PDA

View Full Version : IF Cavs somehow make Finals, they win it

3ball
05-08-2015, 11:46 PM
A bunch of newborn babies out West, can't even wipe their ass..

I've almost never seen a team make the Finals for the first time, and play the same way that got them there.. The more experienced team is simply capable of raising their game when the pressure is really on, while the inexperienced team can't - that level of pressure is simply NEW to them.

I said earlier this year that my worst fear was the Cavs making the Finals and playing a much better team, but still winning just because the other team plays inexperienced.. It could still happen.. But I must admit, those chances ARE dwindling.. :applause:

It's funny, because if the Spurs or OKC would make the Finals, I'd be 100% certain they'd beat anybody out East.. But otherwise, those first-time teams have just disappointed one too many time.

dubeta
05-08-2015, 11:48 PM
LeBron has the same supporting cast as Jordan did from 85-87

You know the same Jordan that went 1-9 during that time frame, losing miserably to the old and finished Celtics and Milwakee Bucks

The fact that LeBron went to the second round is an accomplishment in itself.

3ball
05-08-2015, 11:51 PM

You know the same Jordan that went 1-9 during that time frame, losing miserably to the old and finished Celtics and Milwakee Bucks

:oldlol: .. you're troll is too obvious.. some fantastical is okay, but the better ones also have subtle truths that stick in people's craw

like this thread for example.. sure i'm trolling here, but this thread was actually made without mj on my mind at all.. it's a non-mj troll

Eric Cartman
05-08-2015, 11:54 PM
Cavs have a chance against the Warriors and Rockets.

No chance in hell against Memphis or Clippers, probably a sweep.

HylianNightmare
05-08-2015, 11:55 PM
Houston in 6 Memphis in 4

dubeta
05-08-2015, 11:55 PM
:oldlol: .. you're troll is too obvious.. some fantastical is okay, but the better ones also have subtle truths that stick in people's craw

like this thread for example.. sure i'm trolling here, but this thread was actually made without mj on my mind at all..

http://cdn3.whatculture.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/bad-joke-image-16.gif

knicksman
05-09-2015, 12:03 AM
i agree OP.

2/5 stans=beta

3ball
05-09-2015, 12:05 AM
Cavs have a chance against the Warriors and Rockets.

No chance in hell against Memphis or Clippers, probably a sweep.
I don't think the Cavs can play well enough to make the Finals - that's the troll part - they have no chance to play that well imo.

However, if the team capability WAS there (deep down somewhere) to play that well (in a true nightmare scenario), there has to be at least one WC team that they could beat while playing that well.

And I do think Lebron's experience would help the Cavs MAINTAIN the level of play that got them there, despite the extra Finals pressure... Okay, I kind of just trolled again - I don't really have faith in Lebron's ability under pressure - but in THEORY, his prior experience should help the Cavs maintain whatever level of play got them there.

Straight_Ballin
05-09-2015, 12:08 AM

No, it's not an accomplishment at all. First the balding 2/5'er colluded in Miami, and then when he saw Cleveland get the first pick 3 years in a row, he colluded back in Cleveland... meanwhile Jordan was patient and waiting until he was able to develop Scottie Pippen to the point where they were a contender. His patience resulted in 6/6, while Bron's beta ship jumping ass resulted in 2/4. Always entertaining watching the Pro-bron boys try to justify his failures and be so foolish as to even bring Jordan into the conversation, who is the undisputed GOAT.

NZStreetBaller
05-09-2015, 12:13 AM
What kind of dumb logic is this?? Didnt jordan take his team to the 1991 finals and win without ever played in the finals..... u of all people should know that OP.

Cavs are not making the finals. Lebron simply cannot win a chip without dwade and bosh.....

Even if they did make the finals the clippers would torch their asses anyway.

Budadiiii
05-09-2015, 12:15 AM

like this thread for example.. sure i'm trolling here, but this thread was actually made without mj on my mind at all.. it's a non-mj troll
Kid has autism. Doesn't realize how embarrassingly bad his trolling is. Actually thinks its good material. :oldlol:

NZStreetBaller
05-09-2015, 12:16 AM
Every team currently in the playoffs will be a first time finals team.....

Sure the franchises have been in the finals but as for the assembly of each team. Its completely new.

wakencdukest
05-09-2015, 12:22 AM
A bunch of newborn babies out West, can't even wipe their ass..

I've almost never seen a team make the Finals for the first time, and play the same way that got them there.. The more experienced team is simply capable of raising their game when the pressure is really on, while the inexperienced team can't - that level of pressure is simply NEW to them.

I said earlier this year that my worst fear was the Cavs making the Finals and playing a much better team, but still winning just because the other team plays inexperienced.. It could still happen.. But I must admit, those chances ARE dwindling.. :applause:

It's funny, because if the Spurs or OKC would make the Finals, I'd be 100% certain they'd beat anybody out East.. But otherwise, those first-time teams have just disappointed one too many time.

So, You're saying Kyrie, Shumpert, Love, Thompson, Mosgov, Dellevedova, Smith, ETC. have playoff experience?

Le Shaqtus
05-09-2015, 12:35 AM

Cringeworthy

3ball
05-09-2015, 12:36 AM
Every team currently in the playoffs will be a first time finals team.....

Sure the franchises have been in the finals but as for the assembly of each team. Its completely new.
Very true, and I'm not sure Lebron is capable of playing well enough to carry that team.

To win it all, the Cavs need to do 1 of 2 things and both are extremely remote possibilities: either play truly elite defense, or Lebron must dominate much more (and in a different way so chemistry is optimal and no one is "struggling to find their place" or any bullshit like that).

3ball
05-09-2015, 12:36 AM
So, You're saying Kyrie, Shumpert, Love, Thompson, Mosgov, Dellevedova, Smith, ETC. have playoff experience?

The idea was that Lebron's experience would permeate the team..... :yaohappy:

305Baller
05-09-2015, 12:39 AM
Clippers will wipe their ass with the Cavs

Spurs5Rings2014
05-09-2015, 01:52 AM
Clippers will wipe their ass with the Cavs

Cavs will not even have the honor of being the Clippers' toiletry.

:oldlol:

Hizack
06-17-2015, 08:11 PM
At least you said the first part correct....the Cavs did somehow make the Finals.