PDA

View Full Version : Stephen A Smith says there aren't enough black coaches

Heavincent
05-13-2015, 01:17 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTVgurnMJSM

lol, as if these black coaches are being treated unfairly or something. Most of these teams upgraded

Steve Kerr >>>>> Mark Jackson
Dave Joerger > Lionel Hollins
Quin Snyder > Tyrone Corbin

etc.

scm5
05-13-2015, 01:21 PM
I don't think you could actually claim that white coaches get preferential treatment when Byron Scott has a head coaching job still.

Heavincent
05-13-2015, 01:21 PM
I don't think you could actually claim that white coaches get preferential treatment when Byron Scott has a head coaching job still.

And Dwayne Casey.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
05-13-2015, 01:23 PM
His whole argument is retarded. A good coach is a good coach; skin pigmentation is absolutely irrelevant.

theaussieguy
05-13-2015, 01:24 PM
His whole argument is retarded. A good coach is a good coach; skin pigmentation is absolutely relevant.

this, stephen A smith is an absolute ****ing retard, so is that other ****ing idiot that debates him (bayless I think but not sure).

Total ****ing wanker idiots.

FreezingTsmoove
05-13-2015, 01:39 PM
At least Bayless isn't a complete retard like Stephen A

Bayless picked the Spurs to come out West
Bayless said Curry was the best out his draft class before the draft
Bayless was the OG Lebron hater

Sarcastic
05-13-2015, 01:44 PM
Joerger is not better than Lionel Hollins.

Mass Debator
05-13-2015, 01:55 PM
His argument is basically that Steve Kerr has no coach experience at any level so how did he get the job instead of Lionel Hollins who has legit credentials.

But then so did Fisher and J Kidd so his argument is pretty dumb.

Sakkreth
05-13-2015, 01:57 PM
Imagine someone said there is not enough white coaches, that would be so fcking racist :rolleyes:

el_locoteee
05-13-2015, 01:58 PM

Bayless said Pacquiao won. That will disqualify anything he said for now on.

Akrazotile
05-13-2015, 02:02 PM
Joerger is not better than Lionel Hollins.

Theres no discernable difference, altho Im sure you think Hollins is superior :rolleyes: .

Akrazotile
05-13-2015, 02:04 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTVgurnMJSM

lol, as if these black coaches are being treated unfairly or something. Most of these teams upgraded

Steve Kerr >>>>> Mark Jackson
Dave Joerger > Lionel Hollins
Quin Snyder > Tyrone Corbin

etc.

Also, why spend time looking up stephen a videos on youtube? That just drives his shtick. Best thing to do is ignore him. Dont watch him on youtube, dont listen to his podcasts, dont watch first take.

FreezingTsmoove
05-13-2015, 02:20 PM
Bayless said Pacquiao won. That will disqualify anything he said for now on.

He's just doing that for quality TV. Stephen A is a huge Mayweather mark

When Bayless makes outrageous NBA claims he's more right than wrong.

NumberSix
05-13-2015, 02:23 PM
Agreed. There's not enough black coaches. And there are too many black players. We need to get them both to the "correct" amounts.

:rolleyes:

JerrySeinfeld
05-13-2015, 02:27 PM
why do they allow a racist on television?

too many white coaches?

Sarcastic
05-13-2015, 02:31 PM
Theres no discernable difference, altho Im sure you think Hollins is superior :rolleyes: .

When Joerger makes the WCF, then you can make that statement.

JerrySeinfeld
05-13-2015, 02:32 PM
someone should ask him what the correct number of black coaches would be just to see what his response is :lol

people won't though because they are too beta and phony

ISHGoat
05-13-2015, 02:38 PM
Maybe cos white people are smarter than black people? :confusedshrug:

Cocaine80s
05-13-2015, 02:49 PM
Not enough asian coaches either :lol

Yoshi
05-13-2015, 02:55 PM
Teams will hire coaches based on (perceived) ability, just like they select players based on ability.

305Baller
05-13-2015, 02:56 PM
There are not enough latino basketball analysts.

Taller than CP3
05-13-2015, 03:01 PM
I agree. Look at Chris Paul. He asked for a black coach and all he got was Doc Rivers.

Bernkastel
05-13-2015, 03:04 PM
Still waiting for Latino/Asian equality. :confusedshrug:

FKAri
05-13-2015, 03:05 PM
There aren't enough Mongolian coaches.

ALBballer
05-13-2015, 03:08 PM
SAS and Bayless are both trolls and use race baiting as one form of trolling to garner attention. The guy constantly brings up Steve Kerr and imply that he got the job because he was white and more experienced black coaches are better positioned for the job but were passed over. But I guess that sort of rationale doesn't apply for Derek Fisher or Jason Kidd.

Eric Cartman
05-13-2015, 03:10 PM
What do you consider Jason Kidd?

White? Black? Half and half?

305Baller
05-13-2015, 03:11 PM
What do you consider Jason Kidd?

White? Black? Half and half?

Light brown.

Trigue

f0und
05-13-2015, 03:24 PM
hell why we're at it, where are the women coaches? how about some gay coaches? or transgender coaches?

i condemn these social injustices.

Yoshi
05-13-2015, 03:26 PM
hell why we're at it, where are the women coaches? how about some gay coaches? or transgender coaches?

i condemn these social injustices.

You forgot life long paraplegics you racist.

JerrySeinfeld
05-13-2015, 03:36 PM
yo, didn't SAS rant whenever the Warriors hired Kerr?

Someone find a video of that shit :lol

sd3035
05-13-2015, 03:36 PM
Screamin A. needs to step in front of bus

Jailblazers7
05-13-2015, 03:40 PM
Sexist pig. Where are all the women coaches at?

L8krH8tr
05-13-2015, 03:47 PM
I want to knock this guy out so bad, im sure im not the only one.

TheMarkMadsen
05-13-2015, 03:51 PM
there aren't enough trans coaches tbh

Yoshi
05-13-2015, 03:55 PM
there aren't enough trans coaches tbh

Erik Spoelstra?

Thorpesaurous
05-13-2015, 04:02 PM
There's still plenty of racism in American society. Nothing like the old style racism pre 1970. And really nothing like the racism even of the 70's and 80's. But it's still out there.

However, complaining about racism in basketball is just a waste of precious racism complaining resources. Aim that shit in some other misguided direction.

Pushxx
05-13-2015, 04:03 PM
I mean...is he claiming that the black coaches are getting fired because they're black?

LOL he isn't even making sense. Is he saying the NBA needs to step in and force GMs to hire black coaches because they're black?

What the **** is he even saying here? LMAO whole bunch of trolly nonsense.

warriorfan
05-13-2015, 04:05 PM
Stephen A Smith is the shit...More accomplished troll than all of ISH combined. Dude has literally trolled hundreds of millions of people at this point :lol

Akrazotile
05-13-2015, 04:05 PM
When Joerger makes the WCF, then you can make that statement.

Holy shit youre retarded :oldlol:

Sarcastic
05-13-2015, 04:33 PM
Holy shit I'm retarded :oldlol:

He's doing the exact same thing as Hollins with inferior results, when he was brought in to play a different style.

FLDFSU
05-13-2015, 04:56 PM
His argument is basically that Steve Kerr has no coach experience at any level so how did he get the job instead of Lionel Hollins who has legit credentials.

But then so did Fisher and J Kidd so his argument is pretty dumb.

That was not his argument.

His argument is how in the hell does Kerr get his pick of NBA jobs: Lakers, Knicks, GS, etc without any NBA experience and a fairly poor showing as the Suns GM.

Kidd did not have his pick of NBA job and was let go/not retained after getting the Nets to the playoffs...neither did Fisher...

Marc Jackson needed to wait a number of years and was handed a team that had not been the playoffs in back to back seasons since the early 90s.

FLDFSU
05-13-2015, 05:04 PM
And I fully understand that I am talking to a board that every time the Clippers lose a game in he middle of March (despite a 8 game winning streak) creates 10 threads about how Doc Rivers is the worst coach of all time and should be fired...

