PDA

View Full Version : Paul Pierce traveled big time on that game winning possession

lilteapot
05-11-2015, 01:29 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsjD2AKln74

Or is it just me?

Start at :30 and slow it down. When he's turning around to drive left he shuffles his feet and moves his feet multiple times.

Fudge
05-11-2015, 01:33 AM
http://brilindia.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Im-A-Little-Teapot.png

iamgine
05-11-2015, 01:39 AM
Yes he traveled.

Not big time, but he did.

LiLharvard
05-11-2015, 02:29 AM
maybe his pivot moved an inch once.. nothin compared to crawfords 9 step travel

poido123
05-11-2015, 02:39 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsjD2AKln74

Or is it just me?

Start at :30 and slow it down. When he's turning around to drive left he shuffles his feet and moves his feet multiple times.

Yes.

A little shuffle of the pivot foot initially, which he later establishes as the pivot foot.

Good pick up tea pot :applause:

JimmyMcAdocious
05-11-2015, 02:52 AM
Yep. And it's barely ever called. That and players taking a step (sometimes two..) before even dribbling the ball. It is what it is.

Must be easy being an NBA ref when all you need to do is make sure guys don't step out of bounds/backcourt and keep the profanity and showboating down. Defensive fouls, offensive fouls, traveling, and all that good stuff is optional.

poido123
05-11-2015, 03:11 AM
Yep. And it's barely ever called. That and players taking a step (sometimes two..) before even dribbling the ball. It is what it is.

Must be easy being an NBA ref when all you need to do is make sure guys don't step out of bounds/backcourt and keep the profanity and showboating down. Defensive fouls, offensive fouls, traveling, and all that good stuff is optional.

It's about entertainment(which I understand), more than the game now.

So much money involved, I'm not surprised at the direction basketball is heading.

tragicbronson
05-11-2015, 03:13 AM
This is what really piss me off about the NBA. Not this very play but all these non called travels, stars having a special treatment, momentum calls, biased refs... I really like to watch Euroleague sometimes, it's less talented overall but there is no bullshit like this, it doesn't matter if you are an MVP or last player on the bench, rules are rules.

LiLharvard
05-11-2015, 03:17 AM
jeez it was barely a travel + considering the situational standpoint. You fellas dont ball obviously.

oarabbus
05-11-2015, 03:30 AM
Ray allen didn't dribble and shuffled both feet back (2 steps at least) on the infamous game 6 shot. It is what it is. I say credit em.

bdreason
05-11-2015, 03:32 AM
This is what really piss me off about the NBA. Not this very play but all these non called travels, stars having a special treatment, momentum calls, biased refs... I really like to watch Euroleague sometimes, it's less talented overall but there is no bullshit like this, it doesn't matter if you are an MVP or last player on the bench, rules are rules.

Europeans refs are worse than NBA refs. I do like some of the rules though, and they do tend to call more travels, and less fouls (more physical).

tragicbronson
05-11-2015, 04:01 AM
Europeans refs are worse than NBA refs. I do like some of the rules though, and they do tend to call more travels, and less fouls (more physical).

And you base that opinion on what?

tragicbronson
05-11-2015, 04:01 AM
jeez it was barely a travel + considering the situational standpoint. You fellas dont ball obviously.

I ball and if you move your pivot foot it's a travel :confusedshrug: