PDA

View Full Version : Teams Currently in Panic Mode

Foster5k
05-10-2015, 10:01 AM
1. Golden State Warriors - Warriors seemed destined to make it to the NBA Finals. Their rising star Stephen Curry had just won his first MVP award. The duo of Curry and Klay Thompson, known as the Splash Bros., were labeled the best shooting back court in the NBA and possibly of all time. However, after breezing past the Pelicans, in the first round, they're now down 2-1 to the Memphis Grizzlies. If the Warriors are Superman, the Grizzlies would be Kryptonite. The Grizzlies seem to have solved the Rubik's Cube puzzle which is the Golden State Warriors. This series is far from over, but the Warriors, in my opinion, are now in full panic mode.

2. Atlanta Hawks - During the regular season, this team was celebrated for its dominate record. Their coach, Mike Budenholzer, won this year's Coach of the Year award. Everything seemed to be going right for the Hawks. They appeared to be a legit contender for the NBA Championship and all its glory. Then, the wheels starting to fall off the wagon. Thabo Sefolosha, one of their key players, is injured during a police confrontation. Now, their down 2-1 to the Wizards, without their star player John Wall. Ironically, many people questioned the Hawks legitimacy as contenders. Some thought they were frauds all along. In game 3, Paul Pierce, known as the Truth, game winning shot just might have put the dagger in the Hawk's chest. Were the Hawks pretenders all along? As some would say, sometimes the truth hurts. As in the case, Paul Pierce's dagger shot.

3. Cleveland Cavaliers - A champion returning home. People celebrated all across Cleveland Ohio as their King announced his return in an epic letter. With the return, came new hope that LeBron James would finally make good on his promise to bring the Cavaliers a championship. With the addition of Kevin Love, J.R. Smith, and Timofey Mozgov, the Cleveland Cavaliers were fully loaded for a run at the thrown. However, during the Celtics round one series, Kevin Love gets injured and is out for the remainder of the playoffs. J.R. Smith goes J.R. Smith as gets himself suspended for the first two games of the Bulls series. The awakened former league MVP Derrick Rose emerges and hits a game winning three, to drop the Cavs 2-1 in the series. Now, King James is left picking up the pieces of a deflated team. The panic button has been pressed.

4. Houston Rockets - I'll make this short and sweet. They lost to the Clippers without Chris Paul. Panic mode has been reached.

ArbitraryWater
05-10-2015, 10:04 AM
http://giant.gfycat.com/FlickeringSickGemsbuck.gif

MP.Trey
05-10-2015, 10:09 AM
Aka the over-reaction thread.

ArbitraryWater
05-10-2015, 10:11 AM
Aka the over-reaction thread.

Nah man... the Warriors and Hawks are definitely in panic mode...

Rockets aren't really in panic mode, they're just outclassed, they probably know they have no chance themself.

daily
05-10-2015, 10:18 AM
Aka the over-reaction thread.Exactly

MP.Trey
05-10-2015, 10:45 AM
Nah man... the Warriors and Hawks are definitely in panic mode...

Rockets aren't really in panic mode, they're just outclassed, they probably know they have no chance themself.
Yet all they have to do is win one game and the series is right back where it started.

Mr Feeny
05-10-2015, 10:46 AM
http://giant.gfycat.com/FlickeringSickGemsbuck.gif

That was majestic, the other night. Jerome Boateng is a pretty good defender in his own right, and was made to look like a pub player there by Messi.

Bayern seemed to have control of the game in that first half hour of the second half and were in the ascendency. Then THAT happened. What can you do about that, except shake your head and laugh.

ArbitraryWater
05-10-2015, 10:49 AM
Yet all they have to do is win one game and the series is right back where it started.

yet if they don't their season is over, and if they don't win the next one, only NINE teams in NBA History have made it back from that point... Its just a first to win 4.

surely you panic, no?

ArbitraryWater
05-10-2015, 10:49 AM
That was majestic, the other night. Jerome Boateng is a pretty good defender in his own right, and was made to look like a pub player there by Messi.

Bayern seemed to have control of the game in that first half hour of the second half and were in the ascendency. Then THAT happened. What can you do about that, except shake your head and laugh.

actually, his other one came before that.. but yeah, looked like it was going down in a draw, then GOAT said **** this.

west_tip
05-10-2015, 10:50 AM
2. Hawks............. Some thought they were frauds all along. In game 3, Paul Pierce, known as the Truth, game winning three just might have put the dagger in the Hawk's chest. Were the Hawks pretenders all along? As some would say, sometimes the truth hurts. As in the case, Paul Pierce's dagger three.

I thought it was a two point field goal? :confusedshrug:

Foster5k
05-10-2015, 10:52 AM
I thought it was a two point field goal? :confusedshrug:
:D Proof reading for the win.

MP.Trey
05-10-2015, 10:54 AM
yet if they don't their season is over, and if they don't win the next one, only NINE teams in NBA History have made it back from that point... Its just a first to win 4.

surely you panic, no?
I panic when down 3-1. Not when down 2-1 with an opportunity to regain homecourt advantage. If you go into game 4 already in panic mode because of the repercussions IF you lose, then you are going to lose. Simple as that.

ArbitraryWater
05-10-2015, 10:56 AM
I panic when down 3-1. Not when down 2-1 with an opportunity to regain homecourt advantage. If you go into game 4 already in panic mode because of the repercussions IF you lose, then you are going to lose. Simple as that.

I think you taking "panic mode" too seriously then... one more loss and they're in the elimination game, not just that, a scenario in which only 9 (or 8) teams ever have come back from... they are one game away from this. Panic mode. They don't panic literally, but they're aware of the tight situation they're in.

MP.Trey
05-10-2015, 11:10 AM
I think you taking "panic mode" too seriously then... one more loss and they're in the elimination game, not just that, a scenario in which only 9 (or 8) teams ever have come back from... they are one game away from this. Panic mode. They don't panic literally, but they're aware of the tight situation they're in.
I believe you're not taking panic mode seriously enough. You need to have poise and confidence in these situations if you're expecting a W. If your team is panicking going into Game 4, then the series is already over and I don't see any of these series shaking out that way, should be 6-7 game series' all around. Panic mode is only reserved for when you lose, you go home games imo.

atljonesbro
05-10-2015, 11:11 AM
Teams aren't panicking cause they're down one game. I'd be willing to bet all of them but the rockets will win their series

ArbitraryWater
05-10-2015, 11:21 AM
I believe you're not taking panic mode seriously enough. You need to have poise and confidence in these situations if you're expecting a W. If your team is panicking going into Game 4, then the series is already over and I don't see any of these series shaking out that way, should be 6-7 game series' all around. Panic mode is only reserved for when you lose, you go home games imo.

Panic Mode isn't literally panicing.......... it should bring out the best in you, backs against the wall, you see what one is made of, and thats what we have here, down 1-2 in a game 4 on the road.
Don't you think 1-3 is a bit too late to be "panicing" ?