PDA

View Full Version : If Silver truly wants to improve the officiating, he can't just improve transparency

JerrySeinfeld
05-10-2015, 05:48 PM
He has got to get the same cast of corrupt officials out of the postseason.

Literally everyone I talk to has zero idea how or why Joey Crawford has officiated in the finals for 30 straight years, but he's well on his way to officiating this year.

Scott Foster is always in the mix, officiating the Bulls/Cavs game right now despite being the only other official investigated in the Donaghy scandal for exchanging hundreds of calls with Donaghy before either would officiate a game.

Dan Crawford is ****ing awful, he has clear biases against certain teams (Mavs are a clear example of this) and won't even hide his rigging half the time

I like a lot of the shit Silver has done to improve the transparency of the officiating in this sport, but he has got to get rid of these corrupt officials who go into playoff games knowing how to take them over because of the long history they have of rigging under Stern.

Lensanity
05-10-2015, 05:55 PM
Firing Joey Crawford would be MASSIVE for the NBAs reputation. Would literally be the most positive impact decision of Silvers career. Seriously.

JerrySeinfeld
05-10-2015, 05:57 PM
Firing Joey Crawford would be MASSIVE for the NBAs reputation. Would literally be the most positive impact decision of Silvers career. Seriously.

It's just hilarious how in the NBA the better officials are in the regular season.

It's always been that way.

JerrySeinfeld
05-11-2015, 04:03 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNktjtiSdM4

:roll: :roll: :roll:

24-Inch_Chrome
05-11-2015, 04:05 PM
"Literally everyone I talk to" :roll:

JerrySeinfeld
05-11-2015, 04:06 PM
"Literally everyone I talk to" :roll:

you'd be surprised how many nikkas know the name Joey Crawford.

knicksman
05-11-2015, 08:10 PM
they were corrupt because of stern. Thats because the strategy of stern is to create another jordan. Theres a reason why kobe/oneal were gifted alot of rigjobs same with bran. Wade too has 1.

Rose'sACL
05-11-2015, 08:13 PM
Keep in mind that OP is an OKC fan and has problem with officiating.

NZStreetBaller
05-11-2015, 08:19 PM
Put fukin microphones on the refs. And online referee voting so the fans can choose. Theyll probably just rig the voting.

gts
05-11-2015, 08:23 PM
"Literally everyone I talk to" :roll: :lol

Cocaine80s
05-11-2015, 08:23 PM
Op you've been melting down hard the past week

This is like your 15th thread about Lebron and the Cavs

poido123
05-11-2015, 08:25 PM
Isn't there a few refs who are still officiating that Donaghy mentioned in match fixing allegations?

Dick Bavetta is now retired, he was one of the old crooks, but there are a few more. Joey being one of them.

ISHGoat
05-11-2015, 08:27 PM
I agree with OP for once, I have no idea why guys like joey crawford are allowed to officiate

Haymaker
05-11-2015, 08:28 PM
I think the best move would be to use FIBA referees. Obviously, trained in NBA rules.