PDA

View Full Version : How are refs so blatantly helping the road team in playoff games?

konex
05-10-2015, 12:07 AM
Watching the end of the Cavs/Bulls and Warriors/Grizz, it was obvious to me that the refs were doing all they could to help the road team. I think rigging for league-favored teams is terrible but it's even more disgusting trying to do this on the road.

It was particularly impressive that Memphis withstood that rig-job

navy
05-10-2015, 12:09 AM
Yes because you are known for your insight into the game of basketball.

There is a difference between rigged and a bunch of bad calls that happen to the team you are rooting for. The refs are human. If they wanted to rig the game they would do it before the final quarter so that the result they want would actually happen. Or does that make too much sense?

RRR3
05-10-2015, 12:10 AM
Cavs-Bulls wasn't that bad. LeBron didn't get called for a few fouls that he should have been called for but other than that not too bad IMO. Bulls earned the win too.

Tonight I definitely thought refs favored GS in the 4th but admittedly I'm biased against GS.

konex
05-10-2015, 12:11 AM
I have no rooting interest in either series. Anyone who watched the 4th qtr of tonight's game and think it was called fair is blind

navy
05-10-2015, 12:15 AM
I have no rooting interest in either series. Anyone who watched the 4th qtr of tonight's game and think it was called fair is blind
Stop. What happened was that the Warriors got in the bonus early so any foul after that were non shooting resulted in free throws. Were some perhaps ticky tacky? Perhaps. These are highlighted more because they led to freethows. If there was no bonus and the same fouls were called they wouldnt be questioned. It's not like the Grizzlies dont play physical regardless.

AussieG
05-10-2015, 12:16 AM
I can't remember any FT's Grizz got in the last 8 mins of the game until the last minute when they were intentional.

Warriors got into the bonus early but would even get them when they'd miss and weren't going to get the rebound. There was a play with Tony Allen on the break and Iggy tried to foul him and it still wasn't called. I couldn't argue for or against any one call, and the stream was a bit blurry but there seemed a general trend of.. Warriors easily getting to the line, Grizzlies weren't going to get to the line no matter what.

Grizzlies made some dumb fouls as well. Didn't do themselves any favours, but usually you get a few on the other end.

AussieG
05-10-2015, 12:17 AM
Funniest thing was.. Warriors kept missing FT's.

RRR3
05-10-2015, 12:21 AM
Funniest thing was.. Warriors kept missing FT's.
http://ih0.redbubble.net/image.13813291.0812/sticker,375x360.u3.png

konex
05-10-2015, 05:21 AM
You don't think the Grizz getting in the penalty so fast was shady? Refs were calling fouls if they even looked at the offensive rebound on a miss. Just shameful and disturbing as an NBA fan IMO