Curry, Klay and Green combined to cost about 15mil this year

As a comparison, it's about the same as a Jeremy Lin or Gordon Hayward

Much easier to have a bench when your main guys are vastly underpaid

PS
Kobe 23mil
Lebron 20mil

imdaman99
05-14-2015, 12:39 AM
They are all gonna get paid sooner rather than later so there's no chance of a dynasty.

bballnoob1192
05-14-2015, 12:42 AM
if they can win the title this year. and lock down those three. the rest of the team is expendable for them to build a dynasty, but this all hinges on them winning this year.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
05-14-2015, 12:43 AM
Most stacked team in the league by miles, top 10 player in every position, 3 DPOY level players, 2nd best SG, top 5 PG, top 5 coach. Literally no excuses to not win the chip

Spurs5Rings2014
05-14-2015, 12:43 AM
They are all gonna get paid sooner rather than later so there's no chance of a dynasty.

Unless they value winning over being slightly richer. Only true GOAT's feel that way, though.

J Shuttlesworth
05-14-2015, 12:49 AM
Spurs had Mills, Leonard, Green, Diaw, and Belinelli for under 20 million TOTAL, but they blew their chance at a back to back

J Shuttlesworth
05-14-2015, 12:50 AM
Unless they value winning over being slightly richer. Only true GOAT's feel that way, though.
One thing I wonder is if players would be more likely to stay if they do win the ring this year, or do they feel like "well, my work here is done. Time to get paid"

bballnoob1192
05-14-2015, 12:50 AM
Spurs had Mills, Leonard, Green, Diaw, and Belinelli for under 20 million TOTAL, but they blew their chance at a back to back
lettuce be real the spurs don't win back to backs. lol

Spurs5Rings2014
05-14-2015, 12:52 AM

The last game of the season against the Pelicans cost us the chip, I'm afraid. Parker was horrid (due to injury?) either way for us, though, and Pop refused to give his minutes to Mills. Hard to win with that level of liability/cancer on the court for such long periods of time.

J Shuttlesworth
05-14-2015, 12:52 AM
lettuce be real the spurs don't win back to backs. lol
:lol true but you would think this would be the golden opportunity having all those players for that price, especially Leonard at 2.8 mil.

J Shuttlesworth
05-14-2015, 12:54 AM
The last game of the season against the Pelicans cost us the chip, I'm afraid. Parker was horrid (due to injury?) either way for us, though, and Pop refused to give his minutes to Mills. Hard to win with that level of liability/cancer on the court for such long periods of time.
Parker/Splitter were clearly not 100% and having to play 2 rounds before going to GSW on the road wouldn't make them any healthier. I don't think the Spurs could have won a chip without Parker/Splitter being healthy.

Horde of Temujin
05-14-2015, 12:54 AM
Alvin Gentry!!

Spurs5Rings2014
05-14-2015, 12:58 AM
Parker/Splitter were clearly not 100% and having to play 2 rounds before going to GSW on the road wouldn't make them any healthier. I don't think the Spurs could have won a chip without Parker/Splitter being healthy.

We had far too many injuries this season to repeat. Leonard and Mills were also out a lot of games this season, that's why our seeding wasn't as high. We could of easily locked up the 2nd seed had everyone been healthy, hell, we almost did anyways. Then we could of coasted until the conference finals and played our only tough series of the play offs.

shootingcomets
05-14-2015, 01:07 AM
if they can win the title this year. and lock down those three. the rest of the team is expendable for them to build a dynasty, but this all hinges on them winning this year.

I honestly think Green is gone either way, some crappy team will overpay him then regret it

J Shuttlesworth
05-14-2015, 01:08 AM
We had far too many injuries this season to repeat. Leonard and Mills were also out a lot of games this season, that's why our seeding wasn't as high. We could of easily locked up the 2nd seed had everyone been healthy, hell, we almost did anyways. Then we could of coasted until the conference finals and played our only tough series of the play offs.
Actually, you could have easily locked in the 2nd seed if your team showed some actual fight against the Pelicans.

But yeah I don't think they had a realistic shot at the chip because of health reasons.

bballnoob1192
05-14-2015, 01:11 AM
I honestly think Green is gone either way, some crappy team will overpay him then regret it
well if he is gone then they need to keep bogut (if he isn't already locked down), but in the end they need to win the title this year to get that championship pedigree so that they can recruit vets and players that can support a championship duo/big three. if they don't win this year and pay curry and klay max money and lose some of their pieces they will have a hard time in the west in the future.

navy
05-14-2015, 01:14 AM
Warriors will match anything.

rmt
05-14-2015, 01:17 AM

I think they could. As we have seen, they didn't really need Parker to win last year. Splitter is really only necessary against certain teams like LAC and MEM. Against GSW, CLE - not necessary. Pop lost the series by playing Parker too much (Mills too little) and putting Leonard on Paul (Green should be on Paul all the time).

Watching the remaining teams now, I think Spurs could have won - too bad the hardest matchup came in the first round and Pop is so stubborn about TP. Realistically, you shouldn't be able to win with so many players playing poorly (Parker, Splitter, Green and Leonard[last 3 games]) but still the series was SO close.