PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else notice that EJ (Ernie Johnson) disrespects

MJ(Mean John)
05-12-2015, 04:29 AM
Chuck and sometimes Shaq?

Look for it next time. If Charles says something, for example he would say "See, if you look it up, you will see that Memphis outplayed them in the 2nd Half when.."

EJ cuts him off and speaks over him, sarcastically saying "But they lost" and he makes a stupid Face.

Anyway, I see each time I watch, that EJ looks like he gets annoyed by Chuck and I get it. Some of the stuff he says but honestly. Have some Fcken respect. Who the F is Ernie Johnson? He isn't shit. Only reason they are on, is because of a guy like Chuck. An All TIME, Top 20 Talent in this League. In addition, the guy is funny. People wouldn't watch the show if it was Just EJ. Ppl watch to see Chuck

Anyway. It just grinds my gears when I hear him Cutt off the Retired Players and act all annoyed by them. Like dude thinks he's a Big Shot. F Em.

Tell me I'm not the only MF who thinks that.

warriorfan
05-12-2015, 04:32 AM
he cuts them off when they cross the line from funny and insightful to just plain retarded

MJ(Mean John)
05-12-2015, 04:33 AM
he cuts them off when they cross the line from funny and insightful to just plain retarded

Not always. Just pay attention to his little power trips.

Imtheman
05-12-2015, 04:34 AM
Its EJ show. He can disrespect anyone he wants

jbryan1984
05-12-2015, 04:35 AM
Trust me, EJ loves Shaq. He could not wait for him to retire and join his crew.

Akrazotile
05-12-2015, 04:37 AM

Look for it next time. If Charles says something, for example he would say "See, if you look it up, you will see that Memphis outplayed them in the 2nd Half when.."

EJ cuts him off and speaks over him, sarcastically saying "But they lost" and he makes a stupid Face.

Anyway, I see each time I watch, that EJ looks like he gets annoyed by Chuck and I get it. Some of the stuff he says but honestly. Have some Fcken respect. Who the F is Ernie Johnson? He isn't shit. Only reason they are on, is because of a guy like Chuck. An All TIME, Top 20 Talent in this League. In addition, the guy is funny. People wouldn't watch the show if it was Just EJ. Ppl watch to see Chuck

Anyway. It just grinds my gears when I hear him Cutt off the Retired Players and act all annoyed by them. Like dude thinks he's a Big Shot. F Em.

I think he's often just making the counterpoint that he assumes most of the viewers at home are thinking, but obviously can't ask through the television...

Lensanity
05-12-2015, 04:37 AM
That show would crash and burn without EJ.

theaussieguy
05-12-2015, 04:45 AM
honestly I don't blame him, everytime I listen to anyone on that board talk that isn't EJ I feel like I lose iq points. He is surrounded by guys that only know how to joke and act like fools because their entire life is on easy mode. Amazing ballers, pathetic at anything else.

NattyPButter
05-12-2015, 04:55 AM
That show would crash and burn without EJ.

know it wouldn't...the show would still be funny without him. Now if Chuck wasn't on the show then it would crash and burn. Show always seem boring when he's missing.

Akrazotile
05-12-2015, 04:59 AM
know it wouldn't...the show would still be funny without him. Now if Chuck wasn't on the show then it would crash and burn. Show always seem boring when he's missing.

This. All the guys are valuable and the chemistry and balance between them is really good, but Chuck is clearly the 1st option and the other guys are the role players :lol

JohnFreeman
05-12-2015, 05:04 AM
Shaq would piss anyone off

Cleverness
05-12-2015, 05:36 AM
I thought that making fun of Charles has always been part of the script :confusedshrug:

Hit_Em
05-12-2015, 05:36 AM

yup...That sealed it OP is a ****** if we even needed anymore evidence

MP.Trey
05-12-2015, 06:16 AM
He's been dealing with their rambling for years now, it's bound to get on your nerves sometimes. Ask Chuck about the Wizards-Hawks game and he end up describing the entire PGA tour in detail.

MP.Trey
05-12-2015, 06:17 AM
Btw, go watch the 30 for 30 on EJ and you might change your whole outlook on the "EJ ain't shit" thing.

ILLsmak
05-12-2015, 06:45 AM
Ern is arguably a legend as well. He def spoon feeds guys sometimes too. Guys disrespect each other a lot in life. There's a difference between being a psycho and razzing someone. Everyone knows shaq and chuck say wild shit. Kenny says shit to them, too. Ernie is the host. Like I said dudes been on tv for a minute.

Ernie is like the pg of the show.

-Smak

ArbitraryWater
05-12-2015, 07:20 AM
Yeah... I remember one show where he was just being an annoying asshole all-around, he can do those cut offs things or funny faces alot also.. but he's okay, its kind of a new thing from him IMO, just bothered by the Shaq protection on there... Chuck takes all the heat.

edrick
05-12-2015, 08:00 AM
EJ is a damn saint, anybody else would have killed both Shaq and Chuck by now. Both are annoying as shit.

Lebron23
05-12-2015, 08:04 AM
Ernie Johnson is the Michael Cole and Jim Ross while Shaq and Barkley are the JBL, Jerry Lawler, Tazz and Booker T.

Darius
05-12-2015, 12:37 PM
Without EJ keeping those morons in check that show would collapse under the weight of its own egos

T_L_P
05-12-2015, 12:39 PM
With the amount of times Barkley has threatened to hit Ernie or knock him out, I'm surprised this thread is about EJ's supposed lack of respect.

Heavincent
05-12-2015, 01:04 PM
Because Charles and Shaq say some nonsensical shit. Like Charles' point about the Grizzlies' small ball lineup made no sense. They didn't even make a dent in the lead in the second half, so Ernie was understandably bewildered. I'm glad EJ questions them instead of going along with it. I also love how EJ gets visibly frustrated by Shaq's repetitive jokes :oldlol:

I love Inside the NBA (best studio show by far), but the actual analysis isn't that great or insightful. Kenny is the only one who articulates his opinions well.

FreezingTsmoove
05-12-2015, 01:12 PM
Ern aint shit. Yeah he's funny at times but they are wasting comedy potential having him there. I remember I think last week or 2 weeks ago they replaced Ernie with that white guy from NBA tv and it was absolutely hillarious watching Shaq and Chuck unchained :oldlol: :oldlol: Imagine Gary Payton there instead of EJ or Webber, or even Reggie Miller :oldlol: I would have abs by the end of the season laughing so much

The real problem is Kenny however. He doesn't look like he wants to be there anymore, and he isn't funny anymore.

Spurs5Rings2014
05-12-2015, 02:49 PM
Imagine Gary Payton there instead of EJ or Webber, or even Reggie Miller :oldlol: I would have abs by the end of the season laughing so much

That wouldn't work at all. They need someone there to keep everything rolling. If you just had another color retired guy on there, they'd just all talk over each other and Chuck would go on a rant for 10 minutes then the commercial break music would start playing. Like someone else said, Ernie is the PG. His job is to run the offense. With no one to run the offense, you'd just have everyone chucking up shots and people dribbling entire possessions.

MJ(Mean John)
05-12-2015, 04:18 PM
Now time out here.

I never said that EJ Wasn't needed. I was saying that at times, I feel like he's pushing it by talking to legends in the way that he's talking to them. I get it, there's a point where you cut Chuck off, blah blah. It's true. But let's face it. 90% of the people who watch that show, watch it FOR Chuck. He's Fcken Hilarious. And EJ, not mad at em, because I do UNDERSTAND that he is necessary for the show. I do.

And the PG comparison is spot on. But it's like Charles is a Prime Chuck out there and EJ is... Just a regular PG. nothing special. A bench player that gets to start by default because the team is stacked and he's the only PG on the roster.

wally_world
05-12-2015, 04:20 PM
I honestly think he's getting fed up with some of the nonsense going on (esp after Shaq joined the crew)

sundizz
05-12-2015, 04:22 PM
Wow simple minded simpleton (op).

Ernie is Popovich out there. He lets em do what they want, but brings it all together brilliantly on the fly/years of preparation and stage presence.

Without him there would be no direction to the show and it'd be basketball's version of Springer.

bdreason
05-12-2015, 04:46 PM
Ernie getting annoyed with Chuck is part of the show.

bluechox2
05-12-2015, 04:51 PM
it sucks for those who go to 4 years of college to try and break into a field of television analyst/ and learning how to speak the proper etiquette ...but these crack ass flamed basketball players get prime spots right after retirement...i dont mind that at all, everyone would like to see what great players have to say, but man atleast go to school to learn how to talk and announce. 95 % of the time chucks mouth is faster than his brain so some of the shit comes out so incoherent... Kenny is the only one that sound intelligent and speaks well.