So it doesn't surprise me that the morons on this board do not see something wrong with 6/30 coaches in the NBA being black despite 77 percent of the pool often chosen to be a coach is black...

Or when ESPN has a panel of 5 white dudes commenting on a particular black QB...

"ISH...the internet home of the racists idiots"

Akrazotile
05-13-2015, 05:08 PM

His argument is how in the hell does Kerr get his pick of NBA jobs: Lakers, Knicks, GS, etc without any NBA experience and a fairly poor showing as the Suns GM.

Kidd did not have his pick of NBA job and was let go/not retained after getting the Nets to the playoffs...neither did Fisher...

Marc Jackson needed to wait a number of years and was handed a team that had not been the playoffs in back to back seasons since the early 90s.

Kerr got plenty of exposure as an NBA mind doing analysis for TNT. And hes clearly smarter than Jackson, Kidd and Fisher. Point blank. Basketball and otherwise. I mean be honest with yourself.

Lensanity
05-13-2015, 05:10 PM
I like Stephen A 99% of the time but the 1% of the time that I hate him is when he is talking about race

Cocaine80s
05-13-2015, 05:11 PM
And I fully understand that I am talking to a board that every time the Clippers lose a game in he middle of March (despite a 8 game winning streak) creates 10 threads about how Doc Rivers is the worst coach of all time and should be fired...

So it doesn't surprise me that the morons on this board do not see something wrong with 6/30 coaches in the NBA being black despite 77 percent of the pool often chosen to be a coach is black...

Or when ESPN has a panel of 5 white dudes commenting on a particular black QB...

Also only 1/30 coaches are hispanic/asian (spoelstra)

Welcome to America

FLDFSU
05-13-2015, 05:12 PM
Kerr got plenty of exposure as an NBA mind doing analysis for TNT. And hes clearly smarter than Jackson, Kidd and Fisher. Point blank. Basketball and otherwise. I mean be honest with yourself.

Exhibit "A" of a moronic ISH racist.

You do know that baseball is currently in season...don't think they have nearly as many blacks as does the NBA that will upset you...

Lensanity
05-13-2015, 05:13 PM
13.2% of America is black

20% of NBA head coaches are black.

There is a serious racial problem here. There needs to be more black coaches.

FLDFSU
05-13-2015, 05:19 PM
Also only 1/30 coaches are hispanic/asian (spoelstra)

Welcome to America

Also *only* 2/30 NBA owners (in a league that is over 3/4 black) last year are verifiable racists...

Welcome to America

Legends66NBA7
05-13-2015, 05:24 PM
And Dwayne Casey.

Dwane*

And I don't care what skin colour his replacement is, as long as he does a better job than Casey. There are coaches who are more accomplished and actually have lead their teams to playoff series wins and got fired the same season or after... while Casey just let his team implode for a good portion of the 2nd half of the season and into oblivion come playoff time.

No coach deserves to have his job renewed after that.

FLDFSU
05-13-2015, 05:25 PM
13.2% of America is black

20% of NBA head coaches are black.

There is a serious racial problem here. There needs to be more black coaches.

Yep. I don't remember anyone complaining about the lack of black NHL managers or lack of black college baseball managers...

I wonder why...

Oh, I know...because the pool in which the NFL, NBA, college football, college basketball select their head coaches and managers are often overwhelmingly black...

The general population of blacks could be .000000005 black, if the NBA was still 77 percent black...and the pool from which you are choosing coaches from comes from that pool...there is a problem when you repeatedly choose the 10 percent of white players from said pool and ignore the 3/4 portion that is black...

I know it is hard ISH...but lets put on our critical thinking helmets today...

sd3035
05-13-2015, 05:33 PM
This guy has no reason to be racist, he gets paid good money by white people for his screaming rant gimmick. He must have been shot down too many times by white girls

ralph_i_el
05-13-2015, 05:34 PM
Yep. I don't remember anyone complaining about the lack of black NHL managers or lack of black college baseball managers...

I wonder why...

Oh, I know...because the pool in which the NFL, NBA, college football, college basketball select their head coaches and managers are often overwhelmingly black...

The general population of blacks could be .000000005 black, if the NBA was still 77 percent black...and the pool from which you are choosing coaches from comes from that pool...there is a problem when you repeatedly choose the 10 percent of white players from said pool and ignore the 3/4 portion that is black...

the pool of nba coaches isn't just "former NBA players"

We're all adults here, we can accept difference between races, even if we disagree on the source of these differences. I for one believe that black culture puts a premium on certain sports, and that's why we see many black athletes concentrated in sports like basketball and football.

Other people might claim it has something to do with physical differences between races, but I WOULD NOT CLAIM THAT

Be that as it may, I believe that white American culture puts a premium on leadership and strategy.

Something somewhere makes it so most basketball players are black, so why is it wrong if whites are different in a way that makes them more inclined to coaching? We've already accepted that either culturally or racially, blacks are more likely to be NBA players, and no one in their right mind would credit that to racism.....so why is it racism when most coaches are white?

Plus, more former black players are attracted to commentary as opposed to coaching from what I've observed.

race baiting is out of control these days

Euroleague
05-13-2015, 05:43 PM
And there are enough racist clowns running there mouths on TV for $3.5 million a year?

It's about time someone starts doing a Brian Williams style exposure on this POS. He is a freaking disgrace.

Euroleague
05-13-2015, 05:44 PM

Bayless is a complete freaking POS and an absolute scumbag, just like Smith.

wang4three
05-13-2015, 05:47 PM
He says that all the time. He thinks African Americans are at a supreme disadvantage when it comes to coaching and executive management. It's a garbage argument because he cherry picks arguments that favors him. He was mad that Derek Fisher didn't have the same opportunities that Steve Kerr did since they were both rookie coaches without acknowledging the fact that Steve has experience as a GM for the Suns which gives him an advantage in experience of knowing the back end dynamics of running a team.

Watching him go off about this makes me cringe all the time..it makes me like Skip Bayless more.

ralph_i_el
05-13-2015, 05:48 PM
Doesn't their show come on in the middle of the day on weekdays? That should tell you plenty about their target demo

Joyner82reload
05-13-2015, 05:48 PM
So let me get this straight, there are near exponentially more black players in the league because they're simply better at basketball and organizations want to put the best possible players on the court to be competitive thus driving up attendance ratings. But the same organizations don't care about the quality of coach, which would also have an effect on the team's performance? Maybe it could be there are simply far more good white coaches vs black coaches. And going by true numbers, 20% of NBA coaches are black. Compare that with only 13% of American's being black and you actually end up with a higher proportion of black to white coaches vs nationwide demographics. Stephen A Smith is an idiot.

OnFire
05-13-2015, 05:49 PM
Not enough euro coach representation for the amount of euros in the game... more croatian and greek coaches!

Euroleague
05-13-2015, 05:51 PM

And if you can't even grasp how that is racist itself, then go to hell. You are the same exact dumb ass kind of POS as Smith himself.

RRR3
05-13-2015, 05:51 PM
Also *only* 2/30 NBA owners (in a league that is over 3/4 black) last year are verifiable racists...

Welcome to America
I know Sterling who was the other?

Euroleague
05-13-2015, 05:53 PM

I wonder why...

You are a retard and a racist.

GTFO NOW ------>

Hit_Em
05-13-2015, 05:55 PM
Agreed. There's not enough black coaches. And there are too many black players. We need to get them both to the "correct" amounts.

nah i like having a talented league please never do this or you will lose me as a fan.Im not trying to watch a team full of mike dunleavys and kyle singlers you guys can keep the coaches

FKAri
05-13-2015, 05:57 PM
nah i like having a talented league please never do this or you will lose me as a fan

But the IQ is too low. I think more white/asian players would help to rectify that.

Hit_Em
05-13-2015, 05:58 PM
But the IQ is too low. I think more white/asian players would help to rectify that.
i can't name one white player outside of gordon hayward with a high iq...I watch team usa basketball nobody in the world is doing any futuristic shit they are all unathletic sorry mfers and i like the league how it is

FLDFSU
05-13-2015, 05:59 PM

http://deadspin.com/atlanta-hawks-owner-selling-team-after-telling-nba-abou-1631636516

OnFire
05-13-2015, 06:00 PM
Maybe most white people interested in basketball realized early they aren't NBA material so they start learning coaching... or trolling on insidehoops..one or the other.

