PDA

View Full Version : If The Cavs Don't Make The Finals...

Foster5k
05-09-2015, 12:22 PM
David Blatt is gone. Love is gone regardless. LeBron's legacy takes another hit. Mark Jackson becomes head coach of the Cavs. Everyone starts questioning the Love/Wiggins trade even more.

What are more ramifications if the Cavs don't make the finals? I named a few, but there are some I'm missing.

kamil
05-09-2015, 12:34 PM
I think LeBrons* legacy would take a greater hit if he did make it to the finals but lost once again.

Him getting beat by the Bulls or Hawks would just get overlooked on his resume.

jbryan1984
05-09-2015, 12:37 PM
Blatt will be here next year. Griffin has already said this. I hope Love sticks around since he never really got to have a playoff series than Boston but if he leaves we will get Aldridge. I think our bench improves next year, healthy Varejao hopefully. Injuries can ruin a lot.

Spaulding
05-09-2015, 12:39 PM
ISH logic = better to lose on way to finals than make the finals and lose.

:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

chips93
05-09-2015, 02:03 PM
Blatt will be here next year. Griffin has already said this. I hope Love sticks around since he never really got to have a playoff series than Boston but if he leaves we will get Aldridge. I think our bench improves next year, healthy Varejao hopefully. Injuries can ruin a lot.

the tyron lue thing worries me

he was interviewed for several head coaching gigs over the last two summers, and he's the highest paid assistant in the league.

i think his presence puts some extra pressure on blatt.

its clear lebron runs the team, and he hasnt sounded that supportive of blatt.

if we get knocked out by the bulls, id say blatt gets fired and lue replaces him.

funnystuff
05-09-2015, 02:19 PM
I think LeBrons* legacy would take a greater hit if he did make it to the finals but lost once again.

Him getting beat by the Bulls or Hawks would just get overlooked on his resume.
retire from being a sports fan

Eric Cartman
05-09-2015, 02:36 PM
Chris Webber should be the next Cavs coach.

kamil
05-09-2015, 02:47 PM
retire from being a sports fan

LeBron* jockrider spotted.

Kvnzhangyay
05-09-2015, 02:49 PM
LeBron* jockrider spotted.

Just because someone is more intelligent doesn't mean you can label them out of jealousy :no:

kamil
05-09-2015, 02:57 PM
Just because someone is more intelligent doesn't mean you can label them out of jealousy :no:

You two going to act as if people wouldn't use 2/6 against LeBron*?

Budadiiii
05-09-2015, 03:00 PM
Are you the authority on intelligence or something dude?

He's right. If LeBron loses in the finals again it will hurt his legacy. He'll be known as the guy that got free rides to the finals but could never seal the deal.

You're such an embarrassment.

Eric Cartman
05-09-2015, 03:05 PM

Alot of folks here believe they are :lol

DMAVS41
05-09-2015, 03:23 PM
This year was never title or bust, so it's really not a huge deal when they lose if they do.

There are perfectly valid reasons why they would lose to the Bulls. Losing Love for the series and JR for 2 games...and Kyrie banged up...

And facing a loaded Bulls team with Rose at least looking healthy enough to play.

All valid reasons.

The big issue will be if Love leaves. I think he's gone, but I really hope he isn't. If he leaves...then they will have completely ****ed themselves over by that trade.

Might be able to get out of it by signing a few guys, but losing Love after trading Wiggins for him and not getting Dieng or anything else back...while losing picks is about as big of a disaster a trade could ever really be.

gts
05-09-2015, 03:26 PM
http://i57.tinypic.com/20u8jk3.jpg

navy
05-09-2015, 03:27 PM
This year was never title or bust, so it's really not a huge deal when they lose if they do.

There are perfectly valid reasons why they would lose to the Bulls. Losing Love for the series and JR for 2 games...and Kyrie banged up...

And facing a loaded Bulls team with Rose at least looking healthy enough to play.

All valid reasons.

The big issue will be if Love leaves. I think he's gone, but I really hope he isn't. If he leaves...then they will have completely ****ed themselves over by that trade.

Might be able to get out of it by signing a few guys, but losing Love after trading Wiggins for him and not getting Dieng or anything else back...while losing picks is about as big of a disaster a trade could ever really be.
This. Love injured. Kyrie injured. Blatt is a rookie coach.
He quite literally has the very definition of a pass. No way he gets fired. Not this year.

