PDA

View Full Version : Are the Clippers giving anyone else vibes of 2011 Mavs?

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
05-10-2015, 11:30 PM
Underrated alltime great has a lowkey underrated RS where he shouldve won MVP (Dirk, CP). Best midrange shot by far in the season (Dirk, CP), beat the defending champs, had tons of playoff experience w/ each other, improbable players showing up when they were thought to be garbage (Austin, Peja, Hawes, Deshawn, Barea etc) b/c of the impact of said player (CP, Dirk),Bynum/Fright quitjobs/ejections, heartbreaking loss where many counted em out sayin theyd follow past cycles (game 5 Clips, Roy comeback melttdown Mavs) they have similar level SGs in Redick and Terry. smashed the 2nd round opponents badly (Lakers, Rockets). Obviously Clips have Blake whos MUCH MUCH better than anything Dirk had and Dirk obviously had prolly the best postseason since peak Shaq but lotta similarities.......

inclinerator
05-10-2015, 11:31 PM
not really, they seem to be favorites after they beat the spurs and way more stacked
cp3 is the best pg tho

Prime_Shaq
05-10-2015, 11:32 PM
Dirk was out of his mind and didn't have anyone nearly as good as Blake. Dirk's run was better.

imdaman99
05-10-2015, 11:32 PM
No because the only really unlikeable guy on those 2011 Mavs was Terry because of his arrogance.

This whole Clippers team is unlikeable. I sure as hell hope the Grizz/Warriors shit on them in the next round.

LoneyROY7
05-10-2015, 11:33 PM
Nope. The Clippers thrive on the dynamic duo of Blake and Paul. The Mavs were built on Dirk surrounded with great role players.

No similarities other than both will result in a championship.

DMAVS41
05-10-2015, 11:35 PM
Yes...for me at least.

Their road to the title would probably be even harder depending on what happens in this Warriors series and if one of these East teams can get their shit together.

Only difference would be that Clips are a differently built team. Griffin and Jordan are absolutely dominating people...I did not see them playing at this high a level.

They have 3 all nba players on this team.

Suguru101
05-10-2015, 11:35 PM
Underrated alltime great has a lowkey underrated RS where he shouldve won MVP (Dirk, CP). Best midrange shot by far in the season (Dirk, CP), beat the defending champs, had tons of playoff experience w/ each other, improbable players showing up when they were thought to be garbage (Austin, Peja, Hawes, Deshawn, Barea etc) b/c of the impact of said player (CP, Dirk), they have similar level SGs in Redick and Terry. smashed the 2nd round opponents badly (Lakers, Rockets). Obviously Clips have Blake whos MUCH MUCH better than anything Dirk had and Dirk obviously had prolly the best postseason since peak Shaq but lotta similarities.......

2012 LeBron.

Basketball is also played on both sides of the court.

And also; what do you mean "obviously had probably the best"?

Either he obviously had the best, or he probably had the best. Not both of them.

KDthunderup
05-10-2015, 11:36 PM
Dirk was playing the best offensive basketball I had ever seen during that playoff run.

red1
05-10-2015, 11:36 PM
They'll look like a different team when they play the grizzlies. I dont mean to shit on what they are doing now because they are playing very well. Still it is obvious that these rockets have pretty much already folded

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
05-10-2015, 11:37 PM
2012 LeBron.

Basketball is also played on both sides of the court.
Nah Dirk was so much better on offense. The reason sht offensive players like the ones Dallas had played out of their mind and were ridiculously dominant in the clutch and inconsistent ones like Jet were able to perform the way they did is because of Dirk.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
05-10-2015, 11:38 PM
they'll look like a different team when they play the grizzlies
Steph is a sht halfcourt player. He thrives on transition, CP will win the trilogy against the Grizz. He is way better than Steph at every aspect but 3pt shooting ESPECIALLY in halfcourt

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
05-10-2015, 11:39 PM
Yes...for me at least.

Their road to the title would probably be even harder depending on what happens in this Warriors series and if one of these East teams can get their shit together.

Only difference would be that Clips are a differently built team. Griffin and Jordan are absolutely dominating people...I did not see them playing at this high a level.

They have 3 all nba players on this team.
Deandre isnt AllNBA...........hes still sht offensively and his defense has impressed in the playoffs but hes still not Bogut level or anything

lilteapot
05-10-2015, 11:39 PM
Dirk was out of his mind and didn't have anyone nearly as good as Blake. Dirk's run was better.
this.

red1
05-10-2015, 11:44 PM
Steph is a sht halfcourt player. He thrives on transition, CP will win the trilogy against the Grizz. He is way better than Steph at every aspect but 3pt shooting ESPECIALLY in halfcourt
He is a very good half-court player he just happened to go cold at the worst time. It happens like that. Grizzlies defense has been a nightmare for him and klay and paul will get a taste of that as well. I dont see that warriors coming back and predict grizzlies in 7 over the clipps

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
05-10-2015, 11:46 PM
He is a very good half-court player he just happened to go cold at the worst time. It happens like that. Grizzlies defense has been a nightmare for him and klay and paul will get a taste of that as well. I dont see that warriors coming back and predict grizzlies in 7 over the clipps
No he isnt, doesnt use screens well, isnt great in pickandroll, overdribbles, takes bad shots etc. Hes just flashy he doesnt have the substance in halfcourt, hes either hot or cold

SugarHill
05-10-2015, 11:48 PM
Nah Dirk was so much better on offense. The reason sht offensive players like the ones Dallas had played out of their mind and were ridiculously dominant in the clutch and inconsistent ones like Jet were able to perform the way they did is because of Dirk.
inconsistent? he averaged 17 PPG on 61 TS% throughout the playoffs.

dazzer87
05-10-2015, 11:49 PM
Not really. Mavs were underdog in all series that year. Clippers r favor vs Houston

Mr. Jabbar
05-10-2015, 11:49 PM
yes, i think they'll win it all.

red1
05-10-2015, 11:50 PM
No he isnt, doesnt use screens well, isnt great in pickandroll, overdribbles, takes bad shots etc. Hes just flashy he doesnt have the substance in halfcourt, hes either hot or cold
Takes bad shots? Not many shots are bad when you have the ability to shoot that well off the dribble. Overdribbles? You are describing half the nba. When he was coming into the league the easy catch-phrase to use to discredit was the typical "he isnt a real point guard" drivel. Now we know that his point guard skills are more than adequate and when you combine that with his shooting ability you instantly have a very good halfcourt player.

Yoshi
05-10-2015, 11:58 PM
Clippers chances rest in CP3's hamstring.

Smoke117
05-10-2015, 11:59 PM
No, not really. They aren't even close to being constructed the same way.

TheBigVeto
05-11-2015, 12:19 AM
No. They don't have a player as great as Dirk.

Pointguard
05-11-2015, 12:20 AM
Not really. Dirk didn't know who he was going to get to help him (Terrry a little bit). I any of five people can be dominant on the Clippers. And that's not including Reddick and Rivers who have already won games themselves in this playoff run. The Clippers are the most stacked team, right?

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
05-11-2015, 12:22 AM
Not really. Dirk didn't know who he was going to get to help him (Terrry a little bit). I any of five people can be dominant on the Clippers. And that's not including Reddick and Rivers who have already won games themselves in this playoff run. The Clippers are the most stacked team, right?
CP and Blake are the only 2 that can win games themselves what ish u smokin:biggums: :biggums:

DMAVS41
05-11-2015, 12:22 AM

They are if Blake and Jordan play like this...they have been absolutely dominant.

Pointguard
05-11-2015, 12:28 AM
CP and Blake are the only 2 that can win games themselves what ish u smokin:biggums: :biggums:
What are you watching??? Deandre has been dominant. Do you watch your own team? Over the last four years Crawford has taken a majority of the tough shots. And is looked to nearly as much as CP and BG. And in many instances more so than them. What are you smoking?

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
05-11-2015, 12:29 AM
What are you watching??? Deandre has been dominant. Do you watch your own team? Over the last four years Crawford has taken a majority of the tough shots. And is looked to nearly as much as CP and BG. And in many instances more so than them. What are you smoking?
this dude just put Jamal fcking Crawford in the same sentence as CP and Blake:roll: :roll: :roll: DMAVS was right u dont know sht about basketball :roll: :roll:

Pointguard
05-11-2015, 12:42 AM
this dude just put Jamal fcking Crawford in the same sentence as CP and Blake:roll: :roll: :roll: DMAVS was right u dont know sht about basketball :roll: :roll:

You didn't know that DJ was dominant. Your own team and you don't know who is dominant. And you are trying to assess other people's knowledge.

And then you don't even know who your team was going to at the end of games??? That was the criticism of Blake and CP3 in last years playoffs. They deferred to Crawford too much.

nba_55
05-11-2015, 12:45 AM
Deandre isnt AllNBA...........hes still sht offensively and his defense has impressed in the playoffs but hes still not Bogut level or anything

He has been much better than Bogut, it's not even close.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
05-11-2015, 12:46 AM
You didn't know that DJ was dominant. Your own team and you don't know who is dominant. And you are trying to assess other people's knowledge.

And then you don't even know who your team was going to at the end of games??? That was the criticism of Blake and CP3 in last years playoffs. They deferred to Crawford too much.
Deandre is not dominant.........hes a very good center thats it. Lets not forget just last postseason he was getting outplayed by Kendrick Perkins

Thats b/c Doc was awful and running so many isos for him. He finally realized this season that Redick is a better player

DMAVS41
05-11-2015, 12:53 AM

He certainly is playing like one. And he's certainly been better than Bogut in the playoffs.

I don't really care about this stuff right now...there is just a clear difference between how the Mavs were built and this Clippers team.

The Mavs had more depth and relied more on one player to do everything...while the Clippers are top heavy and are more of a 3 headed monster with poor depth.

Reddick/Barnes have been fantastic so far. Reddick is playing rock solid defense and he's found his shot now.

I don't know what the hell to make of Rivers. I never in a million years thought he be able to play this well. He's had 2 huge games in big spots and he's played quality defense as well.

He's actually added quite a bit to this team for now. Way better than anyone expected.

To illustrate this difference I'll post the splits of the two teams:

Clippers:

Griffin -25/14/7 54% TS
Reddick - 16/2/1 62% TS
Paul - 21/4/8 62% TS
Jordan - 12/13/1 62% TS
Barnes - 9/5/2 57% TS
Crawford - 13/2/2 46% TS
Rivers - 9/2/1 56% TS
Davis - 4/2/0 53% TS

Nobody else much of note. Hawes could play a factor down the road though.

Mavs:

Dirk - 28/8/3 61% TS
Kidd - 9/5/7 56% TS
Marion - 12/6/2 51% TS
Terry - 18/2/3 60% TS
Chandler - 8/9/0 63% TS
Barea - 9/2/3 50% TS
Peja - 7/1/0 54% TS
Stevenson - 5/1/1 53% TS
Haywood - 3/4/0 56% TS

Nobody else consistently played, but Brewer had a huge game/moment in the Lakers series.

So the Mavs went a legit 9 deep...while the Clippers go 7 or 8 deep...depending on how Rivers/Davis are rolling.

Clearly the Clippers are a more traditionally built team with multiple superstar players, but the Mavs had a more versatile team in my opinion that could adapt to adjustments other coaches/teams tried in a way I'm not sure this Clippers team can.

But the Blake/Griffin/Jordan probably trumps Dirk/Terry/Chandler. I say probably only because Dirk/Terry were so lights out in close games that it's hard to say.

So while the teams are built differently...the run could be similar like I said above.

notatop29pg
05-11-2015, 12:55 AM
I think they can win it all but ONLY if Memphis beats Golden State for them.

Pointguard
05-11-2015, 12:58 AM
Deandre is not dominant.........hes a very good center thats it. Lets not forget just last postseason he was getting outplayed by Kendrick Perkins

Thats b/c Doc was awful and running so many isos for him. He finally realized this season that Redick is a better player
Last year CP3 and Blake Griffin were not as assertive as Crawford at the end of games either. This board was lit up about that as well. And was lit up about it before last years playoffs. So I'm not talking about just one year. So yeah, I mentioned them in the same sentence. In fact, I'll up it, and say that JC was more assertive than either one at the end of games til this year.

This year DJ has totally influenced the way DH and Harden are backing up. The most influential defense seen in this years playoffs - easily.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
05-11-2015, 01:14 AM
Last year CP3 and Blake Griffin were not as assertive as Crawford at the end of games either. This board was lit up about that as well. And was lit up about it before last years playoffs. So I'm not talking about just one year. So yeah, I mentioned them in the same sentence. In fact, I'll up it, and say that JC was more assertive than either one at the end of games til this year.

This year DJ has totally influenced the way DH and Harden are backing up. The most influential defense seen in this years playoffs - easily.
Tony Allen has EASILY been the best defensive player of the playoffs. Jimmy has also been better defensively as has Draymond. There are no ZBos or Marcs in Houston and Deandre was gettin lit up in the 1st round by Timmy. In fact Blake did a better job on him

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
05-11-2015, 01:15 AM
He certainly is playing like one. And he's certainly been better than Bogut in the playoffs.

I don't really care about this stuff right now...there is just a clear difference between how the Mavs were built and this Clippers team.

The Mavs had more depth and relied more on one player to do everything...while the Clippers are top heavy and are more of a 3 headed monster with poor depth.

Reddick/Barnes have been fantastic so far. Reddick is playing rock solid defense and he's found his shot now.

I don't know what the hell to make of Rivers. I never in a million years thought he be able to play this well. He's had 2 huge games in big spots and he's played quality defense as well.

He's actually added quite a bit to this team for now. Way better than anyone expected.
Austins performances are due to HArdons and Jets defense nothing more nothing less. Redicks defense is really inconsistent tho

DMAVS41
05-11-2015, 01:26 AM
Austins performances are due to HArdons and Jets defense nothing more nothing less. Redicks defense is really inconsistent tho

He also had that big game 4 against the Spurs.

Look...I laughed at Rivers with the rest of the basketball world, but it's time to give the man his due.

He's playing a legit role on the best team of the playoffs so far. He's had a few very good games and he's playing solid defense.

Reddick is of course not a consistently great defender, but there aren't many shooters like him that can also defend as well as he does. He can actually hold his own guarding quality offensive players. You don't have to hide Reddick defensively and that is a nice luxury to have.

Prime_Shaq
05-11-2015, 01:35 AM
He has been much better than Bogut, it's not even close.
:no:

Eric Cartman
05-11-2015, 01:52 AM
Doesn't remind me of that Mavericks team at all. More like the 2006 Mavericks, finally getting over the hump of the tough west.

notatop29pg
05-11-2015, 02:11 AM
He also had that big game 4 against the Spurs.

Look...I laughed at Rivers with the rest of the basketball world, but it's time to give the man his due.

He's playing a legit role on the best team of the playoffs so far. He's had a few very good games and he's playing solid defense.

Reddick is of course not a consistently great defender, but there aren't many shooters like him that can also defend as well as he does. He can actually hold his own guarding quality offensive players. You don't have to hide Reddick defensively and that is a nice luxury to have.

Austin was an above average defender in New Orleans too. He could always get to the hoop at will... the only difference I see in his game is his layups are falling. It helps that he's hit a purple patch from 3... but nothing is new. It was always in him.

Kid is possibly a legit long term Jamul Crawford.