks and 4 steals) against C-Webb is not as good as anything Griffins done this postseason?

Legends66NBA7
05-06-2015, 01:37 PM

Griffin was Top 3 in the voting last year.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
05-06-2015, 01:41 PM
So KG's 32/21 on 54% shooting in game 7 (also with 5 blocks and 4 steals) against C-Webb is not as good as anything Griffins done this postseason?
He was huge in 4th quarters that series......nikkas dont rememba but he made every field goal for the Wolves down the stretch to win that game 7.
He was the leading 4th quarter/clutch scorer in the playoffs on a title team in 08. He came up big against the Lakers in the 03 playoffs even though they took da L, 30/20 games and scoring often late in clutch situations. 27/16/5/2/2 52% shoot. 03 is Duncans peak season to most and he aint perform better than KG against LA just had much better teammates defensively. Only struggled when opponents doubled/tripled him in Minny w/ sht teammates and he still held his own with clutch numbers over the time period similar to Duncans (only Dirks clutch numbers were better among bigs).

T_L_P
05-06-2015, 01:45 PM

Garnett's best Playoff game. And you know what? He played almost nothing like he usually did closing it out. He was going to the rim like crazy, drawing fouls and forcing the defense to collapse around him.

But that Kings series as a whole perfectly describes what I'm talking about. .512 TS% against the 21st ranked defense at his absolute peak. Lots of long jumpers, rarely drawing the double team (outside of the times that he decided to get to the rim).

Like I said, prime Garnett's value is basically a supersized version of Kawhi Leonard's value: defense and versatility. Garnett was not best suited for being a #1 option, because his offense for a 7 footer just wasn't that effective when it counted.

Blake however can be an effective #1 option. He's about average on defense which is why he'll probably never compare to KG (one of the 4 or 5 greatest defenders ever), but you can't say Garnett's as an offensive player is better than current Blake. Blake has been his team's best playmaker this postseason (as Garnett was), he's going to rim a lot more than Garnett did, and he's more efficient against dominant defensive teams (#2 ranked Spurs) than Garnett was against shitty ones.

Pointguard
05-06-2015, 01:47 PM
Griffin was Top 3 in the voting last year.
Last year nobody was silly enough to compare him to KG. This was the year for the up and coming guys and he didn't distinguish himself.

Legends66NBA7
05-06-2015, 01:54 PM
Last year nobody was silly enough to compare him to KG. This was the year for the up and coming guys and he didn't distinguish himself.

To be clear, I don't think Griffin is as good as prime KG either. I think just its an overreaction to how well Griffin is playing right now, which is pretty great.

He'd have to really improve his scoring and defense to be in the conversation.

Pointguard
05-06-2015, 02:04 PM
Like I said, prime Garnett's value is basically a supersized version of Kawhi Leonard's value: defense and versatility. Garnett was not best suited for being a #1 option, because his offense for a 7 footer just wasn't that effective when it counted.
What has happened to you over the last couple of years? You sound completely lost. He won a ring as the first option. And the coach wasn't offensive minded at that time. He never had a solid or very structured offensive unit in his prime. You have no clue as to how much of an advantage it is to have a great PG play and solid shooters around a great player.

Blake however can be an effective #1 option. He's about average on defense which is why he'll probably never compare to KG (one of the 4 or 5 greatest defenders ever), but you can't say Garnett's as an offensive player is better than current Blake. Blake has been his team's best playmaker this postseason (as Garnett was), he's going to rim a lot more than Garnett did, and he's more efficient against dominant defensive teams (#2 ranked Spurs) than Garnett was against shitty ones.

Best playmaker Blake over CP3???
Garnett played Duncan to a complete tie in their primes and or playoffs. I didn't know the Spurs were a shiddy defense in Duncan's prime. These Spurs teams are definitely a grade or two lower than earlier ones. What has happened to you?

jimmybball
05-06-2015, 03:48 PM
OP is a fool. 1 example: He said rebounding is a wash. Prime KG averaged 13.9rpg. Blake averaged 7.6rpg this year. :hammerhead:

imdaman99
05-06-2015, 04:20 PM
Blake was giving up offensive rebounds to Boris Diaw and Tony Parker and Kawhi Leonard down the stretch in game 7. He was lucky he got bailed out by CP3 and Reddick because Flake is a great example of a guy who's balls shrink on the big stage.

