PDA

View Full Version : Current LeBron is the posterboy for the East and how weak it is

JerrySeinfeld
05-11-2015, 02:17 PM
He himself is playing like trash, it's just that his opponents are playing like more trash.

Never cared much about changing the playoff format up until this year now that I am less busy and actually able to catch all of the playoff games. The basketball out East is pathetic. You'll get long stretches where teams can't even score 1 point. Tons of turnovers, coaching mishaps. Overall a joke conference that needs to either

A. Get moved down a tier and replace the D-League and just move the D-League down another tier

or

B. Exist in it's current state but with a different playoff format so that going off of teams records we only get 2-3 East teams in the playoffs.

Right now well over HALF of the Western Conference would have a good chance at making the Eastern Conference Finals, ISH.

Eric Cartman
05-11-2015, 02:19 PM
Move the East to the Euroleague and bring the top 16 Euroleague teams to the East :confusedshrug:

Even V-Span would look good this year in the East.

JerrySeinfeld
05-11-2015, 02:20 PM
Move the East to the Euroleague and bring the top 16 Euroleague teams to the East :confusedshrug:

I'm sure Silver would be down with that. Would help the NBA's long-term plan of global expansion.

KiiiiNG
05-11-2015, 02:35 PM
im honestly very disappointed in lebrons play... really no excuse for it either..

idk if its love being out or what but hes just not playing up to standard

its like watching an inefficient magic johnson without the goat tier passing and leadership

BigBoss
05-11-2015, 02:36 PM
He's the BETA King. I mean just look at his fan base.

JerrySeinfeld
05-11-2015, 02:38 PM
im honestly very disappointed in lebrons play... really no excuse for it either..

idk if its love being out or what but hes just not playing up to standard

its like watching an inefficient magic johnson without the goat tier passing and leadership

lol it's nothing like watching magic johnson. magic would have years with 4 turnovers per game but it didn't matter because it came with 12 assists per game.

one thing that also always interested me about magic was how much he improved his FT shooting while in the league. LeBron since leaving CLE for MIA has been talking about working on his FT shooting but it's never gotten any better and this year dropped down to 71%.

I don't know if it's because lack of a work ethic or what, but I always thought that peak LeBron had the most to gain from becoming a more consistent FT shooter but he just never did.

KiiiiNG
05-11-2015, 02:41 PM
lol it's nothing like watching magic johnson. magic would have years with 4 turnovers per game but it didn't matter because it came with 12 assists per game.

one thing that also always interested me about magic was how much he improved his FT shooting while in the league. LeBron since leaving CLE for MIA has been talking about working on his FT shooting but it's never gotten any better and this year dropped down to 71%.

I don't know if it's because lack of a work ethic or what, but I always thought that peak LeBron had the most to gain from becoming a more consistent FT shooter but he just never did.
yeah, thats why i said without the goat tier passing and leadership :lol

hes a big ass dude though like magic who handles the rock for his team, all i meant by it

lebron is constantly tinkering with his shot which spell disaster for short term play

find a stroke and stick with it...

JerrySeinfeld
05-11-2015, 02:46 PM
the thing that fans never do is view things from a management or coaching perspective, and out of all of the guys generally in the top 15 all time lists, lebron easily seems like the biggest pain in the ass for management, coaches, and teammates to deal with.

he just comes across as a player who wants to do things his way, doesn't want to shoulder the blame, isn't willing to stick to a long-term game plan of building up a contender, can get so pissy that he will refuse to play, take a 2 week vacation, leverage his way to the FO trading his teammates away.

I mean I see articles about Kyrie playing hurt right now and shit and how it could long term affect his health and all I think about is Wiggins being gone and Love getting ready to follow suit, and it's all because of LeBron.

So yeah if he's playing like he has this year in the playoffs, vs competition far easier than he would be out West, and he's mortgaging the future of the franchise, and the team is basically a lock to not win the chip, it just doesn't seem worth it.

Cleveland may have been straight up better off just telling LeBron to **** off rather than signing him, because they would have never had to trade Wiggins away for another guy who doesn't respect LeBron and is ready to leave himself.

Never thought I'd say that Cleveland would have been better just simply saying 'no' to LeBron but he has looked that bad this postseason. It's just getting masked because of how bad the competition around him in the East is as well. If LeBron was out West right now, he'd be getting straight up exposed.

KiiiiNG
05-11-2015, 02:53 PM
the thing that fans never do is view things from a management or coaching perspective, and out of all of the guys generally in the top 15 all time lists, lebron easily seems like the biggest pain in the ass for management, coaches, and teammates to deal with.

he just comes across as a player who wants to do things his way, doesn't want to shoulder the blame, isn't willing to stick to a long-term game plan of building up a contender, can get so pissy that he will refuse to play, take a 2 week vacation, leverage his way to the FO trading his teammates away.

I mean I see articles about Kyrie playing hurt right now and shit and how it could long term affect his health and all I think about is Wiggins being gone and Love getting ready to follow suit, and it's all because of LeBron.

So yeah if he's playing like he has this year in the playoffs, vs competition far easier than he would be out West, and he's mortgaging the future of the franchise, and the team is basically a lock to not win the chip, it just doesn't seem worth it.

Cleveland may have been straight up better off just telling LeBron to **** off rather than signing him. Never thought I'd say that but he has looked that bad this postseason. It's just getting masked because of how bad the competition around him in the East is as well.
you could also argue thats the exact reason why hes seen so much success

theres a certain level of urgency that follows lebron. i like the win now attitude because at the end of the day all you really have is now. you can talk the future all you want but if love doesnt get injured this team likely wins this year and is a heavy contender for the next few years

lebron comes off as a guy who demands a lot out of everyone around him. which could be interpreted as him being a spoiled brat looking for shortcuts but you cant really argue with the complete and utter turnaround of the cavs franchise since hes been back

new coach, new players, new standards..

wherever lebron goes talent seems to stack up around him and they tend to compete for championships..

cant really argue with that. without lebron the cavs would probably never get over the hump. they still might not but they have a way way better chance

Ramza
05-11-2015, 03:11 PM
He himself is playing like trash, it's just that his opponents are playing like more trash.

Never cared much about changing the playoff format up until this year now that I am less busy and actually able to catch all of the playoff games. The basketball out East is pathetic. You'll get long stretches where teams can't even score 1 point. Tons of turnovers, coaching mishaps. Overall a joke conference that needs to either

A. Get moved down a tier and replace the D-League and just move the D-League down another tier

or

B. Exist in it's current state but with a different playoff format so that going off of teams records we only get 2-3 East teams in the playoffs.

Right now well over HALF of the Western Conference would have a good chance at making the Eastern Conference Finals, ISH.
http://new3.fjcdn.com/thumbnails/comments/For+mcavoy+he+didn+t+have+to+anything+drastic+like +losing+_cda1585d54057483e2501bbc453d98cf.gif