PDA

View Full Version : Lebron's game winner was a quick catch and shoot..

CavaliersFTW
05-11-2015, 01:19 AM
Looked great with zero hesitation, like the type of game winners/last shots many great players have taken and made very Jordan-esq. I was thinking and realized though, he doesn't try those often.

Normally he likes to pound the ball deep in the backcourt and drain the clock at the start of a possession, than while still on the ball make a move usually wants a drive but if his defender is quicker sometimes settles for a shot. If he can catch and shoot like that, why aren't more plays written up for him to do so? It makes the defense have to chase him when he flashes across the floor for an open look. He doesn't have as good a first step as he did when he was young, but he still is a runaway train when he's got momentum so wouldn't that be the best way for him to get open looks on shots?

Dave3
05-11-2015, 01:27 AM
He does seem to have a lot of success when he's given less time. I'm not sure if it makes him less indecisive, prevents him from getting into his own head too much, or what exactly, but he does seem to be very successful when he's given little time to make a play.

KDthunderup
05-11-2015, 01:30 AM
Dude has awlays doubted himself a lot through his career, but with only 1.5 seconds left and not many people expecting you to make a shot there is no time to second guess or shy away.

I remember the 2013 finals when LeBron was shook as **** and Kawhi and the Spurs were literally backing off him letting him shoot jumpers. He has never had that 100% alpha reassurance and near delusional confidence in abilities that someone like Jordan and Kobe has.