PDA

View Full Version : So-called best Center in the NBA being outplayed by Draymond Green

JohnMax
05-14-2015, 03:45 AM
I don't care how good Draymond is defensively at 6'6-6'7 Gasol should be scoring right over top of him, the fact he can't do it consistently is a red flag.

navy
05-14-2015, 03:48 AM
Astute observation TMZ.

JohnMax
05-14-2015, 03:57 AM
Heres another astute observation:

You signed up January 2014 and have over 17,000 posts. Thats 35 posts a day.

navy
05-14-2015, 04:05 AM

You signed up January 2014 and have over 17,000 posts. Thats 35 posts a day.http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/kevin-garnett-reaction.gif

warriorfan
05-14-2015, 04:06 AM
when tmz strikes back

Milbuck
05-14-2015, 04:11 AM

http://hugelolcdn.com/hugereaction.com/i/1994.gif

JerrySeinfeld
05-14-2015, 04:14 AM

That shit that burns your soul slow.

Taller than CP3
05-14-2015, 04:14 AM

http://i.imgur.com/L9QAHq4.gif

SCdac
05-14-2015, 04:17 AM
To be fair to Marc, his RS career average is 14 ppg. He's got a nice jumper, and the state of big men is worse than previous eras, but he's never really been an elite scorer/volume scorer.

bdreason
05-14-2015, 04:20 AM
His name is DrayGod.

D-Wade316
05-14-2015, 05:11 AM

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Eric Cartman
05-14-2015, 05:15 AM

http://img1.nymag.com/content/dam/slideshows/2013/11/seinfeld-quiz-gifs/win.gif

iamgine
05-14-2015, 05:51 AM
Didn't they double?

LAZERUSS
05-14-2015, 08:23 AM
Didn't they double?

OCCASSIONALLY.

However, for much of every game, Gasol has been defended one-on-one. And yes, the 6-6 Green not only completely shut him down in game one, he was scoring at the rim against him at the other end.

Gasol is currently shooting .397 from the field in this series, and he has been pathetic in post-up situations. His defense, and his defensive impact are dramatically over-rated, as well.

His post-up skills are atrocious, and he has been attacked at the rim constantly by the Warriors in this series.

Aside from his above average FT shooting, he is no more than an average NBA center.

sundizz
05-14-2015, 11:21 AM
Do any of you actually watch the games?

Gasol was dominating him + anyone they put on him. He is the only reason the Grizz were even close for any part of the game. He made all sorts of shots on Dray. Gasol was easily the 2nd best player (or arguably 1st best) out there. Once the game got out of hand it doesn't really matter much what people do.

The only way to stop Gasol was doubling him....which they did more and more.

Yoshi
05-14-2015, 11:27 AM

:roll:

Fudge
05-14-2015, 11:27 AM

Damn.

I didn't know you had this in you, Johnny boy. You've always seemed like a big let up to me. Always taking shit from people on here.

I'm impressed.

gts
05-14-2015, 11:31 AM

damn those are some arbitrary water numbers right there

LAZERUSS
05-14-2015, 11:39 AM
Do any of you actually watch the games?

Gasol was dominating him + anyone they put on him. He is the only reason the Grizz were even close for any part of the game. He made all sorts of shots on Dray. Gasol was easily the 2nd best player (or arguably 1st best) out there. Once the game got out of hand it doesn't really matter much what people do.

The only way to stop Gasol was doubling him....which they did more and more.

I have watched EVERY game of this series..and Gasol has been AWFUL.

No post moves. Clumsy. Awkward. Horrible shot selection. ANY other center would be as productive offensively.

On defense, Green, and the entire Warrior roster has repeatedly burned him at the rim. On top of that, he is slow and tires easily.

Most over-rated center in the league.

RRR3
05-14-2015, 11:47 AM

No post moves. Clumsy. Awkward. Horrible shot selection. ANY other center would be as productive offensively.

On defense, Green, and the entire Warrior roster has repeatedly burned him at the rim. On top of that, he is slow and tires easily.

I have to agree with you Laz. I have pretty much the exact same thoughts watching him. For a former DPOY, he doesn't impress me much on defense.

StrongLurk
05-14-2015, 12:34 PM
http://i.imgur.com/L9QAHq4.gif
:lol

sundizz
05-14-2015, 01:15 PM

You really must be watching a different game + have never played basketball. He is dominating. He is the only player on that team that they can't bottle up easily. Even Zach is struggling against the double teams now. Gasol is beasting.

18.8 ppg, 10.4 rpg, 4.0 apg on 42% and 90% on high volume ft's = dominating.

Additionally, his fg is way skewed because he is their only consistent offensive player that was making shots when it mattered. Once the game was out of hand (Dubs up by 17+) he missed shots because he was forcing it. It really made no difference in the game at that point...they don't have enough scoring to make up deficits.

He literally does everything for them out there. Watching these playoffs it is clear how good of a center he is. He is easily the 2nd best player out on the court at all times. It is unbelievable how bad your scouting is about this. Their entire defense is centered around stopping him and he is still dominating.

The reason the Dubs are able to still win is because Curry is still underrated to how much he affects a basketball game. His threes are so outlandish to what people understand about basketball that they don't get the true impact of it. When they are able to score 3's at will like that it simply doesn't matter who the other team is.

FKAri
05-14-2015, 01:28 PM

Ya. Awkward as phuk. Reminded of Wilt out there.

k0kakw0rld
05-14-2015, 02:18 PM
http://hugelolcdn.com/hugereaction.com/i/1994.gif
OP is also talkin to you sir...

SourSamCassell
05-14-2015, 02:23 PM
Demarcus Cousins is the best center in the league

Gasol is ****ing trash

LAZERUSS
05-14-2015, 03:07 PM
You really must be watching a different game + have never played basketball. He is dominating. He is the only player on that team that they can't bottle up easily. Even Zach is struggling against the double teams now. Gasol is beasting.

18.8 ppg, 10.4 rpg, 4.0 apg on 42% and 90% on high volume ft's = dominating.

Additionally, his fg is way skewed because he is their only consistent offensive player that was making shots when it mattered. Once the game was out of hand (Dubs up by 17+) he missed shots because he was forcing it. It really made no difference in the game at that point...they don't have enough scoring to make up deficits.

He literally does everything for them out there. Watching these playoffs it is clear how good of a center he is. He is easily the 2nd best player out on the court at all times. It is unbelievable how bad your scouting is about this. Their entire defense is centered around stopping him and he is still dominating.

The reason the Dubs are able to still win is because Curry is still underrated to how much he affects a basketball game. His threes are so outlandish to what people understand about basketball that they don't get the true impact of it. When they are able to score 3's at will like that it simply doesn't matter who the other team is.

You are truly laughable.

Gasol was...get this... 1-8 in the FIRST HALF last night:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/pbp/201505130GSW.html

HE was the reason they were getting blown out in the 1st half. Completely WORTHLESS.

Secondly...he is shooting .397 from the field in this series (31-78.) Not only that, but he missing shots BY A MILE! His shot selection is horrific, and he can't make an open shot to save his life. It amazes me that he is shooting his FTs as well as he does, because when he has a wide open 15 footer, he is lucky if he hits the rim.

And again, IF you had WATCHED game 1...the Warriors had the (less than) 6-6 Draymond Green defend Gasol... ONE-ON-ONE in the second half. And Gasol was completely HELPLESS.

THEN, at the other end, Green was just ABUSING Gasol relentlessly. It was a pathetic JOKE.

Here was a 7-1 massive center, who couldn't do a DAMN thing against a 6-6 SF...ONE-ON-ONE!

