PDA

View Full Version : Oh look, another holiday to dry your pockets.

L.Kizzle
05-10-2015, 10:18 AM
These Hallmark Holidays are a trip.

The hell is mothers day a celebration of?
Is your moms birthday not enough?

knickballer
05-10-2015, 10:21 AM
Facts on Facts LKizzle. At my work there was some event where they were selling shitty overpriced books and other useless gadgets and people were buying that shit like candy. Like your mom is gonna have a use for that shit.

Next up Memorial Day weekend. Time to buy some new BBQ sets, patios and other outdoor decorations because the shit you bought two years ago is outdated.

SourSamCassell
05-10-2015, 10:23 AM
Agreed,

People think they 'deserve' it?

No

You don't deserve anything

Being a mother is not a job, it is a biological must,

A biological purpose.

LJJ
05-10-2015, 11:23 AM
Mother's day is about expensive gifts in the US? Here it's not really about money/consumerism.
Prepare a nice breakfast / lunch. Box of chocolates and flowers if you want to run wild with it. Hell, perhaps I would've gone to the cinema if it wasn't mother's day. I'm saving money compared to that.

DonDadda59
05-10-2015, 12:07 PM
Mother's day is about expensive gifts in the US?

Every 'holiday' is about expensive gifts in the capitalist paradise known as the United States. If you don't like it, then you can giiiiiit ouuuuut. :mad:

But seriously though, I'm tired of all these bullshit hallmark holidays. How are you gonna constantly disappoint and disrespect your mom 364, on leap years 365 days a year and then think some flowers on a random Sunday makes up for it?

iamgine
05-10-2015, 01:30 PM
It's okay. Money's just paper anyways.

Bandito
05-10-2015, 01:41 PM
Every 'holiday' is about expensive gifts in the capitalist paradise known as the United States. If you don't like it, then you can giiiiiit ouuuuut. :mad:

But seriously though, I'm tired of all these bullshit hallmark holidays. How are you gonna constantly disappoint and disrespect your mom 364, on leap years 365 days a year and then think some flowers on a random Sunday makes up for it?
Because women are stupid and they swallow this day up.

fiddy
05-10-2015, 01:45 PM
may 10th? Murrica backwards again, mothers day is on the 8th of March

Hittin_Shots
05-10-2015, 01:45 PM
I usually use a clothesline.

Rake2204
05-10-2015, 01:46 PM
I usually try not to be too cynical, but seeing the Hallmark card section at the grocery swallowed up with men scrambling for Mother's Day cards yesterday was a little much. Sometimes I think the presence of a card outweighs the emotions shown or attached.

Whoever helped develop the greeting card industry seemed to do it right, because in many instances, those cards seem to be an expected necessity as opposed to a extra bonus legitimately trying to show a form of appreciation.

sundizz
05-10-2015, 01:49 PM
Yeah, i'm really sick of it. Everyone posting pics of them and their mom on facebook - people just trying to show off their "perfect" life. It's not at all about true appreciation these days, just self gratification that you are doing stuff the right way.

I wish we could skip all these holidays and package them into 2 weeks of paid time off called "Family Paid Time Off" that you could only take if you spent it doing something together with family.

Hittin_Shots
05-10-2015, 01:49 PM
may 10th? Murrica backwards again, mothers day is on the 8th of March

Your 8th of March is more likely the backwards ass date.

oh the horror
05-10-2015, 02:25 PM
I usually try not to be too cynical, but seeing the Hallmark card section at the grocery swallowed up with men scrambling for Mother's Day cards yesterday was a little much. Sometimes I think the presence of a card outweighs the emotions shown or attached.

Whoever helped develop the greeting card industry seemed to do it right, because in many instances, those cards seem to be an expected necessity as opposed to a extra bonus legitimately trying to show a form of appreciation.

Have you seen the prices on some of those cards too? 5 bucks for a CARD is ridiculous.

My mother has Feb (Valentine's Day is a woman's holiday, let's face it)...March (birthday month) and then Mother's Day in May. She cleans up.

fiddy
05-10-2015, 02:28 PM
Your 8th of March is more likely the backwards ass date.
ok

Hittin_Shots
05-10-2015, 02:29 PM
ok

Not saying America is backwards on other things though.

bdreason
05-10-2015, 02:51 PM
I don't see anything wrong with having one day a year dedicated to mothers. You don't have to spend money. In fact, I'm sure most mothers would just appreciate your time and maybe a thank you.

~primetime~
05-10-2015, 03:25 PM
Being a good mother is much more deserving of attention than the date you were born on imo

Most have a mother but not everyone had a good mother. Good mothers deserve some appreciation.