PDA

View Full Version : Are the Hawks the luckiest team ever in NBA playoffs history?

Kiddlovesnets
05-12-2015, 09:36 AM
Well they played the Nets in 1st round. Dont get me wrong, I am a Nets fan, but we truly sucked this year and the Hawks were fortunate they played us in 1st round, or they probably wouldnt have made it this far. And then the Wizards, which actually can beat them in a 7 games series if healthy. But a Wall-less wizards are no match for the Hawks. In ECF they will play Cavs or Bulls, both struggling with injuries to key players. Assuming they make it to NBA finals, they may play the Clippers or Grizzlies which also have star players with injuries.

So has there ever been a team with such insurmountable luck that they only play injury-plagued teams or sub .500 teams on their way to NBA finals/titles? I know the Hawks have injured players too, such as Thabo Sefolosha, but I am talking about injuries to star/key players, not to bench warmers. I dont think I've ever seen one since I began watching this sports in 1998, and I doubt it ever happened in the entire NBA history either.
:biggums:

lilteapot
05-12-2015, 09:40 AM
It's not luck, it's just what you are entitled to when you're a top seed in the East.

Atlanta peaked in March and they lost their edge ever since. Here's hoping they regain that edge, but they look pretty weak. Like they just expected to waltz into the ECF and then suddenly raise their game.

Nuff Said
05-12-2015, 09:56 AM
Miami had a pretty easy run last year till the finals at least

shootingcomets
05-12-2015, 10:00 AM
Their biggest luck is that they are in the east

L.A. Jazz
05-12-2015, 10:04 AM
i would say the 99 Knicks were the luckiest i have seen. dont get me wrong, they played hard and fought for the victories but they got lucky many times.

Loved that team with the bigmen rotation of young Camby, hobbled LJ, THE Chris Dudley, goofy Kurt Thomas and injured Ewing. What a mess, but all great guys i liked to watch competing.

NDaATL
05-12-2015, 10:38 AM
Well they played the Nets in 1st round. Dont get me wrong, I am a Nets fan, but we truly sucked this year and the Hawks were fortunate they played us in 1st round, or they probably wouldnt have made it this far. And then the Wizards, which actually can beat them in a 7 games series if healthy. But a Wall-less wizards are no match for the Hawks. In ECF they will play Cavs or Bulls, both struggling with injuries to key players. Assuming they make it to NBA finals, they may play the Clippers or Grizzlies which also have star players with injuries.

So has there ever been a team with such insurmountable luck that they only play injury-plagued teams or sub .500 teams on their way to NBA finals/titles? I know the Hawks have injured players too, such as Thabo Sefolosha, but I am talking about injuries to star/key players, not to bench warmers. I dont think I've ever seen one since I began watching this sports in 1998, and I doubt it ever happened in the entire NBA history either.

The Hawks are as banged up as anyone. Our best defender (Sefalosha) is out. Teague has been playing on a bum ankle for the past month, and seems to re-roll it every game, Horford has a dislocated finger on his shooting hand and hasn't been able to shoot all playoffs. Millsap has a bum shoulder and had the flu the past game, and now it's looking like Carroll has a hip pointer.

The injury excuse is BS.

Taller than CP3
05-12-2015, 10:38 AM
F*ck the Hawks, they're the biggest pretenders in the NBA. They're a poor man's San Antonio Spurs and everyone knows it. I hope their team gets sold for having poor attendance. Atlanta can suck my ****.

sd3035
05-12-2015, 10:40 AM
Miami*

NDaATL
05-12-2015, 10:43 AM
F*ck the Hawks, they're the biggest pretenders in the NBA. They're a poor man's San Antonio Spurs and everyone knows it. I hope their team gets sold for having poor attendance. Atlanta can suck my ****.

What have the Hawks done to get so much hate? We've never won anything.

I typically root for the underdogs or new blood, but I guess most people like to see the same teams win over and over again.

Legends66NBA7
05-12-2015, 10:52 AM
Still should make it to the Finals. They have been good for a while and are in good position.

What have the Hawks done to get so much hate ?

Probably because of certain fans on here.

Run&Gun=Fun
05-12-2015, 10:56 AM
How can someone's own luck be insurmountable?

FreezingTsmoove
05-12-2015, 11:32 AM

I never saw the Spurs comparison at all. They remind me of the East Version of the Grizzlies but instead of a lockdown defender at SG they have a knockdown shooter, and a better backup PG

Real14
05-12-2015, 11:34 AM
i would say the 99 Knicks were the luckiest i have seen. dont get me wrong, they played hard and fought for the victories but they got lucky many times.

:coleman: :coleman: :coleman: :coleman: :coleman: :coleman: :coleman: :coleman: :coleman: :coleman:

Yoshi
05-12-2015, 11:34 AM
It's not luck, it's just what you are entitled to when you're a top seed in the East.

This. They earned 1st seed, which allows them to beat up on a cruddy 8th seed team. Now the 2nd and 3rd seeded teams are beating up on each other, which happens all the time, again, another perk of being 1st seed. Yes, Wall going down is a benefit to them, but that isn't enough to put them even close to "luckiest team ever" category.

Magic 32
05-12-2015, 11:38 AM
Any team that gets to the finals from the East is lucky.

Add another one to the list

http://s29.postimg.org/a8mi6c26v/Mountrushmore.jpg

hawksdogsbraves
05-12-2015, 12:54 PM
That's just what we get for being the 1 seed in this joke of a conference :confusedshrug:

If you're an Eastern Conf. team who doesn't like it, then win more games. If you're a Western Conf. team who doesn't like it, suck it up.

Kiddlovesnets
05-12-2015, 03:29 PM
The Hawks are as banged up as anyone. Our best defender (Sefalosha) is out. Teague has been playing on a bum ankle for the past month, and seems to re-roll it every game, Horford has a dislocated finger on his shooting hand and hasn't been able to shoot all playoffs. Millsap has a bum shoulder and had the flu the past game, and now it's looking like Carroll has a hip pointer.

The injury excuse is BS.

Oh come on, Sefalosha has been totally mediocre since last season and is a complete bench warmer now. I dont consider him getting injured has any influence on the Hawks game. The other teams have their best players, star players or at least key players injured, you have a benchwarmer ineligible to play and you are calling this equal?
:rolleyes:

ATL_Bball_King
05-12-2015, 04:08 PM
Hawks still have far ways to go to get to the finals...they are learning game by game though...

WallIn
05-12-2015, 08:17 PM

The injury excuse is BS.

Then I wonder what was the point of you bringing up your entire starting 5 having injuries to their pinky or having a flu.

k0kakw0rld
05-12-2015, 08:25 PM

http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/512660giphy1.gif (http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=512660giphy1.gif)