Seriously though, a non-nba example I know personally the Miller brothers in the NCAA. Sean and Archie Miller grew up all about basketball, son of legendary high school coach. Both made it to the college level but clearly were not going to the NBA. Should they not be allowed to coach because their white? Sean Miller is now recognized as one of the best coaches in the country and Archie Miller is a coach on the rise. But lord forbid they get to use their 30 years of basketball knowledge at a job having to do with basketball when there's black people who want to do it to. There's no possiible way their 30 years of studying basketball can translate to 10 years playing right?

And like another poster clearly wrote, the teams would hire a little person chinese female as coach if they thought they could win a title with her. They want to win and thats all. Especially the current NBA owners, many of them aren't much older than Stephen A Smith.

Yoshi
05-13-2015, 06:01 PM

Kidd forced his own way out of the Nets by being a jerk.

Genaro
05-13-2015, 06:03 PM
Stephen A Smith is the shit...More accomplished troll than all of ISH combined. Dude has literally trolled hundreds of millions of people at this point :lol
This.
He basically gets paid to troll people with commentaries he knows will have an impact.

Akrazotile
05-13-2015, 06:03 PM
Exhibit "A" of a moronic ISH racist.

You do know that baseball is currently in season...don't think they have nearly as many blacks as does the NBA that will upset you...

Just because you have an inferiority/victim complex doesnt mean everything and everyone is racist.

Hit_Em
05-13-2015, 06:04 PM
Maybe most white people interested in basketball realized early they aren't NBA material so they start learning coaching... or trolling on insidehoops..one or the other.

Seriously though, a non-nba example I know personally the Miller brothers in the NCAA. Sean and Archie Miller grew up all about basketball, son of legendary high school coach. Both made it to the college level but clearly were not going to the NBA. Should they not be allowed to coach because their white? Sean Miller is now recognized as one of the best coaches in the country and Archie Miller is a coach on the rise. But lord forbid they get to use their 30 years of basketball knowledge at a job having to do with basketball when there's black people who want to do it to. There's no possiible way their 30 years of studying basketball can translate to 10 years playing right?

And like another poster clearly wrote, the teams would hire a little person chinese female as coach if they thought they could win a title with her. They want to win and thats all. Especially the current NBA owners, many of them aren't much older than Stephen A Smith.
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SO THATS WHY THE WHITE PEOPLE ON THIS SITE ARE SO RACIST.THEY ARE MAD OVER THE FACT THAT DEEP DOWN IN THEIR HEART NO MATTER HOW MUCH THEY TRIED OR PRACTICE THEY WOULD NEVER BE NBA MATERIAL.ITS EAT THEM UP ON THE INSIDE.... I CANT WAIT TO GET TO THE BLACK GUY MEETINGS NEXT MONDAY I FOUND ANOTHER ONE OF THEIR INSECURITIES

Yoshi
05-13-2015, 06:05 PM
He says that all the time. He thinks African Americans are at a supreme disadvantage when it comes to coaching and executive management. It's a garbage argument because he cherry picks arguments that favors him. He was mad that Derek Fisher didn't have the same opportunities that Steve Kerr did since they were both rookie coaches without acknowledging the fact that Steve has experience as a GM for the Suns which gives him an advantage in experience of knowing the back end dynamics of running a team.

Watching him go off about this makes me cringe all the time..it makes me like Skip Bayless more.

Let's not forget Fisher was hired right out of retirement. How long was Kerr retired before he was hired as a head coach?

Yoshi
05-13-2015, 06:06 PM

Hawks previous owner?

FLDFSU
05-13-2015, 06:07 PM
I think it is funny that people don't think NBA owners/management are possibly bias towards certain races...

when in the past 12 months at least 3 Owners/executives needed to step down/were suspended/excused/whatever because of a preference for white over black...

Not the NHL...but the NBA...

