PDA

View Full Version : Are we going to act like LAC, GSW, MEM, HOU and SAS wouldn't sweep this Bulls team?

3ball
05-12-2015, 11:56 PM
just wanted to throw that out there

J Shuttlesworth
05-13-2015, 12:00 AM
So would a healthy Cavs team

3ball
05-13-2015, 12:13 AM
So would a healthy Cavs team

The Bulls aren't healthy either.. But in Lebron-stan world, Pau's #2 option status on the Bulls < Love's 3rd option status..

Anyway, the point is that the Bulls are a garbage team - Lebron's 38 would be much more meaningful and impressive against one of those GOOD teams.

Btw, no one thinks a healthy Cavs team is as good as any of those teams.

SouBeachTalents
05-13-2015, 12:14 AM
The Bulls are equally injured.

But the point is that the Bulls are a garbage team - Lebron's 38 would be much more meaningful and impressive against one of those GOOD teams.

Btw, there no one thinks a healthy Cavs team is as good as any of those teams.

Agreed, his 37 against the Spurs in Game 7 was impressive

Spurs5Rings2014
05-13-2015, 12:16 AM

Why was it in Game 7, doe?

Mr. Jabbar
05-13-2015, 12:16 AM
there are literally only 2 eastern teams with a CHANCE (small) of advancing past western 1st round.

now let that sink in for a while

1~Gibson~1
05-13-2015, 12:17 AM
there are literally only 2 eastern teams with a CHANCE (small) of advancing past western 1st round.

now let that sink in for a while
Atlanta
Cleveland
Chicago
Washington

I counted 4.

3ball
05-13-2015, 12:18 AM
aw how cute.. lebron has so few clutch games, that you can actually single-out the 1 or 2 that he has in his career.. :applause:

i can't do that with mj... just way too many games... impossible to single out just 1... Heck, through 30 years old (MJ's first 3-peat), he averaged 35 PPG / 7 APG / 50% FG in playoffs and 36 PPG / 8 APG / 53% in Finals.

J Shuttlesworth
05-13-2015, 12:19 AM
The Bulls aren't healthy either.. But in Lebron-stan world, Pau's #2 option status on the Bulls < Love's 3rd option status..

Anyway, the point is that the Bulls are a garbage team - Lebron's 38 would be much more meaningful and impressive against one of those GOOD teams.

Pau isn't #2 on the Bulls. Butler and Rose are the #1 options, and they are both healthy

Kyrie is hobbled
Love is out for the season
Varejao is out for the season
Shumpert's groin injury

Sorry, but there's no world in which the Cavs and Bulls health problems are remotely comparable right now.

inclinerator
05-13-2015, 12:20 AM
i highly highly doubt it

J Shuttlesworth
Why was it in Game 7, doe?
Because he had a 32 pt triple double the game before?

1~Gibson~1
aw how cute.. lebron has so few clutch games, that you can actually single-out the 1 or 2 that he has in his career.. :applause:

i can't do that with mj... just way too many games... impossible to single out just 1... Heck, through 30 years old (MJ's first 3-peat), he averaged 35 PPG / 7 APG / 50% FG in playoffs and 36 PPG / 8 APG / 53% in Finals.If you're trying to compare Michael Jordan to LeBron James, you're wasting your time. That's a dead-end argument.

Mr. Jabbar
Atlanta
Cleveland

I counted 4.

:coleman:

lets be cereal

PJR
05-13-2015, 12:21 AM
Bran got OP and all these Kobe stans so shook brah.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
05-13-2015, 12:23 AM
Atlanta
Cleveland
Chicago
Washington

I counted 4.
Chicago and Atlanta lose to any west playoff team. THE NETS TOOK 2 GAMES FROM ATL, THE NETS!!!!!:roll: :roll: :roll: theyre strugglin to beat a Wizards team without its best player whos a top 10 player in the league:roll:

qrich
05-13-2015, 12:23 AM
Houston, no.

Mem would drop one.

3ball
05-13-2015, 12:24 AM
Pau isn't #2 on the Bulls. Butler and Rose are the #1 options, and they are both healthy

Kyrie is hobbled
Love is out for the season
Varejao is out for the season
Shumpert's groin injury

Sorry, but there's no world in which the Cavs and Bulls health problems are remotely comparable right now.
That's just how much Lebron stacked his team.. With the injuries, the Cavs' talent is more even with the rest of the league.

I had completely forgotten about Varejao's injury - that's how stacked Lebron's team is.

Btw, Kyrie isn't hobbled - he had a great game tonight, and truthfully, other than OKC, he's the best 2nd scoring option in the league.

TheMan
05-13-2015, 12:24 AM

i can't do that with mj... just way too many games... impossible to single out just 1... Heck, through 30 years old (MJ's first 3-peat), he averaged 35 PPG / 7 APG / 50% FG in playoffs and 36 PPG / 8 APG / 53% in Finals.
Can we not mention MJ in one of your threads that isn't about Jordan ever please? Give it a rest, bro. Let's just talk about these playoffs

1~Gibson~1
05-13-2015, 12:25 AM

lets be cerealstop overrating the West.

The Western conference is great and on average, they have better teams. But you're kidding me you if you think that Chicago or Washington have NO CHANCE against the Pelicans, TBlazers, and Mavericks.

I hate how ISH thinks the Western conference is invinsible but whatever.

Pointguard
05-13-2015, 12:26 AM
And the Bulls would sweep all of them without their second best player, their best player out of it every other game, and the coach scared to use their bench, and the refs going wacky every other game. You talk that after they were basically disabled. So Houston, SA, Memphis and LAC would be swept by a healthy Bulls team under the same conditions.

1~Gibson~1
05-13-2015, 12:27 AM
Chicago and Atlanta lose to any west playoff team. THE NETS TOOK 2 GAMES FROM ATL, THE NETS!!!!!:roll: :roll: :roll: theyre strugglin to beat a Wizards team without its best player whos a top 10 player in the league:roll:Pelicans, Mavericks, TBlazers. Stop overrating the west. See my last post.

qrich
05-13-2015, 12:28 AM
stop overrating the West.

The Western conference is great and on average, they have better teams. But you're kidding me you if you think that Chicago or Washington have NO CHANCE against the Pelicans, TBlazers, and Mavericks.

Yeah, but odds of those dudes having a seed high enough to face those sides is minimal.

J Shuttlesworth
05-13-2015, 12:29 AM
That's just how much Lebron stacked his team.. With the injuries, the Cavs' talent is more even with the rest of the league.

I had completely forgotten about Varejao's injury - that's how stacked Lebron's team is.

Btw, Kyrie isn't hobbled - he had a great game tonight, and truthfully, other than OKC, he's the best 2nd scoring option in the league.
Dude you are a ****ing idiot. If you don't think Kyrie is hobbled, you haven't watched the series at all. Why do you think Thibs keeps going to pick and rolls right at Kyrie?

There is literally no excuse for the Bulls not to be destroying the Cavs in this series considering the Bulls are at near full health. The Bulls 3rd option has been gone for 2 games, where the Cavs third option is gone for the series/season.

On and btw, the Cavs beat all the teams you mentioned on the road, mostly in a convincing fashion.... Houston being the exception

Smoke117
05-13-2015, 12:30 AM

There it is...:applause:

Mr. Jabbar
05-13-2015, 12:32 AM
stop overrating the West.

chi, wiz, they have below average chances, not zero... there are only 2 eastern teams with average or + chances to get out of 1st roud west, and that'll be solely if they play the lower seeds aka por, pels

Relinquish
05-13-2015, 12:33 AM

lets be cereal

With Wall, Wizards would've swept the Hawks. :confusedshrug:

1~Gibson~1
05-13-2015, 12:33 AM
Yeah, but odds of those dudes having a seed high enough to face those sides is minimal.Houston (2 vs. 7) and Portlant (4 vs. 5) are both vulnerable enough to lose to either of the 4.

plowking
05-13-2015, 12:35 AM
Chicago would beat both Memphis and Houston.

nba_55
05-13-2015, 12:36 AM
Chicago would sweep LAC, GSW, MEM, HOU and SAS. Prove me wrong! You can't! EAT SHIT!

nba_55
05-13-2015, 12:37 AM
Chicago and Atlanta lose to any west playoff team. THE NETS TOOK 2 GAMES FROM ATL, THE NETS!!!!!:roll: :roll: :roll: theyre strugglin to beat a Wizards team without its best player whos a top 10 player in the league:roll:

Chicago and Atlanta win against any wcf team. :banana: :banana: :banana:

nba_55
05-13-2015, 12:38 AM
chi, wiz, they have below average chances, not zero... there are only 2 eastern teams with average or + chances to get out of 1st roud west, and that'll be solely if they play the lower seeds aka por, pels

Chi and Wiz have 100% chance of winning against any wcf team. :banana: :banana:

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
05-13-2015, 12:39 AM
Chicago would beat both Memphis and Houston.
Chicago is a poor mans version of Memphis, how would they hope to guard ZBo/Marc? Their only hope is Taj lol. Tony would lock down any perimeter player he wants and Conley would light them up on the pickandroll. When Dunleavys ur best matchup in a series u r fcked

Houston has a better defense than Chicago and both offenses such. Jimmy is better than Hardon but Houston is too deep with too many weapons on offense liable to go off

1~Gibson~1
05-13-2015, 12:40 AM
chi, wiz, they have below average chances, not zero... there are only 2 eastern teams with average or + chances to get out of 1st roud west, and that'll be solely if they play the lower seeds aka por, pelsWell then now you're back tracking because that's not what you said at first.

The four teams from the East that would stand toe-to-toe with anyone in the West (aside from Golden State) are Washington, Cleveland, Atlanta, and Chicago.

The West is overrated anyway. Just look at the West's number 2 seed, Houston. Good win tonight, but overall in this series they have look like trash.

nba_55
05-13-2015, 12:40 AM
Chicago is a poor mans version of Memphis, how would they hope to guard ZBo/Marc? Their only hope is Taj lol. Tony would lock down any perimeter player he wants and Conley would light them up on the pickandroll. When Dunleavys ur best matchup in a series u r fcked

Houston has a better defense than Chicago and both offenses such. Jimmy is better than Hardon but Houston is too deep with too many weapons on offense liable to go off

Why should we take your predictions seriously? I'm sure you are one of those ''geniuses'' who told us JR was a cancer who wouldn't help Cavs in any way. You guys always talk like you know what would happen in hypothetical situations, but in reality, when you look back at predictions made, you are mostly wrong.

3ball
05-13-2015, 12:41 AM
Dude you are a ****ing idiot. If you don't think Kyrie is hobbled, you haven't watched the series at all. Why do you think Thibs keeps going to pick and rolls right at Kyrie?

There is literally no excuse for the Bulls not to be destroying the Cavs in this series considering the Bulls are at near full health. The Bulls 3rd option has been gone for 2 games, where the Cavs third option is gone for the series/season.

On and btw, the Cavs beat all the teams you mentioned on the road, mostly in a convincing fashion.... Houston being the exception

Timofey Mosgov is a premium Center - a real rim protector and inside presence - the Cavs only started winning a lot of games when they got him..

Mosgov, Iman Shumpert, JR Smith, Tristan Thompson, Kyrie Irving and Lebron - that's a ****ing solid team...

That's why they were considered the most stacked team in the league when Love and Varejao was healthy - honestly, it was an utterly ridiculous assemblage of talent, by far the best in itl... but now, they're still very solid.

nba_55
05-13-2015, 12:44 AM
Timofey Mosgov is a premium Center - a real rim protector and inside presence - the Cavs only started winning a lot of games when they got him..

Mosgov, Iman Shumpert, JR Smith, Tristan Thompson, Kyrie Irving and Lebron - that's a ****ing solid team... That's why they were considered the most stacked team in the league when Love and Varejao was healthy - honestly, an utterly ridiculous assemblage of talent.

Stoping talking crap. When Love and Varejao were healthy with Mozgov, Iman, JR? Varejao was gone for the season before Mozgov, JR and Iman joined the team.

plowking
05-13-2015, 12:50 AM

I have it the other way around.

Front courts are similar in talent, but Bulls have Mirotic and Gibson off the bench.
Back court goes to the Bulls. Rose and Butler are better than Mike and Tony.

I dunno, just my view. They are built similarly, but I just feel the Bulls are deeper.

r15mohd
05-13-2015, 12:51 AM

Mosgov, Iman Shumpert, JR Smith, Tristan Thompson, Kyrie Irving and Lebron - that's a ****ing solid team...

That's why they were considered the most stacked team in the league when Love and Varejao was healthy - honestly, it was an utterly ridiculous assemblage of talent, by far the best in itl... but now, they're still very solid.

You mention Iman and JR like they were worth a mention...they were garbage role players for the Knicks, now that they are producing on the Cavs, they are a ridiculous assemblage of talent. And exactly what has Mozgov done prior to hitting Cleveland?

Here's what you don't get and why I can't really take you on even tho I have many of the same sentiments for MJ as you do...Lebron makes all these players talented on this Cavs squad, and with that everyone is quick to comment that they're stacked. :facepalm Lebron is definitely no MJ, but there's no denying his talent and ability to make "garbage role players" relevant and to many opposing stans, now a stacked squad.

Pretty ridiculous bs you're trying to spew here

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
05-13-2015, 12:55 AM

Front courts are similar in talent, but Bulls have Mirotic and Gibson off the bench.

