the_troof
05-12-2015, 01:00 PM
#SaveTheBrow

Haymaker
05-12-2015, 01:03 PM
In before they hire Brooks. :D

PJR
05-12-2015, 01:07 PM
Hopefully Anthony Davis signs his qualifying offer and becomes a free agent in 2017. That organization has been a shithole.

FreezingTsmoove
05-12-2015, 01:08 PM
Traded Nerlens Noel for Jrue Holiday :wtf: :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

I wish I could have seen that block party

Akrazotile
05-12-2015, 01:16 PM
Contract the team and put Davis on the Cavs already for god sake :facepalm

imnew09
05-12-2015, 01:19 PM
Tyreke and Jrue cant make a play/shot for sh**

Eric Cartman
05-12-2015, 01:20 PM
Contract the team and put Davis on the Lakers already for god sake :facepalm
fixed

Yoshi
05-12-2015, 01:21 PM
I'm surprised it took this long.

kshutts1
05-12-2015, 01:26 PM
After the Bulls lose to the Cavs, trade an unprotected first for Thibs?

As a Bulls fan, I don't want to do that. But honestly, Thibs is as good as gone unless we win a title this year. Which we won't. May as well get a mid first round pick for him.

Bernkastel
05-12-2015, 02:10 PM
Had to be done for basketball reasons.

ApexPredator
05-12-2015, 02:17 PM
Needed to happen sooner.

Spurs5Rings2014
05-12-2015, 02:17 PM
What's the point of that? Not like they underachieved against the #1 seed 67 win Warriors or anything. That team wasn't ever getting past the first round.

ApexPredator
05-12-2015, 02:20 PM
What's the point of that? Not like they underachieved against the #1 seed 67 win Warriors or anything. That team wasn't ever getting past the first round.

I think Monty has the reputation as a player development guy. Now it is time to get a coach that can take the team to another level. Also, you wouldn't want to wait until Davis is a FA to fire him, and have AD question a team in turnover. Get a solid coach now so you can try to retain AD when he is a FA.

ISHGoat
05-12-2015, 02:33 PM
cant believe these joke franchises and joke cities like new orleans, cleveland, oklahoma city, chicago have the league's mvps of the past and future

Johnny Jones
05-12-2015, 02:42 PM
Is this board for real? After the playoffs and especially after the epic choke in game 3, it seemed like this board thought monty was one of the worst coaches in the league and holding the pelocans back. Now yall nikkas defending him????

Legends66NBA7
05-12-2015, 02:45 PM
Not that I think Monty is great coach, but there are worse coaches in he league.

I'm quite surprised that Dwane Casey still has his job, considering Monty is probably a better coach than him.

Sarcastic
05-12-2015, 02:52 PM
Is this board for real? After the playoffs and especially after the epic choke in game 3, it seemed like this board thought monty was one of the worst coaches in the league and holding the pelocans back. Now yall nikkas defending him????

Did you expect them to make the playoffs this year? I doubt most people predicted they would make it in the west.

Johnny Jones
05-12-2015, 02:54 PM
Did you expect them to make the playoffs this year? I doubt most people predicted they would make it in the west.
What does that have to do with anything? This board's perception of Monty after the playoffs was that he was the laughing stock of the league, he was holding AD back, etc etc. And now all the sudden Monty is the most underrated coach in the league.

Replay32
05-12-2015, 02:58 PM
I'm surprised it took this long.

This. There's no excuse for his team to not be fundamental sound enough to box out in game 3. That's why they lost that game. Plus his end game play calling/execution is consistently terrible.

Mawly-G
05-12-2015, 03:06 PM
The Pelicans have too much talent to be as average as they are (granted they've had a bunch of injuries throughout the years), so I think a coaching change is warranted. That 20 point meltdown in Game 3 (where Monty had Ryan Anderson on the bench even though he was hot the entire game), was also a red flag.

Spaulding
05-12-2015, 03:09 PM
Wtf...

Davis needs to get out and on the Spurs ASAP.

KG215
05-12-2015, 03:13 PM
cant believe these joke franchises and joke cities like new orleans, cleveland, oklahoma city, chicago have the league's mvps of the past and future
Please, tell us more. What are the non-joke franchises and cities in the NBA? In your opinion, where should all MVPs (past, present, and future) play? And if you could go back in time and take any past MVP winner that played for a joke franchise, which non-joke franchise would you put him on and why?

Sarcastic
05-12-2015, 03:14 PM
What does that have to do with anything? This board's perception of Monty after the playoffs was that he was the laughing stock of the league, he was holding AD back, etc etc. And now all the sudden Monty is the most underrated coach in the league.

Well who are they replacing him with, because he had better take them to the playoffs.

Kiddlovesnets
05-12-2015, 03:27 PM
This is totally uncalled for, finally made the playoffs and you got this...
:biggums:

bdreason
05-12-2015, 03:31 PM
Monty has been on his way out for awhile now. It has little or nothing to do with teams performance in the playoffs.

Patrick Chewing
05-12-2015, 03:34 PM
Tyreke and Jrue cant make a play/shot for sh**

That idiot GOBB a couple years back talking about Jrue's elite PG status :oldlol:

Fallen Angel
05-12-2015, 03:35 PM
This move was made one season too late, in my opinion. If Monty Williams was fired at this time last year then there wouldn't be much of a reluctant reaction from Pelicans' players and NBA fans.

This man lead New Orleans to its first postseason in the Chris Paul-era and you fire the man? You let your star player grow a huge bond between his coach through letting them both compete with Team USA and now the both of them making their postseason debut as a duo, and you fire him?

This is bad timing on the part that Monty Williams gave this group of guys a taste of the playoffs and what it means to compete. This now puts pressure on the new coach of the Pelicans to reach higher than Coach Williams did with this group of players. If it is indeed Tom Thibodeau who the Pelicans are searching to be the replacement, you have to wonder if his style of 48 minute basketball is healthy for a team where the three of the starters have a history of injury.

The reports is that the Pelicans GM fired Monty because he wanted to secure power in the organization, that tells me there was a rift between either the coach vs. the executives or the players and coach vs. the executives. Whether way it was, the GM of the Pelicans has put himself in pressure to have a great offseason. This team has no 1st Round Pick, this team has no Head Coach, and this team has no direction for the future. It's like the Pelicans trade whatever pick or valuable asset they have to a team for a namely player (Jrue Holiday, Tyreke Evans, Omer Asik) and hope they fit in with Anthony Davis and company.

Cleverness
05-12-2015, 03:35 PM
I think Monty has the reputation as a player development guy. Now it is time to get a coach that can take the team to another level. Also, you wouldn't want to wait until Davis is a FA to fire him, and have AD question a team in turnover. Get a solid coach now so you can try to retain AD when he is a FA.

This

Shouldn't have been fired though. He's a good coach who the players rally around.

04mzwach
05-12-2015, 03:36 PM
You have a good point. He'd be about perfect because he didn't deserve to get fired in the first place. :applause:

sportjames23
05-12-2015, 04:17 PM

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Genaro
05-12-2015, 04:31 PM
I don't watch that many Pelicans' games so I can't really talk about Monty's coaching but this firing surprise me. They didn't fire him when he wasn't winning, the team wins 45 games, make the playoffs for the first time in 5 years and they fire him? Makes no sense.

christian1923
05-12-2015, 04:37 PM
Crazy.

Black coaches just don't have a long leash in sports.