PDA

View Full Version : What if freethrows are only allowed in the 4th quarter...

tgan3
05-07-2015, 07:54 PM
Will this make basketball a better game? Since we hate watching guys shooting FTs.

The 1st 3 quarters, any foul would result in the fouled team gaining back possession and shot clock reset to 14 seconds. If there is a foul in, the basket counts and the opposing team restarts ball.

Reduce the number of fouls to foul out from 6 to 5 to discourage anyone from abusing it.4th quarter will play with normal rules.

Referees have way lesser of influence on the outcome of the game. The first 3 quarters will be like streetball we usually play (And no one complains about it being without freethrows). We get to see a smoother and more enjoyable game.

sd3035
05-07-2015, 07:57 PM
Will this make basketball a better game? Since we hate watching guys shooting FTs.

The 1st 3 quarters, any foul would result in the fouled team gaining back possession and shot clock reset to 14 seconds. If there is a foul in, the basket counts and the opposing team restarts ball.

Reduce the number of fouls to foul out from 6 to 5 to discourage anyone from abusing it.4th quarter will play with normal rules.

Referees have way lesser of influence on the outcome of the game. The first 3 quarters will be like streetball we usually play (And no one complains about it being without freethrows). We get to see a smoother and more enjoyable game.

the problem is when a guy gets hammered on a layup or dunk

tgan3
05-07-2015, 07:59 PM
the problem is when a guy gets hammered on a layup or dunk

Call a flagrant if is too excessive. If not, then as above stated rules.

imnew09
05-07-2015, 08:00 PM
Dumb :facepalm ... If thats the case, then players will start hugging/slapping to prevent other players from getting a good shot. Omg just leave the forum... Worst thread of the decade

ISHGoat
05-07-2015, 08:00 PM
Then a guy like curry or kd would never get off a shot because you can wrap them up every time using a scrub and force his teammates to shoot :lol :lol

tgan3
05-07-2015, 08:02 PM
Dumb :facepalm ... If thats the case, then players will start hugging/slapping to prevent other players from getting a good shot. Omg just leave the forum... Worst thread of the decade

5 fouls and you foul out. If it is dumb, how come with the streetball rules you have been playing your entire life still works?

tgan3
05-07-2015, 08:03 PM
Then a guy like curry or kd would never get off a shot because you can wrap them up every time using a scrub and force his teammates to shoot :lol :lol

Like I say 5 fouls and you're out. Also, keep in mind the team being fouled GAINS BACK POSSESSION. Do the opposing team really want to risk having a severely depleted team? Also, 4th quarter will play as normal.

imnew09
05-07-2015, 08:06 PM
5 fouls and you foul out. If it is dumb, how come with the streetball rules you have been playing your entire life still works?

B**ch please... You dont get foul out on streetball

sd3035
05-07-2015, 08:06 PM

I don't think anyone on this forum has ever played a game of streetball lol

Well, Poido and Plowking attempted to do something that resembled basketball

tgan3
05-07-2015, 08:08 PM
B**ch please... You dont get foul out on streetball

But you have to in a professional game to prevent abuse correct? In streetball, its like the gentlemen rule, you do not go foul someone purposely to not let them score, you always aim for the ball.

ISHGoat
05-07-2015, 08:12 PM
But you have to in a professional game to prevent abuse correct? In streetball, its like the gentlemen rule, you do not go foul someone purposely to not let them score, you always aim for the ball.

well where im from if the game is tight you foul someone to prevent layups, but not a dirty foul.

i once played at school with a dude who turned out to be a professor in my faculty, he definitely did hack-a-scrub on me when i was gonna get an easy layup

tgan3
05-07-2015, 08:24 PM
well where im from if the game is tight you foul someone to prevent layups, but not a dirty foul.

i once played at school with a dude who turned out to be a professor in my faculty, he definitely did hack-a-scrub on me when i was gonna get an easy layup

Well from where im from, if someone didn't aim for the ball, It will almost always result in a fight :D

outbreak
05-07-2015, 08:53 PM
Off the ball fouls should allow the team to choose who shoots them, or if you want to keep the factor of having players who should be able to hit free throws use a penalty type system where each player can only be chosen once until all the players on the court have taken a set.

branslowski
05-07-2015, 09:01 PM
Pretty sure Harden would retire.

Cocaine80s
05-07-2015, 09:12 PM
I don't think anyone on this forum has ever played a game of streetball lol

Well, Poido and Plowking attempted to do something that resembled basketball
:roll: :roll: :roll: