PDA

View Full Version : Hawks are going to the Finals

StrongLurk
05-14-2015, 08:25 AM
The only reason they have struggled is simply pressure. They won over 60 games and there is a lot of pressure to go far into the playoffs after a regular season of that caliber.

The Hawks have a good amount of legit talent and veterans, but none of them have much experience going deep into the playoffs. The Cavs matched up badly with the Hawks even with Kevin Love, and now with Kyrie and Shumpert not 100 percent for the rest of the playoffs it's going to be an uphill battle.

The Hawks offensive scheme and execution>>>Bulls. Once they make it to the conference finals, they will feel way less pressure because they finally made it to where most people expected them to.

ISHGoat
05-14-2015, 08:31 AM
Hawks are trash, it's a miracle that they advance past the Wizards. Cavs will put them in their place

3ball
05-14-2015, 08:37 AM
Once they make it to the conference finals, they will feel way less pressure because they finally made it to where most people expected them to.

everything you said is probably true, except the above..

the pressure gets greater every round, regardless of whether you haven't been there before.. Also, expectations aren't lower for the hawks - they are expected to make the Finals - they aren't trying to waste their best-record regular season.

i'd be shocked if they played looser in the ECF... i think they'll play tighter... like "oh crap, if we win this we'll ACTUALLY be in the Finals".. once this realization hits, their shots get tighter and they shit the bed - they haven't experienced it before, so this is how they'll react...

i've seen it a million times and the hawks look like PRIME candidates to be a deer in the headlights at some point in these playoffs - could be in the Finals, but i think the specter and overhype of Lebron will affect them - heck, the Bulls said he's Jordan.. so did the Pacers last year.. that being said, i think the wizards are really good, and that's part of the reason the hawks haven't looked great.

Lebron23
05-14-2015, 08:39 AM
LeBron James

Velocirap31
05-14-2015, 08:45 AM
They've been exposed as a regular season team, albeit a very good one. The series isn't over either. The Wizards can win two, especially with Wall back, whom they haven't had this series before the last game.

Combat Wombat
05-14-2015, 09:33 AM
LeBron James

:rolleyes:

Give up, you f#cking sad midget. You're not funny or intelligent.

ATL_Bball_King
05-14-2015, 10:29 AM
People acting like Wizards wouldnt be giving Cavs a hard time right now... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ..It would probably still be 3-2 if Wiz were playing the Cavs...Its a good second round

Ramza
05-14-2015, 10:29 AM
Mods?????

WallIn
05-14-2015, 12:55 PM
Seems legit.

atljonesbro
05-14-2015, 01:00 PM
This definitely isn't your typical Hawks team. There are so many instances in past season they would have just folded up and quit like in game 3 as well as last night. I think they have a great shot

Captvic
05-14-2015, 01:04 PM
This definitely isn't your typical Hawks team. There are so many instances in past season they would have just folded up and quit like in game 3 as well as last night. I think they have a great shot

Last night was uplifting win. I feel like they'll win game 6 in dc

ApexPredator
I'm fine with anybody from the East except the Cavs.

Legends66NBA7
There's really no reason they shouldn't make it.

4 all-stars (Teague and Korver need to step up) and a COY, good bench. Carroll and Schroeder have been stepping up from time to time.

Droid101
05-14-2015, 01:06 PM
LeBron James
Is struggling against a team that literally cannot score.

Hawks are going to carve the Cavs to pieces.

StrongLurk
05-14-2015, 03:03 PM
everything you said is probably true, except the above..

the pressure gets greater every round, regardless of whether you haven't been there before.. Also, expectations aren't lower for the hawks - they are expected to make the Finals - they aren't trying to waste their best-record regular season.

i'd be shocked if they played looser in the ECF... i think they'll play tighter... like "oh crap, if we win this we'll ACTUALLY be in the Finals".. once this realization hits, their shots get tighter and they shit the bed - they haven't experienced it before, so this is how they'll react...

i've seen it a million times and the hawks look like PRIME candidates to be a deer in the headlights at some point in these playoffs - could be in the Finals, but i think the specter and overhype of Lebron will affect them - heck, the Bulls said he's Jordan.. so did the Pacers last year.. that being said, i think the wizards are really good, and that's part of the reason the hawks haven't looked great.

At some point? Uhh have you watched them play these playoffs (probably not because basically no one has)? They have had that look MANY times so far. Like almost every game. That's why I said they will do better next round because they are the type of team that won't hang their heads losing in the EC Finals.

Whereas Lebron James has been the only player in history to have championship or bust expectations pretty much every year. So expectations will be for LEBRON to win, not the Hawks. Lebron could go out there with D-League players and still be expected to win.

Hawks will match up better against the Cavs and feel less pressure to win than they do now.

Hotlantadude81
05-14-2015, 05:50 PM
I want the Hawks to make the finals... But if they did the Clipps or the Warriors would destroy them with the way they're currently playing.

TheReal Kendall
05-14-2015, 06:04 PM
I'm hoping for a Grizzlies vs Hawks/Bulls matchup

Black and White
05-14-2015, 06:20 PM
I disagree, I think the Hawks would get curbstomped by whoever comes out of the Cle/Bulls series.

Captvic
05-14-2015, 07:35 PM
I disagree, I think the Hawks would get curbstomped by whoever comes out of the Cle/Bulls series.

I don't see where this is coming from. Both teams in the Cle/Chi series are hobbled. People like you need to stop discrediting wiz/hawks, I think either team would be fine in the ECF. Not saying they'll win but certainly not "curbstomped"

StrongLurk
05-14-2015, 11:07 PM
Welp, add in Kyrie getting hurt again, and the Hawks are basically a lock for the finals.

Never thought I would say that before the season started.

The HAWKS are a lock for the finals.

raprap
05-14-2015, 11:10 PM
Can you imagine a hawks vs grizz finals?

The ratingzzz :rockon:

Kingwillball
05-14-2015, 11:16 PM
Welp, add in Kyrie getting hurt again, and the Hawks are basically a lock for the finals.

Never thought I would say that before the season started.

The HAWKS are a lock for the finals.

LOL.. :confusedshrug: