PDA

View Full Version : Taj Gibson on LeBron James after Game 3

ArbitraryWater
05-09-2015, 12:51 PM
Kinda made the rounds... http://www.complex.com/sports/2015/05/taj-gibson-bulls-pf-on-lebron-james-cavaliers-sf-hes-the-michael-jordan-of-our-generation

"He's the Michael Jordan of our Generation"

Appreciate the honesty between these 2 teams :cheers:

Great series, love the physical play of the East... Bulls finally healthy, they deserve it.

FatComputerNerd
05-09-2015, 01:08 PM
Shame that the Bulls are finally at full strength only to be playing a hobbled Cavs team with one of our big 3 missing and another apparently playing hurt.

As a fan of the game I like to see Rose healthy and playing well, but life as a Cleveland sports fan really sucks sometimes.

sportjames23
05-09-2015, 01:19 PM
Kinda made the rounds... http://www.complex.com/sports/2015/05/taj-gibson-bulls-pf-on-lebron-james-cavaliers-sf-hes-the-michael-jordan-of-our-generation

Great series, love the physical play of the East... Bulls finally healthy, they deserve it.

Taj my dude, but nah. Bron ain't even close to being this generation's MJ.

ArbitraryWater
05-09-2015, 01:20 PM
Shame that the Bulls are finally at full strength only to be playing a hobbled Cavs team with one of our big 3 missing and another apparently playing hurt.

As a fan of the game I like to see Rose healthy and playing well, but life as a Cleveland sports fan really sucks sometimes.

true... getting injured at the worst possible time.

Love, Jr out for 2, Shump, KI.

dubeta
05-09-2015, 01:22 PM
Taj my dude, but nah. Bron ain't even close to being this generation's MJ.

True, LeBron can actually win in the 1st round by himself

sportjames23
05-09-2015, 01:28 PM
True, LeBron can actually win in the 1st round by himself

I'm sorry, I don't speak 2/5.

dubeta
05-09-2015, 01:31 PM
I'm sorry, I don't speak 2/5.
So it's 1-9 then? :applause:

chips93
05-09-2015, 02:12 PM

it sucks but its part of the game

considering the injuries the bulls have dealt with over the years, we really cant complain

305Baller
05-09-2015, 02:20 PM
More like the Wilt of our generation. 2/5

Magic 32
05-09-2015, 02:20 PM

Weak era indeed.

sportjames23
05-09-2015, 02:21 PM

It's like this kid is speaking Bocce here. Can't understand a word you say.

Budadiiii
05-09-2015, 02:22 PM
Taj is a ****ing moron.

MJ of this era? He's the polar opposite of MJ. :facepalm

Solefade
05-09-2015, 03:02 PM
frank vogel said this too

Budadiiii
05-09-2015, 03:03 PM
Durant is the MJ of this era....

scoring king, ruthless competitor, best player in the world.

LeBron is like a very very soft beta version of Charles Barkley.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
05-09-2015, 03:03 PM
Ask Noah what he thinks about LeBron. :oldlol:

DonDadda59
05-09-2015, 03:05 PM
Remember when Reggie Miller won MVP over Jordan and even Jimmy Jackson got more votes than him.

Yeah... me neither.

Hell of an era we're witnessing. :roll:

Done_And_Done
05-09-2015, 03:23 PM
true... getting injured at the worst possible time.

Love, Jr out for 2, Shump, KI.

What's the matter with Shump AW?

MP.Trey
05-09-2015, 03:43 PM

Don't forget how much Andy V could help us in this series.

VengefulAngel
05-09-2015, 03:45 PM
You forgot that Lebron is playing like an absolute idiot, he has cost the Cavs game 1 and 3.

branslowski
05-09-2015, 03:46 PM
MJ 2/5?:biggums:

sportjames23
05-09-2015, 03:54 PM
I don't think any players of his era would be calling MJ "a bitch" multiple times to his face, or the opposing team's rookies in a playoff series being so confident to say there is no one on the other side of the ball that frightens them.

As Kobe described, the league was so shook by Jordan's dominance, skill, athleticism, game, trash talk, look and temperment ... that his teammates, presumably Eddie Jones was urging young Kobe

TO NOT EVEN LOOK HIM IN THE EYE

Meanwhile guys routinely clown LeBron for his uncompetitive, BETA status. No knock on his abilities, he's top ten. But given his cowardly nature, and lack of swagger, cool factor and certainly not his intimidation game ... contemporaries just aren't frightened by him.

Being the MJ of your era isn't exclusively related to on court dominance. It was his swagger, style, innate gravitas for the moment, and the level of fear he instilled in opponents.

And even then, LeBron while mighty impressive, doesn't even have the on court individual dominance, or success through leadership in winning that Jordan experienced.

Even if ranked as underdogs in the '93 ECF, and '93 Finals ... Jordan just absolutely never failed to deliver. LeBron overall has met hype, but has failed to meet expectations a number of times. MJ always over delivered.

/thread

SamuraiSWISH
05-09-2015, 03:55 PM
I don't think any players of his era would be calling MJ "a bitch" multiple times to his face, or the opposing team's rookies in a playoff series being so confident to say there is no one on the other side of the ball that frightens them.

The repercussions they would surely face would never allow them to say that and unlike James, Mike's contemporaries respected him. He wasn't a coward, trying to stack the deck.

As Kobe described, the league was so shook by Jordan's dominance, skill, athleticism, game, trash talk, look and temperment ... that his teammates, presumably Eddie Jones was urging young Kobe

Meanwhile guys routinely clown LeBron for his uncompetitive, BETA status. No knock on his abilities, he's top ten. But given his cowardly nature, and lack of swagger, cool factor and certainly not his intimidation game ... contemporaries just aren't frightened by him.

Being the MJ of your era isn't exclusively related to on court dominance. It was his swagger, style, innate gravitas for the moment, and the level of fear he instilled in opponents.

And even then, LeBron while mighty impressive, doesn't even have the on court individual dominance, or success through leadership in winning that Jordan experienced.

Even if ranked as underdogs in the '93 ECF, and '93 Finals ... Jordan just absolutely never failed to deliver. LeBron overall has met hype, but has failed to meet expectations a number of times. MJ always over delivered.

kamil
05-09-2015, 03:56 PM

The repercussions they would surely face would never allow them to say that and unlike James, Mike's contemporaries respected him. He wasn't a coward, trying to stack the deck.

http://nbatitlechase.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Teletovic-laughing-at-lebron.gif

chosen_one6
05-09-2015, 03:58 PM
Yeah, let's not take the guys word that has actually played against LeBron and is in the NBA...

Rose'sACL
05-09-2015, 03:58 PM
Taj making me proud to be a bulls fan since 1999.

Done_And_Done
05-09-2015, 04:03 PM

There's actually quite a bit of truth to your diatribe. I think most people would agree that if Lebron had the cold blooded ferocity of an MJ or even a Pierce that he could have been the greatest ever. He's still an unbelievable athlete who will go down as 'one' of the best. But there's just something lacking intrinsically with the guy. A mean streak perhaps...

SamuraiSWISH
05-09-2015, 04:12 PM
There's actually quite a bit of truth to your diatribe. I think most people would agree that if Lebron had the cold blooded ferocity of an MJ or even a Pierce that he could have been the greatest ever. He's still an unbelievable athlete who will go down as 'one' of the best. But there's just something lacking intrinsically with the guy. A mean streak perhaps...
I wasn't bashing LeBron. Just telling the truth. I freely admit he's top ten, and most likely the best player overall since Mike.

Yes, better than Kobe, Duncan, and Shaq.

Jordan, and lesser extent Kobe played with chips on their shoulder with something to prove. Guys like Shaq, or Wilt, or LeBron ... so inherently gifted that things came easy to them so they had nothing to prove.

That is the difference ultimately between the fear of failure, and the thirst to win. The latter for people who don't get shook by the moment.

pauk
05-09-2015, 05:19 PM
Yea well as far as being the best, most competitive, productive, dominant etc. But differently, different games....

Who else? Curry?

TheMarkMadsen
05-09-2015, 05:51 PM
Yea well as far as being the best, most competitive, productive, dominant etc. But differently, different games....

Who else? Curry?

:biggums: :biggums:

Beastmode88
05-09-2015, 06:25 PM

Who else? Curry?

Did u just say most competitive with lebron? :roll: :roll: reference: the decision

Basketbolero
05-09-2015, 06:28 PM
Did u just say most competitive with lebron? :roll: :roll: reference: the decision
Sneaky use of the sandwich technique with the hopes of it going unnoticed :oldlol:

SamuraiSWISH
05-09-2015, 06:37 PM
:biggums:

Deflection after Finals loss: "It's just basketball, man"

2010 ECSF Quit
The Decision Summer 2010
2011 Finals Quit
The Decision Summer 2014

ArbitraryWater
05-09-2015, 06:46 PM
:biggums:

Deflection after Finals loss: "It's just basketball, man"

2010 ECSF Quit
The Decision Summer 2010
2011 Finals Quit
The Decision Summer 2014

You know he didn't feel that way about it though :oldlol:

Same guy who locked himself in his room for 2 weeks after the '11 finals. The move to go to a team which is more title ready alone shows he wants to win.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
05-09-2015, 06:48 PM

evan retards like Taj Gibson fall for the ESPN fake hype

Hey Yo
05-09-2015, 06:49 PM
You forgot that Lebron is playing like an absolute idiot, he has cost the Cavs game 1 and 3.
Please elaborate and tell us how he single handedly lost those 2 games.

ArbitraryWater
05-09-2015, 06:50 PM
evan retards like Taj Gibson fall for the ESPN fake hype

*even

Hey Yo
05-09-2015, 06:53 PM
Maybe it would have been better if he just quit on his team and the NBA for 2yrs. That would have shown his competitiveness, huh?

SamuraiSWISH
05-09-2015, 07:56 PM
Maybe it would have been better if he just quit on his team and the NBA for 2yrs. That would have shown his competitiveness, huh?
I know a LeBron Stan like yourself can't comprehend this, but that actually describes the exact essence of being very competitive ... essentially trying to become a pro at another sport you hadn't played since HS?

MJ isn't like LeBron where he only "competes" if the deck is stacked in his favor. You know, like a coward. That ever looming fear of failure. Jordan just competes, flat out. Whether it's trying to play baseball, or coming back past his prime to win 2x more MVPs, and another three peat.

LeBron too scared to even enter the dunk contest in fear of coming up short of expectations. Oh yea, Jordan didn't do the team hopping thing either to upgrade rosters every few years.

You know he didn't feel that way about it though
:oldlol:

You're such an apologist for this guy.

Than why would he be so flippant and deflecting? Why would he go to Cleveland the very next year if he didn't feel the urgency to need more help.

He always deflects like that when he fails. He's a [()] plain and simple.

Like when he was so petty, he was comparing his earnings to the salary of the every man who was rooting against him 2011 because of his cowardice.

Same guy who locked himself in his room for 2 weeks after the '11 finals. The move to go to a team which is more title ready alone shows he wants to win.
No he didn't, that's what he said he did. That's what Derrick Rose actually did.

Within a week or two of his epic choke job / disappearing act in the 2011 Finals, LeBron was seen on vacation publically in Hawaii.

sportjames23
05-09-2015, 07:59 PM

Better than quitting on them during a series doe.

ArbitraryWater
05-09-2015, 08:03 PM
You're such an apologist for this guy.

Than why would he be so flippant and deflecting? Why would he go to Cleveland the very next year if he didn't feel the urgency to need more help.

He always deflects like that when he fails. He's a [()] plain and simple.

Like when he was so petty, he was comparing his earnings to the salary of the every man who was rooting against him 2011 because of his cowardice.

No he didn't, that's what he said he did. That's what Derrick Rose actually did.

Within a week or two of his epic choke job / disappearing act in the 2011 Finals, LeBron was seen on vacation publically in Hawaii.