This is a terrible comparison and is unfair to KG.

greatest-ever
05-06-2015, 04:34 PM
Wait explain how KG never played to Blake's level in the playoffs? KG avged 24 15 5 through 3 rounds of the playoffs with far better defense than Blake.

Also, this is only 8 games lets not have such hyperbolic overreaction.

SugarHill
05-06-2015, 05:17 PM
Huh?

You realize that I said right now. Duncan, Shaq, KG and Kobe were already good enough to get in at that time. Dwight will get in but it wasn't one of his few top years. Same with Paul and Durant. The others aren't in the HOF just yet nor would these be considered prime years. Or maybe you don't know what PRIME means? What is it that you don't get. Do you honestly think those guys are top ten GOATs? Which one do you think has a chance? I did the comparison for a reason.

There is a difference between HOF level player and top 10 GOAT.

red1
05-06-2015, 05:27 PM
kg with ease

Rose'sACL
05-06-2015, 05:56 PM
KG was obviously better but people underrate blake a lot. if he improves even a little bit, he will be considered a better offensive player than prime garnett easily. his passing is good and he just need to keep doing what he did against the spurs and he will be on prime charles barkley level.

DFish24
05-06-2015, 10:59 PM
26/5/3 at half time carrying the Clippers offensively. Like I said, hes playing at a level right now that KG simply never reached.:pimp:

lilteapot
05-06-2015, 11:03 PM
KG hands down and I hate that lanky pin head piece of shit

Random_Guy
05-06-2015, 11:06 PM
lol, probably the best time to bump this thread for the bg fan. but give me KG all day lol, if the clips had prime mvp kg instead of bg theyd be the favorites, even over the warriors imho. how quick people forget......even if we concede that bg has better offense (very arguable the pick and pop between kg and cp3 would be insane), the maniacal defense that kg played is just too easily forgotten.

dubeta
05-06-2015, 11:06 PM
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n53/moraffah/BlakeGriffinT-Rex.jpg

Why Blake cant play defense

04mzwach
05-06-2015, 11:28 PM
Imagine if KG would have had Chris Paul. That would have been a championship team. Sheesh. Sam Cassell was good but CP3 is all time top 10 great. Just giving KG easy buckets would make that team better. If only Kg would have ever played with a center as good as Dandre Jordan as well, kg never played with a solid center. Then all of the other options on offense they have now makes a player like Blake look better than he is. Blake's post game isn't as solid as kg's at all. Kg's playmakING ability is better, he had point guard ability. He still is a gold playmaker. Kg will change a teams entire makeup with his communication on ever level from player to coaches. Kg isn't just the guy you hand it to so he can score buckets, he's the ultimate teammate. he's a better free throw shooter, better defender. Seems like a landslide for now.

bobopenguin
05-06-2015, 11:39 PM
Imagine if KG would have had Chris Paul. That would have been a championship team. Sheesh. Sam Cassell was good but CP3 is all time top 10 great. Just giving KG easy buckets would make that team better. If only Kg would have ever played with a center as good as Dandre Jordan as well, kg never played with a solid center. Then all of the other options on offense they have now makes a player like Blake look better than he is. Blake's post game isn't as solid as kg's at all. Kg's playmakING ability is better, he had point guard ability. He still is a gold playmaker. Kg will change a teams entire makeup with his communication on ever level from player to coaches. Kg isn't just the guy you hand it to so he can score buckets, he's the ultimate teammate. he's a better free throw shooter, better defender. Seems like a landslide for now.

if KG didnt signed that contract, which indirectly caused Starbury to leave, they would be rocking the league..

Pointguard
05-06-2015, 11:45 PM
if KG didnt signed that contract, which indirectly caused Starbury to leave, they would be rocking the league..
Starbury was mad because KG got more money. Starbury could have left because KG grew an inch as well. Marbury didn't get more money when he left. Basically what you said is immaterial to the conversation. Minny was a horrible organization.