DPOY??? This clown is just a WASTE in the middle. Can't defend his own man. Can't stop penetration. Hell, the Warriors have had a dunk fest at his expense.

Gasol is SO over-rated!

sundizz
05-14-2015, 03:39 PM
You are truly laughable.

Gasol was...get this... 1-8 in the FIRST HALF last night:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/pbp/201505130GSW.html

HE was the reason they were getting blown out in the 1st half. Completely WORTHLESS.

Secondly...he is shooting .397 from the field in this series (31-78.) Not only that, but he missing shots BY A MILE! His shot selection is horrific, and he can't make an open shot to save his life. It amazes me that he is shooting his FTs as well as he does, because when he has a wide open 15 footer, he is lucky if he hits the rim.

And again, IF you had WATCHED game 1...the Warriors had the (less than) 6-6 Draymond Green defend Gasol... ONE-ON-ONE in the second half. And Gasol was completely HELPLESS.

THEN, at the other end, Green was just ABUSING Gasol relentlessly. It was a pathetic JOKE.

Here was a 7-1 massive center, who couldn't do a DAMN thing against a 6-6 SF...ONE-ON-ONE!

DPOY??? This clown is just a WASTE in the middle. Can't defend his own man. Can't stop penetration. Hell, the Warriors have had a dunk fest at his expense.

Gasol is SO over-rated!

So you are just going to straight up lie AND post a link to something that completely shows you are lying. lol. You really can't read if you think that your link shows Gasol went 1-8 in the first half last night lol.

He made 3 shots in the first quarter lol. He left the game (after dominating) and the Grizz were up 23-10 when he checks out with 3 mins left in the quarter. The Warriors immediately go on a huge run and end the 1st up 26-25.

When he checks back at 10:39 of the 2nd quarter they are down 27-28.

Get the eff out of here you clown. Im the biggest Dubs supporter and cant stand u making up this complete nonsense.

HomieWeMajor
05-14-2015, 03:44 PM

http://i.imgur.com/ApttCKl.gif
Boy brought out the calculator for that one :applause:

Darius
05-14-2015, 03:53 PM
I have to admit Green's D on a legit post center is impressive.

LAZERUSS
05-14-2015, 03:55 PM
So you are just going to straight up lie AND post a link to something that completely shows you are lying. lol. You really can't read if you think that your link shows Gasol went 1-8 in the first half last night lol.

He made 3 shots in the first quarter lol. He left the game (after dominating) and the Grizz were up 23-10 when he checks out with 3 mins left in the quarter. The Warriors immediately go on a huge run and end the 1st up 26-25.

When he checks back at 10:39 of the 2nd quarter they are down 27-28.

Get the eff out of here you clown. Im the biggest Dubs supporter and cant stand u making up this complete nonsense.

28-27 when Gasol checks back in:

34-31: Gasol MISS.

38-35: Gasol MISS.

41-37: Gasol MISS (4ft BLOCKED by Bogut).

41-37: Gasol MISS (4ft BLOCKED by Bogut.)

41-37: Gasol TURNOVER.

46-37: Gasol MISS.

46-37: Gasol TURNOVER.

49-41: End of 1st Half:

Gasol 3-11 from the field with 2 TOs.

No impact on defense.

A complete WASTE.

Then, in the second half, he continued to brick shot-after-shot...missed his first two shots, and the lead blew up to 11. He finally hit a shot to draw them to 60-51. He hit a couple of meaningless shots, and then added two ore makes after they were down by 18...en route to a 5-11 2nd half performance.

And "Dominating?????" He started 0-3, and then made three in a row. Then, he reeled off five straight bricks, and shot his team right out of the first half.

You must be thinking of RANDOLPH...who had NINE points on 4-4 shooting in that 23-10 run.

And again...Gasol is shooting....get this... .397 from the field in the SERIES.

LAZERUSS
05-14-2015, 03:59 PM
I have to admit Green's D on a legit post center is impressive.

A 6-5 3/4" SF I might add.

And not only that, but he is POSTING UP Gasol at the other end.

Alan
05-14-2015, 04:25 PM
Ever considered how uncomfortable it must be for Gasol (7-1?) to play against or defend someone 6-7 who doesn't give up strength in comparison?

Same thing happened to Dirk while playing against Warriors some years ago. Derrick Rose, who's a great offensive player, can't do shit while guarded by LeBron. Someone with Rose's quickness and a huge height advantage will cause him to struggle massively.

oarabbus
05-14-2015, 04:33 PM
Ever considered how uncomfortable it must be for Gasol (7-1?) to play against or defend someone 6-7 who doesn't give up strength in comparison?

Same thing happened to Dirk while playing against Warriors some years ago. Derrick Rose, who's a great offensive player, can't do shit while guarded by LeBron. Someone with Rose's quickness and a huge height advantage will cause him to struggle massively.

Have you played basketball? If you take two players with equal strength but one is 6" taller, the 6" taller player will have the advantage.

LAZERUSS
05-14-2015, 07:12 PM
BTW,

Don't rip me if Gasol comes back with a 30-20 game tomorrow night. My point is that, so far, he has not been much of a factor on offense or defense in this series.

I won't take the time to look it up now, but a few months ago I claimed that Tim Duncan is STILL a better player, ...and so far the playoffs have confirmed that.

sundizz
05-14-2015, 07:53 PM

28-27 when Gasol checks back in:

34-31: Gasol MISS.

38-35: Gasol MISS.

41-37: Gasol MISS (4ft BLOCKED by Bogut).

41-37: Gasol MISS (4ft BLOCKED by Bogut.)

41-37: Gasol TURNOVER.

46-37: Gasol MISS.

46-37: Gasol TURNOVER.

49-41: End of 1st Half:

Gasol 3-11 from the field with 2 TOs.

No impact on defense.

A complete WASTE.

Then, in the second half, he continued to brick shot-after-shot...missed his first two shots, and the lead blew up to 11. He finally hit a shot to draw them to 60-51. He hit a couple of meaningless shots, and then added two ore makes after they were down by 18...en route to a 5-11 2nd half performance.

And "Dominating?????" He started 0-3, and then made three in a row. Then, he reeled off five straight bricks, and shot his team right out of the first half.

You must be thinking of RANDOLPH...who had NINE points on 4-4 shooting in that 23-10 run.

And again...Gasol is shooting....get this... .397 from the field in the SERIES.

Seriously, watch the game again. I know you love Wilt and I actually like hearing about old-timers (even though I hate on em to keep it fun), but if you are this delusional it sours the experience.

Why do you keep making up stats?

He was not 1-8 in the first half.

You of all people should know that it isn't just stats that equal impact also. Wilt won when he stopped stat hogging and played a team game of basketball. Marc Gasol is the apex of their offense and does an excellent job of getting everyone involved and scoring on his own. He missed more shots than usual last game, but by no means was that loss on him.

So it is his fault if they score on transition dunks and threes?

He checks back in at the 10:39 of the second quarter and it goes from 27-28 (Grizz/Dubs) to 41-49 (Grizz/Dubs)

That means the Warriors scored 21 points.

Of those, 13 points (12 from threes, and 1 from a tech free) were completely unrelated to anything he could of done. None of the threes were by anyone he was guarding or should have helped onto.

No one is saying (or at least I'm not saying) that he had a great game by his standards, but compared to his team he played just fine. He wasn't the problem at all. The problem for his team is that Jeff Green is terrible, Lee is so-so, and their bench is very mediocre. Vince Carter making random shots in the 2nd was the only reason it was even as close as it was.

If you replace Gasol and Bogut the Warriors improve by a mile and the Grizz get significantly worse. The Warriors were making a lot of great outside shots. When they attacked the rim they did so in seams and even then Gasol did a good job of making people miss. Barnes missed a dunk because of his defensive effort. His defense is overrated in my opinion (he was not a DPOY I thought) but defense comes down to an overall team effort.

LAZERUSS
05-14-2015, 08:00 PM
Seriously, watch the game again. I know you love Wilt and I actually like hearing about old-timers (even though I hate on em to keep it fun), but if you are this delusional it sours the experience.

You of all people should know that it isn't just stats that equal impact also. Wilt won when he stopped stat hogging and played a team game of basketball. Marc Gasol is the apex of their offense and does an excellent job of getting everyone involved and scoring on his own. He missed more shots than usual last game, but by no means was that loss on him.

He checks back in at the 10:39 of the second quarter and it goes from 27-28 (Grizz/Dubs) to 41-49 (Grizz/Dubs)

Of those, 13 points (12 from threes, and 1 from a tech free) were completely unrelated to anything he could of done. None of the threes were by anyone he was guarding or should have helped onto.

No one is saying (or at least I'm not saying) that he had a great game by his standards, but compared to his team he played just fine. He wasn't the problem at all. The problem for his team is that Jeff Green is terrible, Lee is so-so, and their bench is very mediocre. Vince Carter making random shots in the 2nd was the only reason it was even as close as it was.

If you replace Gasol and Bogut the Warriors improve by a mile and the Grizz get significantly worse. The Warriors were making a lot of great outside shots. When they attacked the rim they did so in seams and even then Gasol did a good job of making people miss. Barnes missed a dunk because of his defensive effort. His defense is overrated in my opinion (he was not a DPOY I thought) but defense comes down to an overall team effort.

Yeah...sorry...he wasn't 1-8 in the 1st half...he was much better at 3-11.

And in span of his return in the 2nd quarter, to early in the 3rd quarter, when the Warriors blew the game open...he went 0-7 with 2 TOs.

Earlier, you stated that he played well until the Warriors pulled away. In fact, it was just the opposite. He shot 6-20 when it counted...and then went 2-2 after the Warriors built a 20 point lead.

His defense has been atrocious, too. The Warriors have had a dunk-fest at the rim.

And again, even with single-coverage, and by even a 6-6 SF, he has been helpless in the post.

His .397 FG% is truly indicative of his inept play.

And you claim that none of this is his fault. How can you say that? He is 7-1, and can't even get near the rim against a 6-6 SF. I would never compare him to any actual great post-up centers, but don't you think he should be more of an offensive force that a stumble-bum who can't shoot?

he MAY have a huge game tomorrow night, too, but so far, he has been nothing more than a flop.

sundizz
05-14-2015, 08:21 PM
Yeah...sorry...he wasn't 1-8 in the 1st half...he was much better at 3-11.

And in span of his return in the 2nd quarter, to early in the 3rd quarter, when the Warriors blew the game open...he went 0-7 with 2 TOs.

Earlier, you stated that he played well until the Warriors pulled away. In fact, it was just the opposite. He shot 6-20 when it counted...and then went 2-2 after the Warriors built a 20 point lead.

His defense has been atrocious, too. The Warriors have had a dunk-fest at the rim.

And again, even with single-coverage, and by even a 6-6 SF, he has been helpless in the post.

His .397 FG% is truly indicative of his inept play.

And you claim that none of this is his fault. How can you say that? He is 7-1, and can't even get near the rim against a 6-6 SF. I would never compare him to any actual great post-up centers, but don't you think he should be more of an offensive force that a stumble-bum who can't shoot?

he MAY have a huge game tomorrow night, too, but so far, he has been nothing more than a flop.

I'm over this argument - you clearly don't watch the games. He gets doubled all the time.

He had a poor shooting game, but there is a reason he is shooting so many free throws - they hammer him when he has an easier to make shot. On the other hand, Randolph shot 0 free throws.

And yes, Dray guards him well. He guards everyone pretty well. It is because of team defense though primarily. If they just isolated him versus either Zach or Marc he gets dominated. They (Dubs) changed their style of play to start sending doubles and it has made Memphis play terrible because their perimeter players cannot capitalize.

I really can't fathom how bad you are seeing the game - for someone that talks about it so much. He has by far the most impact on the floor besides Curry. He dribbles, he passes, he scores, he draws fouls, and he plays good interior defense. Even a bad game for him (which it was) is so much better than you are trying to portray him.

Compare his and Zach's stats the last two games and tell me that Zach is playing better than him. It's laughable. Zach has been shooting great, but doesn't do much on defense, hasn't been drawing fouls, and definitely doesn't pass the ball to others in scoring positions.

iznogood
05-14-2015, 08:28 PM

Agreed. Gasol's impact is huge and he's a great player. He had a bad game for his standards, but he still played well and has been huge in this series. He scored with great ease against Green in game 4. The other thing is that GSW made him took worse shots than he normal takes in game 5 by having Bogut (not) guard Tony Allen and clog the lane all game long. He's also working very hard on transition defense and moving a lot in the half court so I think the fatigue is affecting both his shot selection and his makes.

I guess the biggest problem for Memphis in game 5 was GSW's Tony Allen ajdustment. Gasol could and should've played better, but I don't think it would make amy difference.

Bosnian Sajo
05-14-2015, 09:03 PM

What does the 2nd paragraph have to go with the first, those are two completely opposite situations...or do you not see that?

Dro
05-14-2015, 10:46 PM
Agreed. Gasol's impact is huge and he's a great player. He had a bad game for his standards, but he still played well and has been huge in this series. He scored with great ease against Green in game 4. The other thing is that GSW made him took worse shots than he normal takes in game 5 by having Bogut (not) guard Tony Allen and clog the lane all game long. He's also working very hard on transition defense and moving a lot in the half court so I think the fatigue is affecting both his shot selection and his makes.

I guess the biggest problem for Memphis in game 5 was GSW's Tony Allen ajdustment. Gasol could and should've played better, but I don't think it would make amy difference.
I agree with you guys. I didn't see any stats but I watched every game of this series and Gasol is clearly the best player on the court not named Curry. Like it was mentioned, he seems to do a bit of everything. He does make open shots, not sure what Laz is talking about unless he just means this one last game. He runs the offense if Conley doesn't have it and his defensive rotations are excellent. I guess because he doesn't actually jump and try to block everything people don't notice how he is always in the right position or at least trying to get there. His intelligence is easily noticed on the court. When he's on the bench, they seem terrible...

LAZERUSS
05-14-2015, 10:57 PM
I agree with you guys. I didn't see any stats but I watched every game of this series and Gasol is clearly the best player on the court not named Curry. Like it was mentioned, he seems to do a bit of everything. He does make open shots, not sure what Laz is talking about unless he just means this one last game. He runs the offense if Conley doesn't have it and his defensive rotations are excellent. I guess because he doesn't actually jump and try to block everything people don't notice how he is always in the right position or at least trying to get there. His intelligence is easily noticed on the court. When he's on the bench, they seem terrible...

Gasol has either shot horribly, or been a non-factor offensively, in EVERY game in this series. He either can't post up, and won't shoot (games 1 and 2), or gives up posting up, and jacks bricks that seldom even hit the rim in the other three (overall, in those three games... 21-58...or get this... .362 from the field.) He simply can't make ANYTHING. A drunken Stevie Wonder, shooting in a wind-tunnel, would do better.

And his defense? Just AWFUL. He is a NON-FACTOR on defense. The Warriors have attacked the rim the entire series, and he looks completely helpless to stop them.

On top of all of that...the clown is out of shape, and can't keep up. Again, I would take a 39 year old Duncan over this inept clod any day of the week.

Heavincent
05-14-2015, 11:01 PM
It's worth noting that Draymond Green has a 7 foot wing span.

sundizz
05-14-2015, 11:02 PM
Gasol has either shot horribly, or been a non-factor offensively, in EVERY game in this series. He either can't post up, and won't shoot (games 1 and 2), or gives up posting up, and jacks bricks that seldom even hit the rim in the other three (overall, in those three games... 21-58...or get this... .362 from the field.) He simply can't make ANYTHING. A drunken Stevie Wonder, shooting in a wind-tunnel, would do better.

And his defense? Just AWFUL. He is a NON-FACTOR on defense. The Warriors have attacked the rim the entire series, and he looks completely helpless to stop them.

On top of all of that...the clown is out of shape, and can't keep up. Again, I would take a 39 year old Duncan over this inept clod any day of the week.

:biggums:

Laz please post a video of you playing basketball. Please.

LAZERUSS
05-14-2015, 11:04 PM
:biggums:

Laz please post a video of you playing basketball. Please.

Why? What does that have to do with Gasol being pure trash?

sundizz
05-14-2015, 11:08 PM
Why? What does that have to do with Gasol being pure trash?

Cuz the way you talk about basketball it really makes it sound like you don't understand how the game works. A mobile 7 foot center that can draw double teams, pass, dribble, direct offense, quarterback defense, make fts, and shoot jumpers (very well from the outside) has a clear and direct impact on the game. I feel you must not understand what is happening out there to miss something so obvious.

LAZERUSS
05-14-2015, 11:11 PM
Cuz the way you talk about basketball it really makes it sound like you don't understand how the game works. A mobile 7 foot center that can draw double teams, pass, dribble, direct offense, quarterback defense, make fts, and shoot jumpers (very well from the outside) has a clear and direct impact on the game. I feel you must not understand what is happening out there to miss something so obvious.

None of which describes Gasol in this series. Nada. (Alright, he has made his FTAs, albeit, on very questionable calls to begin with.)

He has been an inept clod that can't post up a 6-6 SF, has missed almost every open shot he has taken, has had his point blank shots blocked, and has watched helplessly as the Warriors have paraded to the rim at the other end.

sundizz
05-14-2015, 11:20 PM
None of which describes Gasol in this series. Nada. (Alright, he has made his FTAs, albeit, on very questionable calls to begin with.)

He has been an inept clod that can't post up a 6-6 SF, has missed almost every open shot he has taken, has had his point blank shots blocked, and has watched helplessly as the Warriors have paraded to the rim at the other end.

:facepalm

Please post a video of you playing basketball against Wilt.

LAZERUSS
05-14-2015, 11:24 PM
:facepalm

Please post a video of you playing basketball against Wilt.

You could prop Wilt's corpse up under the basket, and Gasol would be helpless to post him up, and likely would not score.

iznogood
05-14-2015, 11:24 PM
You do realise we're talking about Marc Gasol, not Pau? :roll:

Alan
05-15-2015, 12:10 PM
Have you played basketball? If you take two players with equal strength but one is 6" taller, the 6" taller player will have the advantage.
I've played basketball all my life, thanks for asking.

My point is, that the shorter player has lower center of body mass and that makes it harder for the taller player to back him down. If you lower your shoulder and there's nothing to bang against, what do you do? Why weren't bigs scoring easily against Rodman? He was a midget compared to them. Obviously, if the taller player gets a deep position in the paint he can just turn around and shoot a jump hook, but getting to that spot is difficult. I'm not trying to find excuses for Gasol, I'm just pointing out what may be the reason behind his struggling.

What does the 2nd paragraph have to go with the first, those are two completely opposite situations...or do you not see that?

2nd paragraph has two examples. You are probably talking about Rose-James? I just wanted to show that this lets say "uncomfortableness" goes both ways. Quick much taller defenders like James or Leonard can cause a lot of problems for otherwise great offensive backcourt players. And the Dirk example is imo same as I've explained above.