*Then

sry

Show me those Hawaii pics.. why would you doubt him? Or are you taking the 2 weeks as exactly 2 weeks, AFTER the finals? Maybe its a week, maybe 10 days, maybe its not right after the finals... but he was bugged about it, everyone could see that with the way he played in 2012.

Joyner82reload
05-09-2015, 08:05 PM
Something tells me Jordan never had a playoffs anywhere NEAR as bad as the one LeBron is currently having. 49.9 TS% with 5 TO/g is abysmal.

Legends66NBA7
05-09-2015, 08:11 PM
I think people are missing Taj's point.

That LeBron is probably the best player/been this "generations" best talent. That's it. Why are people turning into a comparison ? If it's Michael Jordan of this era, I'm pretty Taj understands Jordan is better. If he thought even more of LeBron, he would have called him the GOAT, which he didn't.

Hey Yo
05-09-2015, 08:13 PM
I know a LeBron Stan like yourself can't comprehend this, but that actually describes the exact essence of being very competitive ... essentially trying to become a pro at another sport you hadn't played since HS?

Nice try, but MJ still had 3yrs left on his contract and decided to quit. He chose not to provide what he legally signed on for.

MJ isn't like LeBron where he only "competes" if the deck is stacked in his favor. You know, like a coward. That ever looming fear of failure. Jordan just competes, flat out. Whether it's trying to play baseball, or coming back past his prime to win 2x more MVPs, and another three peat.

If LeBron was scared of failure, then he would have pulled a Kobe and told Cleveland not to draft him. He would have never signed an extension with Cleveland his first time around.

Jordan came back a few weeks before the playoffs started and came up short. That's really competing for a title. :rolleyes:

LeBron too scared to even enter the dunk contest in fear of coming up short of expectations. Oh yea, Jordan didn't do the team hopping thing either to upgrade rosters every few years.

No he didn't, but he either took some really bad advice or is really ****ing dumb for signing an 8yr contract. Kind of hard to go to a different team when we both know the Bulls would not trade him during those 8yrs.

Hell.... MJ's lucky that the time off he took was still counting as years played or he wouldn't have been a UFA until the end of the 97-98 season. Still playing for crumbs.

ArbitraryWater
05-09-2015, 08:15 PM

That LeBron is probably the best player/been this "generations" best talent. That's it. Why are people turning into a comparison ? If it's Michael Jordan of this era, I'm pretty Taj understands Jordan is better. If he thought even more of LeBron, he would have called him the GOAT, which he didn't.

Its, LeBron.. he affects people, deeply.

Hey Yo
05-09-2015, 08:17 PM

Glad to see someone else get's it

mehyaM24
05-09-2015, 08:17 PM

mehyaM24
05-09-2015, 08:19 PM
*Then

sry

Show me those Hawaii pics.. why would you doubt him? Or are you taking the 2 weeks as exactly 2 weeks, AFTER the finals? Maybe its a week, maybe 10 days, maybe its not right after the finals... but he was bugged about it, everyone could see that with the way he played in 2012.
apparently "coach" knows EVERYTHING lebron did that summer. even the flights he booked. :oldlol:

and he wonders why nobody takes him seriously. smh.

Rose'sACL
05-09-2015, 08:22 PM

Don't use common sense. It is MJ we are talking about. Unless you don't say that lebron would not be able to score 10 ppg in the 90s, these guys will not be satisfied.

kurple
05-09-2015, 08:30 PM

Guys? What guys? Fans or what`?

and im on team jordan

sportjames23
05-09-2015, 08:35 PM
Guys? What guys? Fans or what`?

and im on team jordan

Other players. Bron's been called a bitch to his face and clowned by lesser players many a time and he took it like a bitch.

mehyaM24
05-09-2015, 08:45 PM
Other players. Bron's been called a bitch to his face and clowned by lesser players many a time and he took it like a bitch.
were you watching then?

bill cartwright & robert parish both threatened to kick jordan's ass (he backed off like a bitch).

vernon maxwell said he didn't give a shit about jordan, verbally clowning him in every way imaginable.

Wade's Rings
05-09-2015, 08:54 PM
were you watching then?

bill cartwright & robert parish both threatened to kick jordan's ass (he backed off like a bitch).

vernon maxwell said he didn't give a shit about jordan, verbally clowning him in every way imaginable.

Lebron got called out by a Role Player in the Finals then proceeded to get sh*tted on by said Role Player. Then watched said Role Player raise the trophy while he choked like a b*tch.

Hold this
:roll: :roll: :roll:

TheMan
05-09-2015, 08:55 PM
This is where I gotta stick up for LeBron. People use LBJ's lack of a mean streak (for lack of a better discription), as if it's something bad...it really isn't. He's been successful being the way he is, he could've handled things better in the past but he's only human. We know Bron isn't the kind of dude that'll get in other people's faces, he's a none confrontational type person. If he's not like MJ, Kobe, Bird etc, what's the big deal? He had that monster 2012 postseason run, and he didn't need to turn into an asshole :confusedshrug:

We give LeBron a ton of shit here but it's mostly to piss off his delusional stans (in my case). I personally don't hate him, after all, he's an MJ stan, just like Kobe. :lol

mehyaM24
05-09-2015, 08:56 PM
Lebron got called out by a Role Player in the Finals then proceeded to get sh*tted on by said Role Player. Then watched said Role Player raise the trophy while he choked like a b*tch.

Hold this
lol at this guy

how does that take away from 2 players threatening to physically beat the shit out of jordan? mj backed away like, well, a scared school girl.

TheMan
05-09-2015, 09:00 PM
lol at this guy

how does that take away from 2 players threatening to physically beat the shit out of jordan? mj backed away like, well, a scared school girl.
Grow up

mehyaM24
05-09-2015, 09:01 PM
Grow up
am i wrong? :confusedshrug:

you said you've been a bulls fan since the 80s, so you can corroborate this. lol

sportjames23
05-09-2015, 09:03 PM
were you watching then?

MJ squashed Mad Max in the face when Max stepped to him.

And Cartwright and Parish were teammates, not opponents clowning him on the court for EVERYONE to see, unlike Lebron getting his shit pushed in by Shawn Marion and Jason Terry.

mehyaM24
05-09-2015, 09:07 PM
MJ squashed Mad Max in the face when Max stepped to him.

And Cartwright and Parish were teammates, not opponents clowning him on the court for EVERYONE to see, unlike Lebron getting his shit pushed in by Shawn Marion and Jason Terry.
gtfo with your damage control :roll:

and, you act as if lebron couldn't destroy 90% of the league with his bare hands.

Rose'sACL
05-09-2015, 09:10 PM
gtfo with your damage control :roll:

and, you act as if lebron couldn't destroy 90% of the league with his bare hands.
They want a the best player on the cavs to punch someone and get ejected. That would make him alpha in their eyes.

I was surprised lebron said something to Noah. He normally keeps on playing no matter if it was pierce, kg or stevenson trash talking. Noah must have crossed some line.

TheMan
05-09-2015, 09:13 PM
am i wrong? :confusedshrug:

you said you've been a bulls fan since the 80s, so you can corroborate this. lol
Vernon Maxwell was nothing to MJ, he never bested him in anything. How is that verbally clowning him? :facepalm

Trollsmasher
05-09-2015, 09:14 PM

is this Jordan stans' wet dream?:biggums:

dude was constantly getting punked

there is a reason he was considered a softie for a good half of his career

TheMan
05-09-2015, 09:20 PM
:biggums: Go watch football, you are clearly clueless 'bout hoops :oldlol:

andgar923
05-09-2015, 09:21 PM
Lebron is the Drake of this era.

MJ is the f*ckin boogeyman

MJ's on some urban legend type shit that's real.

Coaches warning players not to talk to Mike, even when he was RETIRED!!

Vets warning rooks to not look him into his eyes, like he's gonna take their souls or some shit.

MJ would walk into the opposing team's locker room and talk shit.

MJ left one of the 80s dynasty so shook and broken, they didn't even shake hands after the game.

Meanwhile Drake is posting pics of himself looking in the mirror, sensitive ass Drake muf#cka.

mehyaM24
05-09-2015, 09:22 PM
They want a the best player on the cavs to punch someone and get ejected. That would make him alpha in their eyes.

I was surprised lebron said something to Noah. He normally keeps on playing no matter if it was pierce, kg or stevenson trash talking. Noah must have crossed some line.
yup. the hypocrisy levels with jordan fans know NO levels.

lebron is dammed if you do, dammed if you dont. :oldlol:

andgar923
05-09-2015, 09:34 PM
We aint making shit up...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1739610-throwback-thursday-michael-jordan-uses-his-ferrari-and-a-cigar-as-intimidation

[QUOTE]I saw Michael Jordan come into our locker room with a cigar, while it was lit, and said,

TheMan
05-09-2015, 09:35 PM
Vernon Maxwell was nothing to MJ, he never bested him in anything. How is that verbally clowning him? :facepalm
Answer this mehyaM24, you gon' just ignore this? :lol

RRR3
05-09-2015, 09:37 PM

Praising LeBron isn't allowed on ISH.

mehyaM24
05-09-2015, 09:43 PM
Answer this mehyaM24, you gon' just ignore this? :lol
ignore what? kenny smith himself said vernon maxwell would talk shit to jordan in his face. :confusedshrug:

don't forget about the cartwright and parish altercations either. you're talking about "ignoring posts" yet you skipped over this very swiftly. :oldlol:

DonDadda59
05-09-2015, 09:51 PM
We aint making shit up...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1739610-throwback-thursday-michael-jordan-uses-his-ferrari-and-a-cigar-as-intimidation

Ron Artest "he's as strong as Lebron, can shoot the mid like Reggie, and he's tough, HE'S A KILLER on the court"

There's many many many more.

Meanwhile, players made rap songs about Drake's soft ass.

Don't bother, the kiddies think that being an emo pouty mirror selfie taking herb is the norm ala Young Garnier Fructis. They just don't know.

Pop shit apologize. Nigguh just ask Van Gundy (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDBkgwZqtCs)

Even coaches can get it.

SamuraiSWISH
05-09-2015, 10:00 PM

Vets warning rooks to not look him into his eyes, like he's gonna take their souls or some shit.

MJ left one of the 80s dynasty so shook and broken, they didn't even shake hands after the game.
:applause:

Meanwhile Drake is posting pics of himself looking in the mirror, sensitive ass Drake muf#cka.
http://charmcitywire.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Screen-shot-2015-03-02-at-11.21.26-AM.png

Embarrassing

Optimus Prime
05-09-2015, 10:06 PM

http://cdn.ambrosiaforheads.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/MichaelJordan_cigar.jpg

:bowdown:

Heilige
05-09-2015, 10:16 PM
I wasn't bashing LeBron. Just telling the truth. I freely admit he's top ten, and most likely the best player overall since Mike.

Jordan, and lesser extent Kobe played with chips on their shoulder with something to prove. Guys like Shaq, or Wilt, or LeBron ... so inherently gifted that things came easy to them so they had nothing to prove.

That is the difference ultimately between the fear of failure, and the thirst to win. The latter for people who don't get shook by the moment.

so things didn't come easy for Jordan and Kobe? That doesn't really make sense. no one on this site could ever hope to be as good as them and you imply things didn't come easy for them. Jordan and Kobe had inherent talent that no one on this site has.

imdaman99
05-09-2015, 10:29 PM
You Jordan stans are something. No one on the Knicks backed down to MJ, Starks looked him in the eye and no fear, Oak and Mase, even X-man looked him in the eye and didn't get scared. I think even Reggie Miller got into a fight with him back in the day. That whole everyone being afraid to look him in the eye is all myth. It just didn't help the Knicks beat him that's all. But let's not act like MJ didn't get help from Scottie after stinking up the joint in game 3 down 0-2 to the Knicks either.

That being said, Lebron is a btch and nowhere close to the MJ of this generation. The competitive desire ain't there. Is the talent? Sure. Is the dominating the East? Sure. But the heart and desire to do nothing but win is nowhere near. There IS NO MJ of this generation.

andgar923
05-09-2015, 10:33 PM
Drake the type of dude that'll apologize if you step on his shoe.

