PDA

View Full Version : Euroleague To Expand In Asia / Hold World Club Championship With NBA After NBA Finals

Euroleague
05-06-2015, 07:34 PM
I have it from inside sources that the Euroleague is going to increase its operating budget by more than $300 million a year.

It is then going to expand further in the continent of Asia, as it already has teams now that can compete in Euroleague from Israel, but it will also add the ability of teams from Lebanon, Qatar, Iran, and Jordan to compete. This is due to extremely rich oil sponsors and clubs that have very rich oil owners from those areas that will bring in lots of revenues to the league.

In addition to this, the possible richest sports club in the world, Paris Saint Germain, will add a basketball section and also join the Euroleague, in order to bring in more revenue to the league. This will be similar to the recent addition of Bayern Munich's basketball section to the Euroleague, and Bayern Munich will also build a new arena and increase their budget for the basketball section, so as to look more like a power club also in basketball, similar to some of the other big multi sports clubs that are already in Euroleague (Real Madrid, Barca, etc.)

This will be done in joint with FIBA, which as of now has no say at all in controlling the Euroleague. But now will have a say in controlling it, due to the new rules FIBA is making in having the qualifications for national team tournaments year round and making FIBA World Cup the main event, and having it replace the Olympics as the main event even for USA, whether they like it or not. As FIBA will have much more control over the national leagues and national federations in Europe, and decision making in how the places and positions go in Euroleague.

Finally...........the NBA has indeed as I already said here numerous times and as all the clowns and trolls here keep denying, AGREED TO ALL OF FIBA's plans, including the new FIBA national team schedule and to have the FIBA World Cup replace the Olympics as the main event for USA. And NBA has AGREED to FIBA's national team qualification schedule.

As a part of this, the Euroleague and the NBA have agreed, along with FIBA, that the NBA WILL PARTICIPATE at the FIBA Intercontinental Cup, which at some times in the past has been called the FIBA Club World Cup. The same tournament the NBA has been ducking all these years, despite being invited to it.

It will be renamed from what I understand to FIBA World Club Championship. It will include from what I understand the following teams,

NBA champions
Euroleague champions
FIBA Americas League champions (champions of all Latin America)
FIBA Asian Champions (champions of all of Asia)

The FIBA Asian champions includes also the teams from Oceania region from what I understand, as they will be classed under FIBA Asia from now on by FIBA. So that means Australia/New Zealand.

As of now, the teams from Australian League (best teams from Australia and best team from New Zealand) and the teams from the CBA (Chinese Basketball Association) don't play in the Asian championship, but from what I understand, those leagues have apparently assured FIBA, NBA, and Euroleague that they will compete in this tournament.

Meaning I guess that CBA champions and NBL champions would play against Asian champions or best 2 teams or something, to decide which team finally gets to come from Asian zone.

So anyway, ultimately, it would probably then be,

NBA champions
Euroleague champions
FIBA Americas League champions
CBA (Chinese League) champions / NBL (Australian League) champions

In the tournament.

The tournament, from what I understand, is supposed to take place after the NBA Finals, and the national domestic league championship of the Euroleague team is done in the same season. Meaning, this is NOT supposed to be a preseason tournament scheduled for the next season, but a true world tournament happening the same season. And it is an OFFICIAL tournament.

In other words, NOTHING like the McDonald's tournament, that was a preseason tournament the following season, and was never an official tournament, and often times never even had champion teams in it.

From what I understand, the changes are supposed to begin with the 2016-17 season.

And yes, the NBA and Euroleague and other leagues finally having a true official WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP IS NBA related discussion. So any troll coming here saying it is not can STFU.

KobesFinger
05-06-2015, 07:40 PM
Proof?

Trollsmasher
05-06-2015, 07:45 PM
Proof?
inside sauces:lol

outbreak
05-06-2015, 07:45 PM
You keep saying people didn't believe FIBA would run a tournament in the middle of the NBA season. This is a lie. People said the NBA would not change it's schedule to allow players to go play in the tournament, which hasn't happened yet.

Wait I've posted without actually reading because I assumed it was rubbish but you are lying even more than I thought. You first posted this tournament would take place in the middle of the NBA and the NBA would have to change it's schedule but now you say after the finals and act like you always said that? God you are full of shit.

Also does NZ have a league? They have a team in the Australian league and the Australian league is in danger of collapsing at the moment, some of our biggest names involved are calling for the cancellation of next season so they can restructure as teams keep going bankrupt.

Euroleague
05-06-2015, 08:05 PM
You keep saying people didn't believe FIBA would run a tournament in the middle of the NBA season. This is a lie. People said the NBA would not change it's schedule to allow players to go play in the tournament, which hasn't happened yet.

Wait I've posted without actually reading because I assumed it was rubbish but you are lying even more than I thought. You first posted this tournament would take place in the middle of the NBA and the NBA would have to change it's schedule but now you say after the finals and act like you always said that? God you are full of shit.

