PDA

View Full Version : Lebron vs Mj Clutch

nzahir
05-11-2015, 05:04 AM
https://twitter.com/WindhorstESPN/status/597577262033014784
Discuss

Magic 32
05-11-2015, 05:06 AM
With 5 sec or less in the finals, Lebron is 2-5 and Jordan is 6-0.

nzahir
05-11-2015, 05:08 AM
With 5 sec or less in the finals, Lebron is 2-5 and Jordan is 6-0.
Actually kinda funny, but im trying to be serious here. Why isnt lebron regarded by average people(99% of this forum) as one of the most clutch players of all time but jordan is?

Magic 32
05-11-2015, 05:13 AM
Actually kinda funny, but im trying to be serious here. Why isnt lebron regarded by average people(99% of this forum) as one of the most clutch players of all time but jordan is?

I don't really care.

At least 3 of those shots came on layups against .500 teams that should not have be in the playoffs.

Eddie Jordan's last second defensive farts should not have an effect on Lebron's reputation.

He will hit the occasional catch and shot (every 5 years?), but other than that....layups or bricks.

tragicbronson
05-11-2015, 05:25 AM

Because of 2-5? One of the biggest chokes ever, 2011 finals? And Jordan is 6-6? :confusedshrug:

3ball
05-11-2015, 05:35 AM

Clutch play isn't just game-winners - it's dominance in the 2nd half, 4th quarter, playoffs and Finals..

Too bad they don't have stats for all those clutch categories - oh wait, they do, and MJ is #1 in all of them.. THAT'S why he's considered the best clutch player..

and that's why someone like Lebron is far down the list (his stats in these categories are far down the list, especially in 4th quarter and Finals performance).

nzahir
05-11-2015, 05:36 AM
Because of 2-5? One of the biggest chokes ever, 2011 finals? And Jordan is 6-6? :confusedshrug:
Jordan was favored every year, lebron wasnt favored last year or in 07. Should have been 3-5 I will give you that though. At the end its a team game though. But what Im saying is why doesnt lebron get any recognition for being clutch at the end of games when he is clutch. Just b/c he gets a layup doesnt mean it doesnt count, he got there because one of his better skills is attacking and finishing at the basket.

nzahir
05-11-2015, 05:37 AM
Clutch play isn't just game-winners - it's dominance in the 2nd half, 4th quarter, playoffs and Finals..

If only they had stats for all those clutch categories - oh wait, they do, and MJ is #1 all of them.. THAT'S why he's considered the best clutch player..

and that's why someone like Lebron is far down the list (his stats in these categories are far down the list, especially in 4th quarter and Finals performance).
Whats the category for clutch for you then? The whole 4th quarter of postseason, want to find them for both?

Magic 32
05-11-2015, 05:38 AM
Should have been 3-5 I will give you that though. At the end its a team game though.

Should have been 5-5 if he is as great as his back tatoo says he is.

And 2007 was closer than people remember (not because of Lebron of course).

3ball
05-11-2015, 05:45 AM
Whats the category for clutch for you then? The whole 4th quarter of postseason, want to find them for both?
Yes, entire 4th quarter of postseason would be a great clutch stat indicator.. i don't think there are stats for that though for MJ.

But MJ's career Finals averages were 34 PPG and 48% FG compared to Lebron's 24 PPG and 46% FG..

That's a massive gap... Given what we know about MJ's heroics, we can say for certain he had the vastly higher 4th quarter scoring.. It's one of the biggest reason he's 6/6 and Lebron is 2/5.

VengefulAngel
05-11-2015, 05:54 AM
http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn200/nbacardDOTnet/zz%20NBA%20Photo%20Gallery/z%20Funny%20NBA%20Photos/Funny%20NBA%20Record/Lebron%20James/aka%20big%20choker/lebron_james_dirk_nowitzki_2011_final_nba.jpg

Do I need to say more? , great shot but shut up.

aj1987
05-11-2015, 06:09 AM
I wouldn't go that far, OP. LeBron hit a great shot, but you need to STFU. LeBron is a great clutch player, but just not on MJ's level.

MJistheGOAT
05-11-2015, 06:31 AM
Please don

Micku
05-11-2015, 06:54 AM

I think MJ had like 9/18 game winning or game tying shots or something. And he was pretty clutch in the last five minutes or so. You can check the stats in nba.com. I believe he was always number 1 in terms of scoring in the last five minutes if the game is close (five points difference). And this is when he was old in 97 and 98. He was pretty efficient in 97, and was pretty good in 98.

LeBron James kind'a get unfair treatment when it comes to the clutch. However, he wasn't really great in the clutch during his Miami run in the playoffs in his first couple of years, tbh. That's when ppl start calling him out on it. The stats also shows it, that he generally shot at 39% or 40% in clutch time while MJ 97 shot 51% and 98 shot 44%.

LeBron got better tho as a Heat. In 2013 he shot 44% and in 2014 he shot 54.5, but even then I don't think he scored at a higher rate than MJ. He may in 2013 I think, but not in 2014. He just started making his shots. He still got the stigma of being unclutch even though he's not. He's clutch, but not as clutch as MJ probably despite the go ahead bucket percentage, which I gott'a double check on it lol.

Anyway, LBJ isn't the clutchest player in the league. It'll be interesting to see MJ stats in his prime, but I dunno how different it'll be. I would assume he would be more efficient and hit the CP3 clutch numbers (not this year). CP3 imo used to have the best clutch numbers consistently in the playoffs and RS. MJ might've been on that quality, but I dunno. There's no stats for it, so you just have to watch the games and see.

tldr; LBJ isn't on MJ level in the clutch.

Sarcastic
05-11-2015, 07:18 AM
Jordan has 6 titles Bud. Stay stupid.