Even his mother in law say he too nice.

Drake's father in law would rather have his daughter marry a McDonald's manager because at least he'd have a spine.

Drake the type of dude that'll go the the strip club to talk to the hos.

Drake man.... f*ckin Drake.

Meanwhile, Bumpy Knuckles drops 50 at will, just to spite the opposing coach.

Bumpy Knuckles breaks 3pt records at the half of a Finals game when people dare say another player is his equal.

Bumpy Knuckles has his jersey retired by Don Corleone himself.

Wade's Rings
05-09-2015, 11:17 PM
ignore what? kenny smith himself said vernon maxwell would talk shit to jordan in his face. :confusedshrug:

Kenny said Vernon would say something to the likes of "If you score again, I'm gonna get mad". Jordan would score and Vernon would get up in Jordan's face. Vernon literally got mad at Jordan for taking a dump on him :oldlol: That's not the case with Bron.

TheMan
05-09-2015, 11:33 PM

don't forget about the cartwright and parish altercations either. you're talking about "ignoring posts" yet you skipped over this very swiftly. :oldlol:
About Parish and Cartwright, if MJ got on their face and if they told him to step back son, then it is what it is. That's far from running away like a scared little girl like you're trying to twist it, they still played together, won and celebrated together...only Mike knew not to try and intimidate them in practice :lol

That is very different than what happened with Marion and Terry, they talked shit to his face and took his soul in 11 and left Bran shook. Vernon Maxwell could talk all he wants, don't mean shit if you can't back it up. To lazy to look but if you put their head to head stats, I'm pretty MJ won those matchups :oldlol:

PsychoBe
05-09-2015, 11:34 PM
drake the type of dude to wave with both hands.

drake the type of dude to lean on the bed while putting his jeans on and kick his feet up.

drake the type of dude to get a dance from a girl at a club then text her later "what are we"

drake the type of dude to call 911 to see if they need any help.

drake the type of dude to ride a horse with both legs on one side.

drake the type of dude to return his shopping carts all the way back to the entrance.

drake the type of dude to wrap his fingers around the telephone cord while talking.

replace those with bran instead.

pauk
05-10-2015, 12:06 AM

Do you even know what that is? What being very competitive in basketball means is having that fire that burns to go out on the court and beat the opponent, they are extremly confident in their ability, have usually huge egos & cockiness.... they have that "I am better than anybody in the world" mindset and they will let you know about it, by game and sometimes even by mouth, if you dont already know about it.... to compete for the win (win or lose) and to compete against yourself to see just how good you can really be, preferably become the best/best ever..... this innate quality is born by ability / confidence in that ability, they KNOW they are better than anybody else and dont feel good about a lesser team/player beating them, they have a ridicilous determination/will to win because of it and demand it out from their teammates/franchise etc. and do whatever it takes to win.... and when it doesnt come they are pissed about it or as you can call it with other words being massive "sore losers"...

Being a "sore loser" in a loss is being disappointed/pissed at yourself for perhaps underperforming or for your teammates not being good enough.... they want to be the best on the floor and win every single time.... anything else is unacceptable....

They work harder than anybody else, pushing themselves to be the best in the game / best ever, thats the mindset...

It’s that competitive nature that also makes you a great teammate and allows you to be a player that other coaches and teammates would love to play with / go to war with.....

That you "reference: the decision" is only an example/proof of something that has to do with competitiveness if you look into how competitive he was for 7 straight years before that decision and then why he decided to go somewhere else, he would have stayed there ONLY if he wasnt this competitive, a competitor with Jordans/Lebrons type of talent/skill is not fine with ending up ringless/not taking advantage of his ability/talent simply because the franchise is not/cant be on the same page, being competitive is NOT staying with scrub cast your entire career and because of it taking a loss & loss & loss & loss....... where is the will to win in that decision?... and then think about what he did once he got there in Miami... and then also what he did once he achieved his goal there... which was to go back and challenge himself even further by trying to bring a championship to Cleveland and he wont stop that task until he retired....

Thats everything which Jordan was and Lebron is... and the likes of them were.... (Kobe, Bird, Magic etc.)

Many lesser players were crazy enough to be just as competitive, like Reggie Miller.... Westbrook is the finest example today, but that leaves you nowhere or at least doesnt leave you at the success of Jordan, Lebron, Kobe etc. if you dont have the tools (talent or skills) to actually do what your mind thinks/wants.... (see Westbrook again)

JGXEN
05-10-2015, 12:17 AM
[QUOTE=pauk]Do you even know what that is? What being very competitive in basketball means is having that fire that burns to go out on the court and beat the opponent, they are extremly confident in their ability, have usually huge egos & cockiness.... they have that "I am better than anybody in the world" mindset and they will let you know about it, by game and sometimes even by mouth, if you dont already know about it.... to compete for the win (win or lose) and to compete against yourself to see just how good you can really be, preferably become the best/best ever..... this innate quality is born by ability / confidence in that ability, they KNOW they are better than anybody else and dont feel good about a lesser team/player beating them, they have a ridicilous determination/will to win because of it and demand it out from their teammates/franchise etc. and do whatever it takes to win.... and when it doesnt come they are pissed about it or as you can call it with other words being massive "sore losers"...

Being a "sore loser" in a loss is being disappointed/pissed at yourself for perhaps underperforming or for your teammates not being good enough.... they want to be the best on the floor and win every single time.... anything else is unacceptable....

They work harder than anybody else, pushing themselves to be the best in the game / best ever, thats the mindset...

It

Kingwillball
05-10-2015, 12:20 AM
Durant is the MJ of this era....

scoring king, ruthless competitor, best player in the world.

LeBron is like a very very soft beta version of Charles Barkley.

Do u realize how stupid u sound by saying this especially if u actually believe it ? :facepalm

Kvnzhangyay
05-10-2015, 12:27 AM
people know more about basketball here than Taj, who has to actually guard Lebron (sometimes) :confusedshrug: :confusedshrug:

plowking
05-10-2015, 12:30 AM

This is such a sad f*cking post.

I'm not even kidding. Here you have a grown man talking about, and backing up another mans behaviour and "alphaness". You sound like a nitwit you dummy.

Why the f*ck do you care about this shit? Do you like basketball or MJ's dick? Jesus. So much cringe in this post and this thread in general. You sound like a kid talking about his favourite superhero, or even worse, a woman talking about her dream man.

You don't like basketball bro. You just like the thought of MJ. That is it. Just thinking about him makes you feel nice inside. You weird as f*ck out here talking about another dudes alphaness in a serious manner. You weren't even kidding about this shit. You felt the need to tell everyone this on here. :facepalm

My gawd.

dubeta
05-10-2015, 12:38 AM
MJ stans are so pathetic :oldlol:

They're comprised of middle aged men sad that they're idol retired and resort to fairy tales and myths to back up his 'greatness'

Heilige
05-10-2015, 04:27 AM
This is such a sad f*cking post.

I'm not even kidding. Here you have a grown man talking about, and backing up another mans behaviour and "alphaness". You sound like a nitwit you dummy.

Why the f*ck do you care about this shit? Do you like basketball or MJ's dick? Jesus. So much cringe in this post and this thread in general. You sound like a kid talking about his favourite superhero, or even worse, a woman talking about her dream man.

You don't like basketball bro. You just like the thought of MJ. That is it. Just thinking about him makes you feel nice inside. You weird as f*ck out here talking about another dudes alphaness in a serious manner. You weren't even kidding about this shit. You felt the need to tell everyone this on here. :facepalm

My gawd.

:applause: SamuraiSwish is another pathetic MJ stan

KembaWalker
05-10-2015, 05:30 AM
One question.

Where is 3Ball

Quickening
05-10-2015, 06:14 AM

I always laugh when fans think they understood the psyche of a player by seeing them on a basketball court... from all accounts Lebron is a gym rat who is constantly working on his game.

It must be easy to sit in your arm chair having accomplished nothing near the likes of Lebron, and just say its because he got good genetics, no effort, handed on a plate.

He fears the moment, yet has the best game 7 stats EVER. just :lol :roll:

sdot_thadon
05-10-2015, 07:52 AM
About Parish and Cartwright, if MJ got on their face and if they told him to step back son, then it is what it is. That's far from running away like a scared little girl like you're trying to twist it, they still played together, won and celebrated together...only Mike knew not to try and intimidate them in practice :lol

That is very different than what happened with Marion and Terry, they talked shit to his face and took his soul in 11 and left Bran shook. Vernon Maxwell could talk all he wants, don't mean shit if you can't back it up. To lazy to look but if you put their head to head stats, I'm pretty MJ won those matchups :oldlol:
This is somewhat true, but to be fair Mj was damn near begging madmax to settle down. He made him uncomfortable on the floor.

Angel Face
05-10-2015, 08:40 AM
Typical prop up your opponent so that you will look better. Lebron will never be close to MJ. NEVER!

sportjames23
05-10-2015, 09:01 AM
This is somewhat true, but to be fair Mj was damn near begging madmax to settle down. He made him uncomfortable on the floor.

The **** outta here. MJ barked back at his little clown ass and then schooled him.

dubeta
05-10-2015, 09:06 AM
The **** outta here. MJ barked back at his little clown ass and then schooled him.

Keep telling yourself that :oldlol:

jzek
05-10-2015, 09:13 AM
I don't get the Jordan comparisons.

Jordan = 6/6
LeBron = 2/5

:confusedshrug:

Basketbolero
05-10-2015, 09:23 AM
:applause: SamuraiSwish is another pathetic MJ stan
'Did you get my PM?'

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9804

I hope you are not still a virgin... :D
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=151723

TheMan
05-10-2015, 01:49 PM
I followed the NBA closely back then, I honestly don't recall hearing this, you got a link? I don't believe for one second Maxwell, of all people, (he wasn't that good) would unsettle Jordan, lol.

I'm not part of the MJ fans who go around saying players were too scared of Jordan and avoided eye contact, maybe there were some but I recall guys getting in MJ's face plenty of times like GP, Danny Ainge, McDaniel, Mahorn, Doc Rivers etc so I know that's not entirely true but I don't remember him being "punked" so if any of you guys got any links, I'd like to read them. It would make for an interesting read.

Legends66NBA7
05-10-2015, 01:53 PM
I don't get the Jordan comparisons.

That's because there wasn't a comparison.

tpols
05-10-2015, 01:58 PM
drake the type of dude to lean on the bed while putting his jeans on and kick his feet up.

drake the type of dude to ride a horse with both legs on one side.

legit lol'd

mehyaM24
05-10-2015, 02:07 PM
About Parish and Cartwright, if MJ got on their face and if they told him to step back son, then it is what it is.

what does this even mean?

they asked jordan if he had a problem/wanted to throw down, and he walked away. accept it and move on. :oldlol:

Kvnzhangyay
05-10-2015, 02:11 PM
That's because there wasn't a comparison.

its not about that, its about how actually good they are

sdot_thadon
05-10-2015, 02:15 PM
This is hilarious.

I followed the NBA closely back, I honestly don't recall hearing this, you got a link? I don't believe for one second Maxwell, of all people, would unsettle Jordan, lol.

I'm not part of the MJ fans who go around saying players were too scared of Jordan and avoided eye contact, maybe there were some but I recall guys getting in MJ's face plenty of times like GP, Danny Ainge, McDaniel, Mahorn, Doc Rivers etc so I know that's not entirely true but I don't remember him being "punked" so if any of you guys got any links, I'd like to read them. It would make for an interesting read.

Well around these parts the urban legend is no one gave him more trouble than Maxwell, I'm sure there's a bit of hometown embellishment but he was far from invincible lol. Anyhow here ya go. I woulda thought this made it's rounds earlier in the season....

http://www.nba.com/2015/news/features/fran_blinebury/03/19/houston-vernon-maxwell-wanted-finals-matchup-with-michael-jordan/

"I wanted to fight him, really," said Vernon Maxwell.