Pointguard
05-06-2015, 11:47 PM
There is a difference between HOF level player and top 10 GOAT.
You should be aware when somebody names top ten GOATS. I shouldn't have to explain that.

dazzer87
05-07-2015, 12:43 AM
26/5/3 at half time carrying the Clippers offensively. Like I said, hes playing at a level right now that KG simply never reached.:pimp:
8 points 2nd half you are right KG never reached this level.....:pimp:

Prime_Shaq
05-07-2015, 12:43 AM
KG's Defense >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

RRR3
05-07-2015, 12:46 AM
Flake was invisible in the second half. Straight up shook. Can't close a game with out big brother alpha male CP3

bizil
05-07-2015, 08:30 AM
Gotta go with KG. KG is the best all around power forward of all time. Blake is a beast don't get me wrong. But KG FLAT OUT redefined the PF position. A 7'0 PF with the athletic ability and skillset of a great SF. BUT he still played big and led the NBA multiple times in rebounding. At his peak, was capable of defending swingmen all the way down to centers.

Numbers wise, u are talking 23-24 points, 14 rebounds, and 5-6 dimes per game to do with DPOY caliber defense. And this was in the Golden Era of PF's. To this day, NO PF can match KG's blend of size and versatility.

Paul George 24
05-07-2015, 11:32 AM

ARE U KIDDING ME :roll:

Nastradamus
05-07-2015, 11:36 AM
Who you got? Personally I think im gonna have to go with Blake. He's playing at a level right now in the playoffs that KG simply never reached. Blake is better as scorer and much more capable of carrying a team offensively than KG ever was. Blake has a slight edge as a playmaker, rebounding is a wash. KG's only real edge comes on defense and the gap isn't that big to be honest. Thoughts?

The defensive gap is monstrous

Paul George 24
05-07-2015, 11:40 AM
AND FINNISHED WITH JUST WHAT ???? 34 PTS :roll:

Manila
05-07-2015, 12:30 PM
Gotta go with KG. KG is the best all around power forward of all time. Blake is a beast don't get me wrong. But KG FLAT OUT redefined the PF position. A 7'0 PF with the athletic ability and skillset of a great SF. BUT he still played big and led the NBA multiple times in rebounding. At his peak, was capable of defending swingmen all the way down to centers.

Numbers wise, u are talking 23-24 points, 14 rebounds, and 5-6 dimes per game to do with DPOY caliber defense. And this was in the Golden Era of PF's. To this day, NO PF can match KG's blend of size and versatility.

wasnt KG a SF during his prime in Minny? Joe Smith was their starting PF.

24-Inch_Chrome
05-07-2015, 12:34 PM

He was listed as a SF for the 1996 and 1997 seasons, the first two of his career. From then on it was largely PF while with Minnesota, with a few C seasons mixed in during his tenure with Boston/Brooklyn.

KG > Blake.

Pointguard
05-07-2015, 12:57 PM

He played a lot like BG did last night. Cassell got hurt before or early on when they were playing the Lakers in the ECF and KG had to move over to point. His teams didn't have creators and KG was helping to create for them. Joe Smith was really confusing being that he was only effective as a PF and frequently played out of position. By 2000 KG was primarily a PF that would sometimes guard the SF.

ClipperRevival
05-07-2015, 01:29 PM

This sounds about right to me. Blake has a ways to go before he can get mentioned in the same sentence as prime KG.

bizil
05-07-2015, 03:27 PM

Excellent point! KG played a lot of SF in Minny. At first he played SF when Tom Gugliotta was there. Then he also did it with Joe Smith too. The EPIC thing about KG at SF back then was the fact that he could defend SF's very good to great. So offensively AND defensively, KG could play great at SF. He was so much bigger than normal SF's that it was a matchup nightmare.

When KG started really getting into his prime and peak, he moved to PF as his primary position. At the PF, KG could use his athletic ability and scoring skillset to make those big PF's frustrated trying to keep up with him. And at 7'0 he was still the best rebounder in the league multiple seasons. Peak KG was arguably the most unique player in NBA history.

bizil
05-07-2015, 03:33 PM
This sounds about right to me. Blake has a ways to go before he can get mentioned in the same sentence as prime KG.