Also does NZ have a league? They have a team in the Australian league and the Australian league is in danger of collapsing at the moment, some of our biggest names involved are calling for the cancellation of next season so they can restructure as teams keep going bankrupt.

You are just mad because every time I start one of these threads, people call me a liar, and then it turns out I was right.

It just pisses people off that my inside sources are always proven right.

Anyway, I can't wait for the FIBA World Club Championship. This forum is going to be agonizing endlessly with unreal amounts of butt hurt.

bluechox2
05-06-2015, 08:19 PM
would be more fair if its eastern and western conference winners...nba needs atleast 2 teams to represent...and it ends up being a finals rematch all over again

KG215
05-06-2015, 08:24 PM
Dude writes a short novel about something that would drastically change the basketball landscape worldwide and provides zero links, instead chooses to claim he has "inside sources"? The f**k is this shit?

outbreak
05-06-2015, 08:24 PM
You are just mad because every time I start one of these threads, people call me a liar, and then it turns out I was right.

It just pisses people off that my inside sources are always proven right.

Anyway, I can't wait for the FIBA World Club Championship. This forum is going to be agonizing endlessly with unreal amounts of butt hurt.

I'm not mad. I don't really care but I think it'd be an entertaining initiative and could help boost other leagues around the world and would make some of those leagues (like the Australian league) more interesting if they had potential cash flow from a global tournament for finishing top spot (like what happens in Australian t20 cricket with the champions trophy or whatever it's called now).

What I have a problem with is that you claim you are "right" but the actual outcome never matches your initial claims. Like when you said Tony Parker says the eurobasket is superior to the NBA, then we get his comments and all he says is winning for his country means more to him than an NBA title. Yeah sure he said in one way he preferred the eurobasket but you were wrong because he didn't say the same thing you claimed.

outbreak
05-06-2015, 08:26 PM
Dude writes a short novel about something that would drastically change the basketball landscape worldwide and provides zero links, instead chooses to claim he has "inside sources"? The f**k is this shit?
FIBA have wanted to do it for ages and Silver is keen on tapping the international market so some form of the idea could happen but it is vastly different from the previous threads Euroleague made talking about how the NBA would be totally changing to fit in with the schedule.

kennethgriffin
05-06-2015, 08:37 PM
the nba is where people all around the world wanna play above all

if they arent good enough then they go to the euroleague.

anyone who is not nba quality is an amateur basketball player

Period

How hard is this to understand

Le Shaqtus
05-06-2015, 09:19 PM
Are these inside sources coming from your asshole?

I don't see jackshit.

ISHGoat
05-06-2015, 09:34 PM
the nba is where people all around the world wanna play above all

if they arent good enough then they go to the euroleague.

anyone who is not nba quality is an amateur basketball player

Period

How hard is this to understand

:coleman:

not suprised a kobe stan would say this

305Baller
05-06-2015, 09:36 PM
I hope your sauces are correct. Sounds good.

finchyyy
05-06-2015, 09:47 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIBA_World_Club_Championship

finchyyy
05-06-2015, 09:49 PM
If it actually happens, I'm sure the NBA champs wouldn't take it too seriously.. Playing for $1mil, that's nothing.

coin24
05-06-2015, 09:59 PM
I couldn't care less about the euroleague, inferior boring shit. Fiba can also eat a di.ck..
Go post it in the euroscrub section, probably under Deron MVP euro GOAT:rockon:

Euroleague
05-06-2015, 11:08 PM
I'm not mad. I don't really care but I think it'd be an entertaining initiative and could help boost other leagues around the world and would make some of those leagues (like the Australian league) more interesting if they had potential cash flow from a global tournament for finishing top spot (like what happens in Australian t20 cricket with the champions trophy or whatever it's called now).

What I have a problem with is that you claim you are "right" but the actual outcome never matches your initial claims. Like when you said Tony Parker says the eurobasket is superior to the NBA, then we get his comments and all he says is winning for his country means more to him than an NBA title. Yeah sure he said in one way he preferred the eurobasket but you were wrong because he didn't say the same thing you claimed.

Or more like you are a lying SOB that simply makes up shit.

GTFO

Euroleague
05-06-2015, 11:10 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIBA_World_Club_Championship

Well, I guess that is what they are talking about, however it would actually be this tournament,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIBA_Intercontinental_Cup

being re-named.

That's the official FIBA world clubs championship that existed and they are just renaming it again. NBA is invited to it every year, and every they decline.

It seems that in Wikipedia they have a whole separate article just for talking about the same actual tournament.

Euroleague
05-06-2015, 11:14 PM
If it actually happens, I'm sure the NBA champs wouldn't take it too seriously.. Playing for $1mil, that's nothing.

That's not serious. Get real. Stop taking everything from Wikipedia as a fact. That was something being talked about years and years ago. And as a preseason test tournament.

Don't troll.

As I said, this is the actual tournament,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIBA_Intercontinental_Cup

And as I already explained, they specified it would NOT be a preseason tournament.

And as far as I know, the NBA specifically said they would never agree to this tournament unless the minimum purse was $10 million, plus a huge TV deal.