PDA

View Full Version : Before Cavs Fans say Love was out and Kyrie Injured...

LosBulls
05-08-2015, 11:44 PM
Pau Gasol was out most of the game and you guys still got wrecked.

navy
05-08-2015, 11:46 PM
It was a 3 point loss on a banked 3 lol. Series isnt over.

edrick
05-08-2015, 11:47 PM
3 point bank shot to win is wrecked? lol Gasol also did not even go out until the third quarter. If anything, that's when the Bulls started pulling away.

PsychoBe
05-08-2015, 11:56 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CEiD_ztVIAAJwiY.jpg

Indian guy
05-09-2015, 12:02 AM

WOW, this is a horrible post. Gasol got injured in the 3rd qtr and considering how he had played up to that point, it actually helped out Chicago because Taj and Mirotic were terrific tonight.

Sportal
05-09-2015, 12:04 AM
GET REKT

*win by 3 on a bank shot*

ffs...

RedBlackAttack
05-09-2015, 12:08 AM
Pau was a huge negative tonight prior to the injury. And, in line with that, I was calling for Blatt to sit Kyrie in the fourth because he was clearly a hobbled negative.

The difference is, the Bulls are one of the deepest teams in the league. They could afford to sit Gasol when he was clearly injured. The Cavs, by contrast, are one of the thinnest teams in the league. They literally couldn't afford to take Kyrie out because of the huge disparity in talent between him and the next guy.

That's a credit to the Bulls. Depth usually doesn't come until a team has been assembled for a few years and the Cavs have just been sort of tossed together this season. When injuries happen -- especially in the playoffs -- that's when the depth pays off.

Gasol and Noah were replaced by Gibson and Mirotic. If there was a dropoff, it was pretty insignificant.

Kyrie would have been replaced by Delly. While he had a nice night, you're really gambling to play him in the closing minutes of a close playoff game. He's had a lot of horrible moments this year. Too risky to play in that situation, apparently.

nba_55
05-09-2015, 12:15 AM

Another reason why Cavs have excuses. Gasol was Cavs's X-Factor.

RedBlackAttack
05-09-2015, 12:17 AM
Another reason why Cavs have excuses. Gasol was Cavs's X-Factor.
He has had one good game in this series. Horrendous in Game 2 and even worse in Game 3 until he exited. Meanwhile, his replacements -- Gibson and Mirotic -- were arguably the difference in the outcome.

nba_55
05-09-2015, 12:20 AM
He has had one good game in this series. Horrendous in Game 2 and even worse in Game 3 until he exited. Meanwhile, his replacements -- Gibson and Mirotic -- were arguably the difference in the outcome.

Obviously, Gibson was a beast. He gave them great rebounding and defense. Gasol would be shit on defense once again. That injury clearly helped Bulls. During the game, I thought Thibs got smart and realised Gibson was more valuable than Gasol. Then, I learned Gasol was injured. I hope he plays Gasol in game 3 in 4th quarter.

LosBulls
05-09-2015, 12:20 AM
Pau was a huge negative tonight prior to the injury. And, in line with that, I was calling for Blatt to sit Kyrie in the fourth because he was clearly a hobbled negative.

The difference is, the Bulls are one of the deepest teams in the league. They could afford to sit Gasol when he was clearly injured. The Cavs, by contrast, are one of the thinnest teams in the league. They literally couldn't afford to take Kyrie out because of the huge disparity in talent between him and the next guy.

That's a credit to the Bulls. Depth usually doesn't come until a team has been assembled for a few years and the Cavs have just been sort of tossed together this season. When injuries happen -- especially in the playoffs -- that's when the depth pays off.

Gasol and Noah were replaced by Gibson and Mirotic. If there was a dropoff, it was pretty insignificant.

Kyrie would have been replaced by Delly. While he had a nice night, you're really gambling to play him in the closing minutes of a close playoff game. He's had a lot of horrible moments this year. Too risky to play in that situation, apparently.
Good intelligent response. You're one of the good cav fans.

I'm just a bit excited about Derrick Rose since he's been out for so long and all and I've been so hard on him so it's been a long time coming and that moment was oh so sweet.

Pointguard
05-09-2015, 12:51 AM
Good intelligent response. You're one of the good cav fans.

I'm just a bit excited about Derrick Rose since he's been out for so long and all and I've been so hard on him so it's been a long time coming and that moment was oh so sweet.
He's ok, but nobody here has ever made an excuse for Rose, when his play goes up and down because of his injuries. In fact, RBA was one of the more ruthless ones. Rose was playing with a meniscus tear the whole year. And Rose was expected and still played the elite even if not having the upper hand. And it was affecting Rose much more than Kyrie's ankle injury - as Rose kept getting a different height on his jump shot. Kyries jump shot was right on the mark tonight. In general nobody talks about what Rose went thru and his healing right now.