PDA

View Full Version : That shot was way better than Jordan over Ehlo

tmacattack33
05-10-2015, 06:21 PM
1. The Ehlo shot was in the first round (which I actually heard about a week ago in a thread on here...with the crazy amount of times that gets replayed, I and many others believed that that shot was at least in the 2nd or 3rd round).

2. Jimmy Butler is a better defender than Ehlo

3. Lebron's whole team was hurt today, and he himself was hobbled from a previous play in the 3rd quarter.

4. He only had 1.5 seconds to work with. Jordan had about 3-4 sec I believe

5. The Bulls did not win the Finals that year...that shot was in 1989, not 1990 or 1991 like some people think.

Shoutout to this thread: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=375391 for enllightening me on this largely over-rated shot that has gained more fame for the great camera-work and reactions of MJ and Ehlo more-so than the importance of the shot itself.

Asukal
05-10-2015, 06:23 PM
The shot was a series winning shot as the underdog. This ties the series 2-2 against the underdog. GTFO with this nonsense. :facepalm :whatever:

ArbitraryWater
05-10-2015, 06:24 PM
well no shit

raprap
05-10-2015, 06:24 PM
Too bad mike breen sucks.

livinglegend
05-10-2015, 06:27 PM
The shot was a series winning shot as the underdog. This ties the series 2-2 against the underdog. GTFO with this nonsense. :facepalm :whatever:
Cavs without love and irving are the underdogs

tmacattack33
05-10-2015, 06:27 PM

1st round bro.

MJ fans always laugh at Lebron's 9-0 (or whatever it is) first round record, but now you are trying to say the first round is indeed quite meaningful.

MJ fans are the biggest hypocrits trying to prop up their hero.

:roll:

Meticode
05-10-2015, 06:29 PM
The original poster showing lots of ignorance here. That's all I'll say.

Dr Hawk
05-10-2015, 06:31 PM

Not to talk about how he had to avoid Ehlo's hand when he was already in the air.

Butler might be a better defender than Ehlo, I don't care about that. Ehlo defended Jordan better in this play than Butler LeBron

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5WUOnTxwPw

Jordan's shot was tougher

Asukal
05-10-2015, 06:33 PM
1st round bro.

MJ fans always laugh at Lebron's 9-0 (or whatever it is) first round record, but now you are trying to say the first round is indeed quite meaningful.

What round is it now? Last time I checked its not even the ECF yet... :rolleyes:

2-2 and stans are overreacting. Reminds me of lebaldo's meaningless buzzer beater against orlando back in who knows when. :whatever:

Young X
05-10-2015, 06:37 PM
MJ's was a series winner in an elimination game and his team was down by 1. He misses that shot and the Bulls lose the series. If Bron missed that shot the Cavs still had OT to fall back on.

Trollsmasher
05-10-2015, 06:38 PM
basically every postseason buzzer better ever made was better than "The Shot"

J Shuttlesworth
05-10-2015, 07:00 PM
"The Ankle Game"
"The Shot"

LeBron just making history year after year :applause:

Sumter15
05-10-2015, 07:05 PM
I disagree for the simple reason that if Jordan misses the shot, they lose the series. On a related note, the Cavs have not won yet. This shot means much less if Chicago goes on to win the series.

Sarcastic
05-10-2015, 07:16 PM
1st round bro.

It's actually Bran Stans that always make a big deal of the first round. Always say how Jordan is 1-9 without Pip, LeBron never lost in round 1.

Now here you are trying to diminish it :coleman:

tmacattack33
05-10-2015, 07:20 PM
That Ehlo shot is pretty overrated. It was a good TV moment though, because of what MJ did afterwards, pumping his fists and stuff. It shows the emotion of the game. The camera man also got a good shot of the shot and reaction.

As far as important shots go, this shot and many others were more impressive and meaningful.

KiiiiNG
05-10-2015, 07:23 PM
mj's level of difficulty was much higher than brons...

this isn't even the best shot this series. :facepalm

Sarcastic
05-10-2015, 07:25 PM
If Bran misses, they go to overtime. If Jordan misses, they lose the series.

MJ > Bran in all things including the shots

tmacattack33
05-10-2015, 07:26 PM
The words "way better" in the title are obviously hypeberole, but this shot was indeed better.

sportjames23
05-10-2015, 07:26 PM

Thank you. I swear, these young fggts get caught up in the moment.

Ca$H
05-10-2015, 07:27 PM
I have a vestigial micropenis

:biggums:

sportjames23
05-10-2015, 07:28 PM
The words "way better" in the title are obviously hypeberole, but this shot was indeed better.

Hyperbole or not, it was still a dumbass statement.

Miss and go home for the summer, or miss and go to OT--which one was more impressive?

FOH

tmacattack33
05-10-2015, 07:28 PM

If MJ made it, the Bulls went to the second round, as a team with little hope to go to the Finals. And in the end, they indeed failed to make the Finals.

If Lebron makes it, Cleveland stays alive and likely will get to the Finals.

Thanks for reminding me of another reason in which this shot was better.

T_L_P
05-10-2015, 07:29 PM

Not to mention Jordan's was better aesthetically.

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Michael-Jordan-The-Shot-Over-Craig-Ehlo.gif

Double-clutch, just getting the shot off in time. The crowd is absolutely silenced, Jordan is given a few seconds to celebrate on his own like an alpha. The jumping fist pumps. :bowdown:

Not hating on Bron's shot. Historic shit right there. But Jordan's shot lives in infamy.

Sarcastic
05-10-2015, 07:32 PM
If MJ made it, the Bulls went to the second round, as a team with little hope to go to the Finals. And in the end, they indeed failed to make the Finals.

Maybe you're onto something. Another finals loss for Bran will be hysterical.

tmacattack33
05-10-2015, 07:33 PM
Hyperbole or not, it was still a dumbass statement.

Miss and go home for the summer, or miss and go to OT--which one was more impressive?

FOH

I didn't make the post saying that the words "way better" because of anything any MJ stan said in this thread, it was just something that I saw that needed to be said.

Sorry, you're argument of miss and go home does not trump my arguments of this Lebron shot being:

1. In a higher round

2. Less time on the clock

3. Over a better defender

4. Coming after Lebron injured himself in the third quarter

5. More important, since the Bulls didn't get to the Finals and the Cavs will (feel free to bump this thread back up if they don't)

KiiiiNG
05-10-2015, 07:52 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AOE9Gpv6Ho

how can anyone watch this and say lebrons is "way better" .... doesn't make sense to me

look how hard jordan works to get open and then once he gets the ball he stops on a dime and double clutches in the air.. the degree of difficulty is off the charts

some of you dudes are legitimately retarded, always getting caught up in the heat of the moment

KevinNYC
05-10-2015, 07:58 PM
Not to mention Jordan's was better aesthetically.

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Michael-Jordan-The-Shot-Over-Craig-Ehlo.gif

Double-clutch, just getting the shot off in time. The crowd is absolutely silenced, Jordan is given a few seconds to celebrate on his own like an alpha. The jumping fist pumps. :bowdown:

Not hating on Bron's shot. Historic shit right there. But Jordan's shot lives in infamy.
Infamy is for when you miss the series winning shot.

04mzwach
05-10-2015, 08:02 PM
This thread is a ban worthy offense

Hey Yo
05-10-2015, 08:03 PM
MJ's shot was on MUCH fresher legs just trying to get past the first round for the first time ever!

LeBron's shot was in the second round of the postseason in his quest to get to his 5th straight Finals appearance!!

TheMan
05-10-2015, 08:22 PM
The original poster showing lots of ignorance here. That's all I'll say.
This

Cavs fans are great :cheers:

We've had our share of battles, we've won some and we've lost some, but there's always been respect between both fanbases. It's the idiot LeStans that fvck shit up like the OP and his retarded brethren :lol

These are the same gang of morons who just last season were "Heat" fans. That alone makes me glad Bron didn't choose Chicago in '10. They drag a whole fanbase's IQ by at least 100 points.

KG215
05-10-2015, 08:27 PM

If only they had to go through the Bad Boy Pistons instead of the, once again, free pass they're getting to the Finals. Hell, it's not too much of a leap to say the '89 Cavs were better than this year's Cavs.

Asukal
05-10-2015, 08:40 PM
LMAO at these f4gg0ts acting like getting to the 2nd round in today's eastern conference mean something.... :oldlol: :roll: :lol

Lebaldo basically gets a free pass to the finals every year playing in the shitty east. I do hope he gets to the finals again and lose so we can rub 2/6 to your faces f4gg0ts! :whatever:

Kvnzhangyay
05-10-2015, 08:45 PM
LMAO at these f4gg0ts acting like getting to the 2nd round in today's eastern conference mean something.... :oldlol: :roll: :lol

Lebaldo basically gets a free pass to the finals every year playing in the shitty east. I do hope he gets to the finals again and lose so we can rub 2/6 to your faces f4gg0ts! :whatever:

So he's supposed to just miss the shot and not let it go in, because it doesn't "mean anything" ??

On another note, both Jordan and Lebron now have 3 playoff buzzer beaters :cheers:

Asukal
05-10-2015, 08:48 PM
So he's supposed to just miss the shot and not let it go in, because it doesn't "mean anything" ??

On another note, both Jordan and Lebron now have 3 playoff buzzer beaters :cheers:

You obviously haven't read from post 1 or your reading comprehension is non existent. :facepalm

Kvnzhangyay
05-10-2015, 08:50 PM
You obviously haven't read from post 1 or your reading comprehension is non existent. :facepalm

Care to explain for me then? :lol

Asukal
05-10-2015, 08:52 PM
Care to explain for me then? :lol

:biggums:

Taller than CP3
05-10-2015, 08:58 PM
It will be just another forgotten performance, much like Lebron's buzzer beater against the Magic.

After this season is over, Lebron will be remembered for going 2/6, not his buzzer beater against the Bulls.

jstern
05-10-2015, 08:58 PM
I hate threads like this. All based on the randomness of stuff and not anything of substance. "Oh this shot was better because the Jordan shot is famous because he pumped his fist in the air." "Oh this shot was better because it's in the second round, so Jordan had fresher legs." "3 to 4 seconds."

It's literally like a 11 year old trying to one up, coming up with random things to win, when arguing about something they only heard about.

3ball
05-10-2015, 09:05 PM
It will be just another forgotten performance, much like Lebron's buzzer beater against the Magic.

After this season is over, Lebron will be remembered for going 2/6, not his buzzer beater against the Bulls.

Agreed - also, people don't realize that MJ put up GOAT stats against the 2nd-ranked defensive team in the league (44/6/8/52% FG), while Lebron is shooting 36% against the 11th-ranked defense.

Also, MJ had been guaranteeing victory for the entire series, despite being the heavy underdog - no player today has it like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIY_4vIxGEE&t=17m37s