"(Jordan) used to talk to me all the time during the games," Maxwell said. "He'd say: 'Aw Max, this is what the media wants to see. Don't mess anything up. Don't do this. You don't have to do that. Why you doing this? Let's just play the game.' That's why I knew I was under his skin. Oh yes, I know it.

Basketbolero
05-10-2015, 02:31 PM
Maxwell can say what he wants but numbers suggest he is lying...

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=maxweve01&p2=jordami01

So much for MJ being shook :oldlol: :
http://ballislife.com/the-days-michael-jordan-shut-up-jerry-stackhouse-vernon-maxwell-48pts-in-3-quarters/

Rose'sACL
05-10-2015, 02:35 PM
Maxwell can say what he wants but numbers suggest he is lying...

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=maxweve01&p2=jordami01

So much for MJ being shook :oldlol: :
http://ballislife.com/the-days-michael-jordan-shut-up-jerry-stackhouse-vernon-maxwell-48pts-in-3-quarters/
what do numbers have to do with it? Swish said that everyone feared MJ and were scared to say anything to him.
This proves that it wasn't true. going by your logic, noah's shittalking doesn't matter either because he is a nobody compared to lebron as a basketball player.

Decide on one thing and stick to it.

Basketbolero
05-10-2015, 02:42 PM
what do numbers have to do with it? Swish said that everyone feared MJ and were scared to say anything to him.
This proves that it wasn't true. going by your logic, noah's shittalking doesn't matter either because he is a nobody compared to lebron as a basketball player.

Decide on one thing and stick to it.
WTF does Noah have to do with this? :biggums:

In the quote above my previous post (I should have quoted it, I was just lazy), Maxwell says he knew he got under MJ's skin, yet the numbers + the link to the story I posted about the game in '96 proves MJ had no problem destroying Maxwell just like he was destroying everybody else at the time.

Rose'sACL
05-10-2015, 02:48 PM
WTF does Noah have to do with this? :biggums:

In the quote above my previous post (I should have quoted it, I was just lazy), Maxwell says he knew he got under MJ's skin, yet the numbers + the link to the story I posted about the game in '96 proves MJ had no problem destroying Maxwell just like he was destroying everybody else at the time.
all these comments in this thread have been replying to Swish's comment that everyone was scared to say anything to MJ when it wasn't true.
Thankfully, 90s were the best times. Just enough media to make you famous but not enough to keep bringing skeletons out of your closet.

MJ's extracurricular activities would be reported everyday if he played now. Camera phones plus social media and internet will mean that no parent will tell his child to be like mike. Horace grant himself said that he is thankful that camera phones weren't there in the 90s otherwise bulls would have caught some major shit.

Trollsmasher
05-10-2015, 02:53 PM
MJ stans taking heavy Ls in this thread:roll:

TheMan
05-10-2015, 02:59 PM
what does this even mean?

they asked jordan if he had a problem/wanted to throw down, and he walked away. accept it and move on. :oldlol:
It doesn't affect me on the least, you on the other won't even address the fact that Terry and Marion punked LeBron and called him a bitch, on the biggest stage. You're so shook you won't mention this at all (if you even answer). So let me ask you again, what is your opinion on the Terry/Marion punking of LeBron?

mehyaM24
05-10-2015, 03:03 PM
It doesn't affect me on the least

nobody asked about your feelings. under jordan fans line of thinking, did he punk out against parish/cartwright or not? simple question.

Basketbolero
05-10-2015, 03:16 PM
all these comments in this thread have been replying to Swish's comment that everyone was scared to say anything to MJ when it wasn't true.
Thankfully, 90s were the best times. Just enough media to make you famous but not enough to keep bringing skeletons out of your closet.

MJ's extracurricular activities would be reported everyday if he played now. Camera phones plus social media and internet will mean that no parent will tell his child to be like mike. Horace grant himself said that he is thankful that camera phones weren't there in the 90s otherwise bulls would have caught some major shit.
It works both ways though, today's mega-stars have media writing stuff about them everyday, som of that stuff is ridiculously made up to portray the athlete on a certain way that will appeal the public. It makes the sport more popular I guess but sports personalities are disappointing for the most part so the more you know about them the more you hate them/ don't care about them, unless you are some obsessed fan like pauk, 3ball or Lebron23.

Rose'sACL
05-10-2015, 03:19 PM
It works both ways though, today's mega-stars have media writing stuff about them everyday. The aim is to create content, good or bad, that people will read. It makes the sport more popular I guess but sports personalities are disappointing for the most part so the more you know about them the more you hate them/ don't care about them, unless you are some obsessed fan like pauk, 3ball or Lebron23.
most sports stars don't have much good going on off the court so it is not a good thing that internet has so many independent voices that are not scared to write stuff unlike TV and newspaper reporters which can be pressured to say somethings they don't want to.

TheMan
05-10-2015, 03:19 PM
nobody asked about your feelings. under jordan fans line of thinking, did he punk out against parish/cartwright or not? simple question.
There you go, didn't even touch the Marion/Terry/James incident :oldlol:

I'll just use your same tactic and ignore shit (even though I don't really care but you're not actually interested in a intellectually honest back and forth since you're so shook)

mehyaM24
05-10-2015, 03:21 PM
There you go, didn't even touch the Marion/Terry/James incident :oldlol:

I'll just use your same tactic and ignore shit (even though I don't really care but since you're not interested in a intellectually honest back and forth since you're so shook)
first of all, i originally brought up jordan to counter what some of your ilk thought was "beta".

so i'll ask again: under your line of thinking, does jordan backing away from 2 fights in practice, with no cameras, not constitute as bitching out?

just answer the question lol

TheMan
05-10-2015, 03:44 PM
first of all, i originally brought up jordan to counter what some of your ilk thought was "beta".

so i'll ask again: under your line of thinking, does jordan backing away from 2 fights in practice, with no cameras, not constitute as bitching out?

just answer the question lol
I have never said that MJ had everyone in the league scared though :confusedshrug:

All I've said on this matter is that MJ has never BEEN PUNKED IN A HIGH PROFILE GAME LIKE LEBRON WAS IN 2011, where he let two role players talk shit to his face.