Yep I agree! And that's not a diss to Blake cause KG is a top 3 PF of all time peak wise in my opinion. KG was so unique at 7'0 that he's could be a tough act to follow for ANY PF! I do think that Blake's peak will evolve into a top 10 peak of all time at the PF. But he's not on the level of KG, Duncan, or Barkley yet. Those three totally redefined the PF position in different ways.

bizil
05-07-2015, 03:40 PM
He played a lot like BG did last night. Cassell got hurt before or early on when they were playing the Lakers in the ECF and KG had to move over to point. His teams didn't have creators and KG was helping to create for them. Joe Smith was really confusing being that he was only effective as a PF and frequently played out of position. By 2000 KG was primarily a PF that would sometimes guard the SF.

Well said! KG was playing like a point power forward back in the WCF. As his career evolved, KG's best position was PF. In terms of floor spacing, u can spread the floor better with a versatile PF like KG. He could use his SF style skillset to really frustrate the big guys.

And in terms of athletic ability and stamina, u had some SF's who could keep up with KG. His height is was overwhelmed them. But at PF, u really didn't have ANY PF's who could keep up with KG in that regard. And at 7'0 u weren't gonna find any PF's taller.

Lebron23
05-09-2015, 06:36 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4Bn5cpO4LA

KG was also a good playoffs performer.

veilside23
05-09-2015, 06:56 AM
KG was 4 times rebounding champ.. from 04-07... people seem to forget that prime kg was toe to toe with TD. Plowking is miserable because lebron james left them after 2 titles dude is seriously wanting more.

KG with sam casell almost did it. KG with prime cp3... its game over

Genaro
05-09-2015, 07:07 AM
Anyone saying Blake is too young and didn't catch Garnett at Minny or is a straight lunatic. Well, if you're too young you can always check prime Garnett videos on YT, no need to go out saying bullshit.

Pointguard
05-09-2015, 09:55 AM
Anyone saying Blake is too young and didn't catch Garnett at Minny or is a straight lunatic. Well, if you're too young you can always check prime Garnett videos on YT, no need to go out saying bullshit.
Its funny because what big man is even playing good now? Not one great PF defender now outside of AD who is obviously a notch above BG, as an all around player. so its easy look good now. How i the world can BG not be dominant now is the better question. He is only recently learning to play without fear. Great player but you went too far. AD is obviously better to me.

CJ Mustard
05-17-2015, 08:40 PM
I underestimated Paul's all time great choking tendencies. Dude wouldn't get past the 2nd round with the dream team.

Bernkastel
05-17-2015, 09:38 PM
I'm sure that Flake will get an opportunity to lose in the WCF just like prime Garnett.

DFish24
05-19-2015, 01:36 AM
Playoffs
"Pre-Prime" Blake Griffin: 26/13/6 on 51%FG:pimp:
"Peak" Kevin Garnett: 24/14/5 on 45%FG:lol

veilside23
05-19-2015, 02:08 AM
Playoffs

dude what are you on can i get some of that?

pre prime flake griffin over prime KG? are you just hurt that LA Lost despite being up 3 - 1?

Round Mound
05-19-2015, 02:12 AM
Blake`s level is like 1985-86 Barkley...pretty good but still raw.

SaltyMeatballs
05-19-2015, 02:18 AM
Playoffs
Do you know what defense is?

Done_And_Done
05-19-2015, 02:26 AM
"Prime" KG was Godly and imo the best PF of all time. This thread has no business being created right now...

PsychoBe
05-19-2015, 02:41 AM
Playoffs

kg went to the wcf :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

CJ Mustard
05-19-2015, 02:57 AM
Playoffs
1. Empty Stats/Played with Chris Paul and DeAndre Jordan = 2nd round exit against a Dwight Howard led team in a colossal choke job.
2. GOAT level defense/Played with Latrell Sprewell and scrubs (Cassell missed a lot of the Playoffs) = lost valiantly in the WCF against a Laker team with 4 hall of famers

RoundMoundOfReb
05-19-2015, 03:39 AM
Garnett and it's not close.

k0kakw0rld
05-19-2015, 03:46 AM
:biggums:

TheMarkMadsen
05-19-2015, 04:02 AM
:facepalm :facepalm

Spurs5Rings2014
05-19-2015, 04:52 AM
"Prime" KG was Godly and imo the best PF of all time. This thread has no business being created right now...

:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm