PDA

View Full Version : Chris Paul Conference Finals Watch - A Crowning Achievement to a Remarkable Career

ninephive
05-14-2015, 11:39 AM
Let us pause this evening as we potentially witness a crowning achievement in a ten year career remarkably devoid of postseason success. Amid an unbelievably stacked cast and with a championship-proven coach, this warrior looks to culminate his career with a round 3 appearance. It was hard fought through a grueling first-round 7-game series and a more-difficult-than-forseen second round. Despite sitting out early in the series, Paul has willed his team to the brink of 2nd round victory. The standard for former MVP candidates has never been lower, and yet we can all get past the flopping and pushoffs and enjoy an unprecendednted level of success.

Standing beside a power forward who led his team in scoring in both the regular season and playoffs, a center who led the league in rebounding and FG%, and a supporting cast featuring a playoff-clutch sharp-shooter, a sixth-man of the year, and up-and coming bench players like a coach's son, Chris Paul has "led" his team to the brink of the promised land. We have to ask ourselves the question, will he enter? Tonight may answer that question. We have heard doubters say things like, "A Chris Paul led team will never make the Confernece Finals." And so far they have been remarkably accurate. But tonight may indeed potentially invalidate that statement (despite Chris Paul not actually statistically leading the team and missing games). So I say, possible congratulations to your potential 2014-15 Western Conference Finalist Los Angeles Clippers and their leader-at-heart, Chris Paul.

Taller than CP3
05-14-2015, 11:41 AM
If Clippers win it all, then CP3 will get his very own statue outside Staples Center.

Thechosen1
05-14-2015, 11:43 AM
another clippers jinx thread...so surprising

RRR3
05-14-2015, 11:45 AM
What a great institution the San Antonio Mental Health Facility is, encouraging ninephive to face his fears on ISH after he was left traumatized when he saw CP3 sodomize Tony "no impact" Parker.

HylianNightmare
05-14-2015, 11:49 AM
Still kind of exciting for cp3 even though I hate almost everyone else on the clipps

YouGotServed
05-14-2015, 11:56 AM
What a great institution the San Antonio Mental Health Facility is, encouraging ninephive to face his fears on ISH after he was left traumatized when he saw CP3 sodomize Tony "no impact" Parker.

:roll:

ninephive
05-14-2015, 12:00 PM
Indeed, after a devastating dagger by Tony Parker in Game 7 of the 2008 second round to send Chris Paul's closest shot at a WCF appearance up in flames, Paul came back with a vengeance. But not in 2012, in that series he came back in embarrassing fashion to lead his team to a sweep on terrible production and terrible shooting. Even amid a 25+ point lead, Parker joked on the sideline before erasing that lead and comfortably winning to secure the sweep. But then a few years later in 2015, Paul took advantage of an injured Parker to sweep, no devastate in 5, no convincingly defeat in 6, well decidedly win in 7...I mean win by 2 in game 7 emphatically. He even helped his team regroup after the clock operator revealed San Antonio's back screen lob to Kawhi, and as history would have it, the Clippers moved on.

Then because of Chris Paul's obvious hamstring injury (que the ABC cameras and replays of "the grab"), he sat out in game one where he took part in cheering his lowly cast on to a blowout road-win in Houston. The heart and soul lives on, CP3 contributing in big ways, while not even playing. Intangibles. What more can be said?

r15mohd
05-14-2015, 12:10 PM
Indeed, after a devastating dagger by Tony Parker in Game 7 of the 2008 second round to send Chris Paul's closest shot at a WCF appearance up in flames, Paul came back with a vengeance. But not in 2012, in that series he came back in embarrassing fashion to lead his team to a sweep on terrible production and terrible shooting. Even amid a 25+ point lead, Parker joked on the sideline before erasing that lead and comfortably winning to secure the sweep. But then a few years later in 2015, Paul took advantage of an injured Parker to sweep, no devastate in 5, no convincingly defeat in 6, well decidedly win in 7...I mean win by 2 in game 7 emphatically. He even helped his team regroup after the clock operator revealed San Antonio's back screen lob to Kawhi, and as history would have it, the Clippers moved on.

Then because of Chris Paul's obvious hamstring injury (que the ABC cameras and replays of "the grab"), he sat out in game one where he took part in cheering his lowly cast on to a blowout road-win in Houston. The heart and soul lives on, CP3 contributing in big ways, while not even playing. Intangibles. What more can be said?

synopsis of this post...butthurt! :rolleyes:

LoneyROY7
05-14-2015, 12:15 PM
:dancin

RRR3
05-14-2015, 02:36 PM

Do you honestly think Parker has ever been as good as Paul (let alone better)?
:biggums:

Darius
05-14-2015, 02:57 PM
Aww yeah... he MAD... :oldlol: :oldlol:

ninephive
05-14-2015, 06:14 PM
Do you honestly think Parker has ever been as good as Paul (let alone better)?
:biggums:
Do I think a 4 time champion with a FMVP and was the best player on his championship team last year was ever better than a guy who's had a stacked roster for years, years to build chemistry with said roster, and a really good coach? And the first and only time in his ten year career he's had a decent chance of getting out of the second round happens to be the year he's hurt and missing games in the playoffs and doesn't lead his team in scoring anymore in the regular season and the playoffs (unlike Parker in his championship run for instance...including Parker being the only All-Star and All-NBA player on that championship team)? So do I think Parker has ever been better than the flopping, pushoff/choke-artist, stat-padder on a mediocre team? Yah, I certainly do.

rhowen4
05-14-2015, 06:19 PM
Why do I hate the Spurs all of a sudden? Strange...

Young X
05-14-2015, 06:29 PM
ninephive still salty that CP destroyed Parker and the Spurs after all he sh!t he's been talking over the years. Don't mind him, he had to watch Parker literally play like the worst starting PG in the league and be a liability to his team while simultaneously watching the player he hates the most destroy that same team. Shit, if I was him I'd hate CP too. :lol

Donkey4trading
05-14-2015, 06:37 PM
lets be real if Lebron had played a total of 22 minutes through 3 games of this series and his team was up 2-1 and then he came back for a full game and his team go blown out.. ISH would crucify him for being "carried" and for the team "being better without him"

but since everybody loves Cp3 ISH is ready to bow down if he makes the WCF :oldlol: :oldlol: :lol :lol what a joke

PsychoBe
05-14-2015, 06:40 PM
lets be real if Lebron had played a total of 22 minutes through 3 games of this series and his team was up 2-1 and then he came back for a full game and his team go blown out.. ISH would crucify him for being "carried" and for the team "being better without him"

but since everybody loves Cp3 ISH is ready to bow down if he makes the WCF :oldlol: :oldlol: :lol :lol what a joke

this. dude literally has the best playoff performer on his team right now yet he still gets all of the credit? :facepalm

fragokota
05-14-2015, 06:43 PM
this. dude literally has the best playoff performer on his team right now yet he still gets all of the credit? :facepalm

By whom? Didn't see anyone not acknowledging how great Blake has been also.

Donkey4trading
05-14-2015, 06:45 PM
By whom? Didn't see anyone not acknowledging how great Blake has been also.

you say as if Paul is having a similar impact to Blake in this series :lol :lol

fragokota
05-14-2015, 06:46 PM

Uh, no but it's not only this series. You have to get past two rounds to reach the conference finals....Wasn't he also crucial to beat the SAS? Wtf :biggums:

Donkey4trading
05-14-2015, 06:51 PM
Uh, no but it's not only this series. You have to get past two rounds to reach the conference finals....Wasn't he also crucial to beat the SAS? Wtf :biggums:

nobody is saying he wasn't, he was huge in that series but shouldn't you have to be involved in both series to get credit for winning both series :confusedshrug: :confusedshrug: he had played 22 minutes and scored 12 points in the entire series and they were up 2-1 which included a win at houston and they almost won game 2, paul barely played in the next game, then game 4 he plays his regular minutes and they got beat badly

nobody wants to admit this but the Clippers have looked better against Houston so far without Chris Paul, than with them

fragokota
05-14-2015, 06:55 PM
nobody is saying he wasn't, he was huge in that series but shouldn't you have to be involved in both series to get credit for winning both series :confusedshrug: :confusedshrug: he had played 22 minutes and scored 12 points in the entire series and they were up 2-1 which included a win at houston and they almost won game 2, paul barely played in the next game, then game 4 he plays his regular minutes and they got beat badly

nobody wants to admit this but the Clippers have looked better against Houston so far without Chris Paul, than with them

Dude, you're missing the point. I was responding to psycho's post about him getting all the credit for getting to the conference finals. That's simply not true. Everyone knows Griffin is having an MVP-esque playoff performance so far. Maybe he was referring to ish trolls cause i don't know anyone else doing it...

ILLsmak
05-14-2015, 07:20 PM

cp said a long time ago that Blake would have to take the next step for the Clips to be contenders.

-Smak

ninephive
05-14-2015, 07:25 PM
ninephive still salty that CP destroyed Parker and the Spurs after all he sh!t he's been talking over the years. Don't mind him, he had to watch Parker literally play like the worst starting PG in the league and be a liability to his team while simultaneously watching the player he hates the most destroy that same team. Shit, if I was him I'd hate CP too. :lol
If Parker getting destroyed means getting beat by 2 in G7 while injured the whole series (and half of the season), then I'm not sure what Paul getting swept by Parker is supposed to be defined as. Heck, even the 2008 series wasn't as close as this one.

ninephive
05-14-2015, 07:30 PM
cp said a long time ago that Blake would have to take the next step for the Clips to be contenders.

-Smak
This is true...CP3 never had enough impact to carry a team. Blake has always been a good player, but this year he has taken his game to another level. I agree that the team has looked better without Paul, but that can happen to any team on any given night. That was always the thing people said about Parker when the Spurs won in OT of G6 when he missed the second half with his hamstring injury. "See, the Spurs are better without Parker" Well, except for the fact that they had won 3 other games with Parker. The same goes with Paul, the Clippers are obviously a good enough team to win games without him, but they will need him to continue making their run.

ILLsmak
05-14-2015, 07:34 PM
This is true...CP3 never had enough impact to carry a team. Blake has always been a good player, but this year he has taken his game to another level. I agree that the team has looked better without Paul, but that can happen to any team on any given night. That was always the thing people said about Parker when the Spurs won in OT of G6 when he missed the second half with his hamstring injury. "See, the Spurs are better without Parker" Well, except for the fact that they had won 3 other games with Parker. The same goes with Paul, the Clippers are obviously a good enough team to win games without him, but they will need him to continue making their run.

I dislike Paul because as I've said he's a ball puncher, but I'm not trying to hate.

I'm just saying this success of Blake is by design. CP3 is a PG. He knew they wouldn't do shit until Blake was a legit superstar. And if Blake stops being a superstar, Paul might be able to carry them for a few plays if Blake ****s up right at the end (like he did), but for a whole game nah.

BTW Houston is pretty mediocre as a team. Will have to see what happens if/when they play the next round or finals.

-Smak

ninephive
05-15-2015, 12:01 AM
We are only one half away from a potential career-defining moment. If Paul has a good scoring outing, he has the potential to pass Reddick in PPG for the series. And if he scores 20-30 pts in the second half, he could end up with the 5th most total points for the Clippers for the series. But he needs to keep scoring to avoid falling into 7th behind Barnes.

keep-itreal
05-15-2015, 01:15 AM
THIS THREAD :roll: :roll:

zoom17
05-15-2015, 01:17 AM
yikes

noob cake
05-15-2015, 01:30 AM
http://cdn.niketalk.com/2/2f/900x900px-LL-2f63d636_0Jg1Sm7.gif

ninephive
05-15-2015, 06:25 PM
Let us not be hasty to dismiss this crowning achievement, for it is still within reach. Did we watch another meltdown of historic proportions by this fierce competitor/pushoff-master/flopper? Of course we did, as no playoffs would truly be complete without it. But once again Chris Paul has a golden opportunity to finalize his career with every playoff-choker's crowning achievement: a once-in-a-lifetime trip to the Conference Finals.

Thechosen1
05-15-2015, 06:37 PM
these ****ing jinx threads are annoying...we get it u want the clippers to lose...no one gives a ****

Optimus Prime
05-15-2015, 06:47 PM
This thread is great satire and especially entertaining considering the choke job last night. :lol :applause:

ralph_i_el
05-15-2015, 08:04 PM
Swap Tony Parker and CP3 for their careers....CP3 has 4 rings and Tony parker has 4 playoff appearances.

avonbarksdale
05-15-2015, 08:39 PM
Swap Tony Parker and CP3 for their careers....CP3 has 4 rings and Tony parker has 4 playoff appearances.

maybe, if he didnt choke

ninephive
05-16-2015, 01:06 AM
So what you're saying is the Spurs wouldn't be any better if they had Chris Paul? I agree.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
05-16-2015, 01:15 AM
You don' derped, bruh ... :facepalm

enayes
05-16-2015, 01:32 AM
http://cdn.niketalk.com/2/2f/900x900px-LL-2f63d636_0Jg1Sm7.gif

:oldlol:

I can't believe they lost that game. But I was happy to see them collapse. I still have a chance to win $3500.

houston
05-16-2015, 01:42 AM
we have to see.....

ninephive
05-17-2015, 05:24 PM
All of us CP3 fans are still on the watch for this remarkable accomplishment. Truly an honor watching a legend like this on the brink of a career-defining accomplishment.

Graviton
05-17-2015, 05:45 PM
All of us CP3 fans are still on the watch for this remarkable accomplishment. Truly an honor watching a legend like this on the brink of a career-defining accomplishment.
You are the new Konex man. :roll:

CelticBaller
05-17-2015, 05:47 PM
Cp3 will be forever known as carreer loser

LONGTIME
05-17-2015, 05:53 PM
:oldlol:

Thorn
05-17-2015, 05:57 PM
Spurs fan jinxing the Clips from beyond the grave :applause:

ninephive
05-17-2015, 05:59 PM
Folks, I will bump this thread next year. This should not be a blemish on the immaculate resume of CP3. Some players never make the second round of the playoffs their whole career. Not good players, but some players. I can't think of any off the top of my head, but I know there are players who have never even MADE the second round of the playoffs. So think about that. Chris Paul has a better resume than all of those players.

ArbitraryWater
05-17-2015, 06:24 PM
wow

ArbitraryWater
05-17-2015, 06:25 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CFPaZDDUMAAhUOB.jpg

SpecialQue
05-17-2015, 06:26 PM
https://40.media.tumblr.com/b51e3eea215cf91a06b25ba66564a3f3/tumblr_noim9xa57m1tfn6p6o1_540.jpg

kennethgriffin
05-17-2015, 06:28 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CFPaZDDUMAAhUOB.jpg

honestly.. who makes a shrine of themselves in their own home..

hanging up your own jersey on the wall lol

put those rings in a safety deposit box before youre family gets raped and murdered

that being said.... parker is the best PG of his generation

ImKobe
05-17-2015, 06:28 PM
http://weknowgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/now-comes-the-part-where-we-throw-our-heads-back-in-laughter.gif

ArbitraryWater
05-17-2015, 06:30 PM
honestly.. who makes a shrine of themselves in their own home..

hanging up your own jersey on the wall lol

put those rings in a safety deposit box before youre family gets raped and murdered

that being said.... parker is the best PG of his generation

you have a ****ing Kobe shrine in your house shut up.. thats perfectly legit and alot of guys who made it do it.

YouGotServed
05-17-2015, 06:31 PM
I see you OP. I see you

http://myreactiongifs.com/gifs/beardedguyheadnod.gif

PsychoBe
05-17-2015, 06:31 PM
Folks, I will bump this thread next year. This should not be a blemish on the immaculate resume of CP3. Some players never make the second round of the playoffs their whole career. Not good players, but some players. I can't think of any off the top of my head, but I know there are players who have never even MADE the second round of the playoffs. So think about that. Chris Paul has a better resume than all of those players.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

TMacYaoRockets
05-17-2015, 06:35 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CFPcEk7UIAA5Rp6.jpg

You made Steve Ballmer sad, OP.

Solid Snake
05-17-2015, 07:52 PM
Let us pause this evening as we potentially witness a crowning achievement in a ten year career remarkably devoid of postseason success. Amid an unbelievably stacked cast and with a championship-proven coach, this warrior looks to culminate his career with a round 3 appearance. It was hard fought through a grueling first-round 7-game series and a more-difficult-than-forseen second round. Despite sitting out early in the series, Paul has willed his team to the brink of 2nd round victory. The standard for former MVP candidates has never been lower, and yet we can all get past the flopping and pushoffs and enjoy an unprecendednted level of success.

Standing beside a power forward who led his team in scoring in both the regular season and playoffs, a center who led the league in rebounding and FG%, and a supporting cast featuring a playoff-clutch sharp-shooter, a sixth-man of the year, and up-and coming bench players like a coach's son, Chris Paul has "led" his team to the brink of the promised land. We have to ask ourselves the question, will he enter? Tonight may answer that question. We have heard doubters say things like, "A Chris Paul led team will never make the Confernece Finals." And so far they have been remarkably accurate. But tonight may indeed potentially invalidate that statement (despite Chris Paul not actually statistically leading the team and missing games). So I say, possible congratulations to your potential 2014-15 Western Conference Finalist Los Angeles Clippers and their leader-at-heart, Chris Paul.

Fail.

mehyaM24
05-17-2015, 07:53 PM
GOAT jinx? lmao

houston
05-18-2015, 06:09 PM
nope fail on chris

ArbitraryWater
09-28-2015, 11:25 AM
https://i.gyazo.com/d93e60ba05f312d6319dde44812c29bf.png

lol