PDA

View Full Version : Viince Carter is 25th on the NBA all-time scoring list

JohnnySic
05-10-2015, 07:30 AM
Only 24 players ever have scored more points than him. I find that amusing somehow.

Props to him. :applause:

$LakerGold
05-10-2015, 07:40 AM
Wow. #oldmanbasketball

That's amazing. Knowing how his game was in the past. I never really thought he'd reach top 25 in scoring. People would say that dunking was his life, age/time/injuries changed that anyway & went on to accomplish this.

Rake2204
05-10-2015, 09:56 AM
Trying to weigh things out... I think he'd scrape his way past Charles Barkley for 24th if he comes back next year - he's only about 200 points behind in that regard. He's 800 behind Allen Iverson which, for a guy who's accepted a super reduced role closing in on 40, may be a little bit of a tougher get.

Still, where ever he ends up, he may be there a while. Carmelo Anthony will likely bump him a spot (Anthony's currently at 20,000) but after that, there's really no active players in super striking distance. Edit: Dwyane Wade's at 19,000. He'll likely surpass as well.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/pts_career.html

kennethgriffin
05-10-2015, 09:58 AM
modern day adrien dantley

little impact, cancerous, bad attitude, loved then hated, better as a role player, great stat padder, forgiveness later on

soon to be HOF'r

HylianNightmare
05-10-2015, 09:59 AM
He's made quite a career

kennethgriffin
05-10-2015, 10:06 AM
as a canadian i'l never forgive him for setting back the raptors 10 years by tanking games/giving away plays/sacrificing his own stats in order to get traded for scraps

dude refused to dunk. dropped to like 14ppg and told apposing teams what the raptors were running each time up the floor..

a franchise 27ppg player in his prime traded for eric williams and aaron williams

dubeta
05-10-2015, 10:06 AM

little impact, cancerous, bad attitude, loved then hated, better as a role player, great stat padder, forgiveness later on

soon to be HOF'r

Would've still 3 peated with Shaq in place of Kobe

Spurs5Rings2014
05-10-2015, 11:07 AM

:lol

Charlie Sheen
05-10-2015, 11:14 AM
better as a role player

The way you wrote this...it's not even fair. You're discounting the bulk of his career because he made a successful transformation as he got older?

rknine15
05-10-2015, 11:16 AM
as a canadian i'l never forgive him for setting back the raptors 10 years by tanking games/giving away plays/sacrificing his own stats in order to get traded for scraps

dude refused to dunk. dropped to like 14ppg and told apposing teams what the raptors were running each time up the floor..

a franchise 27ppg player in his prime traded for eric williams and aaron williams
:facepalm

Dragonyeuw
05-10-2015, 11:31 AM
Dwyane Wade's at 19,000. He'll likely surpass as well.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/pts_career.html

Wade's 33 and close to 5,000 points behind him. This past season he played 62 games and scored just over 1300 points. I think that's the best we can expect from him at this point, and he'd need another 3 and a half seasons of at least that to match VC's current totals. I don't see him doing that.

Rake2204
05-10-2015, 11:50 AM
Wade's 33 and close to 5,000 points behind him. This past season he played 62 games and scored just over 1300 points. I think that's the best we can expect from him at this point, and he'd need another 3 and a half seasons of at least that to match VC's current totals. I don't see him doing that.Yeah I guess I was playing devil's advocate there. Thanks for the specific numbers. Didn't realize he was 33 and had no idea how many he scored this past year. If Wade doesn't pass him, then Carter may really be sitting in the Top 25 for a while. Bosh is at 16,000 and Durant's at 15,500. They're probably the next in line.

dubeta
05-10-2015, 12:01 PM
Yeah I guess I was playing devil's advocate there. Thanks for the specific numbers. Didn't realize he was 33 and had no idea how many he scored this past year. If Wade doesn't pass him, then Carter may really be sitting in the Top 25 for a while. Bosh is at 16,000 and Durant's at 15,500. They're probably the next in line.

Wade won't pass him, don't worry

DCL
05-10-2015, 12:10 PM
does toronto still hate him

Legends66NBA7
05-10-2015, 12:23 PM

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2-g_H6c3lNM

I'd say it's still somewhat mixed, but they probably buried the hatchet.

I haven't really had a problem with Vince for a while.

Magic 32
05-10-2015, 12:34 PM

http://i.imgur.com/XZJxeN1.gif

Papaya Petee
05-10-2015, 01:00 PM
Wade won't pass him, don't worry
Lebron will never match or pass Wade in rings, don't worry

BIG FURB
05-10-2015, 01:34 PM

As you can see there's a few losers like kenneth that can't let go. If you believe in Karma and shit like that, that's probably the reason their team still sucks even when they're "good". Too much negative energy in that fanbase. If you can't fully embrace and appreciate the best thing that ever happened to your franchise, you deserve a shitty franchise :confusedshrug:

Legends66NBA7
05-10-2015, 01:45 PM
As you can see there's a few losers like kenneth that can't let go. If you believe in Karma and shit like that, that's probably the reason their team still sucks even when they're "good". Too much negative energy in that fanbase. If you can't fully embrace and appreciate the best thing that ever happened to your franchise, you deserve a shitty franchise :confusedshrug:

The Raptors have had bad management for a long time. Embracing Vince (or even Chris Bosh) isnt going to change how badly they were run for years or even the fact they played poorly down the stretch this year. The fan base embraced the Raptors like nothing I've seen before the last 2 seasons and it didn't change the postseason drought.

Like I've said before, I don't have anything against Vince, I'm pretty neutral on him. The fan base does have a lot of negativity, but that has a lot to do with its other sports teams post 93, rather than just the Raptors and it's former players.

What can change is them drafting better, scouting better, adapt to modern era basketball schematics, and continue to develop young talent.

Taller than CP3
05-10-2015, 02:45 PM
That's only because he's been in the league for 25 years. All he needs to do is score 1;000 points every season and boom, he already has 25,000 points and is ranked Top 25 all time.

Done_And_Done
05-10-2015, 03:22 PM
I find it somewhat amusing that he's 6th all time in 3pointers made.

MiseryCityTexas
05-10-2015, 04:06 PM

soon to be HOF'r

probably in terms of attitude, but most definitely not in basketball skills. adrien was just an inside scorer, while vince was an athletic wingman.

Legends66NBA7
05-10-2015, 05:38 PM
I find it somewhat amusing that he's 6th all time in 3pointers made.

Why ?

He was already a 40% 3pt shooter by his 2nd season and over 37% his whole career , has made amazing 3 point game winners look effortlessly, and breaking 3 point records in the playoffs.

If anything, he could have been higher.