PDA

View Full Version : 2016 West will be GOAT

ArbitraryWater
05-13-2015, 06:43 PM
Will top last year and this year...

6 elite teams in: GSW, OKC, Spurs, Clippers, Grizzlies, Rockets

4 of those could win the title any year: GSW, OKC, Spurs, Clippers

Loaded with depth, starpower, talent... insane. Would have the same this year with a healthy OKC, last year Warriors weren't as good yet, neither the Clippers IMO.

SourSamCassell
05-13-2015, 06:45 PM
Kings will make the playoffs.

BlazerRed
05-13-2015, 06:46 PM
Stay bad East

1~Gibson~1
05-13-2015, 06:53 PM
Like I have said before, the Western Conference is overrated.

There are a lot of teams that are good enough to make the playoffs out West, but only a hand full of contenders.

The East also holds a hand full of contenders. Which is why the 2nd and 3rd round of the playoffs are pivotal for any team in either conference.

chazzy
05-13-2015, 06:57 PM

There are a lot of teams that are good enough to make the playoffs out West, but only a hand full of contenders.

The East also holds a hand full of contenders. Which is why the 2nd and 3rd round of the playoffs are pivotal for any team in either conference.
Who are the hand full out east?

ArbitraryWater
05-13-2015, 07:02 PM

First of, with Love back, the only contender will be the Cavs.. no one has a chance.

And the disparity isn't correctly presented by simply saying "oh in the East more teams have a chance at the finals", yeah, but not at the title... the top 6 mentioned, beat any East team but the Cavs.

The top 4? Unfair man... all of those teams should get a chance at some titles, yet 2 will settle for 2nd round losses.

1~Gibson~1
05-13-2015, 07:03 PM
Who are the hand full out east?In 2016?

Atlanta, Cleveland, Washington, Chicago

Both conferences have a hand full of contenders, but the West definitely has more talent overall. The teams at the bottom of the Eastern Conference playoff are almost always out matched, but then things usually even out after the 1st round.

1~Gibson~1
05-13-2015, 07:12 PM
First of, with Love back, the only contender will be the Cavs.. no one has a chance.

And the disparity isn't correctly presented by simply saying "oh in the East more teams have a chance at the finals", yeah, but not at the title... the top 6 mentioned, beat any East team but the Cavs.

The top 4? Unfair man... all of those teams should get a chance at some titles, yet 2 will settle for 2nd round losses.Other than those teams that lose in the first round, I believe every team has a chance.

Im not going to get into who would win and all of that jazz because there's no way to determine that.

However I believe the Bulls would go toe-to-toe with any team in the West: GS (probably wouldnt be favored in this matchup but oh well), Memphis, Houson, or the Clippers.

I believe that the Wizards could take Houston or LAC. (maybe not GS or Memphis though)

I believe Cleveland could take any team out West to 6 or 7 games, win or lose.

And I believe Atlanta could match GS or even Houston.

So basically, what im saying is that either of the top 4 in the East could take any team in the West to 6 or 7 games, win or lose. Which means that the West is not as good as they are hyped up to be. Here on ISH, the Western Conference is hyped up to basically slaughter any team currently standing in the East by a clean sweep.... i doubt that would happen.

Hey Yo
05-13-2015, 07:20 PM
Will top last year and this year...

6 elite teams in: GSW, OKC, Spurs, Clippers, Grizzlies, Rockets

4 of those could win the title any year: GSW, OKC, Spurs, Clippers

Loaded with depth, starpower, talent... insane. Would have the same this year with a healthy OKC, last year Warriors weren't as good yet, neither the Clippers IMO.
I think you're overrating the Spurs. They're definitely not getting any younger while the other younger teams are getting much needed experience while moving on.

gts
05-13-2015, 07:23 PM
I think you're overrating the Spurs. They're definitely not getting any younger while the other younger teams are getting much needed experience while moving on.

We've all heard that before :lol

Joyner82reload
05-13-2015, 07:23 PM
Imagine if Aldridge goes to Houston and Gasol goes to San Antonio. That would potentially be 4 teams in the West capable of 65+ wins.

ArbitraryWater
05-13-2015, 07:24 PM
Other than those teams that lose in the first round, I believe every team has a chance.

Im not going to get into who would win and all of that jazz because there's no way to determine that.

However I believe the Bulls would go toe-to-toe with any team in the West: GS (probably wouldnt be favored in this matchup but oh well), Memphis, Houson, or the Clippers.

I believe that the Wizards could take Houston or LAC. (maybe not GS or Memphis though)

I believe Cleveland could take any team out West to 6 or 7 games, win or lose.

And I believe Atlanta could match GS or even Houston.

So basically, what im saying is that either of the top 4 in the East could take any team in the West to 6 or 7 games, win or lose. Which means that the West is not as good as they are hyped up to be. Here on ISH, the Western Conference is hyped up to basically slaughter any team currently standing in the East by a clean sweep.... i doubt that would happen.

This is not here on ISH, this is everywhere.... the massive difference is ridiculous, and so are what you assume the Bulls, Hawks and Wiz could do...

we have proof of the large disparity with the records between the 2 conferences, this isn't guess work.

Bulls can't even beat a depleted Cavs team.. they might lose in 6 ffs.

They had Bron shooting 10 for 30 with 8 TO's, Kyrie 2-10 a non factor, Love out, Rose/Butler combine for 50, and they lost.... at home.

GSW, Clips, Spurs and OKC would stomp on them.

The roster the way it is, can have another go at a title next year.

Imagine if Aldridge goes to Houston and Gasol goes to San Antonio. That would potentially be 4 teams in the West capable of 65+ wins.

lol what is that damn

Yoshi
05-13-2015, 07:25 PM
Stay bad East

Where LeBron will stay.

1~Gibson~1
05-13-2015, 07:32 PM
This is not here on ISH, this is everywhere.... the massive difference is ridiculous, and so are what you assume the Bulls, Hawks and Wiz could do...

we have proof of the large disparity with the records between the 2 conferences, this isn't guess work.

Bulls can't even beat a depleted Cavs team.. they might lose in 6 ffs.

They had Bron shooting 10 for 30 with 8 TO's, Kyrie 2-10 a non factor, Love out, Rose/Butler combine for 50, and they lost.... at home.

GSW, Clips, Spurs and OKC would stomp on them.

lol what is that damnRegular season records are throw out of the window by the time the 2nd round of the playoff starts.

What I've noticed is that the key difference between Eastern and West is Defense and Offense. The reason the Bulls have are having such a hard time beating a depleted Cavs team is because they keep Defensing each other to death. Just made up a new word.

And as we all know, a good offense will win you a lot of regular season games. While a good defense will make you a playoff contender.

Prime example: Memphis Grizzlies.
Before the playoffs started the Grizzlies were in the conversation, but everyone had the flashy high powered offensive teams winning: Golden State, Atlanta, LA. But now the teams are virtually on an even playing field, and defense is whats keeping the elite teams alive.

Eastern Conference = defense.

yobore
05-13-2015, 07:36 PM
Eastern Conference = bad offense.

Fixed that for you.

Healthy Cavs can win against any of the remaining Western teams but I highly doubt any other Eastern team wins against Memphis, LAC, or GSW

ArbitraryWater
05-13-2015, 07:39 PM
Fixed that for you.

Healthy Cavs can win against any of the remaining Western teams but I highly doubt any other Eastern team wins against Memphis, LAC, or GSW

basically.. its delusional to think any East teams just got alot better, the Cavs are worse, the Bulls look like trash, and the Hawks are far from their regular season form.. anyone can see that. Nets didn't suddenly get better. The only team improving are the Wiz.
No team in the West suddenly got worse in the playoffs. None.

FreezingTsmoove
05-13-2015, 07:40 PM
2016 East has 6 contenders as well

Pacers - i see them coming out the east
Cavs - with big 3 healthy
ATL
Bulls
Wizards - Wall and Beal are on'y going to get better
Bucks - Jabari hyping himself up with dem gatorade commercials

Pacers match up well with every team you put except Clippers

1~Gibson~1
05-13-2015, 07:42 PM
Fixed that for you.

Chicago?

Rose vs. Conley
Butler vs. Allen
Pau vs. Randolph
Noah vs. Gasol

Individually these matchups could go either way, but fortunately this is a TEMA sport. I think both teams match up well enough for it to go either way. The Bulls defense would keep them alive.

And the same goes for Chicago and any other team.
And the same goes for Washington and any other team.

As for Atlanta, I honestly believe that they're phony as ****.... but they havent lost a series yet so i cant just rule them out. The Wizards arent an easy out. Not with Paul Pierce, John Wall, and Bradley Beal ( dont forget Nene and Gortat ).

Either the East is underrated or the West is overrated :confusedshrug:

Hey Yo
05-13-2015, 07:42 PM
ArbitraryWater said

No chance of the Spurs getting to the Finals next season with the same roster.

None.

TheMarkMadsen
05-13-2015, 07:43 PM
OP forgetting about the Love/Kobe/Rondo/KD/WB/LMA/Davis 2016 Lakers

ArbitraryWater
05-13-2015, 07:45 PM
OP forgetting about the Love/Kobe/Rondo/KD/WB/LMA/Davis 2016 Lakers

my bad

Legends66NBA7
05-13-2015, 07:45 PM
The East has 2 contenders this season and next. Nothing more.

The West will probably have more than that if they are all healthy, perhaps 4-5.

Droid101
05-13-2015, 07:46 PM
In 2016?

Atlanta, Cleveland, Washington, Chicago

:roll:

1-8 in the West could beat anyone in the East in 7 games other than possibly the Cavs (as long as they keep Love). The end.

BlazerRed
05-13-2015, 07:49 PM
2016 East has 6 contenders as well

Pacers - i see them coming out the east
Cavs - with big 3 healthy
ATL
Bulls
Wizards - Wall and Beal are on'y going to get better
Bucks - Jabari hyping himself up with dem gatorade commercials

Pacers match up well with every team you put except Clippers
I don't think you understand the definition of "contenders". :facepalm

Hey Yo
05-13-2015, 07:49 PM
Fixed that for you.

This ^^

I've recently said multiple times (after K. Love was ruled out) that no East team this year can beat whoever represents the West.

1~Gibson~1
05-13-2015, 07:50 PM
:roll:

1-8 in the West could beat anyone in the East in 7 games other than possibly the Cavs (as long as they keep Love). The end.I agree but I only see a hand full of contenders in the West, the rest are just good regular season teams who won a lot of games. Kinda like the Chargers in the NFL.

chazzy
05-13-2015, 07:54 PM
I agree but I only see a hand full of contenders in the West, the rest are just good regular season teams who won a lot of games. Kinda like the Chargers in the NFL.
And the Hawks

1~Gibson~1
05-13-2015, 07:59 PM
And the HawksExactly! I think the Hawks are good. I think they're good enough to beat some of those Western teams as well, but Im not sure if they're good enough to win a championship

If this thread were about contenders and winning championships then I would have no problem not mentioning the Hawks. But you're crazy if you think the Hawks would lose to every single opponent in the West.... maybe in Game 1 or game 2. But not in a full 7 game series :oldlol:

Young X
05-13-2015, 08:01 PM
Clippers were better last year, there's only 4 serviceable players on this current Clipper team. Their depth was way better last season.

ArbitraryWater
05-13-2015, 08:02 PM
Clippers were better last year, there's only 4 serviceable players on this current Clipper team. Last year their bench was way better.

You underestimate their bench, also, Griffin's better, and tbh, Paul seems more "determined" :confusedshrug:

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
05-13-2015, 08:04 PM
Clippers were better last year, there's only 4 serviceable players on this current Clipper team. Their depth was way better last season.
No they weren't. Their confidence as a TEAM and Blake's play in particular is much better.

In these last two series vs SA and HOU, their depth hasn't been a glaring issue.

Young X
05-13-2015, 08:17 PM
This team has basically been DJ, Blake, CP, Redick + trash. And Redick has completely disappeared in the playoffs so far for the most part.

Their bench is horrible and has been all season. They were getting MURDERED by SAS's bench all series. Difference is they're facing the Rockets in the 2nd round instead of the much better OKC team from last year.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
05-13-2015, 08:22 PM
This team has basically been DJ, Blake, CP, Redick + trash. And Redick has completely disappeared in the playoffs so far for the most part.

Their bench is horrible and has been all season. They were getting MURDERED by SAS's bench all series. Difference is they're facing the Rockets in the 2nd round instead of the much better OKC team from last year.

Last years Clippers would have lost to this years Spurs, and this years Clippers would have beaten last years Thunder (who were massively overrated).

You wouldn't see Blake, CP and the team playing as collective a season ago. The difference is huge from a chemistry point of view.

Young X
05-13-2015, 08:56 PM
Last years Clippers would have lost to this years Spurs, and this years Clippers would have beaten last years Thunder (who were massively overrated).

You wouldn't see Blake, CP and the team playing as collective a season ago. The difference is huge from a chemistry point of view.Blake's elevated play in the playoffs is the difference. Outside of that, as a team they've definitely been worse than they were last year. With him playing this well, the Clippers have a great chance against any team either right now or for the next couple of years.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
05-13-2015, 09:18 PM
Blake's elevated play in the playoffs is the difference. Outside of that, as a team they've definitely been worse than they were last year. With him playing this well, the Clippers have a great chance against any team either right now or for the next couple of years.
Blake plays a huge part, but I feel you're underplaying the teams chemistry.

Like, I'm not saying these are the Lakers of the 2000s, but akin to those squads (LA in the 90s had NVE, Eddie Jones, and Campbell to go along with Shaq and Kobe), they were more talented in '14 and the years prior to that - before bringing it altogether and getting over against the legit contenders. You look at this years Clipper team, and while they're clearly less talented on paper, just as the Lakers in 2000, they have more of an identity as to how they execute (spacing being a HUGE key).

Statistically it might not look it, but if you watch how they score and defend in spots, its clear the games come easier for them. You can only get that from experience.

kurple
05-13-2015, 09:44 PM
Regular season records are throw out of the window by the time the 2nd round of the playoff starts.

What I've noticed is that the key difference between Eastern and West is Defense and Offense. The reason the Bulls have are having such a hard time beating a depleted Cavs team is because they keep Defensing each other to death. Just made up a new word.

And as we all know, a good offense will win you a lot of regular season games. While a good defense will make you a playoff contender.

Prime example: Memphis Grizzlies.
Before the playoffs started the Grizzlies were in the conversation, but everyone had the flashy high powered offensive teams winning: Golden State, Atlanta, LA. But now the teams are virtually on an even playing field, and defense is whats keeping the elite teams alive.

Eastern Conference = defense.
the only contender from the east is Cavs, and every western playoff team outside the Rockets play much better defense than the Cavs

ArbitraryWater
05-13-2015, 10:30 PM
east so good
this hawks/wiz game tied at 78 with 30 seconds left, low scoring game cuz the defense is crazy good

1~Gibson~1
05-13-2015, 10:43 PM
east so good
this hawks/wiz game tied at 78 with 30 seconds left, low scoring game cuz the defense is crazy goodThe Rockets scored 124 against such a great defense last night. Clippers defense Overrated?

the only contender from the east is Cavs, and every western playoff team outside the Rockets play much better defense than the CavsWashington and Atlanta are legit. So is Chicago had they not ran into Cleveland :oldlol:

ArbitraryWater
05-14-2015, 09:38 PM
See this Bulls/Cavs G6?

Like 1-19 teams to start the 2nd half... 4 points in the first 5.47 minutes.

just crazy good defenses in the east wow

MJistheGOAT
05-14-2015, 09:41 PM
We should add Cavs to the West and erase all the East in 2016 playoffs