I dunno, just my view. They are built similarly, but I just feel the Bulls are deeper.
They are deeper but how much does it really matter in this matchup? Marc and ZBo are easily the best frontcourt in the league. Draymond and Bogut are by far the best defensive frontcourt and they were getting bodied by them before game 4. What do u think Pau, Joakim or Niko will look like? Taj is by far the best defender of their bigs but hes still no Bogut in post defense, or Draymond in versatility. The bigs would smash them, could easy see Zach averaging 25/10+ and Marc picking them apart from high post or mixing up his scoring

3ball
05-13-2015, 01:41 AM
You mention Iman and JR like they were worth a mention...they were garbage role players for the Knicks, now that they are producing on the Cavs

JR Smith and Shumpert both put up far better numbers in their NY careers then they do alongside Lebron and they've always been considered solid NBA players..

keep exaggerating though.. makes for more severe disappointment later.

Droid101
05-13-2015, 01:42 AM

You are delusional.

Edit: Seriously. Not that we'll ever know (they're about to get bounced), but if it was a Memphis/Chicago Finals, no analyst, professional, or Vegas bookie would pick the Bulls over the Grizz. None. Not one.

Heavincent
05-13-2015, 01:50 AM

How is Rose better than Conley?

Cleverness
05-13-2015, 01:58 AM

You just contradicted yourself in your own thread dude

:biggums:

chazzy
05-13-2015, 01:58 AM
How are Marc/Z-bo similar to hobbled Gasol/Noah?

KG215
05-13-2015, 03:33 AM
How are Marc/Z-bo similar to hobbled Gasol/Noah?
They're not. Right now, given Gasol's health and Noah's devolution into a complete and utter useless player on the offensive end, the Grizz would have a fairly considerable frontcourt edge in my opinion. Even with a healthy Gasol I'd say the Grizz frontcourt is pretty definitively better than Chicago's. Now, if Noah could find a way to go back to being a serviceable offensive player instead of a near-Kendrick Perkins-esque offensive liability, then I'd say the frontcourts are a wash.

3ball
05-13-2015, 04:18 AM
You just contradicted yourself in your own thread dude

:biggums:
nah, i said a healthy cavs easily had the most talent itl, but other teams were still better... not a contradiction.

of course, the reason other teams are better despite the cavs having more talent is because lebron-ball < warriors, spurs, hawks

34-24 Footwork
05-13-2015, 05:17 AM
Pretending that this isn't the worst era of the eastern conference in the history of the NBA is disgusting.

Bernkastel
05-13-2015, 05:30 AM
This has never been discussed before.

ArbitraryWater
05-13-2015, 10:56 AM
Memphis getting underrated here...

But they still wouldn't sweep.

Warriors, Spurs, Clippers could sweep, and so could a healthy Cavs team.
Grizzlies in 5, Rockets in 6.
Bulls could beat the Blazers, Mavericks, and obviously Pels.
Hawks and Wizards (with Wall) could very much contend against the Pels, but I'm not sure I'd take them over the Mavs and Blazers.

kamil
05-13-2015, 11:06 AM
just wanted to throw that out there

I've been saying this for a while;

Bulls look great on paper. In practice, it's a different story.

Hey Yo
05-13-2015, 11:18 AM

Corzine, Cartwright, Longley and Wennington > Mozgov

pegasus
05-13-2015, 11:20 AM
Nope, no one is sweeping us. We are too talented to not win a game or two against anyone. But yeah, any of those teams would beat us in 5 or 6. We are just not consistent enough to beat any great teams in a 7 game series.

DukeDelonte13
05-13-2015, 11:27 AM
I don't think the bulls get swept by any team in the west.

The Clippers and Rockets aren't so great.

Pels aren't good at all.

Blazers were injury riddled.

Mem and GSW are the two best teams IMO, and Chi can go toe to toe with Mem and take a few from Golden State.

Kingwillball
05-13-2015, 11:30 AM
lol at the whole west superior BS when healthy the Cavs are best team in league and have owned west teams..

KG215
05-13-2015, 01:25 PM
Memphis getting underrated here...

But they still wouldn't sweep.

Warriors, Spurs, Clippers could sweep, and so could a healthy Cavs team.
Grizzlies in 5, Rockets in 6.
Bulls could beat the Blazers, Mavericks, and obviously Pels.
Hawks and Wizards (with Wall) could very much contend against the Pels, but I'm not sure I'd take them over the Mavs and Blazers.
In their playoff states (health and/or the way they were playing), I'd take the Pelicans over the Mavs and possibly the Blazers. I know they got swept, but you're underrating them. They were very competitive.