PDA

View Full Version : CP3s impact...........

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
05-10-2015, 11:07 PM
is massive...........yea Clips won a game w/o him, they also lost one. In both games CP played Clips were up at least 30+ pts in both...........hes the most complete player looking at offense and defense. Best passer/playmaker, arguably best defender in his position (only healthy Rubio and maybe Bledsoe is better), great rebounder for 5'11, great shooter (best midrange shot by far this season), great in halfcourt (unlike Curry, Bran, Hardon) AND fullcourt, elite handles etc. REAL MVP got robbed hard

the_troof
05-10-2015, 11:10 PM
I agree
Curry is one dimensional... If all paul had to worry about was jacking 3's and passing to his stacked team, he'd be putting up monster #'s too
All hail point god :bowdown:

Lensanity
05-10-2015, 11:11 PM
Still only about half as great of an impact as prime Nash tbh

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
05-10-2015, 11:12 PM
Still only about half as great of an impact as prime Nash tbh
CP has at least 5 seasons better than Nashs best TBH
u cant put one of the worst defenders of all time against CP:lol :lol

inclinerator
05-10-2015, 11:14 PM
cp3 is the greatest short player i have ever seen

Graviton
05-10-2015, 11:15 PM
CP3 - Point God
Westbrook - Point Godzilla

Curry - Point Fraud

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
05-10-2015, 11:16 PM
CP3 - Point God

Curry - Point Fraud
:applause: :applause:
Walls a better PG than Steph too, but Stephs shooting/scoring advantage is massive.............

Graviton
05-10-2015, 11:18 PM
:applause: :applause:
Walls a better PG than Steph too, but Stephs shooting/scoring advantage is massive.............
I still remember that Westbrook game winner vs Wall this season, he totally destroyed him while poor John had 2 airballs in the 4th quarter. :lol

Paul/WB are on another level.

Lensanity
05-10-2015, 11:19 PM

https://turnernbahangtime.files.wordpress.com/2014/10/20141024_nash.gif

I'm a big CP3 fan but GTFO

red1
05-10-2015, 11:22 PM
Point guard defensive impact is beyond overrated. Nash=CP3

Hamtaro CP3KDKG

He had the best talent in the league, a GOAT offensive coach and constantly underperformed in the playoffs. How do u not make it to finals w/ prime Stat, Marion:roll: :roll:

plus y do Nash fans always just focus on offense. Defense isnt an ***** its half the game and Nash is one of the worst ever at it

inclinerator

it doesnt matter what happens in the rs, it's all about the playoffs

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
05-10-2015, 11:23 PM
Point guard defensive impact is beyond overrated. Nash=CP3
Phoenix never had trouble scoring in the playoffs, defense was the problem and guards often would light them up. Yup lets give Nash no blame:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

TheMarkMadsen
05-10-2015, 11:24 PM
his team is up 3-1 and he's played a total 48 minutes in the series, when he's played he's played great.. but this team has really picked it up without him being 100%.. they almost won 2 games on the road without him

red1
05-10-2015, 11:25 PM
He had the best talent in the league, a GOAT offensive coach and constantly underperformed in the playoffs. How do u not make it to finals w/ prime Stat, Marion:roll: :roll:

plus y do Nash fans always just focus on offense. Defense isnt an ***** its half the game and Nash is one of the worst ever at it
:facepalm This post would make sense IF he WASN'T a good playoff performer.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
05-10-2015, 11:25 PM
his team is up 3-1 and he's played a total 48 minutes in the series, when he's played he's played great.. but this team has really picked it up without him being 100%.. they almost won 2 games on the road without him
they split series 1-1, CP played a total of 48 b/c the Clips were up over 30pts both games he was on and he didnt have to play more

Lensanity
05-10-2015, 11:28 PM

If that is true then why did the offense COLLAPSE every single time 6th Man of the Year Leandro Barbosa checked in for him? I'm talking every single time. I've never seen anything like it.

Underperformed in the playoffs? :lol GTFO. His numbers went up dramatically in the playoffs. Do some research before you say stupid shit like that.

You don't make it to the finals with prime stat and Marion when Stat misses an entire season and the refs and NBA rig a series against San Antionio in 2007 (Even Tim Donaghy said the Suns were the real 2007 champions)

And Point Guard defense is hands down less important than any other position, especially in that era where there wasn't as much spacing as today. Plus, Nash's defense was nowhere near as bad as everyone said it was. It was a reputation that everyone took too far. I guarantee you that if he was a black American instead of a white Canadian then nobody would even talk about his defense.

You know nothing about basketball. Hold this L.

knicksman
05-10-2015, 11:29 PM

LOL thats because they sacrificed defense for offense. give cp3 the spacing that suns have and he will run the same offense.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
05-10-2015, 11:32 PM
If that is true then why did the offense COLLAPSE every single time 6th Man of the Year Leandro Barbosa checked in for him? I'm talking every single time. I've never seen anything like it.

Underperformed in the playoffs? :lol GTFO. His numbers went up dramatically in the playoffs. Do some research before you say stupid shit like that.

You don't make it to the finals with prime stat and Marion when Stat misses an entire season and the refs and NBA rig a series against San Antionio in 2007 (Even Tim Donaghy said the Suns were the real 2007 champions)

And Point Guard defense is hands down less important than any other position, especially in that era where there wasn't as much spacing as today. Plus, Nash's defense was nowhere near as bad as everyone said it was. It was a reputation that everyone took too far. I guarantee you that if he was a black American instead of a white Canadian then nobody would even talk about his defense.

You know nothing about basketball. Hold this L.
Nashs defense was AWFUL stop defending it. Its not b/c hes white u whitebois always play that card i think a healthy Rubio is arguably the best defender among PGs and hes white. Just stop Nash is one of the worst defenders ever and Phoenix never had trouble scoring since they played their bigs out of position to inflate their offense (Marion @ 4, Stat @5). And their perimeter defense despite elite defenders like Raja and Matrix was always a problem BC of Nash. They were often the worst perimeter D in the playoffs. CP would easily produce same results with such lineup and play ALLWORLD defense.

FOHhttp://www.thecoli.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/camby.png

TheMarkMadsen
05-10-2015, 11:33 PM
they split series 1-1, CP played a total of 48 b/c the Clips were up over 30pts both games he was on and he didnt have to play more

exactly he only played 22 minutes in game 3 and his team still won easily..

red1
05-10-2015, 11:33 PM
What I don't understand is how a cp3 fan can talk shit about nash for not winning championships. What has cp done that is so impressive?

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
05-10-2015, 11:34 PM
exactly he only played 22 minutes in game 3 and his team still won easily..
Due to his play........they dont win easily without him

Lensanity
05-10-2015, 11:34 PM
Nash is such a terrible Playoff performer.....

2004-05: 23.9 PPG, 11.3 APG, 4.8 RPG, 52% FG, 39% 3PT, 92% FT

2006-2007: 18.9 PPG, 13.3 APG, 3.2 RPG, 46% FG, 48.7% 3PT, 89% FT

Lensanity
05-10-2015, 11:39 PM
Nashs defense was AWFUL stop defending it. Its not b/c hes white u whitebois always play that card i think a healthy Rubio is arguably the best defender among PGs and hes white. Just stop Nash is one of the worst defenders ever and Phoenix never had trouble scoring since they played their bigs out of position to inflate their offense (Marion @ 4, Stat @5). And their perimeter defense despite elite defenders like Raja and Matrix was always a problem BC of Nash. They were often the worst perimeter D in the playoffs. CP would easily produce same results with such lineup and play ALLWORLD defense.

FOHhttp://www.thecoli.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/camby.png

His defensive reputation was awful, but his actual defense was not as bad as his reputation. Below average defender at the least important defensive position and literally the great offensive impact of any player in NBA history.

Again, I really like CP3 and always have. I've always defended him despite people bashing him for failing in the playoffs. However, his impact is simply not comparable to Nash. There will never be another player that gets subbed out for a 6MOY only to have the offense consistency COLLAPSE!

#1 ranked offense for 9 years in a row. There is not a single player in NBA history other than Nash that is capable of this. Nobody will ever accomplish this ever again. That is RIDICULOUS.

TheMarkMadsen
05-10-2015, 11:39 PM
Due to his play........they dont win easily without him

they literally already have in this series :biggums: :biggums:

knicksman
05-10-2015, 11:41 PM
What I don't understand is how a cp3 fan can talk shit about nash for not winning championships. What has cp done that is so impressive?

beat nashs team at a young age. NO in 2008>>suns in 2008

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
05-10-2015, 11:43 PM
His defensive reputation was awful, but his actual defense was not as bad as his reputation. Below average defender at the least important defensive position and literally the great offensive impact of any player in NBA history.

Again, I really like CP3 and always have. I've always defended him despite people bashing him for failing in the playoffs. However, his impact is simply not comparable to Nash. There will never be another player that gets subbed out for a 6MOY only to have the offense consistency COLLAPSE!

#1 ranked offense for 9 years in a row. There is not a single player in NBA history other than Nash that is capable of this. Nobody will ever accomplish this ever again. That is RIDICULOUS.
He had prime Dirk for the Mavs players (whos better offensively than Nash). Then they played a SF at 4 and PF at 5. CP would EASILY do the same, hes had the best offense 2 years straight starting Barnes and Deandre Jordan:roll: :roll: :roll:

and no youre just lying to urself about Nashs defense to make u feel better. Ask any knowledgeable basketball fan if Nashs defense isnt a big deal b/c hes a PG what a joke of an excuse:oldlol: :oldlol:DEREK FCKING FISHER HAD 20PT GAMES AGAINST HIM :oldlol: FOH!!!!!!!:roll: :roll: :roll:

Lensanity
05-10-2015, 11:48 PM
He had prime Dirk for the Mavs players (whos better offensively than Nash). Then they played a SF at 4 and PF at 5. CP would EASILY do the same, hes had the best offense 2 years straight starting Barnes and Deandre Jordan:roll: :roll: :roll:

and no youre just lying to urself about Nashs defense to make u feel better. Ask any knowledgeable basketball fan if Nashs defense isnt a big deal b/c hes a PG what a joke of an excuse:oldlol: :oldlol:DEREK FCKING FISHER HAD 20PT GAMES AGAINST HIM :oldlol: FOH!!!!!!!:roll: :roll: :roll:

Nash was a slightly below average defender on the perimeter. If the offensive player got into the paint then yes, he usually got scored on. This was his main defensive weakness. Too small to stop people around the basket. He was an above average off ball defender though and was always quick to rotate.

The real problem was Amare's defense. Every Suns fan knows this. The Suns went up against some elite big men in that era and Amare simply couldn't hold his own on defense or on the boards.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
05-10-2015, 11:50 PM
Nash was an average defender on the perimeter. If the offensive player got into the paint then yes, he usually got scored on. This was his main defensive weakness. Too small to stop people around the basket. He was an above average off ball defender though and was always quick to rotate.

The real problem was Amare's defense. Every Suns fan knows this. The Suns went up against some elite big men in that era and Amare simply couldn't hold his own on defense or on the boards.
Amare was a bad defender but only reason Nash had those elite offense was because pickandroll with Amare. Hes prolly the best roll man of the past era, hes just as good offensive as current Blake in his prime. He could do everything on offense and he had to play center because of Suns system to inflate offense not his fault he couldnt guard centers

Nash average defender:roll: :roll: :roll: Jesus fcking Christ u have NEVER WATCHED NASH on DEFENSE LMFAO:roll: :roll: :oldlol: :roll: :roll:

knicksman
05-10-2015, 11:55 PM
Nash was an average defender on the perimeter. If the offensive player got into the paint then yes, he usually got scored on. This was his main defensive weakness. Too small to stop people around the basket. He was an above average off ball defender though and was always quick to rotate.

Bro the reason why theyre offense is so good because they sacrificed defense for it. They played small ball with 4 shooters. Compare that to cp3 who played traditional lineups. What matters tho is nash teams has no chance of winning while cp3 could get 1 this season. And cp3 at a young age already had a better team than nash. Just check 2008

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
05-10-2015, 11:58 PM
Bro the reason why theyre offense is so good because they sacrificed defense for it. They played small ball with 4 shooters. Compare that to cp3 who played traditional lineups. What matters tho is nash teams has no chance of winning while cp3 could get 1 this season. And cp3 at a young age already had a better team than nash. Just check 2008
Hes fcking delusional dont bother. He just called Nashs defense AVERAGE:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Lensanity
05-10-2015, 11:59 PM
Amare was a bad defender but only reason Nash had those elite offense was because pickandroll with Amare. Hes prolly the best roll man of the past era, hes just as good offensive as current Blake in his prime. He could do everything on offense and he had to play center because of Suns system to inflate offense not his fault he couldnt guard centers

Nash average defender:roll: :roll: :roll: Jesus fcking Christ u have NEVER WATCHED NASH on DEFENSE LMFAO:roll: :roll: :oldlol: :roll: :roll:
I meant to say slightly below average defender on the perimeter. My bad. Still, the main weakness with his defense was stopping PG's from scoring in the paint. A good defensive center would have made a HUGE impact on this off of presence alone.

Nash is the greatest pick and roll player of all time, even better than Stockton IMO. Arguably the GOAT shooter with the most 50/40/90 seasons of all time, and arguably the GOAT passer. CP3 is one of the greatest PG's of all time but Nash simply had a greater impact. 9 #1 ranked offensive seasons in a row is a record that will still stand 100 years from now.

Young X
05-11-2015, 12:00 AM
CP3 - Point God

Curry - Point FraudWeren't you arguing vehemently that Curry was the best PG? What happened? :lol

red1
05-11-2015, 12:01 AM
Dude your opinion is irrelevant. I still remember you trying to convince me that bosh a better player than pippen and that drose is a cancer, and thats just the tip of the iceberg in terms of the retarded arguments you've made.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=8186682&postcount=81

Straight_Ballin
05-11-2015, 12:01 AM
Are we gonna pretend like this nikka isn't ice cold? CP3 is performing the best in the playoffs over everyone taking everything into account.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
05-11-2015, 12:02 AM
Are we gonna pretend like this nikka isn't ice cold? CP3 is performing the best in the playoffs over everyone taking everything into account.
:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Graviton
05-11-2015, 12:02 AM
Weren't you arguing vehemently that Curry was the best PG? What happened? :lol
I thought he wasn't just a 3 point chucking ****boi, I was wrong.

red1
05-11-2015, 12:03 AM
Nash is equal to cp3. I think paul has had a tough draw in terms of luck and that he is better than his postseason success would indicate. Ditto for nash.

Lensanity
05-11-2015, 12:05 AM
In the 2006-2007 season the Suns had a +11.5 Offensive Rating with Nash on the floor. With Nash of the floor they had a -0.2 Offensive Rating with THE 6TH MAN OF THE YEAR AS HIS REPLACEMENT!

No player in NBA history has ever had a comparable offensive impact to Nash. Never.

The opponents Offensive Rating that year was +1.3 with Nash off the court. Yes, Nash was a negative impact defender but as you can see by the stats it wasn't that big of a deal and his positive offensive impact absolutely blew his negative defensive impact out of the ****ing galaxy.

knicksman
05-11-2015, 12:06 AM
Dude your opinion is irrelevant. I still remember you trying to convince me that bosh a better player than pippen and that drose is a cancer, and thats just the tip of the iceberg in terms of the retarded arguments you've made.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=8186682&postcount=81

put the bulls in the west and rose has been exposed a long time ago as a low impact player. And oh bran stans are the dumbest on this board. Only idiots would think 2/5>>5/7:lol

MJistheGOAT
05-11-2015, 12:07 AM
CP3 is the MVP of playoffs till now
Clips are looking really good, be careful with Lebron

Young X
05-11-2015, 12:07 AM

I'm a big CP3 fan but GTFOClippers have had the #1 offense for the past 2 seasons.

This season alone the Clippers score 118 points per possession with Paul on the court and 98 points per possession with him on the bench. No player in the league made that big of a difference.

red1
05-11-2015, 12:08 AM
put the bulls in the west and rose has been exposed a long time ago as a low impact player. And oh bran stans are the dumbest on this board. Only idiots would think 2/5>>5/7:lol
You explicitly stated that rose is a cancer and that bosh is better than pippen. You also said that paul is better than bron. You really expect me to take you seriously? I've wasted enough time trying to reason with you already.

Lensanity
05-11-2015, 12:10 AM
Clippers have had the #1 offense for the past 2 seasons.

This season alone the Clippers score 118 points per possession with Paul on the court and 98 points per possession with him on the bench. No player in the league made that big of a difference.

And?

I've stated multiple times in this thread that I'm a big CP3 fan and think he has a huge impact. I will absolutely agree that he has the greatest impact of any PG this year, only Curry can be compared.

DMAVS41
05-11-2015, 12:11 AM
I meant to say slightly below average defender on the perimeter. My bad. Still, the main weakness with his defense was stopping PG's from scoring in the paint. A good defensive center would have made a HUGE impact on this off of presence alone.

Nash is the greatest pick and roll player of all time, even better than Stockton IMO. Arguably the GOAT shooter with the most 50/40/90 seasons of all time, and arguably the GOAT passer. CP3 is one of the greatest PG's of all time but Nash simply had a greater impact. 9 #1 ranked offensive seasons in a row is a record that will still stand 100 years from now.

I'd take Paul over Nash pretty easily.

Also, to the rest of the thread...as good as Paul has been...Griffin has pretty easily been the best player in the playoffs so far. He's been incredible.

CP3 and him have been the two best players imo.

