PDA

View Full Version : Kenny clowns Deandre.

Spaulding
05-10-2015, 10:17 PM
Don't have video. But the guys on Inside the NBA were arguing about whether or not hack a player should be banned or not.

Mid argument Kenny walks over to the studios basketball hoop and sinks a 1 handed shot from free throw line. His point was along the lines....

"I'm a 50 year old guy in a suit making a 1 handed free throw. You are supposed to be a professional. Make your free throws."

Pretty funny.

Edit: https://vine.co/v/emITW3MxQJb

Best video I could find of him shooting it if anyone didnt catch the show.

lilteapot
05-10-2015, 10:19 PM
I'm so glad he said/did that. How do you not learn how to shoot free throws growing up playing basketball in HS/College?

L.Kizzle
05-10-2015, 10:20 PM
I'm so glad he said/did that. How do you not learn how to shoot free throws growing up playing basketball in HS/College?
He actually doesn't have bad form or anything, he's just not a good shooter.

outbreak
05-10-2015, 10:21 PM
A lot of them swear they shoot well in practice, Dwight and Shaq have both said/had others say they can hit free throws in practice just not in a game situation. I still think they should shoot underarm

Spurs5Rings2014
05-10-2015, 10:22 PM
A lot of them swear they shoot well in practice, Dwight and Shaq have both said/had others say they can hit free throws in practice just not in a game situation. I still think they should shoot underarm

So they're choking under the bright lights then.

outbreak
05-10-2015, 10:24 PM
So they're choking under the bright lights then.
Pretty much, in the shaq and dale doco shaq says it had to do with his fear of disappointing people and seeing everyones faces in the crowd used to put him off. Said something about it especially bothering him when he missed the first and could see his fans reacting poorly to it. As a professional though you'd think you'd be able to overcome that.

cranincu
05-10-2015, 10:28 PM
should get team psychologists to work out the mental softness

Spaulding
05-10-2015, 10:28 PM
Pretty much, in the shaq and dale doco shaq says it had to do with his fear of disappointing people and seeing everyones faces in the crowd used to put him off. Said something about it especially bothering him when he missed the first and could see his fans reacting poorly to it. As a professional though you'd think you'd be able to overcome that.

Wow. Didnt know this. Talk about a mind ****.

I agree though, as a pro you gotta get past all the distractions.

FreezingTsmoove
05-10-2015, 10:30 PM
DeAndre is an NBA CENTER. He has to work out and get stronger all the time. He is in the gym getting ripped. Its his job to be athletic and strong. He cant properly shoot free throws because he works out too much combined with his size. Seriously go hit the weights for one hour then try to shoot. Now imagine DJ who is in the gym all day every day working on his strength.

Rockets(T-mac)
05-10-2015, 10:49 PM
DeAndre is an NBA CENTER. He has to work out and get stronger all the time. He is in the gym getting ripped. Its his job to be athletic and strong. He cant properly shoot free throws because he works out too much combined with his size. Seriously go hit the weights for one hour then try to shoot. Now imagine DJ who is in the gym all day every day working on his strength.LOL. Yea cuz guys like Robinson, Mourning and Malone were also shooting 39% from the line right? Their strength held them down too.

Eric Cartman
05-10-2015, 11:20 PM
Funny thing is, aside from him, Clippers are the best ft shooting team in the league.

Redick, Crawford, Paul all hover around 90%.

inclinerator
05-10-2015, 11:20 PM
how did he make that it was impressive

MJistheGOAT
05-10-2015, 11:22 PM
True, it

enayes
05-10-2015, 11:23 PM
his hands are too big, go try and shoot free throws with a grapefruit and you will struggle to hit 5/10 from the line

Prime_Shaq
05-10-2015, 11:27 PM
Did not know that about Shaq, pretty interesting when you factor in how much he ****s with the other team's mental fortitude :lol

L.Kizzle
05-10-2015, 11:30 PM
[QUOTE=MJistheGOAT]True, it

MJistheGOAT
05-10-2015, 11:34 PM
Everyone can't dribble like Kyrie
Everyone can't shoot like Korver
Get rebounds like DeAndre
ect, ect, ect.

Im not saying he should shoot FT like Curry, but at least a decent %
It

JimmyMcAdocious
05-10-2015, 11:38 PM
.417? C'mon now. How is anyone making excuses for DJ? The next lowest in NBA history is .520 (min 1000). (http://www.si.com/nba/2015/02/26/deandre-jordan-worst-free-throw-shooter) ~42% is so far below the the next shittest free throw shooter that you can' group him with the other shit ones because of getting bulking, large hands, or whatever.

L.Kizzle
05-10-2015, 11:40 PM
[QUOTE=MJistheGOAT]Im not saying he should shoot FT like Curry, but at least a decent %
It

Harison
05-10-2015, 11:51 PM
his hands are too big, go try and shoot free throws with a grapefruit and you will struggle to hit 5/10 from the line

Easy, shoot granny style. It may not look "cool" but winning the games should be >>>> looks.

oarabbus
05-11-2015, 12:02 AM

That's like a dude saying he "usually doesn't have trouble getting it up" in bed. At the end of the day you're not doing work when it counts and making excuses as to why you're ****ing yourself.