Look at my previous posts, I know there were plenty of dudes who got in MJ's face, I saw those games :confusedshrug:

You mix something that happened behind closed doors (I've never critisized LBJ on anything he's done in private, nor any other player in fact because it's hear say) with what happens in game. I only focus on their on court performance.

Whatever, keep LeStanning :lol

mehyaM24
05-10-2015, 03:53 PM
I have never said that MJ had everyone in the league scared though :confusedshrug:

All I've said on this matter is that MJ has never BEEN PUNKED IN A HIGH PROFILE GAME LIKE LEBRON WAS IN 2011, where he let two role players talk shit to his face.

Look at my previous posts, I know there were plenty of dudes who got in MJ's face, I saw those games :confusedshrug:

You mix something that happened behind closed doors (I've never critisized LBJ on anything he's done in private, nor any other player in fact because it's hear say) with what happens in game. I only focus on their on court performance.

so basically, you want to exploit all of lebron's short comings, but brush off and play coy to jordan's - as if what happened in practice is now private? this has been common knowledge for YEARS, so your point doesn't even make sense.

Whatever, keep LeStanning :lol
i find this ironic coming from a jordan mythologist & now apparently a master 'deflectionist'. :oldlol:

Simple Jack
05-10-2015, 04:12 PM
Why do people conveniently forget Jordan's game 5 in the 1989 ECF?

He had his very own "quit" game as well, yet you rarely, if ever, hear about it.

sdot_thadon
05-10-2015, 04:14 PM
Why do people conveniently forget Jordan's game 5 in the 1989 ECF?

He had his very own "quit" game as well, yet you rarely, if ever, hear about it.
Yeah started to post it too, but last time I did every one abandoned the thread. Mj isn't without his moments too fellas, just wasn't reported on an every step basis as a guy like lebron is today.

Lebron23
05-15-2015, 04:42 AM
Taj is a Witness.

TheMarkMadsen
05-15-2015, 04:43 AM
Taj is a Witness.

to his team losing a series while lebron shot 46% TS with 5 turnovers per game?

Lebron23
05-15-2015, 04:46 AM
to his team losing a series while lebron shot 46% TS with 5 turnovers per game?

A Win is a Win. Kobe only shoot 40% in the 2010 NBA Finals.

TheMarkMadsen
05-15-2015, 04:50 AM
A Win is a Win. Kobe only shoot 40% in the 2010 NBA Finals.

he actually shot 41%, 32% from 3 and 53% TS..

while Lebron.. 40%, 11% from 3 and 46% TS..

Lebron23
05-15-2015, 04:53 AM

Butler always played some good defense on LeBron. And the Bulls are the best defensive team in this year's playoffs.

J Shuttlesworth
05-15-2015, 04:57 AM

26/11/8 though

Not like it was a great series for LeBron scoring wise, but he handled the boards over the bulls frontcourt and made a lot of excellent passes. It's not as if Kobe's 2010 finals is statistically better though unless you're only counting TS

chazzy
05-15-2015, 08:10 AM
26/11/8 though

Not like it was a great series for LeBron scoring wise, but he handled the boards over the bulls frontcourt and made a lot of excellent passes. It's not as if Kobe's 2010 finals is statistically better though unless you're only counting TS
29/8/4 on 53 TS% vs 26/11/9 on 46 TS% and 5 TOs/g... nothing to really brag about

Butler always played some good defense on LeBron. And the Bulls are the best defensive team in this year's playoffs.
GS had the best defense in the league. Memphis, Washington, Atlanta, and Houston are all ranked higher as well.. Bulls were 11th

jbryan1984
05-15-2015, 08:13 AM
Total bs the league did not,suspend him but did suspend smith in Boston

Lebron23
05-15-2015, 01:49 PM
29/8/4 on 53 TS% vs 26/11/9 on 46 TS% and 5 TOs/g... nothing to really brag about

GS had the best defense in the league. Memphis, Washington, Atlanta, and Houston are all ranked higher as well.. Bulls were 11th

I am talking about the playoffs.

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/team/_/stat/defense-per-game/sort/avgPointsOpponent

http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/teamstats/_/sort/defensiveEff/order/false/seasontype/3

chazzy
05-15-2015, 05:11 PM
I am talking about the playoffs.

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/team/_/stat/defense-per-game/sort/avgPointsOpponent

http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/teamstats/_/sort/defensiveEff/order/false/seasontype/3
What do you mean playoffs? They played two series in the east. The Bucks are one of the worst offensive teams and put up BY FAR the worse offense in the first round

J Shuttlesworth
05-15-2015, 05:17 PM

Neither of those series are anything to brag about from what we've seen from Kobe/LeBron before, I'd agree. The Turnovers per game were pretty similar. Kobe had 3.9, Lebron 4.5

But I do think it's strange that the LeBron haters are acting like he was carried through the series, but say the opposite when Kobe puts up similar numbers in a finals series.

chazzy
05-15-2015, 05:20 PM
But I do think it's strange that the LeBron haters are acting like he was carried through the series, but say the opposite when Kobe puts up similar numbers in a finals series.
It goes both ways. It's even funnier because everyone talks about how scrub Lebron's cast always is, and he wins while playing like this and without Love and a healthy Kyrie.

J Shuttlesworth
05-15-2015, 05:22 PM
It goes both ways. It's even funnier because everyone talks about how scrub Lebron's cast always is, and he wins while playing like this and without Love and a healthy Kyrie.
:lol It's been a strange series. What you mentioned, and then the whole LeBron/Kobe efficiency argument being flipped over :roll: Just a strange couple weeks all around here. Although honestly, I've gotten pretty tired of all the Kobe/LeBron comparisons on here. Not sure how some of these guys constantly talk about it every time they come on here.

oh the horror
05-15-2015, 05:25 PM
Know how good Mike was?

Lebron James isn't the "greatest of his generation" ....

He's the "Michael Jordan of his generation"

If that comment doesn't tell you shit then I don't know what will