So sick I didn't be the Clips to win it all after they lost game 5 in round 1. They were like 45 to 1. Almost pulled the trigger...****

knicksman
05-11-2015, 12:13 AM
You explicitly stated that rose is a cancer and that bosh is better than pippen. You also said that paul is better than bron. You really expect me to take you seriously? I've wasted enough time trying to reason with you already.

just because bran collude doesnt mean hes better than paul. You really that dumb bro. LOL Let bran win first without cheating.

Young X
05-11-2015, 12:16 AM
And?

I've stated multiple times in this thread that I'm a big CP3 fan and think he has a huge impact. I will absolutely agree that he has the greatest impact of any PG this year, only Curry can be compared.You're the one who said Nash made a much bigger impact than Paul. :confusedshrug:

CP's regular season this year alone is comparable to if not slightly better than any of Nash's best in almost any way you look at it.

red1
05-11-2015, 12:17 AM
just because bran collude doesnt mean hes better than paul. You really that dumb bro. LOL Let bran win first without cheating.
and that is why you don't know anything about basketball

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
05-11-2015, 12:21 AM
I'd take Paul over Nash pretty easily.

Also, to the rest of the thread...as good as Paul has been...Griffin has pretty easily been the best player in the playoffs so far. He's been incredible.

CP3 and him have been the two best players imo.

So sick I didn't be the Clips to win it all after they lost game 5 in round 1. They were like 45 to 1. Almost pulled the trigger...****
Blake hasnt "easily" been the best. CP is still the best player in the playoffs, best offensively and hes better defensively than Blake, completely shut down Tony Parker and played great D on Green and even Kawhi. Blakes main argument is the 1 win without CP but does anyone really believe Clips couldnt take 1/2 games against these Rockets without Blake?

knicksman
05-11-2015, 12:22 AM
and that is why you don't know anything about basketball

Oh really? Coming from a guy who thinks bran>>kobe because of stats. LOL sorry bro but you dont know shet about this game beyond stats. Theres a reason why kobe is 5/7

Lensanity
05-11-2015, 12:25 AM
Oh really? Coming from a guy who thinks bran>>kobe because of stats. LOL sorry bro but you dont know shet about this game beyond stats. Theres a reason why kobe is 5/7

*2/7

DMAVS41
05-11-2015, 12:26 AM
Blake hasnt "easily" been the best. CP is still the best player in the playoffs, best offensively and hes better defensively than Blake, completely shut down Tony Parker and played great D on Green and even Kawhi. Blakes main argument is the 1 win without CP but does anyone really believe Clips couldnt take 1/2 games against these Rockets without Blake?

Blake's defense has been really really good as well though. I think that is what you are missing with him.

Not gonna argue against Paul much...he's been fantastic and I think they've been the best 2 players so far.

I just not gonna ignore what Griffin is doing...he's been absolutely dominant so far.

red1
05-11-2015, 12:29 AM
What? When have I ever said that?

Only three sentences in your post yet you somehow manage to contradict yourself. "You don't know shit about the game beyond stats." Next sentence: "There is a reason why kobe is 5/7." Is 5/7 not a stat? Doing it like only knicksman can.

knicksman
05-11-2015, 12:45 AM
What? When have I ever said that?

Only three sentences in your post yet you somehow manage to contradict yourself. "You don't know shit about the game beyond stats." Next sentence: "There is a reason why kobe is 5/7." Is 5/7 not a stat? Doing it like only knicksman can.

so youre now in denial. Whatever bro. and oh its 4 sentences. :lol

red1
05-11-2015, 12:51 AM
so youre now in denial. Whatever bro. and oh its 4 sentences. :lol
How am I in denial. To say that I used stats as my primary reasoning is just not true. 3 sentences is fine also. It's called hyperbole :pimp:

knicksman
05-11-2015, 12:55 AM
How am I in denial. To say that I used stats as my primary reasoning is just not true. 3 sentences is fine also. It's called hyperbole :pimp:

then what I said is true. Anyone who knows this game beyond stats has kobe>>bran. Only statnerds would say otherwise.

red1
05-11-2015, 01:00 AM
then what I said is true. Anyone who knows this game beyond stats has kobe>>bran. Only statnerds would say otherwise.
Cool. You are entitled to your own opinion. What I do know is that it is obviously not possible to reason with someone who thinks drose is a cancer, who would take cp3 over lbj and who is also convinced that bosh is better than pippen.

KDthunderup
05-11-2015, 01:02 AM
CP3 - Point God

Curry - Point Fraud
Agreed