TheBigVeto
05-11-2015, 12:23 AM
Hack a player should not be banned. It's the fault of the crappy free throw shooter. If you can't make over 50% you shouldn't be in the league.

bdreason
05-11-2015, 03:42 AM
If DeAndre shot FT's underhand, the Clippers would win the championship. They might win a title even with him shooting 30%.

How sad that a player chooses looking cool over winning titles. I wonder if these guys have ever practiced underhand. I have to assume they've tried in practice at least a few times.

iamgine
05-11-2015, 03:48 AM
If DeAndre shot FT's underhand, the Clippers would win the championship. They might win a title even with him shooting 30%.

How sad that a player chooses looking cool over winning titles. I wonder if these guys have ever practiced underhand. I have to assume they've tried in practice at least a few times.
Underhand is not that easy. I once practiced it for a month and my non-underhand FT was still better.

HomieWeMajor
05-11-2015, 03:53 AM
Kenny is a very cocky person but looking at his wife and daughter he must have breeded some A+ talent in his day so I guess it's justified.

kshutts1
05-11-2015, 11:52 AM
Hack a player should not be banned. It's the fault of the crappy free throw shooter. If you can't make over 50% you shouldn't be in the league.
Hack a player IS banned. Just not enforced. That's my single least favorite part about this whole "issue". No one wants to point out the fact that a player literally slapping another player on the back and chest, while literally staring/yelling at the ref to get his attention, is not a "basketball play" and is thus a flagrant foul.

Call that play probably once, and there will be huge back-lash. Call it twice? Intentional fouls are done happening.

Chadwin
05-11-2015, 11:57 AM

should have had fans come to practice (or pay them to) to simulate in game situations

Chadwin
05-11-2015, 11:59 AM

They likely never had to as post players. Guys get into the NBA these days on mostly athleticism and size.

jzek
05-11-2015, 12:00 PM
How do you not learn how to shoot free throws growing up playing basketball in HS/College?

You ever see kids at the park? They don't care about FTs or making a jump shot. All they care about is making a killer cross over or an amazing dunk.

Spurs5Rings2014
05-11-2015, 01:21 PM
Kenny is a very cocky person but looking at his wife and daughter he must have breeded some A+ talent in his day so I guess it's justified.

:oldlol:

ILLsmak
05-11-2015, 01:29 PM
Underhand is not that easy. I once practiced it for a month and my non-underhand FT was still better.

You have to spin it and kind of lay it on the rim. So that it should never come off as hard as a regular shot. Less margin for error. It's mainly meant to negate the hand-size thing, or the fatigue. I think those super strong guys, once they get fatigued, can't hit FTs. And there's also a mental issue.

They should shoot underhanded is absolutely a compelling argument for combating hack-a... but I don't think that practicing regular form will work.

-Smak

scm5
05-11-2015, 01:34 PM
Didn't Sasha Vujacic disprove the big hands theory on Sports Science or something by putting on gloves that mimicked having large hands and hit his FT's like nothing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFhS5F7ubJs

Okay I found it and it's ridiculous. They put fake hands on him, put him on stilts, and blind folded his ass and he still drained the FT's like nothing.

Spaulding
05-11-2015, 01:39 PM
Added best video I could find of Kenny shooting the other night.

https://vine.co/v/emITW3MxQJb

kshutts1
05-11-2015, 01:47 PM
Didn't Sasha Vujacic disprove the big hands theory on Sports Science or something by putting on gloves that mimicked having large hands and hit his FT's like nothing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFhS5F7ubJs

Okay I found it and it's ridiculous. They put fake hands on him, put him on stilts, and blind folded his ass and he still drained the FT's like nothing.
Exactly. Some people can shoot, and some can't. It's really that simple.

Nuff Said
05-11-2015, 02:33 PM
There's a reason why most centers can't shoot threes. It's just not something they've worked on. The shorter you are, the more emphasis you place on shooting.

IncarceratedBob
05-11-2015, 02:36 PM
Deandres fingers average 10.5 inches in length. It's impossible to shoot well with hands that big.

inclinerator
05-11-2015, 02:40 PM
Deandres fingers average 10.5 inches in length. It's impossible to shoot well with hands that big.
that's not t he problem, every1 keeps saying these centers shoot 80 percent in practice, there must be something else going on

GimmeThat
05-11-2015, 02:43 PM
Larry Bird and Dirk dont really use a whole lot of lower body with their shots.

There was this baseball player who's hitting technique was soo off, that his batting coach suggested him to start his batting position from bunting.

gyu
05-11-2015, 02:55 PM
Yao Ming was a 85% + free throw shooter.

The reality is, most american born big men rely on their athleticism to get by while foreign big men actually develop their skills.

kamil
05-11-2015, 03:03 PM

No excuses. IDGAF what the 'problem' is. Make your phukkin free-throws. Adapt or just admit that youre lazy.

Spaulding
05-11-2015, 03:36 PM

Has to be a joke.

Bill Russel, Kawhi Leonard, Michael Jordan and Wilt Chamberlain all had large as or larger hands. Shot just fine.

QuebecBaller
05-11-2015, 03:38 PM
There's a reason why most centers can't shoot threes. It's just not something they've worked on. The shorter you are, the more emphasis you place on shooting.

http://www.geeksandcleats.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/spencer-hawes-geeksandcleats.jpg