As for Love leaving, he would be wise to not sign any max contracts until the massive payday in 2016. So he'll probably stay one more year. Unless of course the Cavs dont want him and lowball him and the Lakers promise to take him for one year and then pay the max the next. And if he leaves they'll just have to find a replacement. Which wont be that hard to do.

Optimus Prime
05-09-2015, 03:29 PM
Remember kids, when LeBeta shoots 8/25 with 7 turnovers and misses a point-blank layup in crunch time, it's all the coach's fault.

:facepalm :banghead: :hammerhead:

pauk
05-09-2015, 03:35 PM
David Blatt is gone. Love is gone regardless. LeBron's legacy takes another hit. Mark Jackson becomes head coach of the Cavs. Everyone starts questioning the Love/Wiggins trade even more.

What are more ramifications if the Cavs don't make the finals? I named a few, but there are some I'm missing.

Well according to Kobetard "X of X in Finals" logic losing earlier than Finals is more prestigious.... so.... dont be contradictive now... :no:

Done_And_Done
05-09-2015, 03:37 PM

Getting Aldridge certainly isn't a given. All initial reports have him taking his talents to a team in Texas or staying in Portland.

I have faith in your GM though. He'll concoct a plan B and or C in the event LMA goes elsewhere.

Vancouver-Grizz
05-09-2015, 04:01 PM

All valid reasons.

Excuses Excuses. Just about every team is going through injuries. Lebron and Kyrie is still one of the best 1 2 punch in the NBA. So this is a Title or BUST year for them.

2swift4u
05-09-2015, 05:08 PM
Who would have thought that a crappy Boston team could possibly be the reason for the Cavs not winning the chip this year.

BigBoss
05-09-2015, 05:41 PM
Cavs aren't good enough. Lebron turns 31 this year.

Hey Yo
05-09-2015, 05:55 PM

He's right. If LeBron loses in the finals again it will hurt his legacy. He'll be known as the guy that got free rides to the finals but could never seal the deal.

You're such an embarrassment.
Actually Durant is the one who couldn't seal the deal. 2/6 > 0-1 back door sweep

ThePhantomCreep
05-09-2015, 06:19 PM

All valid reasons.

And I thought the list of excuses for the Spurs was massive...

sd3035
05-09-2015, 06:38 PM
http://i57.tinypic.com/20u8jk3.jpg

:roll: :roll:

Straight_Ballin
05-10-2015, 01:03 AM
the tyron lue thing worries me

he was interviewed for several head coaching gigs over the last two summers, and he's the highest paid assistant in the league.

i think his presence puts some extra pressure on blatt.

its clear lebron runs the team, and he hasnt sounded that supportive of blatt.

if we get knocked out by the bulls, id say blatt gets fired and lue replaces him.

A little bitch that got stepped over by AI isn't running shit.

Also if you have a good enough team to get to the finals and failed, it's worse than losing on your way there because your team wasnt good enough to get there in the first ****ing place. It's simple logic and only bran stans who are embarrassed by his 2/5 production try to refute sound logic while looking like idiots in the process.

DMAVS41
05-10-2015, 01:12 AM
What is this excuses thing? I don't even want the Cavs to win.

But that doesn't mean we have to ignore reality. It's simply a fact, not an excuse, that losing Love, JR for 2 games, having a rookie coach, Shump banged up, and Kyrie not right is going to impact a team.

Can they still win the East? Sure...probably should still be favored to in my opinion.

But all the above takes them out of the title or bust label. If they were right health wise...they'd be at the very least a finals or bust team and rightfully so. They'd be killing everyone in the East with ease if they were healthy.

But just because most of you hate Lebron doesn't mean we have to ignore reality. Just hate on how Lebron is playing and don't focus so much on how his team does or doesn't do. Right now Lebron is shooting disgustingly bad from pretty much everywhere while turning it over a ton and it's really hurting his team. Just focus on that.

SpaceJammeR
05-10-2015, 07:50 AM
lebron haters they take any chance to put him down even with legit reasoning. it's stupid. to begin with cavs were never favorites. kyrie and love never played in the playoffs. this was the first year for the cavs with a new coach. love gets hurt and the list goes on and on. it's reality not excuses.

bobeticus
05-30-2015, 08:23 AM
let's see next season... :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: