PDA

View Full Version : This is Lebrons only chance to pass Kobe, tbh

Dizzle-2k7
05-12-2015, 05:12 PM
Every other ring will be with the most stacked squad in the league (3 superstars + great roleplayers)..

Hes finally on an even scale with Kobe/MJ/Duncan etc...

Ive said before, as long as Lebron plays with 2 superstars , he'll never pass Kobe.. no matter how many rings ..

but now hes on a fair team..... cmon Lebron, prove you're top 5 all time like KBlaze and RBA say you are.

ShawkFactory
05-12-2015, 05:14 PM
Every other ring will be with the most stacked squad in the league (3 superstars + great roleplayers)..

Ive said before, as long as Lebron plays with 2 superstars , he'll never pass Kobe.. no matter how many rings ..

but now hes on a fair team..... cmon Lebron, prove you're top 5 all time like KBlaze and RBA say you are.
What do you mean an even scale? Kobe was on the most stacked team in the league in 2009 (after the Garnett injury) and 2010. With all these injuries Cleveland is not at all.

Ca$H
05-12-2015, 05:15 PM

Nope he plays in the East. I'll put him above Clyde Drexler if he can win the championship this year.

Magic 32
05-12-2015, 05:16 PM
What do you mean an even scale? Kobe was on the most stacked team in the league in 2009

http://blogimages.thescore.com/tbj/files/2012/11/andrew-bynum-costume-3.jpg

Rose'sACL
05-12-2015, 05:17 PM

only duncan in 2003 fits your logic.

are you sure that watched kobe and MJ win rings? Even if you didn't, you can watch the games on youtube or see rosters on bballreference. Really easy to not be this wrong.

Velocirap31
3 superstars and great role players?? They had a better team minus Lebron this year with a revitalized Wade and they're a lottery team. Don't blame it on later injuries to Wade and Bosh's sickness, they were still a below .500 team before Bosh went out.

VengefulAngel
Some of you are getting real desperate.

Quite embarrassing.

G0ATbe
05-12-2015, 05:21 PM

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/14kwrhk.gif

No. He needs to win 5 legit rings. And even then it would have been out East and absolutely meaningless. Unless Silver changes the playoff setup and LeBald wins 5 legit rings and drops 81+ points at some point, he'll never be in the same breath.

NumberSix
05-12-2015, 05:27 PM
Pass him? You mean, like.... Lap him? :confusedshrug:

COnDEMnED
05-12-2015, 05:34 PM
Lebrons chance to pass Kobe ended with the decision. One ring on his original team is worth more than the two* he got with the super friends, and the potential one* he gets this year with super friends 2.0 combined.

ShawkFactory
05-12-2015, 05:35 PM
Lebrons chance to pass Kobe ended with the decision. One ring on his original team is worth more than the two* he got with the super friends, and the potential one* he gets this year with super friends 2.0 combined.
What if one of them is injured?

Hey Yo
05-12-2015, 05:36 PM
Pass him? You mean, like.... Lap him? :confusedshrug:
Kobe's still in pit row, 10 laps down. with a deflated ego.

COnDEMnED
05-12-2015, 05:41 PM
What if one of them is injured?
If you play all season long and get injured in the first round, if they win, do you still get a ring? Having said that, the "injured one" might not even be the third best player. No excuses.

ShawkFactory
05-12-2015, 05:44 PM
If you play all season long and get injured in the first round, if they win, do you still get a ring? Having said that, the "injured one" might not even be the third best player. No excuses.
:kobe:

COnDEMnED
05-12-2015, 05:49 PM
:kobe:
Think of it this way, the first two options are so good, the potential third best option (arguably) is such a non factor, you can bench him in 4th quarters and still make the 2nd seed in the East. No excuses.

RoundMoundOfReb
05-12-2015, 05:51 PM
LeBron passed Kobe 2 years ago

ShawkFactory
05-12-2015, 05:52 PM
Think of it this way, the first two options are so good, the potential third best option (arguably) is such a non factor, you can bench him in 4th quarters and still make the 2nd seed in the East. No excuses.
So with Love out and Irving hobbled, you'll fault Lebron for not winning a title...even if he plays well?

Also, why did you put "injured one" in quotes? Are you implying that he's not injured?

HOoopCityJones
05-12-2015, 05:54 PM
LeBron passed Kobe 2 years ago

In how many Teams played for.

COnDEMnED
05-12-2015, 06:07 PM
So with Love out and Irving hobbled, you'll fault Lebron for not winning a title...even if he plays well?

Also, why did you put "injured one" in quotes? Are you implying that he's not injured?
Is Lebron better than Irving? Is he the best in the league? If yes, you're expected to win it all. He should at least make it to the ECF. It's not just Cleveland that's dealing with injuries, everyone is. Some being the number 1 or 2 players on opposing teams. If your best 2 players are still healthy enough to compete, and your best player is the best in the world, no ****ing excuses what so ever.

As far as "injured one", I did that because you didn't list him by name in your first post. I followed suit.

PJR
05-12-2015, 06:10 PM
No sane, rational human being believes Kobe is better than LeBron.

Kblaze8855
05-12-2015, 06:12 PM

Show me saying that. Please. You always mention shit you think I think...ive never seen you answer me when I ask to see it. Ive never said it or anything like it. This is me in every example I can find of me discussing Lebron vs....some all time elite player:

Me on Lebron vs Hakeem:

Just depends on if you mean basketball or resume. Lebron has a better resume already than most legends. Hes gonna blow Hakeems away.

Id still rather have Hakeem on my team. All the rest is pretty whatever to me in situations like this where I have seen the entire career of both sides. Im not guessing like I am with some older players.

I know what Hakeem could do...and Lebron. Not taking Lebron. Its not like....5 levels apart. But its not something id have to look at the team first either.

Id take Hakeem every time. Too disruptive on defense with the right mix of skill and aggression on offense.

If Lebron more often played the way hes capable of id take him. Id take out to prove a point Lebron over Hakeem. I wouldnt take average Lebron though.

Me on Lebron vs Bird and Magic:

Ive seen all 3...a lot. I wouldnt take Lebron over either of them. And I dont even remember really young Bird.

You could make a case to take Lebron and I wouldnt call you an idiot for it......but I wouldnt.

Id say both of them had even more of the main thing id use to justify taking Lebron over the likes of Kobe....they generated chemistry and made other players perform at a high level night in night out.

Plus they are on the short list of guys id say were better passers at their size, they both had a will to win I think blows Lebrons away, and both proved they could score him...if they chose to. And I believe the list of players they make worse with their presence is virtually non existant.

Unselfish as Lebron may be he forces his teammates to bend to his style of game. And effective one...but hes a guy id hesitate to put next to say....Kevin Mchale. I dont see James Worthy having the same career next to Lebron.

Lebron needs role players and stars who gradually accept their position below him and his ball control. Dude is clearing out the likes of Wade sending them to the corners so he can back out to halfcourt and drive and dish 3-4 times a game. I dont know if thats gonna fly with people not inclined to be put in the back seat.

I dont think Lebron is too selfish to change...I think hes too effective to feel he should. And really...he is. But its not what id want on my team. You couldnt build a team like the Spurs with Lebron on it. A "Next man up..." everyone does his thing no matter who plays or who doesnt...chemistry driven team. He takes too much on himself and when hes off it leaves too much to be done.

A magic or bird team with the same players I think makes for a better TEAM....

I dont think its by chance that he won damn near 70 games with role players but 50 something with Wade, Bosh, and similar role players.

Let me take one....its probably Bird....with Magic if I dont trust my guards...

I wouldnt really consider Lebron. Doesnt make him like miles worse. You can put him in their general area. I just dont want to build the team he needs.

Me on Lebron vs Jordan:

Far as Lebron....Jordan simply....either had a greater desire to win or at least played angrier which made him appear to. He was also a better midrange shooter, man to man defender, and less likely to defer to a worse player down the stretch. If Lebron had Jordans "Something to prove" mentality he might be Jordan good...if he also had a better 10-18 foot game.

As things are...Jordan is just better.

He could have won 1 ring or 35. I dont need that information to see who was best among those three.

There are topics I ranked Lebron behind Duncan as a player....topics I ranked him behind Shaq. I made a topic once listing 11 bigmen alone id have to at least consider taking over Lebron or Kobe to build a team.

Nobody has ever seen me say Lebron is ahead of Russell. Or Wilt. Or Jordan...or Kareem. Or magic, Bird, Duncan, Hakeem, or Shaq.

The only....and I do mean only....guy who often gets into such discussions you could find me saying Lebron is better than?

Kobe.

Only one.

But I say Lebron is top 5?

You pull that out of your ass every now and then for years and never even show me a speck of evidence I even so much as hinted at it. Hell you once said:

I get so rustled when ESPN and Kblaze tell me that Lebron is gonna pass Jordan.

You show me any evidence I said Lebron is gonna surpass Michael Jordan as a player or even surpass his accolades ill buy you dinner in the form of a gift card. Today.

The minute you post it. 20 dollar gift card from anywhere that lets me buy one online.

There is no way ive ever said anything a rational person could take to mean Lebron is or will be better than Michael Jordan.

Ive been saying for years Lebron isnt getting any better no matter what he accomplishes.

You are living in a world of your own creation if you think I think half the BS you say I do.

greatest-ever
05-12-2015, 06:17 PM
Lebron passed Kobe after the 2013 Finals. As he adds more top 5/top 10 level seasons he will only distance himself from Kobe further.

Embarassing thread.

COnDEMnED
05-12-2015, 06:21 PM
Lebron passed Kobe after the 2013 Finals. As he adds more top 5/top 10 level seasons he will only distance himself from Kobe further.

Embarassing thread.
Not as embarrassing as not knowing how to spell embarrassing. :cheers:

tmacattack33
05-12-2015, 06:23 PM

Hes finally on an even scale with Kobe/MJ/Duncan etc..

You must have been slipping in 2012 then, because Lebron lead the Heat the Finals to without Bosh, and then won them the Finals with an injured Bosh.

Magic 32
05-12-2015, 06:25 PM

Embarassing thread.

So Ray Allen pushed him over the top?

Provocative argument.

04mzwach
05-12-2015, 06:26 PM
This is Rose's chance to show them he can lead a team to the Finals

Smoke117
05-12-2015, 06:27 PM
A Kobe stan circle jerk...nice. I guess this is all you can do when the player you stan hasn't been relevant in about 5 years.

G0ATbe
05-12-2015, 06:45 PM
The only things he's passed Kobe in is finals losses:facepalm

COnDEMnED
05-12-2015, 06:48 PM
A Kobe stan circle jerk...nice. I guess this is all you can do when the player you stan hasn't been relevant in about 5 years.
5 years of irrelevance and you STILL can't pass him? DAMN

Smoke117
05-12-2015, 06:54 PM
5 years of irrelevance and you STILL can't pass him? DAMN

http://media.giphy.com/media/PrAMyghZaYjm/giphy.gif