PDA

View Full Version : Dennis Schroder and the Hawks in Crunch Time

yeaaaman
05-14-2015, 04:44 AM
Since when is Dennis Schroder the Hawks savior? The last few games I've watched, he's been trying to do it all in the closing seconds.

Game 3 he fell down and almost turned it over trying to drive it coast to coast and was lucky he got the ball out to Muscala who hit the 3 to tie it before Pierce won the game.

Game 4 he did the exact opposite of Atlanta Hawks basketball. He dribbled all over, almost lost it, brought it back out top, almost lost it again, didn't pass, stayed iso, drove in and got blocked. 4 other Hawks players just standing around watching.

Tonight in game 5 he got blocked again and was lucky Horford got the rebound.

That was never a strength of the Hawks team all year, so why in the closing seconds of must win playoff games would the Hawks suddenly play this way? And then the coach gave him the ball again this game? Is this how the Hawks won 60 games? Maybe there's something I'm missing.

navy
05-14-2015, 05:01 AM
He sucks but he's playing like Teague is suppose to play.

R.I.P.
05-14-2015, 05:29 AM
Since when is Dennis Schroder the Hawks savior? The last few games I've watched, he's been trying to do it all in the closing seconds.

Game 3 he fell down and almost turned it over trying to drive it coast to coast and was lucky he got the ball out to Muscala who hit the 3 to tie it before Pierce won the game.

Game 4 he did the exact opposite of Atlanta Hawks basketball. He dribbled all over, almost lost it, brought it back out top, almost lost it again, didn't pass, stayed iso, drove in and got blocked. 4 other Hawks players just standing around watching.

Tonight in game 5 he got blocked again and was lucky Horford got the rebound.

That was never a strength of the Hawks team all year, so why in the closing seconds of must win playoff games would the Hawks suddenly play this way? And then the coach gave him the ball again this game? Is this how the Hawks won 60 games? Maybe there's something I'm missing.

That he scored 17 points in the 4th quarter of game three and actually dished the game-tying assist? Paul Pierce also almost missed the game-winner, but he didn

yeaaaman
05-14-2015, 05:37 AM
[QUOTE=R.I.P.]That he scored 17 points in the 4th quarter of game three and actually dished the game-tying assist? Paul Pierce also almost missed the game-winner, but he didn

buddha
05-14-2015, 05:45 AM
the Hawks have nobody they can go to who can score one on one. Giving the ball to Schroder is better than Korver jacking 3's like they were doing in the final seconds of the Nets series.

R.I.P.
05-14-2015, 05:46 AM
I'm talking more about the style of play and decisions down the stretch. If you think Iso Schroder is a winning play call, then sure. I just don't.

Sounds like he's Allan Iverson, creating assists with his misses. Again, if that's the game plan. I'm not sure that's how the Hawks won 60 games. Oh well, I guess you can't expect them to go too far if that really is their bread and butter end of game play. It's not going to work too long. It barely is now.

Well true that. But the Wizards are also doing a good job defensively. Korver was a huge part of their regular season offense and the Wizards have basically taken him out completely. Schroeder had a lot of assists on the quick kickouts to Horford in that 4th quarter comeback stretch, so you figure the Wizards were watching that play closely, too.

I don

Genaro
05-14-2015, 05:54 AM
Hawks don't have a go to guy in the clutch time so they just give the ball to their best slasher to create layups, offensive rebounds or kick outs. I don't see anything wrong with that.

hawksdogsbraves
05-14-2015, 10:24 AM
Schroder has been hot and cold, pretty understandable for a player as young as he is.

The play last night was fine I thought, he should have passed to Millsap who was cutting but missed him, luckily Al bailed him out.

He probably shouldn't be the guy we draw plays up for down the stretch of games, but we just really don't have anybody else who can do it right now what with Teague being the biggest bitch in the world.

konex
05-14-2015, 10:46 AM
He is really good at penetrating and making things happen in general. He is also a more willing passer than Teague which is what the bigs need late

StephHamann
05-14-2015, 10:51 AM
Schr

konex
05-14-2015, 11:22 AM
[QUOTE]Teague came out of the game with 5:32 remaining and never returned as Dennis Schroder direct the Hawks down the stretch. Teague was at the scorer

ATL_Bball_King
05-14-2015, 11:47 AM
From AJC.com. Pretty unselfish by Teague :applause:

Thats pretty cool by teague to let him finish the game...They got the win is all that matters...I was at the game and i swear that play happened is slow motion