PDA

View Full Version : If the Bulls had Westbrook, they'd have this series in the bag.

JerrySeinfeld
05-13-2015, 02:35 PM
Rose is too trash.

IncarceratedBob
05-13-2015, 02:37 PM
Westbrook
Rose
Butler
Gasol
Noah

.. damn.

ISHGoat
05-13-2015, 02:37 PM
Since rose is a poor man's westbrook, id say bulls have a much better chance.

JerrySeinfeld
05-13-2015, 02:40 PM
Since rose is a poor man's westbrook, id say bulls have a much better chance.

Yeah, Westbrook looked great in the playoffs last year. And that was versus guys like Conley, Paul, Leonard. The Cavs would have no one to guard him.

FreezingTsmoove
05-13-2015, 02:47 PM
People forgetting Rose just came back from knee surgery :facepalm Didn't even have time to get in shape for playoffs and he's putting on 30 point games

I do agree that if OKC was in the East they would be the 2nd seed and have already advanced to the ECF

TheMarkMadsen
05-13-2015, 02:47 PM
i agree

I see some alpha in Rose but the ability just isn't there at the moment, it was, and prolly will be eventually if he continues to stay healthy

JerrySeinfeld
05-13-2015, 02:48 PM
People forgetting Rose just came back from knee surgery :facepalm Didn't even have time to get in shape for playoffs and he's putting on 30 point games

I do agree that if OKC was in the East they would be the 2nd seed and have already advanced to the ECF

lol and Westbrook in the playoffs last year was coming back from like 3 knee surgeries but he still killed it.

Rose is just too beta in comparison to Westbrook. It really isn't a fair comparison for Rose.

ISHGoat
05-13-2015, 02:50 PM
By ISH definition, goatbrook and rose are both alpha, since they both take tons of shots without regard for their efficiency. It is no surprise to learn that a team led by either of these retards doesnt go very far in the postseason.

JerrySeinfeld
05-13-2015, 02:51 PM
By ISH definition, goatbrook and rose are both alpha, since they both take tons of shots without regard for their efficiency. It is no surprise to learn that a team led by either of these retards doesnt go very far in the postseason.

lol it took LeBron like what, 8 games in the playoffs in the weak East just to have a game of shooting 50%

ISHGoat
05-13-2015, 02:53 PM
lol it took LeBron like what, 8 games in the playoffs in the weak East just to have a game of shooting 50%

yes, and it is very clear to me that if lebron shoots like 40% in a game/series, they only win because his role players bail him out or because the competition is extremely week.

although in this bulls series, some context is required. neither team is shooting particularly well, and I dare say lebron's current fg% hovers near or even above the average fg% in this series for both teams

in other words, if lebron shoots 40% his team wont go very far either, even in the pathetic east

JerrySeinfeld
05-13-2015, 02:55 PM
I'm just saying that FG% is way overblown by casual fans of the game and by the media.

Yeah, one guy might make one to two more shots on 20 attempts than another guy but that other guy could be doing so much more for his team to help them win.

I also think that Westbrook will see an efficiency spike if their new coach runs an actual offense... No more Perkins, might start a capable 2 guard rather than a Sefolosha clone....

ISHGoat
05-13-2015, 03:02 PM
That depends if the new coach instals an actual offensive system or just continues letting kd and Russell alternate isos

Yoshi
05-13-2015, 03:21 PM
Melo would make defense and ball movement worse. No guarantee at the team improving.

navy
05-13-2015, 03:46 PM
Rose has actually played really well this series.

Yoshi
05-13-2015, 03:49 PM
Given that Rose still is not quite himself since 2011 due to injuries, OP is right. It is a dumb point to make. But he is right.

Hey by the way, did you know that Durant is better than Oden as well?

J Shuttlesworth
05-13-2015, 03:58 PM
It's true. I also think that Westbrook doing his thing would take away from what Jimmy Butler is doing offensively... but then maybe Butler could exert all his energy on defense.

JerrySeinfeld
05-13-2015, 04:02 PM

:roll:

scm5
05-13-2015, 04:04 PM
Obviously.

Westbrook on a really shitty day would put up what Rose has averaged in these playoffs.

Westbrook has been absolutely beast this season.

BlakFrankWhite
05-14-2015, 02:19 PM
westbrook on a great defensive team:dynasty

imnew09
05-14-2015, 02:40 PM
CHampion for sure.

Okay, so Rose just came back from knee injuries and "outta shape".... How many triple double Rose had before any of his injuries?

That's right.

Le Shaqtus
05-14-2015, 03:06 PM
Westbrook would chuck them out of the series.

DMAVS41
05-14-2015, 03:56 PM
:roll:

Haha.., you'll notice Rose has the lowest standards ever

45%TS

104 ortg
113 ortg

Chokes swing game of series in a winnable game despite shooting 7-24

How bad must you suck right now if that is considered playing well overall.

Hopefully he turns it around because I don't want the Cavs to advance.

But the Bulls aren't winning with Rose playing this poorly.

Genaro
05-14-2015, 04:10 PM
Rose actually is doing his share, Bulls just don't have any fire power outside of him an Butler with Gasol out and this did hurt the team.
And as much as I love WB, he took very poor decisions in the clutch this year.

JerrySeinfeld
05-14-2015, 04:13 PM
Rose actually is doing his share, Bulls just don't have any fire power outside of him an Butler with Gasol out and this did hurt the team.
And as much as I love WB, he took very poor decisions in the clutch this year.

I agree with this, but he'd still close out the series for the Bulls in my opinion, because he'd be the best player in the series.

I think the poor clutch decisions really can be attributed to Brooks, only because it has been a long standing problem with that team and Brooks. They will be down 1 point and have 2 seconds and a timeout to draw up a play and, as long as Brooks has been there, will always resort to just giving Westbrook or Durant the ball from the halfcourt to heave up a long 3pter rather than draw up a smart play which incorporates the other guys on the floor to make them threats as well.

24-Inch_Chrome
05-14-2015, 04:18 PM
Westbrook would chuck them out of the series.

Meanwhile Rose is shooting 38% on 23.8 FGA/game...

Genaro
05-14-2015, 04:18 PM
I agree with this, but he'd still close out the series for the Bulls in my opinion, because he'd be the best player in the series.

I think the poor clutch decisions really can be attributed to Brooks, only because it has been a long standing problem with that team and Brooks. They will be down 1 point and have 2 seconds and a timeout to draw up a play and, as long as Brooks has been there, will always resort to just giving Westbrook or Durant the ball from the halfcourt to heave up a long 3pter rather than draw up a smart play which incorporates the other guys on the floor to make them threats as well.
Yes Brooks late plays are horrible but Thibs isn't much better in this area.

With Westbrook maybe Bulls close out in 6 if Noah finish the passes WB would throw his way.

TheMan
05-14-2015, 04:24 PM
:applause:

Still coming back from his injury issues, not entirely in NBA game shape (explains his inconsistencies), yet playing well all things considered.

The haters gon' hate doe

ApexPredator
05-14-2015, 04:30 PM
Westbrook on a really shitty day would put up what Rose has averaged in these playoffs.

I don't think Rose shoots 30 times on an average day.

buddha
05-14-2015, 04:42 PM

lol didn't Westbrook come back from knee surgery and dominate the playoffs?