Not in 1964...but 2014...

ISH...

OnFire
05-13-2015, 06:07 PM

I wonder why...

Why does the pool of coaches have to only include former NBA players? Let me go check Brad Stevens NBA playing credentials..cause he is a piece of shit coach that a black coach should have been hired in place of right?

Lets see.. no NBA.. wait here's a quote from his wikipedia:

"Although Stevens had a strong passion for the game, he realized that his basketball skills were modest and not likely to get him very far...." so he chose an academic basketball school and starting learning the game to be a coach. Why is this shocking? White guy loves basketball, says **** i can't jump, let me study every facet of the game so i can coach and be involved.

I don't know about anyone else, but YOU are definitely too stupid to be an NBA coach.

Eric Cartman
05-13-2015, 06:08 PM
A black GM fires George Karl (white boy) after winning COTY by leading the Nuggets to 54? wins replacing him with a black coach with no head coaching experience.

Not saying it's racist, but you can see how ridiculous the argument is when one takes the other side.

Hit_Em
05-13-2015, 06:10 PM
Jeremy Lin is one of the dumbest players in the league i would never trust that dude with running one of my teams. his iq is too low

so basically out of all the asians and whites in the league only 1 has a high iq (Gordon Hayward)The rest are chuckers(jj reddick),known to make stupid plays basically(ginobili) or would be irrelevant even if they had a brain(landry fields)

Hold this L...

Optimus Prime
05-13-2015, 06:10 PM
"Stephen A. Smith says..."

That right there is enough to know it should be ignored.

Dude is a professional troll.

:kobe:

UK2K
05-13-2015, 06:13 PM

The NBA needs to be about 65% white, to correctly demonstrate the population.

Make it happen.

Euroleague
05-13-2015, 06:24 PM
I think it is funny that people don't think NBA owners/management are possibly bias towards certain races...

when in the past 12 months at least 3 Owners/executives needed to step down/were suspended/excused/whatever because of a preference for white over black...

Not the NHL...but the NBA...

Not in 1964...but 2014...

ISH...

You clearly are either an enormous moron, or you are an unbelievable instigator. I am starting to think it is the latter. NBA owners are in no way in hell biased towards white people. And anyone claiming they are is totally delusional.

NumberSix
05-13-2015, 06:26 PM
You clearly are either an enormous moron, or you are an unbelievable instigator. I am starting to think it is the latter. NBA owners are in no way in hell biased towards white people. And anyone claiming they are is totally delusional.
This.

The one NBA owner who we know definitely was racist still hired black coaches.

Euroleague
05-13-2015, 06:28 PM
"Stephen A. Smith says..."

That right there is enough to know it should be ignored.

Dude is a professional troll.

:kobe:

Exactly. He actually works for Fox News even. I actually have seen that clown several times on Fox "News" talking as an "expert pundit". Yes, that is right Fox "News" pays him to be an "expert". And NOT on sports commentary.....for SOCIAL issues.

And NO, I do NOT watch Fox "News". I have just been flipping through the channels several times and have seen him on there and I have been like, "what the freaking hell?"

:biggums:

NumberSix
05-13-2015, 06:30 PM
Exactly. He actually works for Fox News even. I actually have seen that clown several times on Fox "News" talking as an "expert pundit". Yes, that is right Fox "News" pays him to be an "expert". And NOT on sports commentary.....for SOCIAL issues.

And NO, I do NOT watch Fox "News". I have just been flipping through the channels several times and have seen him on their and I have been like, "what the freaking hell?"

:biggums:
What's wrong with Fox News? I watches dat shit ay-day.

FLDFSU
05-13-2015, 06:30 PM
Why does the pool of coaches have to only include former NBA players? Let me go check Brad Stevens NBA playing credentials..cause he is a piece of shit coach that a black coach should have been hired in place of right?

Lets see.. no NBA.. wait here's a quote from his wikipedia:

"Although Stevens had a strong passion for the game, he realized that his basketball skills were modest and not likely to get him very far...." so he chose an academic basketball school and starting learning the game to be a coach. Why is this shocking? White guy loves basketball, says **** i can't jump, let me study every facet of the game so i can coach and be involved.

I don't know about anyone else, but YOU are definitely too stupid to be an NBA coach.

1. Nobody said that the pool has to be of former players...but often times the pool of candidates for Head Coaching comes from that pool...that pool is overwhelmingly black...

Just like it would be peculiar if 7/9 justices of the US Supreme Court were black women...yet black women make up less than 10 percent of the lawyers in America...and less than 6 percent of Yale and Harvard law graduates...where the pool of Supreme Court candidates generally comes from... were black women.

2. Who said anything about Brad Stevens. I am correcting a mischaracterization of Steven A. Smith's remarks as it concerns Kerr.

Smith NEVER suggested that Kerr did not deserve to coach in the NBA...he never even suggested that Kerr did not deserve to coach the Warriors...

What he found odd was that Kerr literally had his pick of any one of 5 NBA openings and was being offered top dollar as if he was a proven NBA coaching commodity...

Don't remember Smith having a problem with Billy Donovan coaching the Thunder or George Karl with the Kings or Stan Van Gundy with the Pistons...

But Donovan, Karl, and Gundy is a far cry from what happened in 2014 with Steve Kerr

Euroleague
05-13-2015, 06:34 PM
1. Nobody said that the pool has to be of former players...but often times the pool of candidates for Head Coaching comes from that pool...that pool is overwhelmingly black...

Just like it would be peculiar if 7/9 justices of the US Supreme Court were black women...yet black women make up less than 10 percent of the lawyers in America...and less than 6 percent of Yale and Harvard law graduates...where the pool of Supreme Court candidates generally comes from... were black women.

2. Who said anything about Brad Stevens. I am correcting a mischaracterization of Steven A. Smith's remarks as it concerns Kerr.

Smith NEVER suggested that Kerr did not deserve to coach in the NBA...he never even suggested that Kerr did not deserve to coach the Warriors...

What he found odd was that Kerr literally had his pick of any one of 5 NBA openings and was being offered top dollar as if he was a proven NBA coaching commodity...

Don't remember Smith having a problem with Billy Donovan coaching the Thunder or George Karl with the Kings or Stan Van Gundy with the Pistons...

But Donovan, Karl, and Gundy is a far cry from what happened in 2014 with Steve Kerr

Screamin' A. Racist.....is that you?

JimmyMcAdocious
05-13-2015, 06:38 PM
And clearly the Warriors made a terrible mistake with Kerr.

Akrazotile
05-13-2015, 06:48 PM

Why did Doc Rivers get a job as general manager with no experience on the personnel side? Racism.

Why were all of the candidates the Clippers interviewed after firing VDN black? Racism.

But you and crybaby a. smith dont cry so much bout that. Yall are bitter. Sorry if you hate bein black bro. Its not the NBA's job to make you more secure about it.

comerb
05-13-2015, 09:18 PM

So lets just be real and talk about some "racist" realities if we're going to whine about racism.

Black players generally tend to have athletic and physical advantages.

White players generally tend to be more cerebral and practiced.

Of those two generalities, which one lends itself more to coaching? Now you have your answer.

FLDFSU
05-13-2015, 09:22 PM
So lets just be real and talk about some "racist" realities if we're going to whine about racism.

Black players generally tend to have athletic and physical advantages.

White players generally tend to be more cerebral and practiced.

Of those two generalities, which one leads itself more to coaching? Now you have your answer.

Nice to know that it is 1615 and not 2015...

comerb
05-13-2015, 09:26 PM

In 1615 they didn't pussyfoot around the truth. Quit being a politically correct wuss. Everyone recognizes this shit in day to day life but people are too browbeaten to just say it.

Chrono90
05-13-2015, 09:29 PM
:facepalm
Why did he have to make it a race thing.

FLDFSU
05-13-2015, 09:47 PM
In 1615 they didn't pussyfoot around the truth. Quit being a politically correct wuss. Everyone recognizes this shit in day to day life but people are too browbeaten to just say it.

And what you are saying isn't even generally correct. Just moronic.

The notion that "blacks tend be more X than whites" or "whites tend to be more X than blacks" has been proven scientifically false for the last 75 years.

About the only thing blacks and whites "tend" to be is more susceptible to certain diseases...

But anyways, I am talking to ISH...where facts are of little consequence in forming opinions and beliefs...

HelterSkelter
05-13-2015, 10:01 PM

That's not exactly going out on a limb. Therefore, not impressive.

But... I think First Take is better now compared to 3-4 years ago

NumberSix
05-14-2015, 01:41 PM
Wait a minute. Stepehen A smith is the black guy? I thought the black guys name was Skip?

fos
05-14-2015, 02:06 PM
It's a two way street, if we need more black coaches then we need more white players because they're underrepresented. 64% of this country is Caucasian, yet 80% of the league is black. Obviously blacks are on the average more athletic, whites more intelligent. Doesn't mean there aren't any great white athletes, or black intellectuals. :cheers:

juju151111
05-14-2015, 02:10 PM
Can someone explain to me what the current Memphis coach is doing that's different from the previous that got them to the ECF.

GOBB
05-14-2015, 04:11 PM
He's just doing that for quality TV. Stephen A is a huge Mayweather mark

When Bayless makes outrageous NBA claims he's more right than wrong.

So basically you're saying whenever he is wrong he's doing it for quality TV. He wasn't serious. Because I can sit here all day listing how dumb he sounds but you probably will have excuses lined up. Like him believing Tebow was a legit good QB.

Euroleague
05-14-2015, 05:01 PM

Nice to know that you have never seen an IQ chart, yet are trolling about this.

Euroleague
05-14-2015, 05:06 PM
It's a two way street, if we need more black coaches then we need more white players because they're underrepresented. 64% of this country is Caucasian, yet 80% of the league is black. Obviously blacks are on the average more athletic, whites more intelligent. Doesn't mean there aren't any great white athletes, or black intellectuals. :cheers:

Exactly. You can't bitch that there are good and smart black coaches, and they are not getting hired and claim that is racism, and totally ignore that the NBA is being absurdly racist in the fact that it basically considers only blacks and white Europeans as the only people in the world that can play in it.

Yet that is exactly what Smith is doing there. That basically proves Smith is a racist.

If he was not a racist, and was really serious about pointing out something he thought was racist about the NBA, then he would be mentioning how the NBA only has a small number of whites and Asians versus the population, and even has general managers telling draftexpress that as a rule, their teams "never draft white guys"......

Nope, never heard any complaints from Smith about that.

He's just trying to stir up shit and make a name for himself by being an instigator, and that's his way of trying to constantly make more money for himself. He's a complete scumbag.

Straight_Ballin
05-14-2015, 05:16 PM
Exactly. You can't bitch that there are good and smart black coaches, and they are not getting hired and claim that is racism, and totally ignore that the NBA is being absurdly racist in the fact that it basically considers only blacks and white Europeans as the only people in the world that can play in it.

Yet that is exactly what Smith is doing there. That basically proves Smith is a racist.

If he was not a racist, and was really serious about pointing out something he thought was racist about the NBA, then he would be mentioning how the NBA only has a small number of whites and Asians versus the population, and even has general managers telling draftexpress that as a rule, their teams "never draft white guys"......

He's just trying to stir up shit and make a name for himself by being an instigator, and that's his way of trying to constantly make more money for himself. He's a complete scumbag.

You know nothing. If Steven A Smith was a racist he wouldn't be called an uncle tom by fellow blacks. Hold the L.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKXKccyb2e8

TheBigVeto
05-14-2015, 07:21 PM

This is nothing but the honest truth. :applause: :applause: :applause:

ILLsmak
05-14-2015, 07:24 PM
It would be luls to me if the NBA employed only black coaches, black refs, and black players. I can see how people would get upset at that, though.

It could be said that most of the black coaches are former players... which might be a legit beef.

-Smak

KNOW1EDGE
05-14-2015, 07:29 PM
Why does the color of a coaches skin matter?
how does skin color equate to good coaching?

SAS is in your gave racist and I'm not sure how he is still employed.